• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could go a bit smaller.

giphy.gif

Perfect, tbqh. Trying to go for this build currently.

Alrus

what cards

1. Debit Card (I guess that's what they're called in america?)
2. Credit Card
3. ID card
4. Health insurance card

Then I also a bus subscription card since I have to take the bus to university (no driver licence and finding parking space at my university hospital is a nightmare anyway), and the uni student card but it's pretty much useless besides getting some special student menus in various fast food joints.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
debit cards, insurance card, my ID, student ID, business cards. etc.

two ids? business cards??

I love how Oliver actually kills people, I'm kinda tired of the I vow to never kill anyone shit.

lulz

Yeah, for me it's...multiple credit cards, state ID, student ID, transit card, insurance card, and business cards as we..

ID card, Debit card, Goggle Wallet card

1. Debit Card (I guess that's what they're called in america?)
2. Credit Card
3. ID card
4. Health insurance card

Then I also a bus subscription card since I have to take the bus to university (no driver licence and finding parking space at my university hospital is a nightmare anyway), and the uni student card but it's pretty much useless besides getting some special student menus in various fast food joints.

i see

So it looks like my talk with my friend probably won't happen tonight. He had family come into town unexpectedly so he's been spending the day with them. Unfortunately, that means this may have to wait until Thursday or later. Not what I was hoping for at all, but it can't really be helped.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
If we're talking about body types, so far all three of those have been ok with me (even though I'm not a fan of Grant Gustin).

I've now watched that Panti TEDx talk twice and shared it three friends. For some reason, a small feeling of wanting to send that video to my mom has started to build. I don't know what would be accomplished by sending her the video, and I don't really understand this desire. I'll have to figure this out and decide if I actually want to do that. I also have to figure out why I'm treating this like a big deal.

If we're talking about body types, so far all three of those have been ok with me (even though I'm not a fan of Grant Gustin).

I've now watched that Panti TEDx talk twice and shared it three friends. For some reason, a small feeling of wanting to send that video to my mom has started to build. I don't know what would be accomplished by sending her the video, and I don't really understand this desire. I'll have to figure this out and decide if I actually want to do that. I also have to figure out why I'm treating this like a big deal.
I'm assuming that your mom disapproves of your queerness on some level?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm assuming that your mom disapproves of your queerness on some level?

EDIT: I said way too much; sorry for anyone who read that. Basically, I don't think she disapproves. We just don't talk about it.

Okay, so it looks like the friend has time to hang out after all. I guess this is still going to happen tonight, so wish me luck everyone.

I hope this goes as well as it possibly can.

Kevyt

Matarile al maricon!!!... is it that one? :p

Yes... that's the one. How did you know?

I hate that stupid song.

But I'm wondering what the translation in English of "Materile" would be? To gang up/beat up/kill? I dunno... something like that I guess.

Paging RM8 and Kaiser_Glider.

So yeah that's the one. My mom's friends sing to it for some ducking stupid reason as if it was a joke or something.

What hips?

It's my line, I just thought it was funny. Heh.

Okay, so it looks like the friend has time to hang out after all. I guess this is still going to happen tonight, so wish me luck everyone.

Best of luck! Like I said, that's a very bold thing to do. I hope it goes as you expect it.

Hai guise, whats going on in this thread?

x8kAIBX.jpg

Hello Escape Goat. How goes it?

EDIT: I said way too much; sorry for anyone who read that. Basically, I don't think she disapproves. We just don't talk about it.

I hope this goes as well as it possibly can.

It depends. What is your mom's stance on LGBTQIA+ issues/topics? Has she said anything that might be a clue in where she stands?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
It's my line, I just thought it was funny. Heh.

I enjoyed it.

It depends. What is your mom's stance on LGBTQIA+ issues/topics? Has she said anything that might be a clue in where she stands?

The very few times anything related to this subject has come up, it's been positive. Awkward, but positive. EDIT: Since it's probably not clear, I am out to my parents. Came out to both almost four years ago. We just don't talk about stuff like that.

If you ever need a handbag:

I don't have any particular affinity for McDonald's or need for a bag, but that Happy Meal bag is killer.

pixelation

Yes... that's the one. How did you know?

I hate that stupid song.

But I'm wondering what the translation in English of "Materile" would be? To gang up/beat up/kill? I dunno... something like that I guess.

I was there cousin!!!... Nah, seriously?... it's the first one that came to mind by a band called "Molotov", and i've no clue as to how better translate "matarile" but your options are the closest ones i think...

And that song doesn't bother me, if anything i find it funny... even if its wrong. Maybe it's the catchiness of it...

DON"T KILL ME HOBO!!!

Edit: Killerily to the fag?... lol!, i'm terrible at this.

I just saw these compression shorts and thought the color scheme looked Spider Man-like i looked at tehe link and it totally was. So if you are looking for overpriced underwear for your workout or just needing a superhero costume, UnderArmor has you covered (pun intended).

X25tvwH.jpg

WD7KK2g.jpg

G3thhdO.jpg

q7K9xUf.jpg

HcQl2x1.jpg

DByYVzv.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That Ironman one looks soooooooooooo bad.

The Spiderman and Superman one at least looks decent.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw these compression shorts and thought the color scheme looked Spider Man-like i looked at tehe link and it totally was. So if you are looking for overpriced underwear for your workout or just needing a superhero costume, UnderArmor has you covered (pun intended).

Not to be too harsh or anything, but that Iron Man UnderArmor looks pretty dumb to me. I think the Superman and Spider-Man are more appealing (Superman the most, since it's more classic/simpler) because they're not trying to imitate metal.

EDIT: Looks like I agree with TheSeks.

DOWN

Banned

HcQl2x1.jpg

DByYVzv.jpg

That model can compress me any time tho (preferably before workout and in the Superman shirt since that Iron Man one is the fugliest shirt I can recall seeing)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I don't recall seeing much talk of the Irish Yes vote happening in here (perhaps there was a separate thread on NeoGAF), but I thought that the good news was worth a post. Buzzfeed collected some nice photos in this article. There are lots of cute photos in there. Here's one of my favorites:

pixelation

X25tvwH.jpg

WD7KK2g.jpg

G3thhdO.jpg

I'd go for the Spidey ones... but the pants ruin it for me (that red part at the bottom looks hideous).

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Rant: I had not see an example of intentionally homophobic language (and not just people using "gay" or "f**" as general insults) on my Facebook newsfeed in a looong time. I'd almost forgotten that the people I went to high school with haven't necessarily changed.

Two pet peeves:

1) Putting quotes around "marriage" when talking about same-sex marriage but then not putting them around "marriage" when talking about Biblical marriage, which is an actual book people are referencing and quoting.

2) Not realizing the humanity involved in picking and choosing from the Bible. To live in today's world and follow a religious text written thousands of years ago (though obviously translated and revised much more recently) requires picking and choosing, and I get that. However, to not then recognize that the things you've chosen to follow and to ignore are a result of subjective choice is frustrating.

Ok, to make things better, I'm going to post a nice happy image.

*goes to Google* "Happy Gay People" First result: "Why Homosexual Love Stories Don't Have Happy Endings."

I hate this planet.

Well, here's an image. It's from the Buzzfeed article celebrating "marriage."

No idea. I want it to be simple and Zelda-related.

If you like TWW (avatar judging), I think Jabun's Cave sounds quite peaceful. I'm not sure if you're down for that kind of tone though. Some key names/words from that game that come to mind: Valoo, Tetra, Aryll, Cyclos, Medli, Makar, Rito, Korok, Helmaroc, Orca, Beedle, Zunari, Daphnes Nohansen, and all of the island names. Hopefully some of those words will give you an idea.

Symphonia

Banned
If you like TWW (avatar judging), I think Jabun's Cave sounds quite peaceful. I'm not sure if you're down for that kind of tone though. Some key names/words from that game that come to mind: Valoo, Tetra, Aryll, Cyclos, Medli, Makar, Rito, Korok, Helmaroc, Orca, Beedle, Zunari, Daphnes Nohansen, and all of the island names. Hopefully some of those words will give you an idea.
Ooh, I like Cyclos and Aryll. It's between them two and Biforce of Power so far.

X25tvwH.jpg

Under Armour is the best. I don't have any compression pants but I do own a few of the superhero shirts and shorts for working out at the gym. Their underwear is the best though, most comfortable underwear I've ever owned.

I just woke up from last night. I did it. I told my friend about my crush on him, despite him now dating someone. I did decide to not go into the big details that I was considering explaining, aka a minor blow by blow of what the month of him dating his BF was like, and the way that it influenced a lot of life changes such as me pushing for my certification and starting to look into dating sites. I figured that this was enough of a thing to drop on him, and while I may possibly tell more about what it was like, I didn't want to make it too heavy, especially

He actually seemed pretty chill about it. He told me that he respected me for telling him what was on my mind, and that we were still definitely friends. I didn't push for the "I need to hear the words from his mouth" like I said I wanted to before, but he basically told me that while he was still moving forward with his boyfriend (of course, I expected no less), that he didn't think of me any differently. I suppose time will tell on this, but I believe him.

The only part that stung to hear was him saying that he felt kinda bad about this because when he had first met me, he was also kinda interested in me at the time (which I believe due to the quick friendship connection and him stating that he thought I was attractive in the past). He didn't move forward because at the time, I had told him that I wasn't looking for a relationship. And this was true, I wasn't. It was basically hanging out with him and falling for him that awakened this desire to begin finding someone for me, but by the time I resolved those feeling and was preparing to say my mind with it, he had just met and was getting close to his boyfriend. That sucked a lot to hear, but I've decided to not think too deeply on the what ifs of his revelation. It'll do no good for me to dwell on things that can't be changed without time travel.

Things went the way things went, and now I need to move forward. As I said, this experience with him is the reason I've been studying more for an IT certification (so that I can get a better job and start working to moving out), and looking into dating apps to dip my toes in the water. I'm going to start working out again this week too, as it's been something that helps me to keep feeling good (and I gotta shape up for the guys, right?). I've also resolved in being more forward and honest with my feelings for someone, since it was being overly careful that seemed to be the big difference between my "failure" and his boyfriends success. I know that doesn't work on everyone, but it feels like a lesson that I should take to heart. Perhaps one day if things don't work out with his boyfriend, I'll pursue him again. But I can't count on that being something that happens. For now I'll continue to support him and his boyfriend's relationship and eventually meet the boyfriend someday. And in the meantime I'll continue to focus on myself, preparing for the future, and keeping an ear out on finding someone. And as a side note I may also need to make a few new friends, particularly gay friends. He's been the main person I've been hanging out with since the beginning of the year, and is my only gay friend currently.

Finally, I was considering dropping out of the DC Gay Pride parade with him and the boyfriend again when I said this, but I've ultimately decided to still go. It'll be something different, should be fun, and my chance to meet the boyfriend.

Thanks for the support everyone, even from the opinions of those who thought this wasn't such a great idea. It's nice being able to come here and vent and know that there's people who will offer support, give their thoughts, and even help you see another viewpoint if necessary. The hot guys at the top of the pages are nice and everything, but people helping and supporting others on the GAF community is the real reason that I come back to Letters-GAF.

tygwbw.png

Razmos

Aww, well done dude. It sucks that he was interested in you at the time and it didn't work out, but I suppose it's just one of the things in life you have to chalk up to missed opportunities. I hope that closure helps you move on now, hell there is probably someone way better than him out there looking for someone too.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Someone I know recommended that I watch this as a film. It's completely ruined my entire day now. That person is a jerk. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom