• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I could only turn my mother around, she's dead set against the whole thing.

I'm pretty pissed at her but I don't know whether it would be better to actually sit her down and talk it through. I mean she seems pretty stubborn in her homophobic bullshit but if I had her on side it would make things so much easier.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If I could only turn my mother around, she's dead set against the whole thing.

I'm pretty pissed at her but I don't know whether it would be better to actually sit her down and talk it through. I mean she seems pretty stubborn in her homophobic bullshit but if I had her on side it would make things so much easier.

You can always try to make a conversation with her about it but know when to stop since you already know she is against it and she will probably go bananas at you with her disagreements cause somehow when some people disagree they can be loud to make their point clear. Take baby steps with her and little by little even if she disagrees she might be more respectful towards you.

Razmos

Huh, I don't facebook (and don't add family members) but my mum told me that my cousin has rainbowfied his profile pic.

Makes me happy because he's really great and has always stuck up for me. He doesn't know that I'm gay, but I feel a little more confident now that my extended family might be okay with it.

biRdy

Huh, I don't facebook (and don't add family members) but my mum told me that my cousin has rainbowfied his profile pic.

Makes me happy because he's really great and has always stuck up for me. He doesn't know that I'm gay, but I feel a little more confident now that my extended family might be okay with it.

Facebook's rainbow profile pictures has made it quite easy for me to know who would be okay with it, as I haven't fully come out yet.

Ahnez

I'm just stopping by to say

Congratulations!

This is a huge step in the right direction for America!

I'm happy for all of you <3

I should have posted this earlier.. I didn't even knew this thread existed :p sorry

Razmos

Nobody has posted any hotness in a while, allow me:
f0104d87c3ebf4aa51398bff24e7bedd.png

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
The first thing I noticed about that guy was his nipples and the first adjective that came to mind was "plump." I'm greatly appreciating the juxtaposition of his shirtless torso and his belted khaki shorts.

Henchmen, the thread can handle all the hotness you want to provide it. :)

Kaimu

Welcome!
Cute avatar :3

Thanks and thank you :p

Hello!

Not sure if you just popped in to wish everyone well, but feel free to stick around! There's an IBQ in the OP that's great for introducing yourself.

I'll probably be sticking around :p

Here goes!

Your gender? Male

Your sexual orientation? Gay

Where Are You From? Belgium

How Old Are you? 22

Favorite Type of Music? Don't really have a specific type of music? Since I enjoy must music that is out there

Profession or Career interest? Game artist? Not really sure on this yet

Favorite video game(s)? Witcher 3, Driveclub, Mirrors edge, naughty dog games!

What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Drawing, Painting, dancing (randomly) to music

Hi!

Way too much salt to be honest.

Yea, its kinda sad when you think about it but oh well

Berordn

The first thing I noticed about that guy was his nipples and the first adjective that came to mind was "plump." I'm greatly appreciating the juxtaposition of his shirtless torso and his belted khaki shorts.

For some reason my obsession with... plump nipples feels dirtier than any of my other various kinks.

And you're right, that's really the best word for it. Anyway, moar plz.

Razmos

Dude, don't do that.

Geez man, you are late :D Still, I avoid doing that, this isn't the purpose of that thread.

Addition: Holy guacamole, ----- progress is astonishing.

is it weird if I think ----- body looks hotter in his old pic?
Let's not mention people by name please without their consent at being ogled at, it's a bit weird.

Say "that pic was hot in the fitness thread" but lets not make anyone uncomfortable.

Hey guys, I think my mom might be coming around on my sexuality and stuff. She's in SF right now for work and sent me a photo of her watching the pride parade. She was never hateful before, just complacent about gay rights and stuff but This could be a turning point, I don't know. What do you guys think?

Meicyn

Gold Member
Hey guys, I think my mom might be coming around on my sexuality and stuff. She's in SF right now for work and sent me a photo of her watching the pride parade. She was never hateful before, just complacent about gay rights and stuff but This could be a turning point, I don't know. What do you guys think?
She went out of her way to send you a pic about it, so to me, that says a lot.

Kevyt

Definitely a good sign! I'm pretty sure she sent it with good intentions. :)

In contrast, I'm with my mom right now and she was watching the news. As soon as the news anchor started talking about SCOTUS ruling of same-sex marriage she changed to a different channel. She avoids anything LGBT related, lol.

Nohar

Let's not mention people by name please without their consent at being ogled at, it's a bit weird.

Say "that pic was hot in the fitness thread" but lets not make anyone uncomfortable.

And you are 100% right. I am the one at fault here (I shouldn't have named anyone from that thread), and I won't repeat this behavior.

I removed the content of my message. I would appreciate if the ones who quoted me did the same.

Kaimu

In contrast, I'm with my mom right now and she was watching the news. As soon as the news anchor started talking about SCOTUS ruling of same-sex marriage she changed to a different channel. She avoids anything LGBT related, lol.

Seems familiar but in my case its my dad :/

Anyways I'm leaving to France on holiday, cya guys in 2 weeks! (In the new OT probably?)

Kater

Banned
Kater, you should try and keep the IBQ for the next OT.
Oh, I will. It has proven itself to be very useful for introductions so far.

My mum actually goes out of her way all the time to show me how much she cares about a change in regards to the laws that discriminate LGBT folks, especially since I came out to her.

Hope your mum comes around to it.

Anyways I'm leaving to France on holiday, cya guys in 2 weeks! (In the new OT probably?)
Yep. We will post a link here so you can't miss it. ;)

She went out of her way to send you a pic about it, so to me, that says a lot.

Thanks guys. That helps.

HippieHobo, I can only hope that one day your mom will come around too. :)

Kevyt

Oh. :(

Have fun in France!

Oh, I will. It has proven itself to be very useful for introductions so far

My mum actually goes out of her way all the time to show me how much she cares about a change in regards to the laws that discriminate LGBT folks, especially since I came out to her.

Hope your mum comes around to it.

Yep. We will post a link here so you can't miss it. ;)

That's great. Yay for supporting moms!

Thanks guys. That helps.

HippieHobo, I can only hope that one day your mom will come around too. :)

Thank you. :) I honestly don't care anymore, I just find it funny. :p

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
To weigh in on the fitness photo discussion...yeah, I don't think it's a good idea to be evaluating anyone on here like that without them asking for it. But it also makes me question when we put pics of random celebrities/strangers in this thread, since a lot of them aren't putting their photos on the internet to be evaluated either. Then I also wonder if I'm more hesitant about negative comments than positive ones. I'm not sure how I feel about any of the photos we talk about now...

Thanks and thank you :p

I'll probably be sticking around :p

Here goes!

-snip-

Yea, its kinda sad when you think about it but oh well

Your hobbies are awesome. I wish you luck with your art! If you scroll back a few pages, you'll see there are a couple people in here who do game art. Maybe you can connect with them?

I'm also glad to see Mirror's Edge there&#8212;I've never played it because of a lack of capable hardware, but I've been semi-obsessed with that game from a distance for a while now. I love everything I've seen about it and am hoping to play it next year.

Have fun in France!

I think this is a good sign. At the very least, it's a sign of recognition and acknowledgement. :)

I hope the family relationships improve for HippieHobo, RatskyWatsky, and Kaimu, as well as anyone else. Of course, everyone has the freedom to choose their own family, so if you're done with them, I'm not saying you need them. But for everyone who's still hoping for closer relationships, I hope you find that.

Elitist1945

Last year I switched schools (final year) to try and get away from my past and start new, and while it seemed like a good decision (got to graduate 2-Months before everyone else!), seeing my old friends graduate without me makes me feel pretty sad and alone.

Was a bad idea.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Today Im feeling rather ignored by those who I call friends. I try making a conversation when they are online and not even a single person said Im busy ttyl blah blah blah. Straight up showed up as read and nothing else. I guess today is one of those odd days.

KmA

In decidedly less awesome news and serving as a stark reminder for how far gay rights has to go; Istanbul gay pride parade disrupted by police, a bit weird since Pride has been a thing in Istanbul for 13 years without similar issues (apparently last year it also coincided with Ramadan so that would also not explain the disruption).

This sucks :(

Turkey was one of the first countries to decriminalize homosexuality altogether (back in 1858!), a full 150 years before the US. There have been tensions with government and the populace for a while though.

Crayons

Banned
Today Im feeling rather ignored by those who I call friends. I try making a conversation when they are online and not even a single person said Im busy ttyl blah blah blah. Straight up showed up as read and nothing else. I guess today is one of those odd days.
People are cunts.
I feel like I'm one of the only people who never does shit like that. I always respond, and respond quickly if I've seen it. Am I just being too nice?

People are cunts.
I feel like I'm one of the only people who never does shit like that. I always respond, and respond quickly if I've seen it. Am I just being too nice?
I guess it depends on how close said friends are.

There have been days when I felt so shitty that I just couldn't muster up the effort to invite anyone else in to my vortex of negativity. Even people who generally feel comfortable lending their ear.

I doubt it's malicious, Bayo. Everyone has their own reasons for what they do, and purposely hurting you is likely not on the list.

DOWN

Banned
I've tried to get better and better about at least acknowledging that I got someone's message, even if I just have to say I'll give them an answer later in the day.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
People are cunts.

Assuming life isn't crazy, I try to do that, too. If I can't respond right away, I eventually respond and it's accompanied by an apology. I've never understood how people can just ignore messages, but I guess it's just a difference of social expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom