• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
Why would you put yourself through such torment?
I generally dislike comic book media, but more than anything I hate the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I find it so formulaic that I feel every one including when Iron Man kicked off the MCU seem like they could have come from one director. Last saw The Avengers and thought it was incredibly mild. I get that Daredevil is supposed to feel different thankfully, but that leaves the problem that it's comic book media, making it worth a shot but low on the list.

Symphonia

Banned
I generally dislike comic book media, but more than anything I hate the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I find it so formulaic that I feel every one including when Iron Man kicked off the MCU seem like they could have come from one director. Last saw The Avengers and thought it was incredibly mild. I get that Daredevil is supposed to feel different thankfully, but that leaves the problem that it's comic book media, making it worth a shot but low on the list.
I get where you're coming from, but Daredevil really is different compared to the rest of the MCU media. Iron Man, Hulk, Avengers, etc do seem pretty mild, at least compared to their comic book counterparts, but Daredevil? Oh, man, you got to give it a go. It's a little slow to begin with, I'll admit, but it soon picks up pace and delivers blow after blow. The fight choreography is amazing, the acting is superb, and the cast is just, well...

tumblr_nmyncpaYQU1tltfdgo2_1280.gif

Yep.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
my financial aid money is just not enough, im looking for a job right now but honestly i just feel so tired and im considering just staying here and letting my parents treat me like shit and just stay in the closet until i move out and rent something someplace

If you haven't already, you need to apply for pell grants, BD. Outside of a small government loan, pell grants paid for my schooling in full and these never have to be paid back. I couldn't have gone to college without this.

Symphonia

Banned
Guys, I'm gonna try go tonight without a drink. I have GTA Online, salted peanuts, and a McDonalds milkshake with me to resist temptation.

Kater

Banned
Guys, I'm gonna try go tonight without a drink. I have GTA Online, salted peanuts, and a McDonalds milkshake with me to resist temptation.
Have a good time, dude. :)

I haven't had a drink in three months now (before that I got wasted every 2-3 days) and I felt awful back then, feel way better now.

Razmos

I'm so damn irritable right now. Some asshole down the street has been throwing a party or something ALL day, ever since I woke up this morning, and it's still going now at nearly 11:10pm. They've been playing music so loudly that you can hear it like 3 or 4 streets away and it seems to be getting louder as the night goes on.

Meanwhile in my room i'm having to turn my tv up loud to drown out their shitty wub wub wub music which is driving me crazy, and then my brother in the room next to me is playing League of Legends and shouting really loudly and laughing in a really annoying way which is ALSO pissing me off.

There is literally nowhere in the house I can have peace and quiet and think to myself and it's horrible.

And god knows how i'm going to be able to sleep if this continues.

Bladenic

today was a pretty good day to be a jrpg fan (despite the fact I haven't played a video game since early 2015, haven't finished a game in 2015, and don't have time to play games)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so damn irritable right now. Some asshole down the street has been throwing a party or something ALL day, ever since I woke up this morning, and it's still going now at nearly 11:10pm. They've been playing music so loudly that you can hear it like 3 or 4 streets away and it seems to be getting louder as the night goes on.

Meanwhile in my room i'm having to turn my tv up loud to drown out their shitty wub wub wub music which is driving me crazy, and then my brother in the room next to me is playing League of Legends and shouting really loudly and laughing in a really annoying way which is ALSO pissing me off.

There is literally nowhere in the house I can have peace and quiet and think to myself and it's horrible.

And god knows how i'm going to be able to sleep if this continues.

Wish I could help. For the party, are there laws about noise and such that could allow you to call the police to shut down the party or get them to be quiet? In the US, this definitely happens a lot. As for the brother, maybe you can talk to him? Maybe a walk outside or a shower would be relaxing and helpful. Sorry about the situation.

today was a pretty good day to be a jrpg fan (despite the fact I haven't played a video game since early 2015, haven't finished a game in 2015, and don't have time to play games)

What made today a good day? The recent news that comes to mind is Tales of Berseria and the XSEED localization announcements. Anything you're particularly excited for?

Bladenic

Wish I could help. For the party, are there laws about noise and such that could allow you to call the police to shut down the party or get them to be quiet? In the US, this definitely happens a lot. As for the brother, maybe you can talk to him? Maybe a walk outside or a shower would be relaxing and helpful. Sorry about the situation.

What made today a good day? The recent news that comes to mind is Tales of Beseria and the XSEED localization announcements. Anything you're particularly excited for?

I mean, I'm a hardcore Tales fan but I'm not terribly excited for the new one yet though it's still nice to be announced. However, Trails of Cold Steel (1+2!!) being confirmed is pretty great, plus Second Chapter is supposed to be released before Trails of CS 1.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, I'm a hardcore Tales fan but I'm not terribly excited for the new one yet though it's still nice to be announced. However, Trails of Cold Steel (1+2!!) being confirmed is pretty great, plus Second Chapter is supposed to be released before Trails of CS 1.

I feel like not enough has been said about the new Tales game to be excited. Plus, there are so many releases, and Zestiria hasn't even made it out of Japan yet, so I think that's understandable.

Hmm...think you could tell me why you're excited for the Trails series? I know people were very excited when Trails in the Sky was announced for release a little while back (I guess that was the PC version?), but I don't think I know what makes the series special. Wikipedia didn't help very much.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Getting overwhelmed looking at all the shows I want to see on Starz/HBO/Netflix/Prime/Cable/Broadcast

Help.gif

What kind of show are you looking for? Genre, mood, subject, etc.

Good luck! :)

I haven't had a drink in three months now (before that I got wasted every 2-3 days) and I felt awful back then, feel way better now.

Good job kater! <3

Kevyt

I've been watching the 100 on Netflix and the show is all right. I really like Bellamy especially more when I found out he is played by Bob Marley:

He is 30 years old and I thought he was younger than that. He's a good actor and I'm really liking his character in the 100. I love his freckles and his chin dimple.

He is fineeee... :3

oh and he's Australian :3

I've been watching the 100 on Netflix and the show is all right. I really like Bellamy especially more when I found out he is played by Bob Marley:

He is 30 years old and I thought he was younger than that. He's a good actor and I'm really liking his character in the 100. I love his freckles and his chin dimple.

He is fineeee... :3

oh and he's Australian :3
You should just not watch it for Bellamy. But for the show mostly (y)

Kevyt

Mika is gay? Woah, I never knew this, I just found out. Wow, all this time. He's definitely underrated. I only knew him because of "Elle me dit" and never bothered to listen to his other music. What a crime.

You should just not watch it for Bellamy. But for the show mostly (y)

It's a good show, I'm liking it so far. (y)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Mika is gay? Woah, I never knew this, I just found out. Wow, all this time. He's definitely underrated. I only knew him because of "Elle me dit" and never bothered to listen to his other music. What a crime.

:( at you not knowing that earlier/missing my previous posts about him. I assume you saw his most recent/gayest single, "Good Guys"?

I'm glad you know it now! I personally think his first album is still my favorite, but there are songs that I like on all of his albums. I also really enjoyed his acoustic recordings on the second disc of his third album. I think he's pretty consistent, but that's kind of the problem. His first album is amazing, but then I remember his second album kind of feeling boring/more of the same. I unfortunately don't really remember his third album. Like I said though, there are always songs I like, and I'm hoping his upcoming album turns out well. :)

Fun fact: when I studied abroad in Paris, it was during the huge protests against the passage of same-sex marriage. After it passed, there was a free concert given by MIKA at Place de la Bastille to celebrate. He had come out as gay less than a year before that. That was my first and only time seeing him live and it was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom