• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

red13th

I was introduced to Magic The Gathering in middle school and started playing it. Then a friend told me to buy those plastic card sleeves to protect my stack, so I did but I accidentally got a giant box of Yu-Gi-Yoh sleeves, which are smaller than Magic cards. For some reason I decided to cut the borders off my cards so that they can fit in the sleeves, not knowing that I was breaking some massive cardinal rules, lol. I was excommunicated so fucking fast, but when I think back on it I'm like "goddamn that was so punk rock of me." I had some super rare ones too. Such an idiot. lol

noooo how could you do this.

Strike up conversations about topics where you think he would have a different opinion from your own, that's usually a good catalyst to crush withdrawals. I had a crush on a straight guy (which is rare for me honestly) until I realized that he was super religious, which turned me off. Once you find those differences you'll sub-consciously start deconstructing the notion that you two are compatible, which over time can poison all those nice fuzzy feelings you have towards him right now. So stick it out now and be a friend for him, and stress the key characteristics of his that would totally be a dealbreaker for you.

I feel like the only real dealbreaker would be if he were against gay marriage, or thought homosexuality was immoral. But I really would rather not strike up a conversation about that.

mantidor

I was introduced to Magic The Gathering in middle school and started playing it. Then a friend told me to buy those plastic card sleeves to protect my stack, so I did but I accidentally got a giant box of Yu-Gi-Yoh sleeves, which are smaller than Magic cards. For some reason I decided to cut the borders off my cards so that they can fit in the sleeves, not knowing that I was breaking some massive cardinal rules, lol. I was excommunicated so fucking fast, but when I think back on it I'm like "goddamn that was so punk rock of me." I had some super rare ones too. Such an idiot. lol

As not a fan of Magic...

How could you do this? D: If you ever had a nerd card you need to return it.

HylianTom

Banned
Happy weekend y'all.

Happy weekend! I love having half-days on Fridays.. makes-up (kinda) for the long hours on the first four days.

We got our rings yesterday.. they're stunning, and I'm relieved as all hell that they both fit well.
B8kEOV0CMAEDQh-.jpg
B8kEOWDCAAEEqDc.jpg

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member
Happy weekend! I love having half-days on Fridays.. makes-up (kinda) for the long hours on the first four days.

We got our rings yesterday.. they're stunning, and I'm relieved as all hell that they both fit well.

Oh man! Those rings are beautiful! If I ever get married I'm definitely getting something like that! :p

Jezan

I feel like the only real dealbreaker would be if he were against gay marriage, or thought homosexuality was immoral. But I really would rather not strike up a conversation about that.
He has more dealbreakers but you won't see them right now, I mean it's a crush after all, those fuckers look invincible and we don't accept they are not perfect. So as Soulscribe said, the fastest way is to have a conversation with him. Hang in there you can do it!
Happy weekend y'all.
Thanks, you too, everyone too! :D

Long weekend for Mexico! :)

hi gays how are you guys
Doing well! I'm much better now than I was a couple of days ago. Just keeping myself busy with school, friends and cleaning. I always feel better when I'm accomplishing things. :)
Ben & Jerry's pints are single serving, despite what the pesky label says.
Dude, those are basically Dixie cups.
A normal single serving is one of these
I've been trying to avoid this mindset the last couple of months, haha. I used to be terrible with servings. I totally had the fat dude mindset of, "Well, I'm already eating this bad thing, so I should just go all out!" XD
Heck, I used to have at least one of the largest size Slurpees every day, if not more. Wow, that was a lot of sugar. And keep in mind that I live in flipping-freezing Manitoba! That's some chubby dedication!
Those are some beautiful rings! :') I hope you feel comfortable posting wedding shots here after.
Damn so many handsome guys in this thread. :eek: I didn't realize GAF is full of hotties ;o
I know, right?! I'm sure going to miss Real Pic January. :(
I got back from a walk about an hour ago so I feeling really good.
I'm glad to hear it, Kinsei! I always feel great after a walk too. I should actually go for one right now but, y'know, laziness. :p

Kevyt

Beautiful rings! What's the story behind the triangles?

I just ate Chipotle, so terrible

Rip stomach.

I got back from a walk about an hour ago so I feeling really good.

Running is good. Runners high is also good.

Hi, I'm gay! And you?

Nice rings :)

I'm using Monday to see the guy I'm chatting with, best long weekend ever incoming :)

Nice. Keep us updated.

Kevyt

Hippie... you're on GAF. Please tell me this is a joke. xD
You need to try to figure it out, though I won't force the answer on you.

Hmmm... three triangles on a ring, what could it mean? I have no idea tbh. A symbol for love? An everlasting bond? xD

I feel really dumb right now.

I would have run, but it's been really icy out since the storm we had on Tuesday and I didn't want to fall.

Yeah be careful. Walking is good too.

Aww. Those are some beautiful rings. :)

Glad to hear it Kinsei. Hope you have a good weekend.

Good. About to see a movie.

Which one?

Kinsei

Banned
Hmmm... three triangles on a ring, what could it mean? I have no idea tbh. A symbol for love? An everlasting bond? xD

The triangles are from a VERY popular video game series. In fact there's a remake of one of the games in the series coming out very soon.

Haha, it's all good. I actually didn't even notice his name was HylianTom, which makes it even more fitting.

My questions are: who is the third holder of their Triforce? And who represents power, wisdom and courage?

HylianTom

Banned
Those are some beautiful rings! :') I hope you feel comfortable posting wedding shots here after.

Haha.. we're cheap - we've decided on no wedding, the money going to house savings instead. But if/when there's chaos at the courthouse, I definitely want to get some pics. :)

Beautiful rings! What's the story behind the triangles?
The Triforce, from Zelda!
Geeky, but elegant and simple!
I'm tempted for the third one to be for our puppy (when we get one).. maybe get a cheap silver one, haha.. :p

Kevyt

Cmon man!
Zelda dude.

I'm going to go see Project Almanac.

Ooooohhh.

The triangles are from a VERY popular video game series. In fact there's a remake of one of the games in the series coming out very soon.

I see.

They are beautiful :)

Sir, hand over your gamer card. :|

:( ok.

Haha, it's all good. I actually didn't even notice his name was HylianTom, which makes it even more fitting.

My questions are: who is the third holder of their Triforce? And who represents power, wisdom and courage?

I have never played a Zelda game before... :(

But I will fix that.

VegiHam

We Zeldaing? The best 2D one is Minish Cap; the best 3D one is a tie between Syward Sword, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker and Majora's Mask. OoT is second.

EDIT: No, obvs the BEST is Tom's rings but yeah...

They're beautiful. Congrats!

Are they silver, white gold, palladium, etc.?

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member
We Zeldaing? The best 2D one is Minish Cap; the best 3D one is a tie between Syward Sword, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker and Majora's Mask. OoT is second.

That's a pretty awesome tie, haha. I guess that's to show how great the Zelda franchise really is.

My Zelda list always moves around and is never the same, I just love them all. But I guess right now my favorite 2D one is A Link To The Past and 3D is Majora's Mask, but Skyward Sword is a close second.

I <3 Zelda.

Grizzo

Grizzo, what is your stance on Wind Waker?

I love it. It has such a soothing pace and lovely charm to it. It actually reminds me of the spring of 2003 which was one of my favorite year. I was still in junior high during that time, everything seemed much more simple.

The Wii U version which I played thanks to the Mario Kart 8 offer just gave me the exact same feeling I once had when I first played it. This fact alone is a wonder in and on itself. Just listening to the music playing when you're sailing across the ocean takes me way back.

Of course it's far from being a perfect game, for example I wish there were more islands with secrets to discover, or that the beginning at the fortress wasn't so tedious, but it's still a magical game to me.

What about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom