• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menaged

I'm 27 and going into my third year of a bachelors degree because of chronic indecision, none of this shit really matters. What's more worrisome is if crippling student loan debt is a problem, that will put your life on hold way more than spending a few years in professional limbo not really sure what you want to do.

Yeah, I know. I'm not upset about it or anything. I just tried to put things into perspective for Corn.

It's not a big deal if I'll have 35 years until retirement or 32 :p

Saw your edit -
Well, luckily tuition here is reasonable, so I'm good on that front.

Actually stumped and not procrastinating? Why?
Because I'm supposed to write about a culture I'm part of, a personal anectode that relates to that culture, and a message or lesson in the end and I really don't know what to culture to write about. The easiest one is Gay culture/Gay community but I'm really not comfortable with talking about that yet. Plus, we have to do peer review so I don't wanna write anything too personal. I could talk about Mexican culture but I feel like everyone is going to write about that....

Yeah, I know. I'm not upset about it or anything. I just tried to put things into perspective for Corn.

It's not a big deal if I'll have 35 years until retirement or 32 :p

Saw your edit -
Well, luckily tuition here is reasonable, so I'm good on that front.

I think I was just rankling at an attitude I've been noticing for the past year or so. I feel half of the people I knew in their mid to late twenties woke up one day and went "what am I doing with my life?" and proceeded to panic because they haven't hit quite as many milestones as they expected to at this point in their lives (because planning on what your life 'should' look like in your late teens or early 20s seems foolproof, lol), I think it's just becoming kind of an exhausting sentiment to me.

Because I'm supposed to write about a culture I'm part of, a personal anectode that relates to that culture, and a message or lesson in the end and I really don't know what to culture to write about. The easiest one is Gay culture/Gay community but I'm really not comfortable with talking about that yet. Plus, we have to do peer review so I don't wanna write anything too personal. I could talk about Mexican culture but I feel like everyone is going to write about that....

Assignments like that have a lot of people desperately reaching for something to write about, and going to more or less the same well for 'inspiration', your aversion to writing something stupid or obvious is probably more of a hindrance than it is useful, you'll probably find that the stress of indecision seems like it's there to avoid failure, but it actually just causes you to wear out earlier than necessary.

Just embrace the qay tbh.

Monocle

Hey guise whats going on in this thread
Just gay stuff.

PplDlMb.gif

VegiHam

That height thread is making me seriously insecure. Guys are OK with dating a guy shorter than them right? Right?!

I mean, I don't care about height. Logically I can't be the only one who doesn't...

Frodo

I, for one, love shorter guys.

5'6" and looks like a CK model? I see no problem at all with that description. Even if he didn't look like a CK model, tbh.
(I'm around 6' myself. Don't know how inches work. Metric systems is so much better)

Razmos

The term "pocket gay" exists for a reason, and every guy I've ever been with has loved how short I am (they love picking me up for some reason)

Frodo

I have a friend (female) and we kinda always had a problem with her boyfriends because the first thing I do every time I see her is to pick her up and not put her down ever again (for the next minute or so). She is 5 something, like super short, so pickable, and I like her so much. It is always a lot of fun <3 <3 <3

So I guess I understand why guys do that to you... :)

Menaged

From my female friends, I know height is major issue for them. I honestly don't care, but maybe because I'm 5'5. So far, though, I don't think my height caused me any problems.

I don't really understand their problem with short people, but I guess it's a preference like a head full of hair for some people, etc.

Im finding there are a lot more religious gay guys in Texas than in other states Ive lived in. Most gays Ive met were agnostic/atheist or just not all that serious about it. And its not like Ive ever lived in any liberal strongholds before, but cities do tend to be liberal even in red states.

That height thread is making me seriously insecure. Guys are OK with dating a guy shorter than them right? Right?!

I mean, I don't care about height. Logically I can't be the only one who doesn't...

I'm 5'8, so on the short side. But I don't think I've had problems because of my height.

Although I personally prefer a taller guy, it's not a deal breaker requirement. There are many qualities higher above it on the list.

KmA

I absolutely love when guys pick me up! I'm 5'7'' and guys are generally taller than me anyway and when the pick you up its just... ugh I love it.

Veeboy

I wouldn't have a problem dating a guy shorter than me, but then again I'm 6'1" so not being willing to date shorter guys rules out a lot of options. Even if I wasn't though I don't think I'd care too much about height.

Im finding there are a lot more religious gay guys in Texas than in other states Ive lived in. Most gays Ive met were agnostic/atheist or just not all that serious about it. And its not like Ive ever lived in any liberal strongholds before, but cities do tend to be liberal even in red states.

I've met my fair share of religious gays and lesbians down here in Georgia. In fact I'd say before I moved to the town I'm in now (which happens to be a college town so its got a definite liberal slant) most LGBT people I met were religious. It might have something to do with the intersection of race and sexuality though since I went to a majority minority high school and lived mainly among other black people. And since black people overall tend to be more religious overall according to polls it only makes sense that the overlap would occur. Even then most of the white gay people I knew (including family members) are religious so maybe it is just a factor of where you grow up.

I wouldn't have a problem dating a guy shorter than me. I'm 6'4" so that's probably most people anyways. I wouldn't marry one though.

(I'm joking.)

I actually persistently get intense crushes on shorter guys for some reason, idk why.

I find it's really common for your 'average' gay guy to be about as religious as anyone else, which I found a little perplexing for a while. I thought adopting a gay identity would emphasize some problems with Christianity but I guess religion can be pretty flexible. I started considering myself agnostic at like eleven or twelve before I even realized I was gay, so for a while I had this kind of obnoxious thing where I was like "of course they're not going to be a theist", it kind of made talking to those people pointless since I wasn't really willing to consider their vantage point.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I still poke fun at my partner for originally putting 5'6" on his OKC profile, when he's actually 5'2"ish. I was like, "Girl, I can't pass for that tall, you sure as hell can't either!"

alvmew

I, for one, love shorter guys.

5'6" and looks like a CK model? I see no problem at all with that description. Even if he didn't look like a CK model, tbh.
(I'm around 6' myself. Don't know how inches work. Metric systems is so much better)

I wouldn't have a problem dating a guy shorter than me, but then again I'm 6'1" so not being willing to date shorter guys rules out a lot of options. Even if I wasn't though I don't think I'd care too much about height.

I'm 5'11" but I think shorter guys are really cute.

Guys like you three give me hope. #team5'6 ;_;

I'm 5'6

I do not want to be picked up. But I do like being smaller (for some odd reason that I cannot pinpoint).

I absolutely love when guys pick me up! I'm 5'7'' and guys are generally taller than me anyway and when the pick you up its just... ugh I love it.

Fellow short guys :3 I agree with KmA - being picked up is fucking awesome.

Sometimes when I'm in power bottom mode, I like to slam my partners, who have all been taller than me, onto walls, beds, couches, etc. I've been told they think its kind of hot to have a guy as short as me taking charge like that, so I definitely like both feeling a little submissive (for lack of a better term) with being picked up and then the other way around.

I'm 5'4. Not against dating some guy who's shorter than me, but in my area I'd think finding one who is would be less likely than finding a golden four leaf clover.

Razmos

Sometimes when I'm in power bottom mode, I like to slam my partners, who have all been taller than me, onto walls, beds, couches, etc. I've been told they think its kind of hot to have a guy as short as me taking charge like that, so I definitely like both feeling a little submissive (for lack of a better term) with being picked up and then the other way around.
I'm shorter than you and I do this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom