• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantidor

I hate when you see someone you really like in public transport, you suddenly exchange looks, you know he has some interest and then you're too much of a coward to do anything about it.

Yes it happened this morning on commute.

6 months. Things started to get weird before I had to go away for appendicitis surgery 2 weeks ago. He seemed......pensive when I told him about it. But then I came back and we talked normally for one day before he suddenly disappeared and this weird shit happened.

It's been a week though and if I hadn't contacted him, he probably wouldn't have contacted me either. I really have lost all hope that I'll ever get him back as a friend.

The thing is, I just want a good friend. But now I can't even have that. :(
I feel like a part of me dies every time I lose a friend because of my sexuality. I care a lot about him as a friend and I believed that he does too so why does this shit has to happen? :/

Really sorry to hear about this happening to you. :( It could just be he's going through some stuff on his own and it has nothing to do with you. Of course, it could be the opposite and he freaked out over the fact that you were gay (which is really silly). Maybe he'll come around and act normal again, but if not, it's not YOUR fault. His all on him and his insecurities.

KmA

A new Youtuber has confirmed his club membership. Joey Graceffa came out in this music video for his song, which sounds decidedly like Youtube pop, if that's a genre. I found the video/song to be meh-ok with some cute and sad highlights. On a different note, I thought the kiss at the end (the part begins around 3:07) was surprisingly attractive. He posted a more direct "coming out" video after that. He's one of the bigger Youtube personalities, so I thought it was worth sharing, even if it was speculated for years.

EDIT: Heh...I forgot that he has a gaming channel, too. Small chance he's a GAF lurker?
If so, hi Joey! Congrats!

That video was surprisingly cute and creative. The song is meh but good on Joey. However, he is friends with Shane Dawson which is unfortunate.

scarlet

Hi GayGAF, I can please vent?

So my friend just had a gay panic. I haven't seen him in weeks and when I called him up to see if he's okay, he hang up on me and then made a vague reference about how he's been busy at work.

And today he promised to meet up but then he just didn't come and didn't even bother to tell me about it. When I asked him about why he didn't even tell me he couldn't make it, he said that he didn't know what I expected of him but he can't provide it.

WHAT THE FUCK?!
WHAT THE FUCK?!
WHAT THE FUCK?!

I swear on my grandpa's grave that never have I once made a move on him. In fact, he's the one who occasionally made a "suck my dick" and "fuck me" comment out of context, which weirded me out so I usually just didn't say anything in response when he said that.

But now this. WTF?! He's the one who's been avoiding me. He's the one who hang up on me when I tried to call him up ONCE. What kind of shit is that? Why would you hang up on someone who's checking up on you to see if you're okay? I just want my friend back not this awkward shit but now I'm not even sure if I want to deal with his gay panic issues. It's really shitty though because it's hard to find friends and except for this sudden chain of events, he's usually cool about gay people.

Just give him some time and space maybe?
Who knows if he's having a rough time and don't want to talk about it.
You can't force him to talk nor force him to be your friend. It has to be mutual. Just take a break.

daripad

I'm glad that my friends accepted my sexuality (except for one, though he has shown me his support lately). They're the ones you need when your parents don't accept it at all.

I hope your friend contacts you again Replicant, but if he doesn't and you want to keep that friendship, just try to talk to him and tell him that you only need a friend out of him, nothing more. If he doesn't understand that, then you doded a bullet there, it could mean that he's not a good friend at all.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
That video was surprisingly cute and creative. The song is meh but good on Joey. However, he is friends with Shane Dawson which is unfortunate.

What's wrong with Shane Dawson? Alrus also mentioned him. I've only ever seen a video or two of his.

I thought the video was pretty well done minus the acting in a few parts.

Razmos

I've made lingering eye contact with quite a few hot guys on holiday. Of course nothing actually happened or anything, but it's damn good to feel desirable for a change.

also I found a "video" on my computer that me and my ex made. That was interesting to see

Dany

Banned
I've made lingering eye contact with quite a few hot guys on holiday. Of course nothing actually happened or anything, but it's damn good to feel desirable for a change.

also I found a "video" on my computer that me and my ex made. That was interesting to see

Upload to xtube.

Caladrius

I meant to respond to these posts yesterday but GAF being a poop prevented me from doing so

Your criticism is valid though. Any refutation for your claim would be silly, since you would be addressing the person and not the claim, a fallacy - ad hominem.

You're spot on, it doesn't matter if your addicted to a mobile card game. Though we may question your credibility. :p

I don't even believe myself sometimes tho. :V

The issue though is lumping them all up in a group. The two legal recreational drugs we're all familiar with, alcohol and nicotine (tobacco specifically) have completely different dangers with the former having a relatively small delta between active dose and overdose while the latter is almost impossible to OD on, but very harmful in the long run and incredibly addictive.

They have big advantages though with alcohol breaking social barriers all over the world and despite being very dangerous opiums are also some of the best pain relievers known and used in hospitals.

Health wise being happy certainly has health benefits of its own.

I'm not advocating any specific drug use (certainly not meth or heroin), but a more nuanced look than all illegal drugs being bad (and weed, e and alcohol being perfectly safe if you use them right on the other hand). Like Ebeneezer they must never be abused
Top of the charts during drug awareness week :p

I suppose that's fair. A lot of my negativity on the subject is from personal experience, so I am a bit biased. (about half a dozen of my extended family are particularly vicious abusers and my mother is hopelessly dependent on prescription medications). I have met a couple of people that seem to be able to use them judiciously, but I feel pessimistic that most people can. That could just be me being a cynical ass, though.

I swear on my grandpa's grave that never have I once made a move on him. In fact, he's the one who occasionally made a "suck my dick" and "fuck me" comment out of context, which weirded me out so I usually just didn't say anything in response when he said that.

But now this. WTF?! He's the one who's been avoiding me. He's the one who hang up on me when I tried to call him up ONCE. What kind of shit is that? Why would you hang up on someone who's checking up on you to see if you're okay? I just want my friend back not this awkward shit but now I'm not even sure if I want to deal with his gay panic issues. It's really shitty though because it's hard to find friends and except for this sudden chain of events, he's usually cool about gay people.

Man, talk about paranoid and arrogant.
This is probably one of those Bogardusan deals where they're fine with a group up until they're personally implicated with the outsider group in question.

DOWN

Banned
You like vidya games that's why.

You have a really good taste in games, you're extremely handsome, and you're very cute.

You're sooo perfect!! :3
You're always saying something nice, HH, so thank you. I'm far from perfect ;O

20090922-mariah-carey-album-cover-023.jpg

Went out with a gf to get my mind off stuff: a pitcher of sangria later I felt a smile.
Looking good so stick with the smile

oh no

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
You're always saying something nice, HH, so thank you. I'm far from perfect ;O

20090922-mariah-carey-album-cover-023.jpg

It's possible that that was her natural figure, but those photos on the album scream Photoshop to me. Which is ironic, given the title. Maybe I'm just being cynical though. Also, did they specifically choose lighting such that she would always have a pronounced boob shadow? Such an intriguing album cover.

VegiHam

So I'm finally playing Mass Effect three and holy shit, Kaiden Alenko is videogaming's best boyfriend.
If you exclude Visual Novels, obviously.

Captcha

*Sigh, proceeds to delete Grindr*

I was talking about shit like this on a previous page. Just from talking to people I know it doesn't seem like this kind of off the rails shit is that uncommon. How did these apps even get this popular? Is it specifically designed for 10/10 white dudes or what exactly? Maybe I'm just jaded. I'm sorry you even had to deal with that.

alvmew

I was talking about shit like this on a previous page. Just from talking to people I know it doesn't seem like this kind of off the rails shit is that uncommon. How did these apps even get this popular? Is it specifically designed for 10/10 white dudes or what exactly? Maybe I'm just jaded. I'm sorry you even had to deal with that.

In my experience, it seems like the bolded is correct. (And if I recall, we are in the same city, so its definitely a Vegas thing but I could see it extend just about everywhere else.)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
1) White dudes are very horny, though not particularly more horny than other demographics
2) White dudes are the most in demand demographic in the dating/casual hook up scene, whether gay or straight
3) Guys don't have the kind of socially ingrained filter for raunchiness and crassness girls do, so while Tindr is mostly white guys thirsting over white girls, Grindr is just white guys thirsting over more thirsty white guys
4) As you can imagine, that gets out of hand pretty quickly

KmA

What's funny is that I live in a rather diverse area. Like 25% of the population is Asian so he's probably hard pressed sending nasty messages to a 1/4 of Grindr lmao.

berzeli

Banned
What's funny is that I live in a rather diverse area. Like 25% of the population is Asian so he's probably hard pressed sending nasty messages to a 1/4 of Grindr lmao.

Never underestimate the tenacity of racists.

But yeah grindr is an awful place at times. It doesn't help that they can't code an android version for shit. Or well it does help if you want to delete the thing.

Caladrius

Saw Trig-Kun today on the way to my Sociology final. Haven't seen him since last week due to....things that happened last Tuesday. I wanted to talk to him, but had second thoughts and just took a different route to my final.

Kinda regretting it now, honestly.
Well, I can try and tap him on Facebook, at least.

So I'm finally playing Mass Effect three and holy shit, Kaiden Alenko is videogaming's best boyfriend.
If you exclude Visual Novels, obviously.

Honey, you misspelled Garrus.

Though Kaidan was my second choice

Tinder-story time!

So, a while back I got matched with this dude. He looked super cute. And his profile said things like "recently moved from UK. Obsessed with Star Wars and Darth Vader. Super into woodworking, making boats, and just general nautical stuff. Here's my cell, if interested text me a pic and the message 'ahoy mate'."

I figure it's slow as all hell at work. I'm so gonna have fun with this. So I sent him the following pic:

(Sorry 'bout the obnoxious watermarks, I'm pulling this directly off my blog cause it's just easier than uploading off my phone again...)

LINK

Adorable right? How's he gonna say no to such awesomeness? Well, I get a text from him saying he's "actually straight" and that his friend "set up the fake profile as a prank" on him. I tell him no harm, no foul and figure that's the end of it. Only he later messages me with his prankster friend's cell phone number and tells me to "get at her."

Without any introduction or warning, I sent her this:

(Blocked out her name for privacy.)

LINK. Maybe NSFW.

Like 45 minutes later I get a text from her: "What. The. Fuck."

Dating can be weird but satisfying.

Being on Tumblr while listening to music is strangely relaxing. It keeps my mind off of a lot of stuff.

It's like the ultimate never-ending rabbit hole. I hate doing it on Chrome though. It's gif-Mecca and totally WRECKS the browser. I still can't believe they haven't fixed this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom