• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
My personal favourite is the breakup threads. Especially when the male OP gets dumped by the (obv evil) female ex.
LethalFun drinking game; take a drink every time someone calls the ex a "btich". Since this will already give you alcohol poisoning I will just skip setting rules for: calling the ex crazy/psycho, jumping to conclusions regarding alleged infidelity, and of course "she's already found new dick".

Those threads are just the worst.
Life imitates shitty romantic dudebro comedies I guess.

Golnei

Well do you like seeing
literal assholes turning inside out?

tumblr_inline_nj6m0dqE4a1rylvlm.png

All things considered, there are much worse things that could prolapse.

more dudes in stockings plz

thank you

thank you

My personal favourite is the breakup threads. Especially when the male OP gets dumped by the (obv evil) female ex.
LethalFun drinking game; take a drink every time someone calls the ex a "btich". Since this will already give you alcohol poisoning I will just skip setting rules for: calling the ex crazy/psycho, jumping to conclusions regarding alleged infidelity, and of course "she's already found new dick".

Those threads are just the worst.

The wonders of confirmation bias are stunning to behold.

Would be perfect if he had more tattoos.

Like, on the neck and stuff.

Captura-de-pantalla-2013-03-07-a-las-14.44.16.png

I can't comprehend looking at the ones he has now and wanting to see more. Beside the morbid fascination if he added Ecce Homo alongside his current Jesus tattoo.

Yeah, but a lot of gay people hate fat people :(

Since I found this thread I have seen several negative posts Aimed at big guys ( someone said some bullshit about obesity supporters for example). I stopped checking this thread very often after that plus it's just a bunch of pics of skinny shirtless gay dudes anyways. Gay gaf just doesn't seem to be my scene.

But not all gays are the stereotypical no fats Twinkie queens. To be honest I find thin dudes unattractive and less manly. I want a dude I can snuggle with so im all about fat boys. I'll take an offensive lineman over the quarterback any day of the week.

Veeboy

Since I found this thread I have seen several negative posts Aimed at big guys ( someone said some bullshit about obesity supporters for example). I stopped checking this thread very often after that plus it's just a bunch of pics of skinny shirtless gay dudes anyways. Gay gaf just doesn't seem to be my scene.

But not all gays are the stereotypical no fats Twinkie queens. To be honest I find thin dudes unattractive and less manly. I want a dude I can snuggle with so im all about fat boys. I'll take an offensive lineman over the quarterback any day of the week.
As a big dude, I would love it if we could try to uplift big dudes without tearing other body types down. I mean "Twinkie queens", really dude?

Razmos

I don't think I've ever even seen negative comments about bigger guys here, I usually see the opposite.

And why is anyone surprised that we usually post pics of guys with nice bodies? It's what most people are generally attracted to. you are attracted to something else? good for you, post pics of that and people who also like that will appreciate it.

I mean are you really surprised that guys with toned bodies are more generally lusted after than big guys? really? Just because we don't post pics of bigger guys more often doesn't mean we have a thing against them.

I absolutely hate doing man stuff. Hate it. I don't wanna drive Standard and I don't care if it's what "Real men like." I can barely drive Automatic without causing a car wreck like what do you want from me?? I hate having to carefully shift gears in the middle of the fucking road and then pressing the accelerator but not that much just enough so that the car doesn't turn off on me in the middle of the road and I don't get destroyed by an incoming car(????) But then shifting gears back in the stop sign that's 2 minutes away and then shifting gears again 2 seconds later how could anyone wanna do this bullshit it's going to end up killing me

/17 year old gay rant

Where do you live? I don't think I've ever heard or seen anyone criticized for driving automatic. I'm in the US though. I don't even think I've seen a stick shift.

I can tell you that fitness level is more important to me than height.

I'm personally all about the face. Barring extreme body types like extreme obesity. Though I'd say I'm possibly in the minority. There is that stereotype of gay dudes spending all their time at the gym, and I think there's a sliver of truth in that stereotype. Highly toned/muscled bodies seem to be extremely valued by gay men. And well, I can't argue that I don't find a fit body to be hot. It just isn't a deal breaker to me in the same way a face might be.

I love it when you're analytical. No seriously, I do.

That's like love talk to me.

You always talk about subjects I'm hugely interested in, and while I don't always partake in such conversations, they fascinate me.

Aww thanks.

I absolutely hate doing man stuff. Hate it. I don't wanna drive Standard and I don't care if it's what "Real men like." I can barely drive Automatic without causing a car wreck like what do you want from me?? I hate having to carefully shift gears in the middle of the fucking road and then pressing the accelerator but not that much just enough so that the car doesn't turn off on me in the middle of the road and I don't get destroyed by an incoming car(????) But then shifting gears back in the stop sign that's 2 minutes away and then shifting gears again 2 seconds later how could anyone wanna do this bullshit it's going to end up killing me

/17 year old gay rant
Drive whatever the hell you want to drive.
Get an Automatic the next time you get a car. You're the one driving so who cares?
If people give you shit for it, tell them to fuck off.

The solution to this isn't to post shit like this:

You can't be mad about one body type not being loved by everyone, then insult the masculinity of guys with a body type that isn't your preference. That gets us nowhere.

Except that being negative about big dudes in thread isn't called out yet I make one remark about skinny dudes and already it has multiple people calling me out.

Drive whatever the hell you want to drive.
Get an Automatic the next time you get a car. You're the one driving so who cares?
If people give you shit for it, tell them to fuck off.
I don't really have a choice (for now) My Dad doesn't want to let me use the Automatic one to drive to schoop because he wants me to learn Standard... I spent the first half of 2015 learning how to drive so I'm a little disheartened.

berzeli

Banned
I really hate getting ignored on Grindr just because of my looks. Ugh

Everyone gets ignored on grindr. Everyone. And when you're not getting ignored grindr eats your messages just to kick you when you're down.

While we're discussing apps of that nature what is everyone's opinion on Hornet?
I like the UI, I like that the app itself actually fucking works unlike grindr, dislike the fact that way fewer guys on there and finally why do guys from other countries keep messaging me? Is this a common thing on Hornet or just my luck?

Ty4on

/17 year old gay rant

Driving a manual (especially driving one properly, I've driven them for 5 years and still can't) takes a lot of practise, but it becomes second nature as your feet know what to do when.

The great thing about it is that you now have full control of the driveline. Think of an automatic like walking with someone else moving your feet. On a straight path it makes no difference, but if you wanted to be agile you'd much rather have control of them yourself.

Heel and toe is probably the hardest, but also most rewarding thing to do. If you want to downshift quickly without unsettling the car (and transmission) you have to match the revs so you need to step on the accelerator. The problem arises when your right foot is already on the brake pedal and you have to give just enough gas while holding a steady pressure on the brake pedal.

Edit: I don't mind automatics. For most people (including me) it means less fuel consumption, less wear and less stress. Manuals are just really fun when they click and you feel like a part of the vehicle instead of just telling it what to do.

Kevyt

It's okay. You can't be everyone's type. Everyone has different tastes and likes, and being limited to online pictures in a platform like Grindr, it will be a hit or miss for many, including you. I am sure you have also ignored others in said platform because of their looks.

We are all selective when it comes to this type of things, and that is okay.

KiN0

Everyone gets ignored on grindr. Everyone. And when you're not getting ignored grindr eats your messages just to kick you when you're down.

While we're discussing apps of that nature what is everyone's opinion on Hornet?
I like the UI, I like that the app itself actually fucking works unlike grindr, dislike the fact that way fewer guys on there and finally why do guys from other countries keep messaging me? Is this a common thing on Hornet or just my luck?

Lurker here, I've tried this app recently and it has much better functionality than grindr. Unfortunately, I've had the same problem as you. Hardly any guys seem to be using it.

Kater

Banned
I love your new avatar, KiN0! Fun show and I'm only 3 episodes in.

I can't add that much to the topic at hand since I barely if ever used those kind of apps. But I've downloaded Growlr just out of curiousity just now so that might change.

Razmos

Except that being negative about big dudes in thread isn't called out yet I make one remark about skinny dudes and already it has multiple people calling me out.
Literally the one time I've seen any negative comment about big dudes it WAS called out, in the same way your comment is being called out.
I don't find skinny guys attractive, or big guys, generally. I'm an in-the-middle kind of guy, does that make me part of the problem?

Your solution to your percieved slight here was to give up and not come back, rather than you know, trying to contribute and dealing with the apparent problem. We have big guy appreciation pics/posts sometimes. Sure it's not as common as hot toned abs appreciation, but welcome to reality.

Symphonia

Banned
Tinder and Grindr are similar in regards to looks. Internet dating is a tough game to play if society considers you ugly. Recently, a lot of people have been checking out my profile after I either message them or view their profile, and they either ignore me or go as far as to deactivate. It's pretty soul-crushing.

Theandrin

I so prefer Hornet to Grindr, but the same issues arise, namely the lack of other guys.

DOWN

Banned
I'm being encouraged to try out Tinder and I'm so bored today at my internship that I just might. I'm on lunch and asked how long I should go for and the answer was "30 or 45 or maybe an hour depending on where you're eating." Supervisor pls supervise me a little better

Literally the one time I've seen any negative comment about big dudes it WAS called out, in the same way your comment is being called out.
I don't find skinny guys attractive, or big guys, generally. I'm an in-the-middle kind of guy, does that make me part of the problem?

Your solution to your percieved slight here was to give up and not come back, rather than you know, trying to contribute and dealing with the apparent problem. We have big guy appreciation pics/posts sometimes. Sure it's not as common as hot toned abs appreciation, but welcome to reality.

Ikr, this shit needs to stop. Not here for obesity supporters

this is the post I'm referring to and it got a single side eye meme and maybe one comment. I even commented on that post a few pages later and not much was said to the dude not a single person really called him out. I have definitely gotten way more comments on my post than that one ever did.

I was simply replying to the dude who posted gays really dont like fat guys do they? That yes some gay men are into guys with bigger builds and to not let all the skinny guy model posts in this thread make him feel less than. I probably should have left my personal preference out of the post but I let my emotions get the better of me.
You are only part of the problem when you post shit about fat dudes being gross or not here for obesity supporters ect. sounds like maybe you are taking my post personal?

I shouldn't have equated all skinny dudes to being feminine but I just find the gay community so frustrating sometimes. I have always wondered where my attraction to big men comes from and masculinity is a big part of it I guess. Im not saying anything is wrong with being fem it's just not been something I find sexually attractive. I don't feel slighted at all I just found the representation of big dudes in this thread disappointing and had a hard time relating to any of the discussion here so I went back to the gaming side.

Dude even called chubby chris pratt obese lol.

RM8

So guys who are into big girls are actually into masculinity? Are there no chubby guys who are "fem"? Your point is pretty bad, really.

So guys who are into big girls are actually into masculinity? Your point is pretty bad, really.

What? Im not even sure what you are saying? I was simply saying in my original post that I tend to find guys on the bigger side attractive because they look more masculine to ME (I like big stong looking dudes). Out of everything I typed this is what you pull out of my post to come at me with? not sure what girls have to do with this? that also wasn't even my point I was discussing why fat shaming isn't called out.

straight guys don't generally find masculinity attractive so I'm not sure what you are trying to say here?

berzeli

Banned
What? Im not even sure what you are saying? I was simply saying in my original post that I tend to find guys on the bigger side attractive because they look more masculine to ME (I like big stong looking dudes). Out of everything I typed this is what you pull out of my post to come at me with? not sure what girls have to do with this? that also wasn't even my point I was discussing why fat shaming isn't called out.

Dude, first you state that there are multiple posts attacking big guys, then you state that those posts don't get called out at all, then you state that the stupid ass obesity supporter post actually did get called out but not to a degree which satisfied you; now, besides not providing receipts for those multiple attack-posts and moving the goalposts regarding the calling out of those attack-posts faster than I eat chocolate you decided to sprinkle your posts with an unhealthy dose of bashing guys that are not your type and you struggle to see why people aren't agreeing with you?

You made a bad post, those things happen. Just take the L.

VegiHam

So call it out when you see it? Don't start a kind of sideways counter offensive. Especially when the main comment you're objecting too looks like a joke to me.
I shouldn't have equated all skinny dudes to being feminine but I just find the gay community so frustrating sometimes. I have always wondered where my attraction to big men comes from and masculinity is a big part of it I guess. Im not saying anything is wrong with being fem it's just not been something I find sexually attractive.
And this? Bigger = masculine? Skinny = feminine?
That's just nonsense. So a skinny guy who drinks beer, watches football and eats pizza; enjoys playing sport and hanging out with bros is more feminine than a bigger guy who enjoys, for example, ice-dancing and fashion? Forgive my drawing on broad stereotypes but beyond 'I'm attracted to bigger guys and thus skinny guys are fem' I don't really see your point here.

Symphonia

Banned
I just clicked on my exes profile on OKCupid trying to be nosey, thinking I had incognito mode enabled. Turns out it wasn't. She messaged me. I'm in a rut. Do I reply? Or ignore? Should I delete the app, destroy the phone, change my name, and fly to some small island the south-east of mainland Europe where I live out the rest of my life making something utterly useless on a daily basis for the people there who don't need it nor want me there?

Kevyt

straight guys don't generally find masculinity attractive so I'm not sure what you are trying to say here?

It seems that you implied that skinny guys are feminine, which isn't a bad thing (to be feminine regardless of build) but RM8 and I find your logic flawed. Hence his posts.

Llbai0T.gif

I just clicked on my exes profile on OKCupid trying to be nosey, thinking I had incognito mode enabled. Turns out it wasn't. She messaged me. I'm in a rut. Do I reply? Or ignore? Should I delete the app, destroy the phone, change my name, and fly to some small island the south-east of mainland Europe where I live out the rest of my life making something utterly useless on a daily basis for the people there who don't need it nor want me there?

Make up a story that it was your little cousin playing with your things and somehow ended on your OKC account, on your ex's profile, all accidental because you know, kids.

Symphonia

Banned
Make up a story that it was your little cousin playing with your things and somehow ended on your OKC account, on your ex's profile, all accidental because you know, kids.
That's, quite honestly, the most ridiculously obvious excuse. Why did I not think of that? You can blame everything on kids these days. An unwanted profile view? Blame the kid. Washing machine broke? Blame the kid! Killed a man!? BLAME THE KID!

Bladenic

I thought nobody called me out cuz it was obvious that was a joke post. Guess I should've /s or something.

I like the way it made you fume tho, what someone said on the Internet in one sentence was enough to keep away from the thread 😂😂😂

I think honesty is a fine policy in this case. Like, I don't think checking out an exes profile is that weird or uncommon.

Symphonia

Banned
I think honesty is a fine policy in this case. Like, I don't think checking out an exes profile is that weird or uncommon.
We didn't part on the best of terms, though. If it was any of my other exes, I wouldn't care if they knew I'd been snooping, but this one is just...urgh. Like, she's gorgeous, but she was such an utter bitch to me.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Huh. Maybe just too much, too soon? How many push-ups are you doing at a time that you're left feeling this way? You shouldn't be feeling that pained after you work out unless you're really overexerting yourself or, well, you have an actual injury. Which may be the case if the pain is only occurring in one arm.

I dunno, though, I'm not a doctor. Just a humble broscientist looking to help out a fellow bro.

I can only do like 20 regular push ups the "wrong" way and like 7 the right way (according to that video). i figure there has to be something wrong with my form though if its causing me that much trouble after only 20...

on your knees

those are lame tho :(

VegiHam

I thought nobody called me out cuz it was obvious that was a joke post. Guess I should've /s or something.

I like the way it made you fume tho, what someone said on the Internet in one sentence was enough to keep away from the thread 😂😂😂

Not everyone can see your obvious joke is a joke, god
/s

Not here for this cymagnosiabhopia tbh

I can only do like 20 regular push ups the "wrong" way and like 7 the right way (according to that video). i figure there has to be something wrong with my form though if its causing me that much trouble after only 20...

those are lame tho :(

try working out your tricep to build some strength (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom