• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

:( at you not knowing that earlier/missing my previous posts about him. I assume you saw his most recent/gayest single, "Good Guys"?

I'm glad you know it now! I personally think his first album is still my favorite, but there are songs that I like on all of his albums. I also really enjoyed his acoustic recordings on the second disc of his third album. I think he's pretty consistent, but that's kind of the problem. His first album is amazing, but then I remember his second album kind of feeling boring/more of the same. I unfortunately don't really remember his third album. Like I said though, there are always songs I like, and I'm hoping his upcoming album turns out well. :)

Fun fact: when I studied abroad in Paris, it was during the huge protests against the passage of same-sex marriage. After it passed, there was a free concert given by MIKA at Place de la Bastille to celebrate. He had come out as gay less than a year before that. That was my first and only time seeing him live and it was fantastic.

Oh and I'm so jealous! Yeah, I'm actually listening to it right now. As I said, what a crime I never listened to his other music. Will do now.

I remember you guys mentioned Tallywackers that new male version of hooters. Well it's opened and whew short shorts everywhere. https://youtu.be/sCb-WVS3czA

It's raining men. Such an appropriate song for that video. They're mostly hunk guys as I expected though.

DOWN

Banned
What kind of show are you looking for? Genre, mood, subject, etc.
I tend to like drama, usually geared toward an adult audience so no CW, MTV, ABC family. Other than that give me a few ideas of great shows. I'm thinking I'll try Hannibal next but I want more options
Please tell me they only do it ironically
I think it would be done in the same tongue-in-cheek humor as Magic Mike

I tend to like drama, usually geared toward an adult audience so no CW, MTV, ABC family. Other than that give me a few ideas of great shows. I'm thinking I'll try Hannibal next but I want more options

I think it would be done in the same tongue-in-cheek humor as Magic Mike

Hannibal gets a huge recommendation from me. First season is great but the second season is damn near perfect. Absolutely loved it.

What other big shows have you watched? Like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Of course. I may take a trip and check it out once and post my experince haha

I await your review.

P.S.: For the longest time, I thought one of the two guys in your avatar was you. I only recently discovered my error
unless you're actually famous

I would go there too. Why not?

This isn't 1800's puritanical America anymore. :p

I tried to find some kind of sexy pilgrim/puritan image that I could link as a response, but I think the standards for Halloween costume models are pretty low for men (at least, imo).

But somehow in my endeavors I encountered Bernardo Velasco, whose name only seemed vaguely familiar. He is a nice looking human being. :)

Why am I not studying?? *sigh*

Kater

Banned
Of course. I may take a trip and check it out once and post my experince haha
I would go there just to look at bums tbh.
Sippin on (overpriced) mineral water and just oogling at all that eye candy.

1209.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Hannibal is a good one if you like/are okay with incredibly disturbing macabre murder stuff.

I don't have the time to do a huge list at the moment, but a few recent standouts are:

Rectify - a quiet, contemplative drama that follows a man who was just released from prison after spending 19 years on Death Row. 2 seasons so far, both on Netflix. Only 16 episodes, though season 3 is just around the corner!

The Honorable Woman - a fantastically complex and gripping geopolitical thriller. It's best if you don't look up anything concerning the plot, but it's a miniseries - 8 episodes - so it's a small commitment and it's on Netflix to boot!

The Knick - a medical drama set in the early 20th century. The characters and storylines are a bit by the numbers, but Steven Soderbergh's direction is transcendent and unlike anything ever done in television before. Cliff Martinez' wonderfully anachronistic electronic soundtrack alone is worth the price of admission.

Hannibal is a good one if you like/are okay with incredibly disturbing macabre murder stuff.

I don't have the time to do a huge list at the moment, but a few recent standouts are:

Rectify - a quiet, contemplative drama that follows a man who was just released from prison after spending 19 years on Death Row. 2 seasons so far, both on Netflix. Only 16 episodes, though season 3 is just around the corner!

The Honorable Woman - a fantastically complex and gripping geopolitical thriller. It's best if you don't look up anything concerning the plot, but it's a miniseries - 8 episodes - so it's a small commitment and it's on Netflix to boot!

The Knick - a medical drama set in the early 20th century. The characters and storylines are a bit by the numbers, but Steven Soderbergh's direction is transcendent and unlike anything ever done in television before. Cliff Martinez' wonderfully anachronistic electronic soundtrack alone is worth the price of admission.

I second all of these.

Found someone on grindr impersonating a guy I met a while ago from tinder, had some fun playing his game for a bit but man, people are so weird.

I still talk to the actual guy sometimes, he's one of the many who got away (he doesn't live here).

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Found someone on grindr impersonating a guy I met a while ago from tinder, had some fun playing his game for a bit but man, people are so weird.

I still talk to the actual guy sometimes, he's one of the many who got away (he doesn't live here).

Lol grindr has a lot of fake profiles and some think they are slick using actor pics but cropping the heads out of the pic. Google search betrays most of them tho.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't get it. Gays cry a lot, since they're always so oppressed.

Symphonia

Banned

I've had someone catfish me before. Like, what is the point in that, honestly? When you meet face to face, you're obviously not going to have the same feelings for the real person as you do or did for the one you thought you were talking to. Such a waste of everyone's time.

DOWN

Banned
Hannibal gets a huge recommendation from me. First season is great but the second season is damn near perfect. Absolutely loved it.

What other big shows have you watched? Like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc.
Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, LOST, True Detective, The Killing, House of Cards

I already said Rectify, jeez.
Lol it's just one I've never heard of so I gotta look into it because it has never been on my buzz radar

Thanks. I do like some Clive Owen...

Symphonia

Banned
Christ I did too. Some people are still so intolerant.
I soon realised shortly after Youtube launched that reading the comments will only destroy your brain cells, one by one, until you've been reduced to nothing more than a drooling pile of flesh and bone.

Son Of D

Was in a shop earlier and walked past the alcohol aisle. Kept thinking to myself that I should get some to help with my stress. I didn't buy any fortunately, but the fact it even crossed my mind isn't good. It would just make me feel worse and considering recent thoughts I'm scared that instead of just thinking of something drastic, I'd actually do it.

ngower

Is it totally irrational/paranoid or completely healthy and safe that every time (i.e. twice) I have unprotected sex, I go on a PEP regimen?

KmA

Is it totally irrational/paranoid or completely healthy and safe that every time (i.e. twice) I have unprotected sex, I go on a PEP regimen?

What? Of course that isn't irrational. And you really shouldn't be having unprotected sex anyway tbh.

berzeli

Banned

Have I mentioned how much I love you?

Symphonia

Banned
Was in a shop earlier and walked past the alcohol aisle. Kept thinking to myself that I should get some to help with my stress. I didn't buy any fortunately, but the fact it even crossed my mind isn't good. It would just make me feel worse and considering recent thoughts I'm scared that instead of just thinking of something drastic, I'd actually do it.
Don't do a me, man, you're better than that.

ngower

What? Of course that isn't irrational. And you really shouldn't be having unprotected sex anyway tbh.

Yeah, it was a one-off (well, excluding the time before) thing. Most of my partners it's safe and protected. I just don't know if I'm crazy for immediately thinking "PEP!" the morning after. Ugh, I don't wanna go on that shit again...

Alrus

OK, late to the party on this, and probably none of my goddamn business, but who are you to tell him not to have unprotected sex?

Uhh... Anyone with a modicum of sense will tell you that unprotected sex without complete assurance that your partner is clean is a really stupid thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom