• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
Time to spend a couple hundred bucks on tickets for The Weeknd's concert in Montreal.

8bbdb38f1d70de01bf98dd1aedbfe04e.260x260x27.gif

same except in 10 minutes whoo

buying ticket for me, my girl, and one of my best friends X_X breakin the bank a bit, but it's my gf's favorite artist, and another favorite of hers (Banks) is opening for him, so it's even better for her.

All the money I've spent in the last month has been on concerts, lmao. Our September and October are just fucking stacked with shows. I don't buy video games anymore, I just go to shows *_*

Alrus

buying ticket for me, my girl, and one of my best friends X_X breakin the bank a bit, but it's my gf's favorite artist, and another favorite of hers (Banks) is opening for him, so it's even better for her.

I'm not a huge fan of the Weeknd (Can't Feel My Face is amazing tho), but I'm jealous, I love BANKS >.>

Elitist1945

All the money I've spent in the last month has been on concerts, lmao. Our September and October are just fucking stacked with shows. I don't buy video games anymore, I just go to shows *_*

It wouldn't accept my credit card! :'(

I'm gonna try later in case the site was just glitchy, because it kept saying tickets weren't available when they clearly were.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Time for PAX!! I'm so excited o////o!

Oooo! If I saw you in that outfit, I'd feel very compelled to tell you the truth because I'd be afraid that you'd know when I was lying. Great job with the costume!

Symphonia

Banned
I spent 18 dollars and got Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Child of Light, and Wolf of Wall Street for only that much. :)
I pre-ordered PP and Until Dawn. I also bought Lego Marvel and Lego Jurassic World. As well as that, I bought Pure Poker and Pure Pool, Megaman Legacy Collection, I Am Bread, VOLUME, Thomas Was Alone, and Zombi. I hate myself.

Edit: Also Taylor Swift will forever be disliked by me for unleashing the aural abomination that is Shake it Off. Worse song to get mega popular since Roar. (Also Bad Blood sucks)

I agree with this. Style and Blank Space are ok, but Shake It Off was like a toxic oil spill and wasted any good will I might have for Taylor Swift's music in the future.

Vazduh

Shake it Off is disgusting, I agrih.

The rest of the album, tho? Quite damn good.
Even though it's not nearly as good as Carly Raepture's magnum opus

Sai-kun

Banned
i wish pax was still fun. the most fun i had there was getting absolutely plastered with like 10 other GAFfers and just walking around the city. the convention itself is so lame. long lines, long waits, too many neckbeards, and zzzz video games

Lara Croft GO is a damn good mobile game. Slay me Square Enix Montreal

what are you running it on? I really enjoyed Hitman GO, so I'm interested in Lara Croft, but I have an original iPad mini, so idk if it'll run well

i wish pax was still fun. the most fun i had there was getting absolutely plastered with like 10 other GAFfers and just walking around the city. the convention itself is so lame. long lines, long waits, too many neckbeards, and zzzz video games

what are you running it on? I really enjoyed Hitman GO, so I'm interested in Lara Croft, but I have an original iPad mini, so idk if it'll run well
I'm running it on an HTC M7 and it plays fine, you can change the quality in the game settings to low or medium. It should work on an iPad mini but I'm really bad at phone specs and stuff.

Veeboy

I want Until Dawn but I think I'll wait for it to price drop.
Until Dawn is the adventure game with Hayden Panniers right? It looks interesting to me, but I don't know if I'll buy it. I've actually never played any of these new adventure games like Wolf Among us and stuff despite the fact that I think they look interesting. Although I keep hearing good things about Life Is Strange. I think I'm just worried about adding to my backlog.

OMG!! The caption for the photo is "Happy senior with two ice cream popsicles" XD

I pre-ordered PP and Until Dawn. I also bought Lego Marvel and Lego Jurassic World. As well as that, I bought Pure Poker and Pure Pool, Megaman Legacy Collection, I Am Bread, VOLUME, Thomas Was Alone, and Zombi. I hate myself.

Same here. I often get a buyer's remorse after spending money. I can't help but shop when I'm stressed out.

Just this month I've bought 4 games already and a sweet sweet new lens for my camera.
Though I usually try to keep my net spend low by selling off copies of older games.

Time for PAX!! I'm so excited o////o!

Where is the bandage though?

Bladenic

Your free time 💀

Also idk why the hell I typed Wolf of Wall Street I meant Wolf Among Us. Today I pre-ordered Ultimate Despair Girls and bought Smash Bros for 3DS finally. Ugh I kinda regret that though, more added to my poor Amazon store card.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I don't follow games at all, but I know about Until Dawn because of some Native friends that live up in BC. They've been voicing displeasure about how the developers utilize all sorts of Native cultural elements from several distinctly different tribes - but their stories and mythology are unceremoniously lumped together - and there's no actual Native involvement in the game or at the studio.

I'm not generally a SJW, but it's certainly more poignant hearing about the issues of appropriation when it comes from people you know directly. Kind of shameless for these developers, especially when something like Never Alone handled the same type of cultural elements properly.

Kater

Banned
Regarding Life is Strange.

I can't wait for the last episode. I bought the game and played all 4 episodes in a week just a short while ago. I enjoyed it a lot more than the Telltale-type games. Might have also to do with the fact that they didn't try to force some weak shoehorned fights into the gameplay and made it all about choices and exploration.

Edit:

Top of the page

Have some Pedro Pascal

tumblr_nna2xaFNHD1s3y9slo3_500.gif

tumblr_nngbui5Slc1rearvyo7_400.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Life is Strange is currently my GOTY tbh. Great artstyle makes up for what it might lack in polygons, the characters are enjoyable and the story is interesting enough despite some odd writing at a few parts. I've taken so many pics of the game on steam because of the artstyle. Easily over 800 pics or so.

Veeboy

Life is Strange is cool, and has some neat mechanics to differentiate it from the typical Telltale-esque game, though I'm sort of ambivalent about whether they'll stick the landing. Maybe just wait until the whole thing's out for that one - I think the last episode *should* be out within a month or so if they stick to the schedule they've been on.
Hmm, after this and the other glowing reccomendations in the threads I'll definitely consider giving Life is Strange a try. I don't know if I care too much about a bad ending of the journey is good, but I might wait to buy it until next month anyway since I just bough legend of korra, DS2, Bloodborne, and Transistor so I might be set for a little bit.

Thanks for the advice though.

I actually didn't notice the Taylor Swift stuff at first because of the cute guy, but now that I see all the TS appreciation I now realize that VICTORsaurio is the man of my dreams.

giphy.gif
YAS!!!!!

Taken with G4 front camera?

I need a new phone, and G4 front camera looks great
Yes, also love the manual settings on the rear camera, first time I could get decent pictures at a concert (most of the times the subject looks like a white halo).

Veeboy

Same here. I often get a buyer's remorse after spending money. I can't help but shop when I'm stressed out.
I know how that feels. I don't need all this stuff, but it feels good to casually browse Amazon when I'm stressed and then I end up buying something and regret it.

She probably is the devil's incarnate!

If Taylor is Satan incarnate then I guess I'll just go ahead and carve a pentagram into my chest and reserve myself a room in hell.

Would you take the last name of the person youre marrying? Would you hyphenate it? Ive never liked my last name and it sounds ridiculous when paired with another name. I could change my legal name by moving my middle name but thatvsounds crazy. But its not like gays or anyone for that matter must or should follow tradition.

Veeboy

Would you take the last name of the person you're marrying? Would you hyphenate it? Ive never liked my last name and it sounds ridiculous when paired with another name. I could change my legal name by moving my middle name but thatvsounds crazy. But its not like gays or anyone for that matter must or should follow tradition.

I always imagined I would hyphenate since my name is fairly neutral, but I wouldn't mind taking someone else's name completely. I think I would prefer changing my name in some way to show that we're 'family' now (even though its completely superficial and means nothing in the long run).

Meicyn

Gold Member
Would you take the last name of the person youre marrying? Would you hyphenate it? Ive never liked my last name and it sounds ridiculous when paired with another name. I could change my legal name by moving my middle name but thatvsounds crazy. But its not like gays or anyone for that matter must or should follow tradition.
There would be a wrestling match to determine whose name is used, promptly followed by sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom