• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, you're really lucky! It took almost a year for me to get approved iirc.

I think I still have a lot to say about many topics but this thread for instance moves so goddamn fast. There's a lot of interesting stuff discussed here but when I see it the subject has already changed a dozen times and then it's too late. :D

Seems like I've entered the old geezer phase. :p
You can always bring up old topics again. I've done it many times. XD

Vashetti

Banned
Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay
Where Are You From? Wales, UK
Where Do You Live? ^
How Old Are you? 20
Favourite Type of Music? Pop
Profession or Career interest? Retail
Favourite video game(s)? FFX, FFXII, KH, TLOU, R&C
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Watching movies/TV shows, reading (though not much in recent times)

I'm thinking of coming out to work colleagues on an upcoming night out. Wise decision?

I know they'll be supportive and I think it'll actually please one of them a lot but I don't want to turn the night into about me or whatever. Just thought it would be nice to get that out with them all being there...

Yrael

On the subject of books/media, I highly recommend Jeanette Winterson - her first novel, Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit, is one of the most brilliant books I have ever read. It's the semi-autobiographical story of her childhood and adolescence (she was adopted and raised by evangelical missionaries, and had to come to terms with her identity as a lesbian). This was made into a BBC series in the early 90s - you can find it on DVD.

Your gender? Female
Your sexual orientation? Bisexual
Where Do You Live? Australia
How Old Are you? 26
Favorite Type of Music? Many kinds, but I particularly like chillout (Zero 7's "Simple Things" album being a prime example)
Profession or Career interest? Science
Favorite video game(s)? Okami, Zelda series, Xenoblade Chronicles
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Drawing, painting, photography

I'm thinking of coming out to work colleagues on an upcoming night out. Wise decision?

I know they'll be supportive and I think it'll actually please one of them a lot but I don't want to turn the night into about me or whatever. Just thought it would be nice to get that out with them all being there...

Are they coworkers or friends? Its not like they had to tell you they were straight. Just do what you'd normally do and they'll pick up on it.

DOWN

Banned

I never find it comfortable to say, but among some classmates in a car after a movie night, I told them and the ones who were shocked got all of us laughing. I had decided to say it because I knew they were all fine with it already thanks to another guy they knew and there had been some awkward jokes toward me about getting me a girlfriend earlier in the night.

If you consider them friends and it would loosen up your conversation in a way you want, then best of luck. Worked out for me.

tumblr_m8w34dAWEW1qzeezuo1_500.gif

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay (Nun)
Where Are You From? Scotland, UK
Where Do You Live? London BABY!
How Old Are you? 26
Favourite Type of Music? Erm... Michael Jackson, Nightwish and a whole spectrum of shit in between. Currently obsessing over the new Fall Out Boy album. (I also have a very embarrassing addiction to Galaxy Supernova by Girls Generation)
Profession or Career interest? Actor (earning pennies by slumming it as a waiter in fancy hotels)
Favourite video game(s)? Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, Devil May Cry, Mortal Kombat.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Reading, Movies, Netflix, Swiping left on tinder.

Oh and..... SELFIES

Are they coworkers or friends? Its not like they had to tell you they were straight. Just do what you'd normally do and they'll pick up on it.

They're friends as well as co-workers. But I've never been able to really be myself around them because none of them know. The reason I want to tell them is so I don't have to hide stuff about me and can just be me, rather than skirting around the subject. I've wanted to bring it up at work numerous times, whenever conversation went that way, but bringing it up and blurting it out at work just seemed the wrong place and super awkward I guess.

They're friends as well as co-workers. But I've never been able to really be myself around them because none of them know. The reason I want to tell them is so I don't have to hide stuff about me and can just be me, rather than skirting around the subject. I've wanted to bring it up at work numerous times, whenever conversation went that way, but bringing it up and blurting it out at work just seemed the wrong place and super awkward I guess.

If it would make yourself feel more comfortable then I don't see the harm in just saying "Hey, guys. I don't want to make a big deal but I wanted to just throw it out there and move on but I'm gay. There. Thats it. Lets not make a big deal out of it. I need another beer."

Just casual and not a "Guys, sit down. We need to talk and have a serious discussion." type tone.

and just cuz. Hot military guy with doge

oxIjKkL.jpg

DOWN

Banned
If it would make yourself feel more comfortable then I don't see the harm in just saying "Hey, guys. I don't want to make a big deal but I wanted to just throw it out there and move on but I'm gay. There. Thats it. Lets not make a big deal out of it. I need another beer."

Just casual and not a "Guys, sit down. We need to talk and have a serious discussion." type tone.

and just cuz. Hot military guy with doge

oxIjKkL.jpg
I went casual saying it. To others, especially friends who are already accepting in general, it isn't a big deal. The most awkward part would be making it serious, rather than the information. Say it casually and things should move along nicely, I'd imagine.

Yeah it'll defo be casual but I know they're going to want to know all the juicy deets too like relationships and who I fancy at work etc. which in turn makes the night almost just about me and I hate being the centre of conversation. Well it's only natural I guess but it's not going to be a quick "I'm gay lol" and move on type thing I wouldn't have thought.

DOWN

Banned
Yeah it'll defo be casual but I know they're going to want to know all the juicy deets too like relationships and who I fancy at work etc. which in turn makes the night almost just about me and I hate being the centre of conversation. Well it's only natural I guess but it's not going to be a quick "I'm gay lol" and move on type thing I wouldn't have thought.
I said it in the car because it was with a smaller segment of the group and minutes from the group splitting for the night. Maybe say it during a lull near the end of the night?

I said it in the car because it was with a smaller segment of the group and minutes from the group splitting for the night. Maybe say it during a lull near the end of the night?

If everyone is drunk that might not be the best time. Not that there really is a right time. Its just whenever you feel most comfortable.

On the subject of books/media, I highly recommend Jeanette Winterson - her first novel, Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit, is one of the most brilliant books I have ever read. It's the semi-autobiographical story of her childhood and adolescence (she was adopted and raised by evangelical missionaries, and had to come to terms with her identity as a lesbian). This was made into a BBC series in the early 90s - you can find it on DVD.

I've read this book and can concur that it is
fantastic. I never knew that it was turned into a series though! I may have to look into that.

Oh and..... SELFIES
After that selfie, you won't be invisible for long. You're very cute. ^_^

KmA

Your gender? Part man, part dead-inside college drone

Your sexual orientation? Gay. Flamingly so.

Where Are You From? Michigan! If you ever want unpredictable weather and that's all that anyone ever talks about, than live here!

Where Do You Live? Michigan!

How Old Are you? Totally legal. (21)

Favourite Type of Music? I like pleasant sounds. So like metal. Only.

Profession or Career interest? Almost have my degree in IT but I'm a hobbyist writer that never really writes unless I'm forced to but I tell everyone I enjoy writing.

Favorite video game(s)? Zero Escape series (999 and Virtue's Last Reward (come to me sequel)) and Persona series

What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Totally a real life writer. I read books and shit. Obsessed with TV. Still not over Legend of Korra ending. I just want more Avatar so they can make more bisexual Avatars.

Your gender? Male

Your sexual orientation? Gay

Where Are You From? Texas

Where Do You Live? Texas

How Old Are you? 38

Favorite Type of Music? God's music
R&B

Profession or Career interest?
4zyonCK.gif

Favorite video game(s)? Assassin's Creed, GTA V, Infamous: Second Son

What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Tumblring hot dudes.

ibqRzcKI3m6QkT.gif

This is making me uncomfortable. What is happening here? The one on the left looks trapped.

Band member A playfully leans in for a playful kiss during their concert from Band member B. Band member B goes further and gives a little tongue as well. Band member A is surprised.

tumblr_maua3bS0kn1qlfgf2o1_500.jpg

Grakl

I can't speak for anyone else, but the reason why I don't like rap is that the general rythm and the tendency of talking rather than melodically singing just rubs me the wrong way. I know that's a generalisation, but I just genuinely don't like the way it sounds.

With that said I acknowledge that there are a lot of truly great rap songs and artists and that the way some of them use language is remarkable and way beyond what most of the pop scene is capable of. It's just not for me.
Nah, that makes sense to me. Some people just want some singing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom