• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

Happy birthday Grizzo :D

Between the Persona 5 trailer and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate that I want RIGHT NOAW, my poor gamer's heart is having an hard time. The thirst is real guys.

Happy B-Day Grizz!

MonHun4U will definitely help get my mind off of Persona 5 hype for awhile. Look forward to playing it with other GAFers. I know Kinsei's also getting the game, so their's some real hype from folks in this OT.

Kater

Banned
So today is my birthday

Here's a picture of little old me from way back then to celebrate:

🙊
Happy Birthday, Grizzo!

tumblr_maen8l6srn1r72ht7o3_500.gif

Oops, seems like Kirby ate the cake I made for you. :O

Still, hope you get to go out and have a fun time with friends and family!

That Fallon "Saved by the Bell" reunion sketch is so weird to me.... Everyone looks the same as they did during the show. I know lots of make-up is involved, but still..

1MCaLY8.jpg

If you had told me that was a promo shot from when the show was still on the air, I would have believed you, lol.

Especially Mario Lopez... Life hacks.

Golnei

He could probably do something about the beard; but I agree that depilating anything else would be a horrible mistake.

I don't even mind his beard. But yeah, he shouldn't touch anything else!

Persona 5 will end careers, I hope there's a fag character

What?

Maybe it's just me, but i don't like when even gay people use that word. I don't believe in the whole "taking back a word" type of thing.

Golnei

Lolz I don't care

But fine I'll say I hope there's a queer character

Oh, there'll definitely be a queer character. Just don't expect them to be playable; get any narrative focus, or have an actual name. Though I guess 'ambiguous subtext voided by the sequel' is also a valid category.

Why do you think that? They said they're planning layoffs? Are you new?

Its been bandied about for a couple months. Theyve been working on the new budget and we got approved for a lot less than they proposed. Word was my job was created based on revenue projections that dont exist anymore so... :(

DOWN

Banned
Its been bandied about for a couple months. Theyve been working on the new budget and we got approved for a lot less than they proposed. Word was my job was created based on revenue projections that dont exist anymore so... :(

Well, I hope that doesn't happen, but I'm sure you'll pick something else up right after if that does occur.

DOWN

Banned
Thanks. I wish I could really believe that, but the panic is still high. I need xanax or something.

It's nerve-wracking to think about no matter how it goes, understandably. I try to just think about what I pragmatically need to do next with my day and responsibilities regardless of how it feels or could go, like if I had to see what was next on a professionally made to-do list for me by an assistant who isn't in my emotions.

Sometimes that works when I can see that I have something specific to do, be it a work task or just a regular set of errands and such that have to be done to finish the day whether I were calm or not, and no matter what happens with the thing that is worrying me. "What's next?" is sort of my calming mechanism for a lot of things.

Anyway, sorry you have to think about it, but good to see you are the type who does have a strong sense of consideration for your situation.

Dany

Banned
I don't like classmates using gay or retarded to say that something was stupid. I'm not a fan of the word faggot. It's very discriminatory, but then again it depends on the situation.

DOWN

Banned
Oprah on the n-word is an understandable sentiment on slurs, "It shows my age, but I feel strongly about [the n-word] … I always think of the millions of people who heard that as their last word as they were hanging from a tree."

You know it's a slur, you know there are people still around who think about hearing it when they were beaten or bullied whenever it's said, and you know that not long ago, people who don't get to be around now heard it as they were beaten or tormented to death. I can't really see people forgetting it is a slur (especially one with rules on who gets to say it, leaving most people with a word they don't get to say and a rather dark reason as to why) and as long as the derogatory slur is in use, the slang is ineffective to me. Makes a lot more sense to drop any interest in using the word.

It doesn't shock me to hear it, but it doesn't please me to hear anyone try it either.

Damn, I'm really sorry to hear that. Maybe they will find enough money to keep you on. :( Best of luck on either keeping your job or finding a new one really soon after.

I just feel like no matter how much you try to take a word back that, people will use it in a derogatory way. Once a word like that exists, it's incredibly hard to not associate it with really bad experiences. At least in my case, I grew up in a very rural town in the South (Georgia) and I would hear it all the time in school. This was back when I had an incredibly hard time accepting I was gay, so classmates and friends using those words just pushed me further and further into the closet. It doesn't help that even my relatives have used it to describe gay people in a derogatory way... even my parents. So when I hear or see the word, I tend to think about the negative experiences I've had with it.

*Shrug* That's just me though obviously. I know others don't have a big issue with it.

This guy looks like real life Dorian

Oh shit, he totally does, lol.

VegiHam

Happy Birthday Mr Grizzo!

And I am SO agreed on hoping for more gay in Persona 5. Let's make that sub-text text guys, I wanna social link the blond from the trailer :p

Wil348

Are there any PS4 gaymers in here? If anyone wants to add me, my PSN ID is Wil348-. I thought it would be cool if we had an online gaymer meet up where we could all play some games together. :)

Damn, I'm really sorry to hear that. Maybe they will find enough money to keep you on. :( Best of luck on either keeping your job or finding a new one really soon after.

Thanks. Theres nothing quite like losing your livelyhood to make you feel so vulnerable. I gained a lot of experience with this job so I hope I can leverage that.

terrisus

Is she crying tar?

Mascara.

Make-up's really pretty disgusting in general.
Just a bunch of chemicals and goop that don't look appealing and are disgusting to kiss or even be around - not to mention take forever to put on, and wastes a whole bunch of money.

Although, oddly enough, I do find the "goth look" pretty hot >.>

Elitist1945

Started my new school Monday (after switching) and was greeted by a guy who knew me by name, and who looks quite familiar but I honestly don't remember who he is.

Its been eating at my mind for days. I don't wanna ask him name because that would be awkward I feel.

Started my new school Monday (after switching) and was greeted by a guy who knew me by name, and who looks quite familiar but I honestly don't remember who he is.

Its been eating at my mind for days. I don't wanna ask him name because that would be awkward I feel.

The longer you leave it the more awkward it will become. Try not to make your life like a sitcom where a lot of ridiculousness could be avoided if people just acted rationally or honestly.

Elitist1945

The longer you leave it the more awkward it will become. Try not to make your life like a sitcom where a lot of ridiculousness could be avoided if people just acted rationally or honestly.

I'd feel like a douche, though. We clearly used to know each other and I'd feel bad being like "Yeah...I don't remember who you are".

I'd feel like a douche, though. We clearly used to know each other and I'd feel bad being like "Yeah...I don't remember who you are".

They will be hurt only initially, if you are genuine about it they'll appreciate your honestly and perceive that as trustworthiness. People can pick up on the slight ways that you aren't connecting with them, you searching for a name or trying to preserve short term harmony will come out as you being at least ever so slightly not on the same page, which is frustrating in the longer term. It's like when people are in a conversation and one person isn't really listening because they're thinking of the next thing to say so no one is really connecting. It's really short term discomfort over longer term discomfort and perceived dishonesty.

The question mark was a typo. I really regret selling my PS4. But hopefully there's gonna be a really good bundle/price cut for this holiday season.

For you to have sold it so early in its shelf life though... It must have really not lived up to your expectations, haha

I'm just a Wii U gal right now. I haven't been checking for PS4/XBO material so I don't even know what the new big games are what they even look like. Maybe someday.

For you to have sold it so early in its shelf life though... It must have really not lived up to your expectations, haha

I'm just a Wii U gal right now. I haven't been checking for PS4/XBO material so I don't even know what the new big games are what they even look like. Maybe someday.
I don't have any next gen systems currently, but a Wii U is the only one I know that I want.

I'll most likely get a PS4 eventually too, but I don't feel any apparent rush for one currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom