• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dex

tumblr_ntnswyq4YU1rtrxuao3_500.jpg

Slay me Justin.

alvmew

So I went to my university's LGBT(insert the other letters here) club today. First meet of the semester. Some thoughts:

1) Out of all of the new members, I'm pretty sure I was the only (super-)senior. Like they were all pretty much freshmen and at the table I sat, we did some icebreaking things and I'm the only one who can legally drink. It made me feel old, and heck kind of a little bad that I waited so long to come out compared to them (and that I wasted the first year of being out just pining over my now ex rather than going out and making friends and stuff).

2) I hardly talked to anyone outside of said icebreakers. Everyone there, even the new people, seemed to know each other and it was just damn hard to start conversations or feel like I'm not butting into other people's stuff.

So. Blah. Lol. I'll keep going and hope I can make friends or something (still at a whopping 0 LGBT friends in real life, and I've almost been out two years now), but kind of discouraging to say the least.

And there were so many cute boys that will never be mine there ;___;

Kevyt

So I went to my university's LGBT(insert the other letters here) club today. First meet of the semester. Some thoughts:

1) Out of all of the new members, I'm pretty sure I was the only (super-)senior. Like they were all pretty much freshmen and at the table I sat, we did some icebreaking things and I'm the only one who can legally drink. It made me feel old, and heck kind of a little bad that I waited so long to come out compared to them (and that I wasted the first year of being out just pining over my now ex rather than going out and making friends and stuff).

2) I hardly talked to anyone outside of said icebreakers. Everyone there, even the new people, seemed to know each other and it was just damn hard to start conversations or feel like I'm not butting into other people's stuff.

So. Blah. Lol. I'll keep going and hope I can make friends or something (still at a whopping 0 LGBT friends in real life, and I've almost been out two years now), but kind of discouraging to say the least.

Wow! That sounds amazing. There are not cute guys at my school sadly... ;_; It's so sad. Hence the hunt has to continue elsewhere. It would be nice to find a guy who's also academically inclined in the things that you are partaking in.

Likewise, Freshmans love Seniors! If my observations and friends' anecdotes are anything to go by. You could be more chatty to those guys. It's a safe place and there's nothing wrong being chatty and flirty with them.

You can do it! If you like them, get their #'s and invite them somewhere.

I challenge you to get a guy's number. Just one.

That's my challenge to you. :p

This racism.

Justin Kim. From this season of top model.

Amazing, thank you very much.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Well he was acting up awkward. I was with my friend one time, and he came up to me and said "hey how are you" and gave my friend a weird look. lol

And other things... but I've ignored all of his texts.

cool. i was wondering if he'd start harassing you or something

alvmew

Wow! That sounds amazing. There are not cute guys at my school sadly... ;_; It's so sad. Hence the hunt has to continue elsewhere. It would be nice to find a guy who's also academically inclined in the things that you are partaking in.

Likewise, Freshmans love Seniors! If my observations and friends' anecdotes are anything to go by. You could be more chatty to those guys. It's a safe place and there's nothing wrong being chatty and flirty with them.

You can do it! If you like them, get their #'s and invite them somewhere.

I challenge you to get a guy's number. Just one.

That's my challenge to you. :p

As much as I like muscular guys into sports and cars and stuff, I would love to find me a nerd to talk academic stuff with lol. <3 So I feel ya there.

It's funny - I can be pretty outgoing when I want to be, public speaking is totally my thing (qualified for Nationals in debate in high school, won awards from my school related to mock trials and stuff), and I've been told I'm pretty charismatic, but at the same time, I get nervous sometimes when it comes to just starting conversation with people I don't really know. But I'll definitely give it a try. Or, to let NPH say it for me:

how-i-met-your-mother-spinoff-pilot-accepted-by-cbs.gif

DOWN

Banned
This Friday I'm gonna finally make it to a gay club for the first time (the one I didn't make it to in late June when I got blackout drunk and was throwing up), Saturday is a party with that same group for a pre-birthday thing, and Sunday is the actual birthday of one in the group where we will be doing "Sunday fun day" in downtown orlando.

Also, we've made plans to go to the Universal parks in a month for a marketing sort of program they do with universities.

Elitist1945

This Friday I'm gonna finally make it to a gay club for the first time (the one I didn't make it to in late June when I got blackout drunk and was throwing up), Saturday is a party with that same group for a pre-birthday thing, and Sunday is the actual birthday of one in the group where we will be doing "Sunday fun day" in downtown orlando.

Also, we've made plans to go to the Universal parks in a month for a marketing sort of program they do with universities.

My friends wanna take me to a gay bar but I feel like I'd be way to uncomfortable lol

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Never been to a gay club and I'll probably never go. I know I don't fit there anyway and I rather be at home watching crappy tv shows on the weekend.
#BoringLifeFTW

DOWN

Banned
Considering half the thread has drooled about you, I think its more than just "good lighting" :)
I appreciate the faith. Not bad looking at all yourself, Hench.
My friends wanna take me to a gay bar but I feel like I'd be way to uncomfortable lol
I am hanging on to the notion that I'll hit my magical drunk point this time where I laugh and talk a lot and don't mind my personal space ™ being ignored.

alvmew

Considering half the thread has drooled about you, I think its more than just "good lighting" :)

See I think that by good lighting, he means to say that the light of God shines down upon him, blessing us with DOWN's heavenly visage.

I can't wait to have some gay friends to go to one of those with. I've been to two gay bars - both times I went alone. The first I had a little bit of time to kill, so I went to one I was super close to. Just had a drink and left. The second time, I was in a rough place, so I went there at
7:00 a.m.
and drank for a few hours. Only three guys were in there - eventually it was just down to me and another guy, and he was cute enough and wanted to take me home, but he was into meth (or something), so I turned that down. Would love to go during peak hours with people. I have a straight female friend that really wants to go to one, but we've never been able to get that to happen.

B-Dex

Never been to a gay club and I'll probably never go. I know I don't fit there anyway and I rather be at home watching crappy tv shows on the weekend.
#BoringLifeFTW

GET SOME SELF ESTEEM. Literally no one will give a shit that you're there. 70% drunk and hi. Just go with friends to have a good
Time. LordT I cannot.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
GET SOME SELF ESTEEM. Literally no one will give a shit that you're there. 70% drunk and hi. Just go with friends to have a good
Time. LordT I cannot.

-Not into loud music
-Not into crowded places
-Not into drinking

Im fine at home. I'm better off going to the movies and then chill somewhere else.

Monocle

Good lord. This is the first time pecs have done anything for me. That second gif is hypnotic.
I might have stared at those gifs for ten minutes or so. Maybe.

Ugh, I need a hot gym buddy like that guy.

Who is he?
I wish I knew. Still looking.

You could cut a gif into the individual frames and reverse image searched all of them hoping to find the source. Not that I've done that...
What does it say about me that I actually thought of doing that earlier?

It says I'm a dedicated hunk enthusiast, that's what.

Kevyt

-Not into loud music
-Not into crowded places
-Not into drinking

Im fine at home. I'm better off going to the movies and then chill somewhere else.

This is me as well. I wanted to go a gay club/bar but then I realized how much I dislike crowded places and loud music.

Also, I don't like dancing and never have danced before.

That makes me wonder, any dancers here? Does anyone here go dancing at the club? If so, what kind of dancing?

Monocle

-Not into loud music
-Not into crowded places
-Not into drinking

Not my scene either. I think the key is to go with someone you know. As my neighborhood's foremost authority on chicks, I can tell you that some chicks totally dig gay clubs. Find one of those chicks to be your wingwoman maybe.

Also, no one will notice if you hold on to the same drink all night, probably. You don't have to get smashed if you don't want to.

Sounds like my first time lol. I just went there and didn't really talk to anyone. I've since went back late last year and have made a good amounts of friends from it but yeah,the first meeting was rough for me. :/

Anyways, my advice to you would to just forget for a moment that you're a senior. The truth is, no one cares. Don't forget, they're there to meet people too. So just talk to them and see where it goes. And like Seath said, get some numbers or Facebook profiles and just go with the flow. You'll make friends, I know it. :D

DOWN

Banned
Sober me is an introvert, but drunk me don't care. I am too uncomfortable socially to be the one who organizes the night out, but it sure feels good to have your friends bring you out to do something on a Friday. Isolating gets hard when it's every single night, year after year. Doesn't feel good for me to always be alone without a choice. I didn't even really find the friends myself. I'm not good at making friends and just got lucky that a really outgoing person was in my class earlier in the year.

Sure, I need some of those recovery nights alone during the week because I just get a bit exhausted by being social, but I can't feel okay never getting called anymore. I made it through high school and the first couple of years of college being that person who answered "nothing" every time I got to class Monday and was asked about my weekend. Sometimes is fine, but not all the time, even though I tried to emphasize the part of me that likes alone time. Some of me needs somebody to go see who can sort of turn the lights on, so to speak. Bring a good mood with them.

B-Dex

Sober me is an introvert, but drunk me don't care. I am too uncomfortable socially to be the one who organizes the night out, but it sure feels good to have your friends bring you out to do something on a Friday. Isolating gets hard when it's every single night, year after year. Doesn't feel good for me to always be alone without a choice. I didn't even really find the friends myself. I'm not good at making friends and just got lucky that a really outgoing person was in my class earlier in the year.

Sure, I need some of those recovery nights alone during the week because I just get a bit exhausted by being social, but I can't feel okay never getting called anymore. I made it through high school and the first couple of years of college being that person who answered "nothing" every time I got to class Monday and was asked about my weekend. Sometimes is fine, but not all the time, even though I tried to emphasize the part of me that likes alone time. Some of me needs somebody to go see who can sort of turn the lights on, so to speak. Bring a good mood with them.

Bring the lips to Vancouver and BlueBadger and I can take you out. Lol

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
This is me as well. I wanted to go a gay club/bar but then I realized how much I dislike crowded places and loud music.

Also, I don't like dancing and never have danced before.

That makes me wonder, any dancers here? Does anyone here go dancing at the club? If so, what kind of dancing?

I don't dance as my hobby or profession, but I've always enjoyed it and took a couple social dancing classes (swing, waltz, salsa, etc.) in college. I wish I'd pursued dance at some point when I was younger.

I've been to two clubs. One was a straight club when I was in Europe, and the other was a typically-straight-but-has-gay-nights club in San Francisco. In both cases, I just danced the same way I do when I'm doing laundry, driving, sitting on the exercise bike at the gym, or anywhere else: however I feel like it, based on the song. I love to dance, regardless of how good I may be, and I love helping other people get comfortable enough to dance.

I think the college parties I attended were essentially equivalent to clubs (dark, loud music, crowded with drunk people), and I danced like I just described. The one I time I danced with someone else, I realized that dancing with someone else (and not grinding) is actually really hard unless you're doing a standardized dance&#8212;this quickly devolved into kissing, anyway.

You mentioned the invitations with these new friends. Are the new friends you made offering what you described above?

200_s.gif

Man, I can't believe I actually managed to do everything on time today. I turned in all my math homework, did a math test, did a sociology quiz, and turned in the essay for my English class. I can rest for a both before I'm bombarded with homework on Thursday again :(

DOWN

Banned
That Ben & Jerry's thread got me to go try a friend's favorite Ben & Jerry's flavor and boy is it wild good pint dessert

life without Smore's Frappucino may be manageable.
phish-food-detail.png

You mentioned the invitations with these new friends. Are the new friends you made offering what you described above?
Yeah, it's good to get talked to and taken places since I'm too shy to go get that kind of social action myself.

All of you should come to Orlando and then we'll find something fun to do

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I can't believe I actually managed to do everything on time today. I turned in all my math homework, did a math test, did a sociology quiz, and turned in the essay for my English class. I can rest for a both before I'm bombarded with homework on Thursday again :(

If you're early in the semester/quarter, I'm a bit worried that you already seem so overwhelmed with coursework. Will you always need to take this heavy of a courseload? That said, as time passes in college, you'll also learn to complete tasks much more quickly. For example, 10-15 page papers seemed incredibly daunting when I entered college, but they were non-events and only minor sources of stress by the time I graduated.

If you're early in the semester/quarter, I'm a bit worried that you already seem so overwhelmed with coursework. Will you always need to take this heavy of a courseload? That said, as time passes in college, you'll also learn to complete tasks much more quickly. For example, 10-15 page papers seemed incredibly daunting when I entered college, but they were non-events and only minor sources of stress by the time I graduated.
No I just suck at schoolwork. I'm slowly getting the hang of doing so many things on my own time. I'm used to not really having to worry about school because of my time in high school but it's slowly going away. Hopefully by the end of this year things will be easier for me, I just love complaining :p

-Not into loud music
-Not into crowded places
-Not into drinking

I find it's fun if I don't try to resist the experience, otherwise it's hell because the atmosphere is overwhelming and I'm not willing to let it be overwhelming. And I have to accept that my nerves are going to feel pretty fried afterwards. I usually don't drink at clubs and I still need like a day afterwards to recuperate some basic personal/mental resources, but I think it's fun if you know how to set your expectations and relax into it a bit when you're there.

mantidor

I say... Just go out, have a drink, flirt a little, go home if you feel like it. No one has to do anything.

I was just discussing this with my straight friends, they actually found their significant others at work or college, we don't have that privilege, we are a minority, queer people gather at certain places we all know of :p just go there and enjoy!

Many, many people do not like their usual gathering places, be it college or work (specially work), however they find people they like in this places all the time. I hope you get what I'm saying.

Always happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom