• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember anyone posting photos of themselves with their partners in here. Someone change that!

Or I will be the first to do it when I meet my fox in the near future.

This is us in a club

02C1AB90-8A1A-4EA8-BF78-0843EC3376F7_zpschlnopi3.jpg

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I don't remember anyone posting photos of themselves with their partners in here. Someone change that!

Or I will be the first to do it when I meet my fox in the near future.

Kater, you did a good thing by posting this. So many wonderful photos being shared... :)

Left my window open during the night and now it's freezing cold in my room.

Cosmic Bus said:
What became of Hylian Tom? I haven't seen him post since Mardi Gras.

He still posts on Gaf. I saw him post in the gay marriage thread the other day. He just hasn't posted in here in a while.

I've done this so many times. On the bright side I sleep really well and my place the same size as a 300k SA apartment so it heats up in no time.
Yeah, I pretty much did this this entire past winter. Can't control the heat in my dorm room at all and it just constantly got too warm in my room at night to sleep. So, I just opened my window right before I went to bed. Of course, my room would be totally freezing by the time I woke up, but it was worth it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
"When homosexuality is exhibited to the extreme - to say: 'Ah, you know I'm homosexual,' - that has nothing to do with me. A man has to be a man." - Giorgio Armani

Can that leather bag shut up?

Razmos

Really, i'm being shit on in that thread for pointing out that saying "who you choose to hug and smooch" in regards to being gay, suggests a choice to be attracted to the same sex.

I wasn't even shitting on the poster, just pointing out it's an unfortunate wording choice.

It really annoys me when people say "I don't care who you choose to be with/fuck/love" because yeah, while it's a nice thought and progressive, it still suggests that I'm choosing to be that way. It lowers being gay to being more akin to a sexual fetish rather than an innate part of a person.

I find it kinda demeaning.

mantidor

What's with fashion designers and their denial and self hate? First Dolce and Gabanna, now Armani? I've read Valentino is the same...

Maybe they are just old.

Kater, you did a good thing by posting this. So many wonderful photos being shared... :)

I disagree, they remind me I'm alone :p

Really, i'm being shit on in that thread for pointing out that saying "who you choose to hug and smooch" in regards to being gay, suggests a choice to be attracted to the same sex.

I wasn't even shitting on the poster, just pointing out it's an unfortunate wording choice.

It really annoys me when people say "I don't care who you choose to be with/fuck/love" because yeah, while it's a nice thought and progressive, it still suggests that I'm choosing to be that way. It lowers being gay to being more akin to a sexual fetish rather than an innate part of a person.

I agree. I find it really annoying, because I feel the people pulling that shit are just trying to be as faux progressive/cool as possible. "Oh look at me, I'm so progressive that I dont even think it matters if being gay is a choice."

Cool story, but it isn't a choice, or at the very least not a conscious or reversible one. Why even suggest that it is one.

Razmos

I agree. I find it really annoying, because I feel the people pulling that shit are just trying to be as faux progressive/cool as possible. "Oh look at me, I'm so progressive that I dont even think it matters if being gay is a choice."

Cool story, but it isn't a choice, or at the very least not a conscious or reversible one. Why even suggest that it is one.
Yep, precisely. And they are already being so "progressive" that they really can't see how it could be offensive.

I've seen quite a few people who have come out to their parents/friends whatever and they've been really happy that they replied with "I don't care who you choose to be with", and I find it amazing that they would settle for that.

I think people should be called out on saying it, because it is passively offensive, like someone saying something they don't like is "gay"

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
What's with fashion designers and their denial and self hate? First Dolce and Gabanna, now Armani? I've read Valentino is the same...

Maybe they are just old.

Is it their age, though? His comment would fit right in with many Grindr users' hook-up requirements.

mantidor

Is it their age, though? His comment would fit right in with many Grindr users' hook-up requirements.

Yeah but it's not just the masculine thing, D&G said gay couples should not have children and Valentino despises any kind of PDAs from gay couples, and you know these people are practically married to other men. The masc4masc thing is also an old school notion if you think about it.

Golnei

Though he does disparage cultivated muscle mass as well, which is a little at odds with the 'MASCULINE WHITE FOR MASCULINE WHITE' archetype, it does still seem to have a lot to do with the lesser cultural worth associated with what's perceived as feminine, and the narrow view of what's acceptably masculine - especially considering the Dolce & Gabbana synthetic baby comments, they seem to hold absurdly conservative views overall. Combine their contorted reconciliation of their idealised, exclusive notion of masculinity with age, money and a disconnect from reality, and it's easy enough to see why they love to shoot endless streams of poisonous bile into the upper atmosphere.

I don't imagine they'd have a terribly nuanced view of ethnicity either, so that's another point of comparison...

There is a choice involved - you're choosing to pursue a partner of the gender / sex you're innately attracted to, as opposed to ritually castrating / clitoridectomising yourself for your impure desires.

Bad roommate huh?
How is he judgemental?

Yes.

And he judges. Everything. He actually tried giving me shit for cooking spinach because "doing that gets rid of all the nutrients", he's given me shit for eating salmon and tilapia a lot because "fish have mercury" (nevermind that those are some of the lowest mercury level fish available), he gives our suitemate shit for playing video games all weekend (it really isnt any of his business what our suitemate does), he gets mad when he can hear the suitemate playing Dota2 and yet he ALWAYS has his phone volume on in the room when he's playing shit like candy crush. Stuff like that.

Kevyt

Here's a good pic of us from last fall.

Fun fact: we're both named Andrew.

And here's a recent one that was reported for 'nudity' on Facebook.

He has a band-aid next to his eye. Is there something you want to tell us?

Domestic violence is not okay.

:p

Yes.

And he judges. Everything. He actually tried giving me shit for cooking spinach because "doing that gets rid of all the nutrients", he's given me shit for eating salmon and tilapia a lot because "fish have mercury" (nevermind that those are some of the lowest mercury level fish available), he gives our suitemate shit for playing video games all weekend (it really isnt any of his business what our suitemate does), he gets mad when he can hear the suitemate playing Dota2 and yet he ALWAYS has his phone volume on in the room when he's playing shit like candy crush. Stuff like that.

Aaah sounds awful. He's got no business bagging on Dota when he's playing freaking Candy Crush.

Andrin

My current supervisor is this really hot guy doing his residency at the ward we're at and he's always nice and polite to the patients, treats the nurses and other staff well (you'd be surprised at how rare that is), really knows his stuff and always has this calm, confident air about him. He's basically everything I'd want to be in ten years.
Well, minus the being straight part.

Some really cute couple pics in here too! Wish I could contribute, but that'd require me not being alone T_T

Yes.

Oh,fuck no. whenever something like this happens on the train it drives me batty, and it's always a game with the most obnoxious sound effects. I hope those 12 days go by quick for you.

It's extremely awkward when a girl tries to hit on you and your not really feeling it.

Oh god.

Edit: Fuck. New page.

Its not really, though. You can just take it as a compliment or if she's too aggressively hitting on you, tell her you're gay. I mean, there is a girl at work who was hitting on me.. and said she would turn me straight.. that was cringey..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom