• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
Uhh... Anyone with a modicum of sense will tell you that unprotected sex without complete assurance that your partner is clean is a really stupid thing to do.
Well, then, I guess I must be riddled with STIs.

I'm not. Got checked three weeks ago. Clean as a goddamn whistle.

DOWN

Banned
OK, late to the party on this, and probably none of my goddamn business, but who are you to tell him not to have unprotected sex?
Ngower expresses compulsive anxiety over the risks and treatment of himself having unprotected sex, so there's a way to avoid that and that advice was given. Second, unprotected sex is how lots of expensive and stressful health issues are transmitted and there's ways to avoid many of those risks, which is what that advice is for too. An adult making a decision he seems to feel uncomfortably reckless with asked for judgment on the situation and someone advised him with perfectly sound direction upon being invited to respond to that situation. I would reconsider your reaction to someone's direction favoring safe sex.

Your anecdotal health situation does absolutely nothing good to change the health risks at large

Kinsei

Banned
tumblr_npj36rKlPD1qk8rxto4_250.gif

tumblr_np2q2dRGnv1trt092o1_500.gif

Y'all should watch Sense8.

He's right. You're taking an unnecessary roll of the dice every time you have unprotected sex with someone you don't know is clean. This goes for everyone, straight or gay.

GothPunk

So in the GayGaf Skype chat we have decided that 'twink' sucks as a term because it doesn't fit with the other animal-oriented terms like 'bear' and 'cub', so we've come up with the term 'cat'. Posting it here so that it can become official at the next meeting of the gay mafia.

GothPunk

You guys! It has to be an animal! It has been pointed out to me that cats have hair and 'twinks' usually don't, and Bayo suggested we use 'lizard' instead. The council is debating the motion and I will report back. Oh and what used to be 'twunks' (wtf is that) are now lions because Kater says so.

3phemeral

Only animal I can think of that genetically retains its youthful, adolescent characteristics into adulthood is an Axolotl. So cute and adorable. Twinks don't have regenerative-limb capabilities, though.

Ain't they just the cutest things? I wish I could pinch their cheeks!

Axls, cubs, and bears. Oh my!

GothPunk

Meerkats is a better term tbh
Okay this is great.

Well if it's on basis of hair then the obvious answer is Naked Mole Rat.
But I think we have a winner here. The Naked Mole Rats do have a designated Queen after all.

Edit:
'Axls' sounds really cool though.

I'm happy with the ecological knowledge on display here in answer to my dumb post. XD

Xaltheron

I'm curious, what do you call someone who's slim, has little to no body hair, but is too old to be considered a twink? (if I recall correctly, twinks only go into early twenties).

I'm liking these suggestions though. I really need to get around to joining the Skype group at some point, I'm missing too much :p

RM8

Are you really saying unprotected sex is safe because you're STI-free at the moment? Safe sex is all about reducing the chances of getting a STI, unprotected sex is really, really not a good idea unless you're in a monogamous relationship (and even then, it only works if your partner is faithful :/).

I'm curious, what do you call someone who's slim, has little to no body hair, but is too old to be considered a twink? (if I recall correctly, twinks only go into early twenties).

I'm liking these suggestions though. I really need to get around to joining the Skype group at some point, I'm missing too much :p

Me

Kater

Banned

I can add you. :D

Also, it's cat instead of twinks. The council has concluded that twinks are cats now and what was formerly known as "twunk" is now known as lion. ^_^

Symphonia

Banned
Ngower expresses compulsive anxiety over the risks and treatment of himself having unprotected sex, so there's a way to avoid that and that advice was given. Second, unprotected sex is how lots of expensive and stressful health issues are transmitted and there's ways to avoid many of those risks, which is what that advice is for too. An adult making a decision he seems to feel uncomfortably reckless with asked for judgment on the situation and someone advised him with perfectly sound direction upon being invited to respond to that situation. I would reconsider your reaction to someone's direction favoring safe sex.

Your anecdotal health situation does absolutely nothing good to change the health risks at large
I won't reconsider my reaction to someone's direction favouring safe sex because my reaction wasn't in response to that at all. It was the fact that he took it upon himself to scold him for not using a condom, and pretty much told him to never do it again. You may not believe in unprotected sex, but that doesn't give you the right to tell people not to do it. What you loathe, they may enjoy.

Alrus

I won't reconsider my reaction to someone's direction favouring safe sex because my reaction wasn't in response to that at all. It was the fact that he took it upon himself to scold him for not using a condom, and pretty much told him to never do it again. You may not believe in unprotected sex, but that doesn't give you the right to tell people not to do it. What you loathe, they may enjoy.

Meh, that's like saying people shouldn't be called out for drunk driving.

Vitanimus

are people really trying to defend unprotected sex

yes, people should be scolded for having unprotected sex with people with no idea of their sexual history and health. unprotected sex should not be seen as okay just because "some people like it". i don't get why you're trying to turn this into something it's not?

Xaltheron

I can add you. :D

Also, it's cat instead of twinks. The council has concluded that twinks are cats now and what was formerly known as "twunk" is now known as lion. ^_^

That makes things simple then, twinks can be pussy cats and older twinks can be big cats :p (unless twunk/lion is the word I'm looking for? I'd never even heard of that term before now)

And if you could, that'd be great ;)

Touchdown

Banned

yes, people should be scolded for having unprotected sex with people with no idea of their sexual history and health. unprotected sex should not be seen as okay just because "some people like it". i don't get why you're trying to turn this into something it's not?

don't knock it till you try it

dc08703a30.gif

joking...or am i? heh

Look at other threads on this site, or on reddit. Many young people have some weirdo "my body my choice, nobody can or should judge me" attitude towards anything. Hell we had some thread about a guy whose mother was cheating on his father, and people were telling him it was none of his business and he shouldn't judge or say anything.

Kevyt

Only animal I can think of that genetically retains its youthful, adolescent characteristics into adulthood is an Axolotl. So cute and adorable. Twinks don't have regenerative-limb capabilities, though.

Ain't they just the cutest things? I wish I could pinch their cheeks!

Edit:'Axls' sounds really cool though.

I'm happy with the ecological knowledge on display here in answer to my dumb post. XD

Axls,
axl,
Axl Rose.

Vitanimus

don't knock it till you try it

dc08703a30.gif

joking...or am i? heh

dc08703a30.gif

Look at other threads on this site, or on reddit. Many young people have some weirdo "my body my choice, nobody can or should judge me" attitude towards anything. Hell we had some thread about a guy whose mother was cheating on his father, and people were telling him it was none of his business and he shouldn't judge or say anything.

see stuff like that is gross because you put multiple people at risk

if you wanna be riddled with STD's go for it, just make sure its just you being a nasty hoe

The gay walking dead.

i believe we have every right to tell someone not to do something gross and reckless. They have every right to disagree and not listen. I don't really buy into this whole "nobody can ever criticize, judge, condemn, suggest" culture. It totally ignores that humans are a social species in my opinion.

Kevyt

All this talk about sex, and I'm just thinking about the wise words of Oscar Wilde in regards to it: "Everything in the world is about sex except sex. Sex is about power."

I'm cynical.

i believe we have every right to tell someone not to do something gross and reckless. They have every right to disagree and not listen. I don't really buy into this whole "nobody can ever criticize, judge, condemn, suggest" culture. It totally ignores that humans are a social species in my opinion.

Indeed, I agree. I would say that falls under cultural relativism.

Randomly checked Grindr for the first time in a while last night and received a few messages... one of which was a 47 year old guy who sent messages:

"Hey"
"What are you looking for?"
-dick pic-
-ass pic-
-asshole pic (cheeks spread)-
-another dick pic-

one after another.

*shakes head*

I don't even know why I have it installed still.

It's almost as bad as "PC", "don't generalize", and "everybody gotta be nice" culture. It's as if everyone got all sensitive all of a sudden.

Kevyt

It's almost as bad as "PC", "don't generalize", and "everybody gotta be nice" culture. It's as if everyone got all sensitive all of a sudden.

What's wrong with PC's though? If I spent $1000 on the graphics card alone, it would be for bragging rights.

I don't understand all this hate for PC gaming from console players. We get mods and the superior game versions.

Right back at you. :p

Kater

Banned
Oh hey. Top of the page.

Let's talk more about why "cat" should replace twink as the term for young gay males in the dating pool.

Kevyt

I have a very fat cat and he is very fluffy. He's adorable and so sloppy, but I don't think that Cat can replace twink with this in mind. There's a lot of fat cats out there, not hating on them or anything as I said I'm an owner of a very fat cat and I love him and I don't want him to feel bad because he's a bit chubby ("Be nice culture" in work right there btw) :p yet I think twinks are not hairy and they're usually slim. I might be wrong.

Cat should not replace twink imo.

#FatCatAwareness #TwinkWorksBetter #BeingNicetoCats #SorryForHashTags.

50ppp is disgusting and wrong.

I have a very fat cat and he is very fluffy. He's adorable and so sloppy, but I don't think that Cat can replace twink with these in mind. There's a lot of fat cats out there, not hating on them or anything as I said I'm an owner of a very fat cat and I love him and I don't want him to feel bad because he's a bit chubby ("Be nice culture" in work right there btw) :p yet I think twinks are not hairy and they're usually slim. I might be wrong.

I actually love cats. They are so cute. And a meow is much better than a bark. Not that I dislike dogs. But a cute kitty cat can outcute a puppy.

Kater

Banned
Pls join the 100ppp master race

it's the middle of the page

It's not for me.
And no, I don't think so. E3 thread with 40 gifs per page (50ppp) are enough already. I don't want to kill my browser, heh.

I have a very fat cat and he is very fluffy. He's adorable and so sloppy, but I don't think that Cat can replace twink with this in mind. There's a lot of fat cats out there, not hating on them or anything as I said I'm an owner of a very fat cat and I love him and I don't want him to feel bad because he's a bit chubby ("Be nice culture" in work right there btw) :p yet I think twinks are not hairy and they're usually slim. I might be wrong.

There are big twinks too, big as in fat. I think they were called cub tho.
But we could just rename them.
Oh wait, I got it now. The cub becomes the lion who is a bit lazy and can become a bit chubby because of that.
And the formerly known twunk will be the tiger. :)

Bladenic

You really want to go down that road?

did he lie though?

Also i missed it but whatever, i gotta be honest. I have never felt a huge difference in sex with or without a condom. Like, it does feel different but to such a small degree that I can't imagine saying "fuck the condom" with a stranger. That said, condoms do seem to hinder my ability to stay fully erect, which kinda sucks.

Kevyt

Just to be clear, I wasn't fat shaming my cat at all. As I have said, he is adorable and I love him no matter what. I understand his weight might cause him health problems but if he is happy, then I'm happy for him! Who am I to judge?

Also, as I said there are better terms out there ro replace twink, like axls as ephemeral said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom