• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

And aspects and such.

As another example, the idea of having sex with someone to get them pregnant is very appealing to me.
But if it's unlikely/impossible to get pregnant... For me, it's like, why even bother?

I'll admit that I'm jealous of people who can have children or have children.
And, yes, at this point, I'm more than a bit bitter about things as well.

Life is a complex thing.

IVF?

It's your hair and how you wanna look. If they screw up tel lthem to fix it.

One time my barber screwed up my hairline in back. it was a legit 15 degree angle difference from left to right. Unacceptable.

I'd be really mad.

Yes :(

Thread slows down when we reach the end of a page. X)

Wait, why did you let someone jump on you?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Never get the haircut I want and am not confrontational enough to say anything about it.

Used to deal with this frequently, then I started dating a great stylist. Don't have to worry about bad cuts any more and he always gets a good tip afterwards, wink wink nudge nudge.

Mr. F

Banned
did you show him a pic of the haircut you want?

^^^ Crucial. And yeah if you're not satisfied it's not outright confrontational to express it. You're paying for a service that you have to live with on your noggin for the next few weeks-months.

Achtius

or if you have been with the same guy for a while, just ask him to leave it longer next time. if you don't speak up he wont know.

garyBig

Well then, I'm absolutely horrible at introductions so I'll just get it over with:

Hey, you all, I have been lurking this thread for....weeks..... I guess..... and I recognized quite a lot of you from the gaming side. This seems to be a nice and welcoming community...so, I hope there is a spare room left for me :p

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Bi
Where Are You From? Germany
Where Do You Live? ...let's just say in the west :p
How Old Are you? 2
Favorite Type of Music? I'm not that into music tbh. I like almost everything that sounds vaguely similar to house
Favorite video game(s)? Metroid Prime, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Paper Mario 64, Ace Attorney, Bayonetta (both) and Dragon Quest V

Hmm...whats the right way to end this post. I think a cute guy would be fitting:

Greetings, fellow German!

Guys it's not a bad haircut, just shorter than I prefer. I can live with it.

And it was a she.

She was an it?
j/k

DOWN

Banned
The stylist I go to near my university does it perfectly whereas the person I usually go to back near my parents is good, but not as good. So basically out of loyalty I keep getting not quite perfect.

423affb43442565faecc8398318e8048.jpg

Kevyt

To this point, we haven't really had the money/been in the position to explore stuff like that.

But even then, that wouldn't change my sex drive >.>

Well I hope your situation gets better. As for your sex drive, wouldn't it be good to go to therapy?

Used to deal with this frequently, then I started dating a great stylist. Don't have to worry about bad cuts any more and he always gets a good tip afterwards, wink wink nudge nudge.

Free haircuts.

terrisus

Well I hope your situation gets better. As for your sex drive, wouldn't it be good to go to therapy?

Well, we've gone to marriage counseling in the past, and are going to a therapist since my stroke (for my depression and such, although it often ends up basically being marriage counseling anyway).

Kevyt

Well, we've gone to marriage counseling in the past, and are going to a therapist since my stroke (for my depression and such, although it often ends up basically being marriage counseling anyway).

I'm talking about going to a sex therapist.

Are there any gays that aren't on the usual dating/hook-up apps anymore? There's this guy at the gym that's goddamn criminally adorable, so naturally I browse through all the apps to see if he'll pop up and he didn't.

I'm gonna guess that means he's straight, but fwiw the last guy I was sorta seeing was only one 1 app and on nothing else, so...

I might have to do this the old fashioned way and sniff it out during casual convo like "fun weekend plans? what songs you listening to? etc. etc." Hurray for using generalizations as shorthand clues.

Dany

Banned
I might have to do this the old fashioned way and sniff it out during casual convo like "fun weekend plans? what songs you listening to? etc. etc." Hurray for using generalizations as shorthand clues.

lol. Yeah not everyone is on dating apps/hookup apps.

Ask him if he saw the superbowl. You'll know if he's gay if he talks about Katy Perry before football..

This sucks for guys like me, who listen to rock and indie music etc.. Sometimes stereotypes are convenient, I guess. :(

This sucks for guys like me, who listen to rock and indie music etc.. Sometimes stereotypes are convenient, I guess. :(
My musical spectrum is all over the place too so it's always hard to recommend something interesting to someone else because chances are the other person hasn't heard of them.
Plus, I'm awkward.

Are there any gays that aren't on the usual dating/hook-up apps anymore? There's this guy at the gym that's goddamn criminally adorable, so naturally I browse through all the apps to see if he'll pop up and he didn't.

I'm gonna guess that means he's straight, but fwiw the last guy I was sorta seeing was only one 1 app and on nothing else, so...

draw a picture of him and post it here. let us search for you. use MS paint for integrity.

terrisus

Ask him if he saw the superbowl. You'll know if he's gay if he talks about Katy Perry before football..

My musical spectrum is all over the place too so it's always hard to recommend something interesting to someone else because chances are the other person hasn't heard of them.
Plus, I'm awkward.

Just think how it is for me.

"No, sorry, I don't listen to music."
"...Yes, I really mean that..."
"...No, nothing..."

"No, I don't watch Football either..."
"Unless you mean the English Premier League!"

Just think how it is for me.

"No, sorry, I don't listen to music."
"...Yes, I really mean that..."
"...No, nothing..."

"No, I don't watch Football either..."
"Unless you mean the English Premier League!"

It's ok, that still leaves things like films, tv, clothing (and basically EVERYTHING else we can, lol, stereotype.)

BlueBadger got an awesome write up about his new EP in a Canadian paper. Take a look.

<3

This is so cool. Congrats BB.

Kevyt

I prefer tacos over sauseges any day every day! */Rants And I mean real Mexican Tacos not the Taco Bell like abominations with a shell like thing and shredded cheese thing that's not even real cheese. How dare they call those things Tacos.

Sorry Taco Bell lovers. I'm a Taco zealot.

Ahasverus

I'm a complete introvert and I have a date with an extroverted Colombian on Saturday night. Shitting bricks.
Maybe Ahasverus can shed some light and give you some advice.
My signal was lighted up :D

My advise? Don't worry; do you know where he's from? There are some archetypes that might help (Coast guys are super extrovert and the touchy type, south guys are dorky but kinda adorable in their dorkiness, Bogota guys are.. ehh.. distant, Coffee belt guys are extroverted yet respectful, kinda too good with words so be careful, east guys are rude) but of course those are just regional cliches that might or might not apply.

One thing I'd say is that Colombian guys are in general far more extroverted than the american/european type even if they don't consider themselves that way, posing myself as an example, you guys might know me as the crazy guy, but in my social enviroment I'm one of those "too serious 4 me" guys, and I'm every bit online as I'm in the real world.

That's to say, if the guys likes you, you'll know it :)

Good luck!

I'm a complete introvert and I have a date with an extroverted Colombian on Saturday night. Shitting bricks.

Extroverts proliferate, and introverts consume. It's a symbiotic relationship, each needs the other to be able to do what they like to do (otherwise extroverts have endless or meaningless proliferation, and introverts have nothing to consume). I wouldn't worry about it.

Question: I'm drawing a comic about an intersex woman in an asexual relationship (no sex, just platonic nonerotic friendship) with a bisexual man. Is that possible or would it be considered something else. I guess what's trumping me is the man is attracted to men and women but can he still be considered asexual? And not to toot my own horn but the comic's gonna be awesome because there's a scene where the asexual woman talks about mitosis, splitting up into several people (offspring/clones?) and beating up trash talking housewives.

IBQ:
Your gender: Biologically female, ids as a male
Your sexual orientation: Asexual
Where Are You From: California
Where Do You Live: Misery (I mean Missouri but same thing)
How Old Are you: 26
Favorite Type of Music: OK GO
Profession or Career interest: Wanna be making comics and not my crap day job
Favorite video game(s)?: Paper Mario, Skies of Arcadia
What are your hobbies (other than gaming): Drawing comics, reading manga, wasting time on the internet

Sai-kun

Banned
wait is the bisexual man bisexual or asexual

you can be bisexual and biromantic

you could also be asexual and biromantic

edit: i may be confusing the two characters. just don't forget that sexuality and romantic attraction can be two separate things if you'd like them to be!!!! :)

terrisus

Ask them what they read.
There's some common ground right there.

Oh, I know, common ground would be reached eventually.

Just, generally it would start out like:

It's ok, that still leaves things like films, tv, clothing (and basically EVERYTHING else we can, lol, stereotype.)

Don't watch movies
Don't really watch television (I mean, some stuff, like Rocky and Bullwinkle or Scooby-Doo, are good. But, in general, I would rather have quiet)
As discussed earlier in the thread, I haven't been clothes-shopping in years
Etc.

Basically until/unless they hit video games, school, or reading, I'm just a big pile of nothing >.>

wait is the bisexual man bisexual or asexual

you can be bisexual and biromantic

you could also be asexual and biromantic

edit: i may be confusing the two characters. just don't forget that sexuality and romantic attraction can be two separate things if you'd like them to be!!!! :)

The man is in a asexual relationship with an asexual. He is attracted to men and women (and has sexy fantasies about having sex so maybe he's not completely asexual). I guess he he's bisexual and biromantic. Maybe? Why do I create confusing stuff???

Oh, I know, common ground would be reached eventually.

Just, generally it would start out like:

Don't watch movies
Don't really watch television (I mean, some stuff, like Rocky and Bullwinkle or Scooby-Doo, are good. But, in general, I would rather have quiet)
As discussed earlier in the thread, I haven't been clothes-shopping in years
Etc.

Basically until/unless they hit video games, school, or reading, I'm just a big pile of nothing >.>
Hmm, Y'know, I've never asked you what you like to read.

What do you like to read about?
What were the last 5 books you've read and liked?

See, common ground! :)

terrisus

Hmm, Y'know, I've never asked you what you like to read.

What do you like to read about?
What were the last 5 books you've read and liked?

See, common ground! :)

I haven't read much since my stroke, since that significantly messed up my vision.
(I have my browser at 150% zoom, and have to deal with issues with double vision and following text progression)

Before that, I hadn't read as much in a while either, since I had to do so much reading for school while I was doing my PhD, and before that my Master's.
And before that, I was going too insane with Mathematics to have much time for anything else.

Which is to say I haven't had a chance to read much lately.

I've recently gotten into audiobooks, which I never had been before, and listened through The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, which it had probably been some 20 years since I read last.

While I was in the hospital and rehab (and my vision was even worse than it is now), my wife read some Sherlock Holmes stuff to me.

I've also been reading the Bible daily for the past 17 years.

Aside from that though, the last book I actually read myself...

Well, I read some of The Hobbit while I was in the hospital after my cancer surgery in 2011...
And before that... Geeze, I don't know... It's been a while >.>

So, do we have sex now? :þ

Sai-kun

Banned
The man is in a asexual relationship with an asexual. He is attracted to men and women (and has sexy fantasies about having sex so maybe he's not completely asexual). I guess he he's bisexual and biromantic. Maybe? Why do I create confusing stuff???

that would still make him bisexual, even if he isn't having sex. it's about what you're attracted to, not who you're fucking at that moment :)

Ty4on

Mention video games then :p

You have 146 posts in this thread, many of them about you. Of course there's stuff about you to talk about. Those boring things are always brought up because we think 'everyone' have them and are afraid to look weird. Slight generalization, but that's how I feel it is.

Kevyt

Change of plans for Valentine's Day; I think I might go to Basking Robbins instead and get another Rocky Mountain and Peacan Almond Waffle Bowl. It's the tastiest combo I've ever had. The chocolate and the peacan go along very handsomely.

HUELEN10

that would still make him bisexual, even if he isn't having sex. it's about what you're attracted to, not who you're fucking at that moment :)
Yep, it's all about attraction, not action. I got
raped
, didn't change my orientation one bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom