• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
god i hate hearing about game of thrones
i couldn't stomach watching it, not that it's bad or anything but I think it's nasty and seems like the writers do shock for the sake of shock.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
god i hate hearing about game of thrones
i couldn't stomach watching it, not that it's bad or anything but I think it's nasty and seems like the writers do shock for the sake of shock.

i hate how ubiquitous the discussion is. and like, everyone just assumes that everyone else is watching (which I am, but still) that they dont even bother to spoiler tag the big moments.

Oh?

But you told us one time that selling our nudes was a way to make money. :p

GeMaOTF.gif

Grindr is really garbage

literally a meat market that reduces people to their genitals

most hook up apps are like that tho

it would probably be the same irl if there was a thing like that irl

Did he send nude first? Or a random guy just being an asshole?

idk lets ask him when he comes back

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
never send nudes to randoms

I never saw the appeal of sending/receiving nudes, but maybe I'm just weird and/or still evolving.

Also, Ratsky, I can't remember where I was or what I was doing, but I saw a picture of Clara Bow and recognized her all because of your avatar. I thought of you. :)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Since conservation seems to have settled on "hookup apps suck," anyone have suggestions for online dating sites or other ways of meeting people? Especially for someone who doesn't drink and would likely want to take it a bit slower than your average guy. My IRL LGBT friends seem to be useless on this subject.

My one straight friend was telling me how he got upset when his dudebro friends made a joke account with his pic on Grindr. He was super paranoid and upset thinking people were gonna think he's gay. But then he got upset when he realized his fake account with his pic wasn't getting any inquiries or responses. It was tragically funny.

Since conservation seems to have settled on "hookup apps suck," anyone have suggestions for online dating sites or other ways of meeting people? Especially for someone who doesn't drink and would likely want to take it a bit slower than your average guy. My IRL LGBT friends seem to be useless on this subject.
Seconded.

DAGGR (dating site for gaymers) seemed to have some promise, but the site and its aggressive e-mail spam are a mess.

I just want to meet some friends whose first expectation of me isn't a blurry dick pic. Is that too much to ask :p

scarlet

Online dating sucks tho, everyone judge you by your pictures. And sometimes pictures don't do justice. While IRL IMO nice personality is better than being good looking.

Go to the gay bar. Even if you're not drinking. Just be there, make a conversation with strangers. At least you'll make a friend
with benefits

And speaking of nude pics. I've only ever send a partial nude one (my ass), cuz he wanted to jerk off. But I don't mind receiving it from anyone.

Edit: I've no problem with nudity. But sending nude pics to strangers makes me uncomfortable, I have trust issues and kinda afraid they'll use it for blackmail. But in IRL I feel comfortable being naked around anyone.

VegiHam

Honey, you misspelled Garrus.

Though Kaidan was my second choice
Garrus hooked up with Tali though and that's too adorable to break up.

Also, I disagree on this 'Grindr is evil' stuff. Just talk to different guys? If you just log in and wait, then yeah, the messages you get will be from the desperate and horny. go on the conversation starting offensive, there are normal dudes on there if you put in the time.

...though I guess the fact you have to is sad.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I know and it's awful.
I just want to meet people irl and not over shitty hook up apps but it's just way harder for gays that way

ikr

church

I'm surprised you ain't seen my nude. Most of GAF have. Damn catfish.

pm

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Online dating sucks tho, everyone judge you by your pictures. And sometimes pictures don't do justice. While IRL IMO nice personality is better than being good looking.

Go to the gay bar. Even if you're not drinking. Just be there, make a conversation with strangers. At least you'll make a friend
with benefits

And speaking of nude pics. I've only ever send a partial nude one (my ass), cuz he wanted to jerk off. But I don't mind receiving it from anyone.

Edit: I've no problem with nudity. But sending nude pics to strangers makes me uncomfortable, I have trust issues and kinda afraid they'll use it for blackmail. But in IRL I feel comfortable being naked around anyone.

I guess bars are a good option. I'd probably feel awkward just hanging around, sipping on my glass of water, but when the time comes, I'll try to give it a shot. Finding some friends and going with them seems like a good way of doing it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Praise be to God.

ForeverAlone.gif

Nohar

... No, I won't ask for nude pictures. Stop tempting me you platypus!

You should call him, ask him what is wrong and defuse this whole situation before it definitly gets too ankward. If he is smart he will realize he acted stupidly and will apologize for being a douche. If he can't deal with your sexuality (despite the fact that you did not put the move on him), then he is a moron who needs to grow up, and you are probably better off without him.

I would recommend OKCupid if you're more relationship based. Also you could try using meetup.com to find LGBT groups.

Hookup apps / dating sites only suck if you have unrealistic expectations. It would be best to keep to things in mind:

1) It probably won't be quick. It might some time before you meet someone who you connect with.

2) You will encounter people who are weird or rude. The same as in real life. Just ignore them and move on.

scarlet

There's nothing!

Most of GAF but not me? Booo

Also the worst part of Grindr is when you finally do find someone good and connect with them, and then they just stop talking to you :p

Serious question to the single and using gay apps.

Do you really want to date someone from gay apps? Like a serious exclusive relationship?

I dated someone from scruff, a serious one. Apparently he's a cheater and liar. Talk to some more, and had sex with them, and apparently they're dating/engaged with someone. It makes me realized that those apps are just for casual sex, not for friendship
unless with benefits
let alone an exclusive relationship.

Razmos

I had 2 good boyfriends from dating apps that lasted a good number of months.

I think the problem with dating apps is that there is always a large selection of guys and nobody wants to settle because there is always someone hotter.

VegiHam

Serious question to the single and using gay apps.

Do you really want to date someone from gay apps? Like a serious exclusive relationship?

I dated someone from scruff, a serious one. Apparently he's a cheater and liar. Talk to some more, and had sex with them, and apparently they're dating/engaged with someone. It makes me realized that those apps are just for casual sex, not for friendship
unless with benefits
let alone an exclusive relationship.

Hi, Grindr success story here! I met a guy on the app because he asked what I'd been up to and I told him and we talked about it. Agreed to meet for drinks, had a couple of dates, had sex, continued dating. It's probably not going anywhere but that's because of the distance rather than being Grindrs fault.

I mean, it's a tool.You can use it effectively; or decide it's not for you; but I'm not going to rule out dating someone because 'well I met him ON AN APP so he's clearly obviously a bad man.' That's just be silly.

scarlet

I had 2 good boyfriends from dating apps that lasted a good number of months.

I think the problem with dating apps is that there is always a large selection of guys and nobody wants to settle because there is always someone hotter.

Good point

Hi, Grindr success story here! I met a guy on the app because he asked what I'd been up to and I told him and we talked about it. Agreed to meet for drinks, had a couple of dates, had sex, continued dating. It's probably not going anywhere but that's because of the distance rather than being Grindrs fault.

I mean, it's a tool.You can use it effectively; or decide it's not for you; but I'm not going to rule out dating someone because 'well I met him ON AN APP so he's clearly obviously a bad man.' That's just be silly.

I didn't say that.

VegiHam

Undateable /= bad man

I was being hyperbolic for emphasis, I often do.

And I straight up asked 'why wouldn't I date them?'
'Because they're undatable' isn't an answer; it's tautological.

And 'people have had bad experiences' goes for every kind of dating. But if men met through gay bars are undateable, and men met through friends, then we quickly run out of men.

I need to watch Rock N Rolla. Tom Hardy, Gerard Butler and Idris Elba. What makes it even better is that Tom Hardy is gay and has a crush on Gerard Butler. Why didn't I know about this movie.

tumblr_mkdl14wypc1rly5fq0m.gif

(this is a short after credits scene sadly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom