• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Terrible opinion. Duck is the poultry chicken wishes it was. It's so fatty and juicy you can cook it till it's grey and it'll retain all that flavor without ever drying out.

Quail is the only other one that comes close but it's:
1) Hard to get
2) Tiny and fiddly to eat

Elitist1945

Beef > Pork > Chicken

Really the only kind of chicken I like is fried. Beef is just out of this world. Never had lamb, duck, etc.

Can't stand fish, or any kind of seafood for that matter.

Ty4on

Beef > Pork > Chicken

Really the only kind of chicken I like is fried. Beef is just out of this world. Never had lamb, duck, etc.

Can't stand fish, or any kind of seafood for that matter.
Chicken is quite dull. I mean it can taste well in a spicy dish, but it doesn't have the wonderful base taste like beef.

You need to taste duck and lamb. They're quite dark meats, but with their own twist. Duck is not as dry as other poultry and lamb is has its own taste.

Depends on the dish and part of the meat, I guess.But I mostly cook with pork and chicken.

They are cheap, tasty, and very versatile just how I like my man.

Ty4on

Chicken is the meat equivalent of white rice. It goes with everything and you just season it or use different sauces for variety.

And beef is meh tbh.
The first part of your post basically admits chicken is meh :p
We might as well skip the chicken and just use more white rice.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit i totally forgot about that thread, i should subscribe (i had an old version). I know some people there!

Orioto, are you joining this thread? Is the artist I fanboy over going to be a poster here? If so, welcome!

If you feel like it, you could fill out the IBQ (in the first post) to introduce yourself to everyone who may have joined since you last posted.

Chicken breasts are the meat equivalent of egg whites, though. You may as well just eat something with an actually appealing flavor and texture of its own. ;p

The first part of your post basically admits chicken is meh :p
We might as well skip the chicken and just use more white rice.

It works so well cut up into tiny bits and mixed with thicker sauces though. You can't really do that with eggwhites imo.

Not that I eat meat anymore anyways, though :p

I like bacon, but Americans are really overzealous about it. Slow-cooked pork belly, for instance, is infinitely superior, and it's basically just the same cut of meat but without the salt and sugar and smoke slathered all over it.

If you don't like lamb and you don't like duck, you probably just don't like "gamier" meats - which is to say, meats with too much of their own flavor. A fair opinion, although I disagree enthusiastically.

Chicken breasts are the meat equivalent of egg whites, though. You may as well just eat something with an actually appealing flavor and texture of its own. ;p

Take me now, my bisexual culinary soulmate.
Pork belly. Omg yes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Take me now, my bisexual culinary soulmate.

vlcsnap-175904.png

RE: Chicken.

I always use thighs, regardless of what I'm making. Breasts dry out too quick and drumsticks are only good whole but boneless thighs are great for pan-frying or congee.

I love the wings too but they have to be barbeque'd or fried.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I need to take, like, a meat butchering class or something. I fucking hate deboning chicken/fish and then getting all the skin and shit off. It takes forever and is so messy. Blech.

Meicyn

Gold Member
All this fighting over different meats. I'll take any of them and slow cook it in my smoker. Case in point:

f17YAcOl.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Sis do you live in a 3rd world country? Why do those things yourself?

Where I live (in the US) you can only get like chicken tenders and breast meat that is ready to cook out of the package. If you want to use thigh/leg meat you have to do it all yourself.

Duck is super greasy.

What! what you saying about Di....oh Duck. Never mind.

So much this. The other day I came across a bacon flavored dum dum. :/

Why must you hurt me so :(

Where I live (in the US) you can only get like chicken tenders and breast meat that is ready to cook out of the package. If you want to use thigh/leg meat you have to do it all yourself.

I thought you lived just a state over from me.

I don't hate chicken, but I'd rather eat thighs/legs or almost any other meat than chicken breast. It's just so bland and uninspiring, even when you cover it in a sauce.

But I eat meat (or eggs) at every meal, so I'm coming at it from a slightly different perspective, lol.

I basically eat a shitload of lentils, lol.

Doesn't that have like hella carcinogens tho

And AGEs, I think. Which is pretty much why I want to cook everything in a pressure cooker (because I am basically a hypochondriac).

Meicyn

Gold Member
Doesn't that have like hella carcinogens tho
Yep! About twice as dangerous as alcohol when it comes to gastrointestinal cancer risk, but I'll play the odds. I've almost been killed numerous times from crazy drivers and other scenarios in life, so I don't plan on cutting off delicious cuisine.

I'm going to be honest with you, I don't know what that is, and it looks disgusting.
It's smoked brisket. If you've never had it, you've never experienced good BBQ.

DOWN

Banned
This was one of the best weekends of my life A+

Finished the four days of going out with a non-alcoholic sushi and sashimi dinner consisting of various gay friends of the birthday boy from throughout the weekend and had a good time. Hope we do it all again.
Now that's adorable, glad you had fun
Thanks
um don't promote your whorish ways in this thread thank u

drink unresponsively.
Rude but legal

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
This was one of the best weekends of my life A+

Finished the four days of going out with a non-alcoholic sushi and sashimi dinner consisting of various gay friends of the birthday boy from throughout the weekend and had a good time. Hope we do it all again.

Did you get laid?

Man buns can be cool, especially if you're a samurai

wEF1YNN.jpg

I think they're alright. Men usually look bad with ponytails, so it's a way of tying longer hair back that doesn't look awful imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom