• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfbeast

Banned
So you're going to Dubrovnik? :D Oh, man, that's literally the other end of the country :'(((

(more than 500 km/310 miles away)

oh right, dubrovnik is near the sea. I just thought of something I would want to see that'd be close-by. but it's probably not going to happen. :/

you're not going to zagreb anytime soon?

Vazduh

oh right, dubrovnik is near the sea. I just thought of something I would want to see that'd be close-by. but it's probably not going to happen. :/

you're not going to zagreb anytime soon?

Damn, was there maybe a month and half ago. I'd love to go there soon, though, since some of my friends live there, but I'm honest to God broke rn
(finally working on that much-postponed thesis so I can break freeeeeeeeeee). Keep your fingers crossed for me!

So...a really cute guy next to me offered to share his book with me during class. We nudged our seats together and internally, I was all "awww yeaaah!!" It was going ok, then my nose felt weird. I scratched it and a MOTHERFUCKING ANT came outta my nostril. I swear I shower thoroughly everyday. Just wtf universe.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, was there maybe a month and half ago. I'd love to go there soon, though, since some of my friends live there, but I'm honest to God broke rn
(finally working on that much-postponed thesis so I can break freeeeeeeeeee). Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I learned from that video that Zedd is cute (also, yay for the same-sex alien kiss!). I wish I could bring myself to like Ariana Grande more.

My fingers are crossed for you.
I'm in a slightly similar boat.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So...a really cute guy next to me offered to share his book with me during class. We nudged our seats together and internally, I was all "awww yeaaah!!" It was going ok, then my nose felt weird. I scratched it and a MOTHERFUCKING ANT came outta my nostril. I swear I shower thoroughly everyday. Just wtf universe.

lol

at least he didn't see it though, right?

How do people talk to random strangers they find attractive? Like at bars and shit. I've had a single night out at a few gay bars with a friend but I think we're both too awkward and shy to go talk to anyone! I have no idea what to do... argh.

Vazduh

I learned from that video that Zedd is cute (also, yay for the same-sex alien kiss!). I wish I could bring myself to like Ariana Grande more.

My fingers are crossed for you.
I'm in a slightly similar boat.

Thanks, that's very sweet of you :) Likewise, fingers crossed!

Kevyt

How do people talk to random strangers they find attractive? Like at bars and shit. I've had a single night out at a few gay bars with a friend but I think we're both too awkward and shy to go talk to anyone! I have no idea what to do... argh.

It's really easy... At least it can be at times.

You were at a gay bar so that makes it super easy.

mantidor

You try to make eye contact first, if it's mantained you just smile, if the smile is reciprocated then is open game to everyone :p

Random small talk like "it's hot/cold in here" or something like that is also an easy way to start conversation.

Just go up to people and introduce yourself. That's what I do. Try to break the ice with small talk.
Remember, they're there to meet people too. Or have fun. You can be a facilitator of that. :p

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

In my experience, it's much easier to do certain stressful or overwhelming tasks when you're doing it for someone else. If you're struggling to overcome that anxiety, consider sending over a friend and do the same for him/her. ("Hey, my friend [point at friend] thinks you're cute but is a little shy sometimes. Think you want to come over and join us?") If you think you're comfortable enough, maybe you can do it for yourself. ("Hey, how's it going? I couldn't help but notice you as I was sitting over there. Can I buy you a drink?") Like mantidor wrote, eye contact and smiles are good signs, too.

LOL so random with the ant.

Symphonia

Banned
In your nose? I'm usually found in someone's pants.

That's funnier and makes sense if you knew my first name.

You try to make eye contact first, if it's mantained you just smile, if the smile is reciprocated then is open game to everyone :p

Random small talk like "it's hot/cold in here" or something like that is also an easy way to start conversation.

The eye contact thing seems like a good idea, I think I've gotten used to completely avoiding eye contact but I need to be a bit more open haha

You hurt yourself? What happened?

ouch. get better!

Is it something serious? Do you know what could have caused it? Either way hope it gets better.

Not enough midriff. 2/10

Ugh. Back pain is the fucking worst.
Hope you feel better soon buddy. :)
What caused it?

Thanks guy! <3

And I think I might have slept weird, then was doing some stuff with barbells when I could feel a pinch in my back. It happens from time to time, but as soon as I felt it I stopped my workout and hit the showers. Feeling better now though and going to do arm day tomorrow!

scarlet

Smile and small talk.

In Tokyo I was the only foreigner so they talked to me a lot and got invited for threesome lol

DOWN

Banned
Smile and small talk.

In Tokyo I was the only foreigner so they talked to me a lot and got invited for threesome lol
How was the threesome?
Thanks guy! <3

And I think I might have slept weird, then was doing some stuff with barbells when I could feel a pinch in my back. It happens from time to time, but as soon as I felt it I stopped my workout and hit the showers. Feeling better now though and going to do arm day tomorrow!
Sleep soreness always gets me the most flustered, like how the heck is my body being halted by some weird injury it got while I was laying on a pillow. Thankfully it tends to only last a day wherever the hurt is at so good luck.

scarlet

How was the threesome?

Sleep soreness always gets me the most flustered, like how the heck is my body being halted by some weird injury it got while I was laying on a pillow. Thankfully it tends to only last a day wherever the hurt is at so good luck.

Nah. I turned it down. It was a gay bear bar, and they're a skinny couple, just not my type and I'm very strict to my type.

B-Dex

I need to go to Japan again.

And Korea.

And bless top model:

tumblr_nu11tnvdoU1uqb85so2_400.gif
tumblr_nu11tnvdoU1uqb85so7_400.gif

yepyepyep

does anyone listen to LGBTQIA+ artists here, or is this basically just popgaf 2.0 when it comes to music? just wondering.

At the top of my head.

Deerhunter
Grizzly bear
Owen Pallet
Coil
Matmos
Perfume Genius

I think Courtney Barnett is a lesbian, I can't remember.

Sis, your taste of flawless. Educate the masses.

I saw Perfume Genius in the summer. He's so good live.

How was the threesome?

Yeah, it sucks. Today I'm feeing much better so I did some cardio at the gym.

alvmew

I now have a crippling fear of ants thanks to this. Thank you, kind sir. Lol

i probably should stop checking out guys at the gym while doing squats. got distracted while i was setting up for the squats. i think i placed the bar too high and somehow got it rested on my right shoulder. RIP. hopefully it's fine by saturday.

speaking. 3 guys doing legs. all had those massive legs and they were wearing compression pants only (y)

Chunli has been dethrone at least by one of the guy.

another guy who was by himself just had a bulge and a butt. not into his face.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
i probably should stop checking out guys at the gym while doing squats. got distracted while i was setting up for the squats. i think i placed the bar too high and somehow got it rested on my right shoulder. RIP. hopefully it's fine by saturday.

speaking. 3 guys doing legs. all had those massive legs and they were wearing compression pants only (y)

Chunli has been dethrone at least by one of the guy.

another guy who was by himself just had a bulge and a butt. not into his face.

How "only" are we talking here? Does your gym not have a clothing policy?

How "only" are we talking here? Does your gym not have a clothing policy?

sorry. they wore shirts too.

there should be no debate about compression pants and undies. you just don't mix them together.

it's about if should wear shorts over the compression pants or not. they weren't not. i mean it's fine. (y) who wants to hide those gorgeous legs anyways

LGBTQIA+ chums who work out, what's the best exercises you can recommend simply to tone the stomach and dial back the hip fat? I'm skinny (10 stone) but soft. I don't want to muscle up much, or lose more weight but the love handles and soft tummy need to go.

Let me be a toned bitch for winter.

Maledict

That video of the policewoman dancing to the footloose at Manchester Pride in the UK managed to bring a tear to my eye, sad as it is.

30 years ago the police raided gay clubs, and gay people wouldn't disclose hate crimes because of how brutally homophobic the police could be. The police would overlook gay people being attacked because - who cares?

Now, openly gay police officers are dancing in pride parades in my country, along with members of the armed forces and massive, world spanning businesses. It's unbelieveable how far we have come in such a short time, and occasionally I'm shocked to remember the astonishing pace we often take for granted,

That video of the policewoman dancing to the footloose at Manchester Pride in the UK managed to bring a tear to my eye, sad as it is.

30 years ago the police raided gay clubs, and gay people wouldn't disclose hate crimes because of how brutally homophobic the police could be. The police would overlook gay people being attacked because - who cares?

Now, openly gay police officers are dancing in pride parades in my country, along with members of the armed forces and massive, world spanning businesses. It's unbelieveable how far we have come in such a short time, and occasionally I'm shocked to remember the astonishing pace we often take for granted,
Mind linking the video?

Meicyn

Gold Member
LGBTQIA+ chums who work out, what's the best exercises you can recommend simply to tone the stomach and dial back the hip fat? I'm skinny (10 stone) but soft. I don't want to muscle up much, or lose more weight but the love handles and soft tummy need to go.

Lift heavy weights. Barbell squats. Deadlifts. Bench press. Military press. Barbell rows.

Yes, I'm serious.

Symphonia

Banned
Yep. Pride Birmingham had police lining the streets, but they were all dancing and singing happily. It really did bring a smile to my face. It just saddens me that there are still some officers out there who are homophobic and refuse to help anyone who isn't 100% straight.

Kevyt

Lift heavy weights. Barbell squats. Deadlifts. Bench press. Military press. Barbell rows.

Yes, I'm serious.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. Pride Birmingham had police lining the streets, but they were all dancing and singing happily. It really did bring a smile to my face. It just saddens me that there are still some officers out there who are homophobic and refuse to help anyone who isn't 100% straight.

"B-But ma'am, I swear, I'm 99% straight! Please, isn't that close enough? Can you round up for my dear cat Whiskers's sake? He needs your help!"

---

Really, though, discriminatory aid is terrible. It shouldn't matter who a person is or what they've done; if they're a person in need and your mission or job is to help people, there should be no exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom