• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Glad to hear from you Kinsei, I hope your thinking is leading somewhere positive. Remember that any of us will be here for you if you need to talk

I'm still here. I've been doing a lot of thinking over the past few days.
Glad to hear that you're OK Kinsei. :)
Don't let other happy people get to you. Everyone's got some sort of issue and you shouldn't let their happy faces get under your skin.
I hope your thinking leads to a good place.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Kinsei, glad you posted. Sending support. <3

Yesss, we need more stuff like this in games.

Marvel Heroes seems pretty good about male fanservice.
(also Wiccan is a gay character)

WICCAN IS PLAYABLE IN MARVEL HEROES? Uggggh. I may have to play that game now. He's one of my favorites... Fake edit: A quick search shows that he's just a playable costume for Scarlet Witch. Still good enough for me! Now just waiting for him to show up in the MCU...

RM8

Good to know. It might not feel like it because of the impersonal nature of a discussion forum, but you were legitimately in my thoughts and I'm rooting for you. I hope things get better as soon as possible :]

I remember watching the anime Wandering Son, pretty amazing story about a boy who wants to become a girl, and a girl who wants to become a boy, and all the complicated sexualities and attitudes that they encounter along the way.
QhCowKj.gif
tumblr_lmwk1iduHj1qdbl2jo1_400.gif

I need to get in on this. Subject matter doesn't hit close home to me, but I've heard great things about the anime. Also, the use of color and highlights all looks so...I dunno, soft and kinda dreamy almost.

Symphonia

Banned
I'm glad you're okay, Kinsei. I read your thread and all I can say is this - please don't ever let other people's happiness get you down. The moment you do, it becomes an uphill struggle that is nigh-on impossible. If you ever need help or support, remember that you have many, many friends here within the LGBTQIA community who will always be willing to offer an ear and a hand.

Stay strong, Kinsei.

It's a terrible situation. But remember that all the bullshit is on him, you did nothing wrong and you are going to come out of this stronger more experienced, give it time, try to distract yourself with something in the meantime, because it can take a while.

My emotions are running the spectrum of anger, sadness, regret, mourning, and guilt. I feel not me anymore.

Nohar

Well, many things happened in this thread. So, with no order in particular:
  • Thank you for mentioning Wandering Son. I discovered and watched the anime, and I kinda liked it.
  • To SpaceBridge: I also met someone who obviously had a Narcisism Personality Disorder years ago, and saw how he manipulated those around him (and he had a mean streak towards people he didn't like, getting a thrill out humiliating them). Try to gather your thoughts and relax, meet your friends, do not stay at home: you have to move forward with your life and heal the damage he caused. Blacklist his number, do everything you can to cut him out of your life, do not let him poison your thoughts any longer. Things will get better.
  • To Kinsei: Thank God you are alright. I was seriously scared when I read about your thread. I don't know you very well, but I can safely say that there are people here who care about you. I guess I just want to say that we are here for you.

So guys, and girls. I've picked up a Wii U last week and has been playing Mario Kart 8, Wii Fit U, and Hyrule Warriors. The thing is, I've missed a generation of Wii. I've ordered little king's story and zack & Wiki as they were relatively cheap. Any other gems in particular that I should try?

Well, many things happened in this thread. So, with no order in particular:
  • Thank you for mentioning Wandering Son. I discovered and watched the anime, and I kinda liked it.
  • To SpaceBridge: I also met someone who obviously had a Narcisism Personality Disorder years ago, and saw how he manipulated those around him (and he had a mean streak towards people he didn't like, getting a thrill out humiliating them). Try to gather your thoughts and relax, meet your friends, do not stay at home: you have to move forward with your life and heal the damage he caused. Blacklist his number, do everything you can to cut him out of your life, do not let him poison your thoughts any longer. Things will get better.
  • To Kinsei: Thank God you are alright. I was seriously scared when I read about your thread. I don't know you very well, but I can safely say that there are people here who care about you. I guess I just want to say that we are here for you.

It's just that I feel so foolish and used. I keep trying to figure out "why me?" My friend told me he never loved me, there was no relationship from the start. I was just a tool or a thing to him, a fantasy. I don't exist to him. To go from endless rejections from so many guys, and then to be targeted and used like this, lied to and cheated on. Made to feel like I was the crazy one. I've lost hope in men. It's so shitty. I loved him and tried to fix something that was never real.

And to realized he used my own self esteem and low confidence against me, leveraged it to defeat my defended. Broke me down. He called me his "beautiful boy" but it was all fake.

Razmos

So guys, and girls. I've picked up a Wii U last week and has been playing Mario Kart 8, Wii Fit U, and Hyrule Warriors. The thing is, I've missed a generation of Wii. I've ordered little king's story and zack & Wiki as they were relatively cheap. Any other gems in particular that I should try?
Super Mario Galaxy and Galaxy 2 are absolute musts, probably the best games on the Wii.

Maybe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword too.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Oh wow. Huh...there are a lot. Definitely agree with Razmos&#8212;Galaxy 1 and 2 are some of my favorites, and I liked Skyward Sword quite a bit. Metroid Prime Trilogy (downloadable to from eShop) or just Metroid Prime 3 for Wii is another standout on the system. Xenoblade is also a game that's fairly universally adored. Those are probably all the "safe bets" I can think of. Any genres you're interested in? Or perhaps, aspects of games you like (world/atmosphere, story, mechanics, "feel," etc.)? There are a lot of games to recommend that I might consider "gems" in specific ways.

Razmos

Oh wow. Huh...there are a lot. Definitely agree with Razmos—Galaxy 1 and 2 are some of my favorites, and I liked Skyward Sword quite a bit. Metroid Prime Trilogy (downloadable to from eShop) or just Metroid Prime 3 for Wii is another standout on the system. Xenoblade is also a game that's fairly universally adored. Those are probably all the "safe bets" I can think of. Any genres you're interested in? Or perhaps, aspects of games you like (world/atmosphere, story, mechanics, "feel," etc.)? There are a lot of games to recommend that I might consider "gems" in specific ways.
Jeez, you need a dealer and connections to get Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii.

Symphonia

Banned
Oh, man, so many great games on Wii. As mentioned, the two Super Mario Galaxy games are a must, as is Skyward Sword. It might be a bit biased as I'm a huge Zelda fan, but I also recommend Twilight Princess. Super Smash Bros Brawl is fun, despite what the majority of people say about it. I would recommend Zack & Wiki, but you already have that covered. Resident Evil 4 is a great under-appreciated gem on Wii, I recommend that too. For now, that's all I can think of. I'll post more if I can think of any. For now, enjoy!

Alrus

Oh, man, so many great games on Wii. As mentioned, the two Super Mario Galaxy games are a must, as is Skyward Sword. It might be a bit biased as I'm a huge Zelda fan, but I also recommend Twilight Princess. Super Smash Bros Brawl is fun, despite what the majority of people say about it. I would recommend Zack & Wiki, but you already have that covered. Resident Evil 4 is a great under-appreciated gem on Wii, I recommend that too. For now, that's all I can think of. I'll post more if I can think of any. For now, enjoy!

I wouldn't call a game that sold 2 million copies on the Wii alone (and is considered one of the best game ever made) an underappreciated gem heh.

Otherwise I wholly recommend the Galaxy games, they're my favorite 3D platformers ever. I really really hope Nintendo is not done with those (I don't find the 3D platforming of 3DLand/World that great :/ )

Symphonia

Banned
I wouldn't call a game that sold 2 million copies on the Wii alone (and is considered one of the best game ever made) an underappreciated gem heh.
Maybe I'm thinking of a different platform then. All I remember is ne and my ex spending the weekend together playing through the game, then saving up for the infinite rocket launcher. One of the pros of having a girlfriend who loves games just as much as you. Man, I miss her.

People have already mentioned some great titles, but just to keep mentioning them...

Xenoblade Chronicles - best JRPG last gen, and my game of the generation. Awesome game.
Zelda: Twilight Princess - unless you played the Gamecube version
Zelda: Skyward Sword - haters be damned, I enjoyed this game. Requires MotionPlus, though.
Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 - amazing games, shouldn't have to say much more than that.
The Last Story - a fun JRPG. Not perfect by any means, but I had a good time with it. Good characters and the story, while very cliche, gave me FFVII and IX vibes.

Thanks for the replies!! I actually wanted to buy Vita at first, but then decided against it.

Anyway, I'm pretty open to suggestions. I've bought a Wii U because the library is vastly different to PC's and PS4's, and also Wii Fit U. Please don't judge me.....

My favorite genre is RPG, especially JRPG, naturally I'm most interested in Xenoblade, But damn it is expensive. A used one costs at least €60!! I've never spent so much for a game, aside from the collector's editions. I'm from Germany btw.

I'll also definitely pick up Zelda, maybe a bit later as I've just finished Ocarina of Time 3D.
Both Mario Galaxy games are also on my list.

How does RE4 play differently to the other versions? I've played it on PC before, hated the tank control like the previous games.

Anyone here has played Wario Land: The Shake Dimension ? Saw a review on youtube and seems pretty interesting. What about Last Story?

Son Of D

Thanks for the replies!! I actually wanted to buy Vita at first, but then decided against it.

Anyway, I'm pretty open to suggestions. I've bought a Wii U because the library is vastly different to PC's and PS4's, and also Wii Fit U. Please don't judge me.....

My favorite genre is RPG, especially JRPG, naturally I'm most interested in Xenoblade, But damn it is expensive. A used one costs at least €60!! I've never spent so much for a game, aside from the collector's editions. I'm from Germany btw.

I'll also definitely pick up Zelda, maybe a bit later as I've just finished Ocarina of Time 3D.
Both Mario Galaxy games are also on my list.

How does RE4 play differently to the other versions? I've played it on PC before, hated the tank control like the previous games.

Anyone here has played Wario Land: The Shake Dimension ? Saw a review on youtube and seems pretty interesting. What about Last Story?

If you have a New 3DS get Xenoblade on that, much cheaper. RE4 on Wii is considered the easiest since there's IR aiming which can break the game for some. No idea if it has classic controller support though. Be wary that there are motion controls for the QTEs so if that's not your cup of tea I'd stay away.

As for Wario Land, can't say I've played it myself but a friend of mine loves it. Although he's like Wario's biggest fan so there could be some bias there. :p

ivysaur12

Banned
Someone explain to me the appeal of those very small black fake gauge studs that seem to have become increasingly popular with gay guys in the last year or so:

Like these things:

d83835d782be0ca07bd5cf11e19bb134.jpg

I see them all the time. I don't get it. What am I missing.

So I tried the Meetup app today. It's kinda cool actually. Went to this bar trivia thingy which was really fun. Got to meet some people. Definitely will try to go to more stuff on this app.

Kevyt

I won't judge you but PC is better.

Join the master race!

Someone explain to me the appeal of those very small black fake gauge studs that seem to have become increasingly popular with gay guys in the last year or so:

Like these things:

The guy, the beanie or the earrings? He looks good.

I like dark haired guys.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Huh? Those are fake?

Probably for the best when they remove them. Fuck gauges. They always look awful.

The guy, the beanie or the earrings? He looks good.

I like dark haired guys.

He looks fine, but the gauge is just stupid as hell.

It's just that I feel so foolish and used. I keep trying to figure out "why me?" My friend told me he never loved me, there was no relationship from the start. I was just a tool or a thing to him, a fantasy. I don't exist to him. To go from endless rejections from so many guys, and then to be targeted and used like this, lied to and cheated on. Made to feel like I was the crazy one. I've lost hope in men. It's so shitty. I loved him and tried to fix something that was never real.

And to realized he used my own self esteem and low confidence against me, leveraged it to defeat my defended. Broke me down. He called me his "beautiful boy" but it was all fake.

:| Forget him, man. I'll say it again: You're a hot guy. Anyone that says no to you isn't worth the time. The dude that said yes to you and used/abused you? He's an asshole, forget him and move to the next dude. I know you feel bad, but people are awful and there is nothing you can really do about it except find another person that WON'T be awful to you. You have to get back on the horse, man.

Like these things:

Yes they're ugly but then I don't like any earrings on men.

Board games at a game parlor in Ohio. And then possibly a DnD game.

Still trying to make that happen? I thought you couldn't find a group you liked?

I was about to reply to this when you edited it. You can talk to us here in LettersGAF. As long as the psychiatrist you go to is not a quack, he can't divulge any info about you without your consent so long as you don't plan to harm yourself or others.

VegiHam

There's a waiting room? Is it like at the dentists office? Wonder what kind of music plays.

It's a radio station that plays Gaga, Beyonce, and talk discussions of whether doing so is emblematic of our shared culture or a cartoonish misrepresentation ;P

In all seriousness welcome new friend! And yay for K being OK! And sorry SB that life sucks.

Symphonia

Banned
All this talk of games (Games? In LGBT!?) got me curious, so I checked out my backlog on PS4 and, oh my, it's quite the lengthy backlog, and I have no idea where to start. Here's the games I remember off the top of my head:

Battlefield Hardline
DmC: Devil May Cry
Ether One
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
Tower of Guns
GTA V
Resident Evil HD
Infamous: First Light
Slender
Unfinished Swan
Hohokum
Dying Light
Game of Thrones
Life is Strange
Trials Fusion
Driveclub
Aaru's Awakening
Alien Isolation
Blacklight: Retribution
Bloodborne
Don't Starve
Far Cry 4
Guacamelee!
Home
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Never Alone
Outlast
Race The Sun
Surgeon Simulator
Walking Dead Season 1
Valiant Hearts
Watch_Dogs

Welp.

All this talk of games (Games? In LGBT!?) got me curious, so I checked out my backlog on PS4 and, oh my, it's quite the lengthy backlog, and I have no idea where to start. Here's the games I remember off the top of my head:
Three in May - Wild Backlog Hunt: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1038973

Bloodborne and Resident Evil HD would be two good ones to start off with. An episode of Life is Strange could be finished in a night or more slowly over two.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think they can be quite nice, actually. I've even seen some I've liked that I never thought I'd be into since they were quite large, bu the guy was too adorable for them to be a blight.

Huge holes in your ears is unsexy, sorry to say. Nothing will ever fix that for me.

bigkrev

I think they can be quite nice, actually. I've even seen some I've liked that I never thought I'd be into since they were quite large, bu the guy was too adorable for them to be a blight.

I legit get goosebumps when I see people with Gauges in public. Makes me super uncomfortable that someone would choose to do that to themselves

Cock piercings are even worse.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom