• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

I need to watch Rock N Rolla. Tom Hardy, Gerard Butler and Idris Elba. What makes it even better is that Tom Hardy is gay and has a crush on Gerard Butler. Why didn't I know about this movie.

tumblr_mkdl14wypc1rly5fq0m.gif

(this is a short after credits scene sadly)

Spoiler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFdmiX4w1lI

red13th

I need to watch Rock N Rolla. Tom Hardy, Gerard Butler and Idris Elba. What makes it even better is that Tom Hardy is gay and has a crush on Gerard Butler. Why didn't I know about this movie.

tumblr_mkdl14wypc1rly5fq0m.gif

(this is a short after credits scene sadly)

I never watched this movie but I might have to now, Tom Hardy <3

Kevyt

I was being hyperbolic for emphasis, I often do.

And I straight up asked 'why wouldn't I date them?'
'Because they're undatable' isn't an answer; it's tautological.

And 'people have had bad experiences' goes for every kind of dating. But if men met through gay bars are undateable, and men met through friends, then we quickly run out of men.

So the song "it's raining men" isn't true... o:

Didn't say you did. But if that's not what you meant, I'm struggling to see what you mean? Why would I not date someone I'd met off an app. They're only as likely to be jerks as real life dudes.

Because it's an app designed for casual sex, not a dating site. The user base is thus more likely to be filled with people who don't want to be tied down in a monogamous relationship. If I were straight I wouldn't search for a girlfriend in the red light district. You don't find marriage material in every place.

Does it apply in every case? Of course not.

VegiHam

So the song "it's raining men" isn't true... o:
Absolutely not. If it actually rained men that'd be painful.
Because it's an app designed for casual sex, not a dating site. The user base is thus more likely to be filled with people who don't want to be tied down in a monogamous relationship. If I were straight I wouldn't search for a girlfriend in the red light district. You don't find marriage material in every place.

Does it apply in every case? Of course not.

Hmm, okay. If the question was 'would you use Grindr to find dates' then no, that's not an effective way to approach that task. But I don't see any reason to say no if that's offered.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Came across this story today via Facebook trends. Tl;DR: "Homophobic" priest was outed via Grindr profile (I think the article shows him to be more transphobic than homophobic). The article has the following sentence: "Of course, how someone behaves between the sheets is really nobody’s business but his own, except when he’s actively doing damage to others."

How do you feel about that quote? Is it correct? Are there rules for when someone can or should be outed?

Also, anybody else constantly click on that LEGO thread? It's pretty fun in there too tbh.

I see it and almost click nearly every time. That capital L and G...

Razmos

Came across this story today via Facebook trends. Tl;DR: "Homophobic" priest was outed via Grindr profile (I think the article shows him to be more transphobic than homophobic). The article has the following sentence: "Of course, how someone behaves between the sheets is really nobody’s business but his own, except when he’s actively doing damage to others."

How do you feel about that quote? Is it correct? Are there rules for when someone can or should be outed?
Absolutely, I remember that thread about a politican who campaigned against gay rights getting outed, and people were saying how the people saying he deserved it were just as bad as homophobes, and that's total bull. Guys like that sit atop their ivory towers thinking themselves better than gay people like them who they actively try and fuck around.

They deserve nothing, especially protection from criticism.

Sai-kun

Banned
I don't think anybody should be outed, but I sure as fuck don't have a single shred of sympathy for someone campaigning against us and turning out to be one of us.

DOWN

Banned

http://abload.de/img/tumblr_mkdl14wypc1rly5fq0m.gif[/ig]

(this is a short after credits scene sadly)[/QUOTE]

I love the movie. I'm a fan of Guy Ritchie's antics plots and I really enjoyed the cast of RocknRolla (I like his original films a bit more than the Sherlock adaptations). There's an extended take of that scene that's pretty funny, but I'd say it's best to watch the movie first:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Jw9Gf09X0[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom