• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

There are worse ways to die.

It was awful. I saw a really cute guy with a sleeveless shirt, wearing shorts above the knee, and he himself was very fit. He had a beautiful smile, and as I passed next to him we made slight eye contact and I could feel my heart beating really fast. I was nervous too, and I don't know why. It was not a pleasant sensation.

This one of the very few times it has happened. I figure at a gogo disco seeing all kinds of guys almost naked and up close would be no good for my health. Potential heart attack trigger for me. :p

Yeah, there are worse ways to die I guess.

It was awful. I saw a really cute guy with a sleeveless shirt, wearing shorts above the knee, and he himself was very fit. He had a beautiful smile, and as I passed next to him we made slight eye contact and I could feel my heart beating really fast. I was nervous too, and I don't know why. It was not a pleasant sensation.

This one of the very few times it has happened. I figure at a gogo disco seeing all kinds of guys almost naked and up close would be no good for my health. Potential heart attack trigger for me. :p

thirsty+for+him+header2.png

Maybe you'll be filled too one day.

Awwwh, Hippie! You should've asked him out! You're very good looking and seem really sweet from what I've seen in here, so I'm sure he'd be very interested ^_^

As for the second part, I kind of dislike going to the strippers. I'm all for people who want to, but I just feel uncomfortable when I go. I like a good striptease from my boyfriend though :)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Sheesh, we've apparently had the worst timing with this engagement ring.

I opted to get one custom made locally, and since I wasn't positive about my partner's ring size, it was going to be just a plain band to start and then resized with a diamond set in after I popped the question. The band came a couple days after we got back from a trip to LA, but then I came down with the flu for almost three weeks and obviously didn't want to propose in that condition... Once that passed, I did ask and he said yes (a foregone conclusion, hah, but I wanted to make the gesture anyway!) but now the jeweler is out of town on vacation for a while, so we have to wait around three full weeks before the ring will actually get finished. It's really not a big deal, but we haven't told anyone at all yet since we'd like to actually have something to show for my efforts. ;)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

I opted to get one custom made locally, and since I wasn't positive about my partner's ring size, it was going to be just a plain band to start and then resized with a diamond set in after I popped the question. The band came a couple days after we got back from a trip to LA, but then I came down with the flu for almost three weeks and obviously didn't want to propose in that condition... Once that passed, I did ask and he said yes (a foregone conclusion, hah, but I wanted to make the gesture anyway!) but now the jeweler is out of town on vacation for a while, so we have to wait around three full weeks before the ring will actually get finished. It's really not a big deal, but we haven't told anyone at all yet since we'd like to actually have something to show for my efforts. ;)

Ah, that sounds disappointing. That said, does that mean we're the first to know?? Congratulations!! That's so exciting! If/when you two take any engagement or wedding photos, I hope we get the chance to see one! Congratulations again!

Congratulations!

So happy for the two of you. :)

Symphonia

Banned

Congratulations, pal.

Delio

Congrats!

Kater

Banned
drinking alone is fantastic I don't get the h8
I did that for a while but it got too dangerous for me
when I almost died of smoke poisoning once when I left my other laptop standing on the stove that was still activated.

Yeah, I'm not really into drinking anymore since then. :p

Kevyt

Well I've been inspired by Barrylocke's story to tell my crush what I really feel about him. I think it will be a great way to move on. I just need more courage to do it. Well I'm still thinking about it.

But you told us! :p

Congrats!!

I need to see Mad Max. Is it sad to go see it alone?

Nice new name! That was fast too.

Ty4on

Cheers, man. Cyan did it this morning for me. It needs amending slightly to BiforceOfPower to help ease my OCD but, yeah, I like it.

Capitalized conjunctions always look unbalanced to me. This way it has a nice U/V shape. Especially when Biforce and Power in print have a similar length.

Crayons

Banned
If you mean enjoying a drink alone, then yeah. If you mean getting drunk by yourself, um, well do you I guess.

A few drinks
I did that for a while but it got too dangerous for me
when I almost died of smoke poisoning once when I left my other laptop standing on the stove that was still activated.

Yeah, I'm not really into drinking anymore since then. :p
damn gotta be careful brah

I think it's one of those "Okay on occasion, but don't make it a habit" things. But I barely drink at all, so I'm probably not the best person to ask. :p
I think you're right I just wanted to ease myself

Son Of D

As someone who has an upper case "Of" in their username the lower case looks better. Actually thinking of changing my username to be honest.

Symphonia

Banned
Nah, I saw it twice already and plan to go again by myself during the middle of the day. It's an amazing movie, Terminator 2 has been dethroned.
Fuck it, I'm going to go see it next week in the middle of the day, so it's more quiet. Is it worth the £8 for a ticket to see it then?

fernoca

I need to see Mad Max. Is it sad to go see it alone?

See, that's what I was thinking, but it's always so daunting walking up to the front desk to buy tickets and snacks.
Tell me about it!
I still remember when I went to see Spider-Man 2 and asked for a ticket, the vendor asked me "how many?" and I said again "just one" and she said "awww". :( ...:p

I still go to the movies by myself. I try not to, since it can sometimes be depressing seeing everyone with their partners or friends. Is nice to have someone next to you, sharing popcorn or candy, then talk about the movie when it ends, and even make plans to do something else.

But if I really want to see it, I don't mind. Might have to do the same for Mad Max, since everyone talks about how great it is.

Doesn't help that over the last year I thought I finally met a friend/movie partner, but he started ignoring/avoiding/talking to me around January/February. :/

I'm still clueless. Not entirely, afterall he did said that hanging out with me was boring and that he'd rather hangout with other people (yay! ... among other things).

Is still kinda funny in some ways. He later said that he doesn't like going to midnight showings...but has gone to a few since. Even said that he doesn't go to the movies on sundays...but just went a few days ago, with the same friends.

I don't know. Just been thinking about things over the last couple of days. I guess I must be a really lame...boring or just plain bad person, that no matter what, people just end avoiding me. I keep thinking about things. Maybe I worried too much? Maybe I showed too much affection? I literally haven't made new friends in like 15 years. Noone to share my excitement towards Splatoon this friday for example. So, I thought that by saying things like "Hope you have a good day", or "Hey, wanna watch a movie or something to eat", or random gifts (a figure, eShop credit, etc.) was going to show that I (thought I was) a good friend.

Sorry for venting/ranting a bit. Have noone else to talk to. XD

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
So, go for Biforce Of Power? The uncapitalised 'or' bugs me.

I'm liking the new name!

-snip-

For the friend who is hypocritical/has said they would like to keep their distance, try to forget about them. For something like Splatoon, there's no shame in connecting with people on NeoGAF and getting excited with them. For everything else, I can't really say much as someone unfamiliar with your life. I hope you find satisfaction in your social life though. If you're looking to meet new people, maybe try out new activities or use the internet as an assistive tool to find communities to join. At the very least, you belong here.

Kevyt

Tell me about it!
I still remember when I went to see Spider-Man 2 and asked for a ticket, the vendor asked me "how many?" and I said again "just one" and she said "awww". :( ...:p

I still go to the movies by myself. I try not to, since it can sometimes be depressing seeing everyone with their partners or friends. Is nice to have someone next to you, sharing popcorn or candy, then talk about the movie when it ends, and even make plans to do something else.

But if I really want to see it, I don't mind. Might have to do the same for Mad Max, since everyone talks about how great it is.

Doesn't help that over the last year I thought I finally met a friend/movie partner, but he started ignoring/avoiding/talking to me around January/February. :/

I'm still clueless. Not entirely, afterall he did said that hanging out with me was boring and that he'd rather hangout with other people (yay! ... among other things).

Is still kinda funny in some ways. He later said that he doesn't like going to midnight showings...but has gone to a few since. Even said that he doesn't go to the movies on sundays...but just went a few days ago, with the same friends.

I don't know. Just been thinking about things over the last couple of days. I guess I must be a really lame...boring or just plain bad person, that no matter what, people just end avoiding me. I keep thinking about things. Maybe I worried too much? Maybe I showed too much affection? I literally haven't made new friends in like 15 years. Noone to share my excitement towards Splatoon this friday for example. So, I thought that by saying things like "Hope you have a good day", or "Hey, wanna watch a movie or something to eat", or random gifts (a figure, eShop credit, etc.) was going to show that I (thought I was) a good friend.

You can't buy friends. Don't buy someone something just because you want to be friends with them.

Don't think bad about yourself just because of one person. He doesn't deserve your friendship. You deserve better friends.

You should try something like meetup.com to meet new people and make friends.

In any case, don't underestimate your loneliness. It can be a precious thing. Spending time on yourself can be a great thing for meditating and learning more about yourself. It's good having to only worry about yourself and no one else.

I used to worry that I barely have friends and lose connection with them once school is over, but I do not worry anymore. Having friends is good, but being lonely isn't bad, just gotta look at the positive side of it.

Razmos

I for one am super excited for Splatoon (as evidenced by my change in avatar ;P). My Inkling Girl Amiibo got dispatched today and I've got the special edition with the Squid Amiibo and the T-shirt coming either Thursday or Friday.

I am so damn hyped, we should play together fernoca, add me on the Wii U! (my IGN is Razmos)

Symphonia

Banned
I paid £7 and got more than my money's worth. Such a fun action film.
I paid $11 the first time and $18 the second time (D-Box motion seats) and it was totally worth it
I'm sold, will go see it next week.

I'm liking the new name!
The general consensus is that it is awesome, it's just the 'of' that annoys the Hell out of me. I PM'd Cyan about it, though, hopefully it can be rectified.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I for one am super excited for Splatoon (as evidenced by my change in avatar ;P). My Inkling Girl Amiibo got dispatched today and I've got the special edition with the Squid Amiibo and the T-shirt coming either Thursday or Friday.

I am so damn hyped, we should play together fernoca, add me on the Wii U! (my IGN is Razmos)

If you and fernoca are still active during the summer (or through August), I'll see you two on there. I'm getting the game and amiibo at launch, but I simply won't have the chance to play until sometime in June at the earliest. Have fun acting out your kid/squid existential crisis!

Razmos

If you and fernoca are still active during the summer (or through August), I'll see you two on there. I'm getting the game and amiibo at launch, but I simply won't have the chance to play until sometime in June at the earliest. Have fun acting out your kid/squid existential crisis!
Pfft, no crisis here.
I'm an Octopus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom