• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

berzeli

Banned
Heh. Started playing Fallout Shelter for the first time and the warning sirens started blaring. Nothing like when the real world provides some nice ambiance to enhance your gaming.
Almost forgot that they were due to be tested today. Well, it's not like you can miss it.

Spyware

Heh. Started playing Fallout Shelter for the first time and the warning sirens started blaring. Nothing like when the real world provides some nice ambiance to enhance your gaming.
Almost forgot that they were due to be tested today. Well, it's not like you can miss it.
Haha!
I always forget Hesa Fredrik and when I hear it my mind goes "Uuuh, is it monday? Yeah, it is. Alright then." Every time.
My puppy freaked out a bit when it started. He didn't know what to do during the first signal at all so I just talked to him and made him calm down a bit. When the next signal came he was much calmer but had to go check every room and then he decided to keep guard in the exact middle of the apartment until it was over :D
Can't remember if he reacted at all last time but maybe our windows were closed or something that time. This time it was very loud due to open windows in every room.

Razmos

You guys playing FF? I recently started playing FF9 on my lunch break, but I cant progress too far with only an hour :/
I'm currently balancing FF Type-0, FF6, FF Record Keeper, Bravely Default, and have FF9 lined up for when I complete one of these, haha

berzeli

Banned
Haha!
I always forget Hesa Fredrik and when I hear it my mind goes "Uuuh, is it monday? Yeah, it is. Alright then." Every time.
My puppy freaked out a bit when it started. He didn't know what to do during the first signal at all so I just talked to him and made him calm down a bit. When the next signal came he was much calmer but had to go check every room and then he decided to keep guard in the exact middle of the apartment until it was over :D
Can't remember if he reacted at all last time but maybe our windows were closed or something that time. This time it was very loud due to open windows in every room.

My favourite is when you see exchange students freaking out when they hear it for the first time and no one has told them that it's just a test.

Haha, poor thing. What breed is he?

Alrus

I like this Troye Sivan guy.

Hmm, he's probably one of the least annoying youtuber around. He seems like a nice guy. He's also the only youtuber who has released songs that, while not particularly good, are not completely awful and unlistenable.

Spyware

My favourite is when you see exchange students freaking out when they hear it for the first time and no one has told them that it's just a test.

Haha, poor thing. What breed is he?
Haha, never seen that happen but I can imagine :D

He's a Havanese, 7 months old in two days :D

Hmm, he's probably one of the least annoying youtuber around. He seems like a nice guy. He's also the only youtuber who has released songs that, while not particularly good, are not completely awful and unlistenable.
Yeah, he's not bad. He's actually a pretty chill dude for being a Youtuber. Kinda like charlieissocoollike was back in the day.

And his new album isn't half bad either.

B_Bech

Wait til you get further into it. You'll start seeing Deathclaws the moment you hear sirens, in game or otherwise.

While we're talking about Fallout Shelter, is anyone else a bit put off by the inability to create same-sex pairings? I know it's just a silly app, but it has me worried for Fallout 4. Cherchez la Femme and Confirmed Bachelor perks were only introduced in the Obsidian made Fallout: New Vegas. The whole creating your character in the mirror along with your wife/husband annoyed me already. It limits your character to being straight,bisexual or closeted. While I'm aware that it's supposed to take place during an era where same-sex couples were far more taboo, I am really hoping there's an option at the start that lets you choose whether or not you start out with a husband as a man and vice versa.

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but it's a game about role-playing.

I see people talking about the best Final Fantasy (IX).

4SjFUZK.jpg

Goooood, goooood.

scarlet

Ooh I didn't know. I was listening to his recently released EP and I like it. No wonder when I checked his social media account he has more than 2 millions followers. I was wondering how come a newcomer has this much fanbase already.

Thank you for the info.

Kater

Banned
Wait til you get further into it. You'll start seeing Deathclaws the moment you hear sirens, in game or otherwise.

While we're talking about Fallout Shelter, is anyone else a bit put off by the inability to create same-sex pairings? I know it's just a silly app, but it has me worried for Fallout 4. Cherchez la Femme and Confirmed Bachelor perks were only introduced in the Obsidian made Fallout: New Vegas. The whole creating your character in the mirror along with your wife/husband annoyed me already. It limits your character to being straight,bisexual or closeted. While I'm aware that it's supposed to take place during an era where same-sex couples were far more taboo, I am really hoping there's an option at the start that lets you choose whether or not you start out with a husband as a man and vice versa.

I wouldn't be too worried about lack of representation just because Bethesda is making the game. Fallout 3 had some homosexual couples and that one was made by Bethesda.

In the 2008 game Fallout 3, the player meets a female Ghoul named Carol who is suggested to be in a romantic relationship with another female Ghoul named Greta. They have apparently adopted a son, named Gob. While it is never made clear if they are romantically involved, if the player is a Female, Greta will warn the player to stay away from Carol. In Rivet City, the player meets Flak and Shrapnel, a pair of weapons dealers whom the game identifies as "partners." The two run a shop together and share a single bed. It's only implied that the nature of their relationship is romantic. An NPC from another city refers to Flak as an "old queen."

(source)

I am not sure if they keep the perks and the rest of the skill system. Last I heard it was rumored that they could remove that entirely. Which I'm not opposed to, really. It's an antique system.

Spyware

Same sex romances are confirmed for Fallout 4, but I don't think they will let you change the intro/CC due to the whole "either play the wife or the husband of this family because this is the background we decided for you". I guess you have to play a closeted gay... which I kinda find interesting. You start out as a man with a wife and child but you're just living that life because society says you have to. Then the apocalypse happens, you "sleep" through it and everything has changed. And now you can actually be openly gay. Hrm.

BowieZ

Banned
Have you heard "WILD"? The song is glorious. (IMHO anyway.)

DOWN

Banned
Went out for 11 hours yesterday in a big bar crawl, got hit on a few times, two guys tried to kiss me and were refused, but one who I've known for a while was successful. It was a very good night overall and we finished by all going to Steak N Shake, where I ordered water and a Hi C because I had the worst headache by that time but was still in a good mood.
Who the hell says that? You can make your own gosh darn cupcakes 365 days a year.
No way. Homemade isn't the same as these cupcake shops. I've always felt the same way as him. I would love to be given a bunch of professional no-effort cupcakes. I bought myself one but I want to be given a bunch. The guy cooks and bakes a lot so it's not laziness in simply getting cupcakes. It's the type of cupcake.
Same sex romances are confirmed for Fallout 4, but I don't think they will let you change the intro/CC due to the whole "either play the wife or the husband of this family because this is the background we decided for you". I guess you have to play a closeted gay... which I kinda find interesting. You start out as a man with a wife and child but you're just living that life because society says you have to. Then the apocalypse happens, you "sleep" through it and everything has changed. And now you can actually be openly gay. Hrm.
or maybe it's a bit House of Cards

Confirmed Bachelor made my Fallout NV play much more enjoyable. One of many reasons why I love NV but was rather "meh" about Fallout 3.

I think having the option to have a character that more closely resembles you is important in an RPG like fallout. I wouldn't let the lack of it prevent me from buying Fallout 4 though.

I'm much more likely to not buy Fallout 4 because I thought 3 was meh and I don't expect the stuff that made NV so great to be in 4 since it is a different team.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Went out for 11 hours yesterday in a big bar crawl, got hit on a few times, two guys tried to kiss me and were refused, but one who I've known for a while was successful. It was a very good night overall and we finished by all going to Steak N Shake, where I ordered water and a Hi C because I had the worst headache by that time but was still in a good mood.

Known for a while and not refused? Hmm... Was this just a friendly joking kiss or could it potentially mean something?

DOWN

Banned
Known for a while and not refused? Hmm... Was this just a friendly joking kiss or could it potentially mean something?
I told him I just wanted a casual night with the group and he said "then kissing is just kissing, I don't expect anything from you" and then I said "okay" and went for it and made out for a few minutes and I'm pretty good with that

Vitanimus

I told him I just wanted a casual night with the group and he said "then kissing is just kissing, I don't expect anything from you" and then I said "okay" and went for it and made out for a few minutes and I'm pretty good with that

um don't promote your whorish ways in this thread thank u

drink unresponsively.

B_Bech

I wouldn't be too worried about lack of representation just because Bethesda is making the game. Fallout 3 had some homosexual couples and that one was made by Bethesda.

I am not sure if they keep the perks and the rest of the skill system. Last I heard it was rumored that they could remove that entirely. Which I'm not opposed to, really. It's an antique system.

I remember feeling the LGBT characters in Fallout 3 were pretty irrelevant. Not like New Vegas. Not only were there tons of LGBT characters, two of them were companions! With fully fleshed out stories, might I add. Hell, an entire faction, Caesar's legion, had closet homosexuality rampant-- despite being punishable by death. Fallout 3...? Yeah, I remember that lesbian Ghoul couple... Not much else.

My concern is Bethesda's glaring inferiority to Obsidian in regards to portraying diversity in a compelling way. I'm sure same-sex 'romance' will be present. But I'm not expecting it to be riveting or fleshed out. I'd love to be surprised, though.

Curious as what you meant by the perks being outdated. To me, the colorful perks add even more uniqueness to your character...

Eh, I feel like I'm getting too anxious about all this. Game will be fine.

That's a pretty good way to approach it actually, though still limiting. I'm a writer. The fun of the Fallout games, to me, was filling in the blank slate. But yeah, I get that they are trying to do something different this time around. I'm making my character openly gay for sure, but I'll have to come up with my own narrative. Maybe the intro sequence is some sort of delusional dream. Hell, it could be! I suppose this is the futility of griping over something pre-release.

Confirmed Bachelor made my Fallout NV play much more enjoyable. One of many reasons why I love NV but was rather "meh" about Fallout 3.

I think having the option to have a character that more closely resembles you is important in an RPG like fallout. I wouldn't let the lack of it prevent me from buying Fallout 4 though.

I'm much more likely to not buy Fallout 4 because I thought 3 was meh and I don't expect the stuff that made NV so great to be in 4 since it is a different team.

This echoes my sentiments exactly. Confirmed Bachelor was excellent and it was always a joy when the writers threw a line or two your way or allowed you to engage in intercourse with someone you couldn't have otherwise. The damage bonus against men is superior, too. :p

Do we know if Bethesda is employing the same writing team that was on Fallout 3? I'm sure after all these years the studio has hired new writers. Never know. 4 might even be better than NV.

Vazduh

I forgot to mention, I do kind of know one couple that does it. I know one half of that couple, I mean, and even though he said they're open, I have the impression that it's one-sided and that he keeps his conquests on the DL as much as possible. For all I know, he could actually just be flat-out cheating.

1ksWFY4.gif

You're always killing me with your gifs :death: As for that acquaintance of yours, as long as his other half is okay with his ways, it's all good, I guess.

As with everything, different strokes for different folks, but personally, I wonder whether I'd be able to ever do it.
(ok, it's not like I'm a relationship, I'm more of a monk than real monks atm so what do I know :D )

Kater

Banned
I remember feeling the LGBT characters in Fallout 3 were pretty irrelevant. Not like New Vegas. Not only were there tons of LGBT characters, two of them were companions! With fully fleshed out stories, might I add. Hell, an entire faction, Caesar's legion, had closet homosexuality rampant-- despite being punishable by death. Fallout 3...? Yeah, I remember that lesbian Ghoul couple... Not much else.

My concern is Bethesda's glaring inferiority to Obsidian in regards to portraying diversity in a compelling way. I'm sure same-sex 'romance' will be present. But I'm not expecting it to be riveting or fleshed out. I'd love to be surprised, though.

Curious as what you meant by the perks being outdated. To me, the colorful perks add even more uniqueness to your character...

Eh, I feel like I'm getting too anxious about all this. Game will be fine.
Fallout 3 in general is not all too memorable to be honest. There are some good bits but most of it was not all that outstanding. Characters included.

Maybe they will learn from past mistakes, who knows.

Signed up to Grindr as I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to meet other gay people without, like, forlornly wandering the streets or something. Got a random guy message me 'Hi' before I'd even put anything on my profile other than my age. I was all like "ARRGHHH I CAN'T HANDLE THIS PRESSURE!!!" and then turned off my phone. I nominate me for Worst Gay 2015 (although actually thinking about it there are probably a ton of destructive closet cases far more deserving of that than me).

Arcipello

ok...so currently sorting out some stuff for a birthday party on friday....with just over 70 friends attending do we even bother with a birthday cake? not enough to go around for everyone so i have two ideas... a single cupcake for the birthday boy OR ask everyone to bring a single cupcake for themself and we can stick a candle in each and create a very pretty fire hazard. which shall it be?

B-Dex

ok...so currently sorting out some stuff for a birthday party on friday....with just over 70 friends attending do we even bother with a birthday cake? not enough to go around for everyone so i have two ideas... a single cupcake for the birthday boy OR ask everyone to bring a single cupcake for themself and we can stick a candle in each and create a very pretty fire hazard. which shall it be?

Buy multiple sheet cakes? Or bake a few? Come on.

Berordn

#2 sounds like fun.

You'll all die, but you know, as friends!

edit: shit, top of the page and i've no hunks to post. i've failed you :(

halfbeast

Banned
Signed up to Grindr as I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to meet other gay people without, like, forlornly wandering the streets or something. Got a random guy message me 'Hi' before I'd even put anything on my profile other than my age. I was all like "ARRGHHH I CAN'T HANDLE THIS PRESSURE!!!" and then turned off my phone. I nominate me for Worst Gay 2015 (although actually thinking about it there are probably a ton of destructive closet cases far more deserving of that than me).

don't worry about it, it was probably a bot that only wants your credit card number. :3

Just came back from my Tinder date to the museum. The guy was cute and it was interesting, but nothing amazing tho. Don't think we'll ever meet again, and if we do it'll surely be as friends.

Try Tinder. Less creepy, I had a few dates (like the one today) and while it never ended up in true love, at least I'm still alive.

Symphonia

Banned
I just had to witness my mate go through the pain of having his on-off girlfriend thank him for him proclaiming his love for her over dinner after they've only been going out for three weeks.

nPm2M.gif

alvmew

Don't worry, I'm sure it'll work out. Are you looking just for friends, or dating too? If the latter, I recommend OkCupid - while I have yet to meet a keeper yet for there and haven't gotten a date from it, or anywhere, in the last nine months, it at least got me a decent number of dates back in the day.

Try Tinder. Less creepy, I had a few dates (like the one today) and while it never ended up in true love, at least I'm still alive.

I wish Tinder worked for me here in Vegas. An overwhelming majority of my matches are tourists looking for fun while they are here. And the local guys are just more of the hit it and quit it type (not that there's anything wrong with that, I've just had more than my fill of that, pun absolutely intended).

orioto

Good Art™
Oh shit i totally forgot about that thread, i should subscribe (i had an old version). I know some people there!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lamb > Duck > Pork > Other filthy beasts unfit for consumption

I mean, have you had lamb or pork? Our ancestors knew what the fuck was up, man.

Chicken is pretty whatever but at least we got eggs out of that deal.

Lamb I don't like sadly. Pork is pretty ace, yeah.

Chicken can be hit or miss. Love it in many things, but I can't cook the thing myself worth a damn. Always ends up a tad too dry or something. Plus I find beef absorbs flavor a lot better than chicken.

alvmew

Chicken is great. Beef is okay. Bacon is overrated and its internet meme status is annoying.

I think I would rate them like this too - I do like bacon a lot, but its not as good as the internet says it is and I tire of it easily.
The month I did keto and had bacon and eggs every morning became hell after a week for that fact alone.

I might be a little biased though because I spent a good chunk of the day cooking chicken and beef today for my meals for the rest of the week, so the wonderful smells might be clouding my judgment and I really do think bacon is the shit. Idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom