• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ur fault, this is the One Direction the thread has been moving in

I think he's pretty cute and I have a weakness for hair done up like that even if it's nothing fancy.

Crayons

Banned
So one of my friends just never texts me. He'll respond to texts, but never initiates conversation. It feels very one sided now. Worse is that I accurately predicted this would happen. Oh well. I'll hopefully make some local friends and can just not feel tempted to chat with him.

That shit is the worst. Definitely make some new friends.

So no one showed up for Cards against Humanity. No lewd or crewd with strangers and only one taco. 3 beers (or similar) though.

So one of my friends just never texts me. He'll respond to texts, but never initiates conversation. It feels very one sided now. Worse is that I accurately predicted this would happen. Oh well. I'll hopefully make some local friends and can just not feel tempted to chat with him.

Does he seem genuinely interested when he responds? I think you may need to explain further, because Ive found that just because a person doesn't initiate conversations doesnt necessarily mean they don't want to talk with you.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Everybody's always so eager to cut people outta their lives... Do you have enjoyable or worthwhile conversations with him when you do talk?

I have no trouble admitting that I very rarely initiate text or facebook conversations with my friends, but am happy to talk if and when they get in touch, and will often have a few hours of chit-chat over an actual dinner or something. Some people just don't feel that they have much to talk about and are hesitant to start what they might not feel confident in continuing.

Ty4on

Introversion.

Introversion.

Hmm? He's hanging out with his friends back at home. I know he talks to other people online too. I'm just not one of those people.

Does he seem genuinely interested when he responds? I think you may need to explain further, because Ive found that just because a person doesn't initiate conversations doesnt necessarily mean they don't want to talk with you.

No he doesn't seem interested. In fact sometimes he just drops the conversation midway and won't respond until I text a few days later with some other topic/thought.

Everybody's always so eager to cut people outta their lives... Do you have enjoyable or worthwhile conversations with him when you do talk?

I have no trouble admitting that I very rarely initiate text or facebook conversations with my friends, but am happy to talk if and when they get in touch, and will often have a few hours of chit-chat over an actual dinner or something. Some people just don't feel that they have much to talk about and are hesitant to start what they might not feel confident in continuing.

In real life yes, through text not really. I'm not going to cut him out exactly. But I'm not going to be the one to initiate 100% of the conversations. If he never contacts then why should I bother being the only one to try?

Hmm? He's hanging out with his friends back at home. I know he talks to other people online too. I'm just not one of those people.

No he doesn't seem interested. In fact sometimes he just drops the conversation midway and won't respond until I text a few days later with some other topic/thought.

In real life yes, through text not really. I'm not going to cut him out exactly. But I'm not going to be the one to initiate 100% of the conversations.

Ok thats a little more info. I generally like to attempt with closure so I'd probably be upfront with how I felt and see what he had to say. But if you don't care or want to deal with that, then you could feel more comfortable with just hitting him up less and finding new people to hang with.

I still feel like the preferring to be receptive thing by itself doesn't really mean much, though. Its one thing if you don't want to put up with that, but it definitely doesn't indicate not eanting to be friends, especially if the person has other things going on in life and other reasons to not be able to or really think about initiating contact. It sounds like its more justified by your description though.

Ty4on

Some don't click. Given the way you speak of him I'm guessing you on some level still want to be friends with him.

Some don't click. Given the way you speak of him I'm guessing you on some level still want to be friends with him.

Well yeah, at one point I was in love with the guy. That feeling has faded thankfully (though if we were to hang out IRL again I'm sure it would come back). I'd still want to be friends but I also don't want to be the only one putting in any effort.

fernoca

Story of my life! :p
What's even better is when he ignores your messages because he's not on the phone all the time, yet when he finally agreed to hangout with you...spends most of the time on his phone texting and chatting with others.

I know I tried in my part to "be a good friend", as I've posted before. Yet sucks that he didn't valued that.

As I was told (even in here)...don't make a priority the person that you're just only an option.

I'm glad to have 3 friends which I've known for over 15 years, but one new friend at least that actually cares shouldn't be ...this much of a hazzle. XD

Ty4on

Well yeah, at one point I was in love with the guy. That feeling has faded thankfully (though if we were to hang out IRL again I'm sure it would come back). I'd still want to be friends but I also don't want to be the only one putting in any effort.
Reminds me of my crush who was also slow at replying texts some times. He was the one asking for my phone number though :p
After we had known each other for like three years

I also tended to overanalyze everything he did, still kinda do.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
After relistening to the audio logs on Youtube and buying/looping the soundtrack, I feel compelled to just say that I am grateful that a game like Gone Home exists and happy I got a chance to play it. I hope we can get more stories like this (and others that go beyond the initial angst stage) in video games in the future.

Any volunteers to watch the movie Titanic with me? Can't promise I won't cry...again.

I still need to see this movie at some point...

EDIT:

Best gay snap I've ever seen https://youtu.be/mYkB5f1X-yM

Here's an article this guy wrote after his appearance that talks about gay visibility on television (and regretting not explicitly mentioning his sexuality in some way).

fernoca

I recently watched Come Undone in and Cuatro Lunas (Four Moons) in Netflix , both are really good films.

I highly recommend them.
Yep. Really liked Cuatro Lunas, though the poor kid had it worse. Geeze. XD

Antonio Velazquez, though...
and doing a full frontal too!
:eek:!

hBZmZmS.jpg

Symphonia

Banned
Any reason behind the sore throat? hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink

And it's not morning, it's 12:30am :p
I wish I could say it was because of 'hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink' but, alas, it's just life being a bitch. I'm going to drink plenty of Lemsip and take a ton of paracatemol. Need to be okay for tonights hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
This is going to come across as a "woe is me" kind of post, but I swear, it isn't!

Anyone ever see advertisements for LGBT-themed events or parties and think, "Huh. I don't think I'm pretty enough for that"? I just saw an ad on Facebook that was telling me about an LGBT-focused business conference, and looking at the photo (I believe it was a photo taken at the event last year) and the people in it, that was my first thought. I found that to be an amusingly odd thought since it was a business event of all things, but then I realized I could think of several other LGBT-focused events where I've felt that way. I also can't think of any non-LGBT events where I've felt there was a hotness requirement. Is this just me?

I just found it an intriguing enough reflex response that I thought I'd ask around. Hope everyone is having/has a happy Wednesday (my favorite day)!

DOWN

Banned
This is going to come across as a "woe is me" kind of post, but I swear, it isn't!

Anyone ever see advertisements for LGBT-themed events or parties and think, "Huh. I don't think I'm pretty enough for that"? I just saw an ad on Facebook that was telling me about an LGBT-focused business conference, and looking at the photo (I believe it was a photo taken at the event last year) and the people in it, that was my first thought. I found that to be an amusingly odd thought since it was a business event of all things, but then I realized I could think of several other LGBT-focused events where I've felt that way. I also can't think of any non-LGBT events where I've felt there was a hotness requirement. Is this just me?

I just found it an intriguing enough reflex response that I thought I'd ask around. Hope everyone is having/has a happy Wednesday (my favorite day)!
hot smart people are great. It feels like scoring out of my league if a hot person in class, male or female, talks to me a lot and I'm like the official class hot person's listener. Hot is a pretty great bonus on great people so go try and find some great people and know that if you are great you will charm someone and maybe just enjoy their hotness even if you don't feel hot. Better yet just post your hottest sfw pic here.

fernoca

Yeah, happens all the time. XD
The other day I was looking at some pictures of a LGBT group that travels around, visiting key locations, rivers, etc. along information on how to join them.

I thoughtbit would be nice to go to something like that, yet every guy like a model or something. So whike reading and looking at the pictures, the only thing in my mind was "no way I'll fit in there". :p

Dany

Banned
hot smart people are great. It feels like scoring out of my league if a hot person in class, male or female, talks to me a lot and I'm like the official class hot person's listener. Hot is a pretty great bonus on great people so go try and find some great people and know that if you are great you will charm someone and maybe just enjoy their hotness even if you don't feel hot. Better yet just post your hottest sfw pic here.

I think you and kirbyfan407 are making too much of nothing. I never looked at an event LGBT at school or outside of it to be filled with hot people. Or that was a motivational factor to participate. If you're not attending whatever LGBT-themed work/school/charity event because you're concerned you don't fit it, because you do. You are L,G,B and/or T.

Thats all that matters. :p

Kevyt

Yep. Really liked Cuatro Lunas, though the poor kid had it worse. Geeze. XD

Antonio Velazquez, though...
and doing a full frontal too!
:eek:!

Yeah, he's hot. I like his accent but his character was a jerk!!
He cheated on his husband and he still gets forgiven, and his hubby gives him a massage the next day and a romantic dinner the next? Planning all those nice things for him, after he learned about his affair??
Wtf... I was pulling my hair.... If I knew my significant other was having an affair, I would end the relationship right away. The guy was so obsessed. Also, Hugo said to him "
I don't like effiminate guys, so please don't behave like one" wtf!!!
He's such a jerk.
The guy he was having an affair with is also meh... I'm so glad he got dumped at the end.

Anyways, it was a good film. Yah, poor kid.
Though he gets to learn boxing at the end.
:p

Will watch for the full frontal.

It's only like one shot for three seconds.

Vitanimus

i'm totally the same. when i'm at uni it's very rare I go out of my way to message one of my friends back home; not out of maliciousness or laziness but we're all just pretty busy people so it's understandable. when we all get together it's like we haven't not seen each other in 3 months or whatever

Razmos

I went to a new coffee place today because I went past there on monday and was offered a free sample by a cute bearded guy in an apron.

He wasn't working today I don't think, but the coffee was great so I don't regret it :p

A note to all businesses out there: Advertising with cute guys works

i'm totally the same. when i'm at uni it's very rare I go out of my way to message one of my friends back home; not out of maliciousness or laziness but we're all just pretty busy people so it's understandable. when we all get together it's like we haven't not seen each other in 3 months or whatever

It's almost as if there is a difference between friends who you will see when you go back home and friends who you will never see in real life because they don't live in your home or school state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom