• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

I ended up going over to his place last night and we hung out with some of his friends (one them I've actually been friends with since middle school and it was kinda weird at first, but I got comfortable after a while). We just decided to order a pizza, watch movies, and yeah, it was just a really nice time (almost fell asleep on him while we were on the couch, but I managed to wake up to get home lol)

So a Netflix and chill date huh?

halfbeast

Banned
Which ad, would you have a link for me?

nah, no ad, the contestants had to frolic on the beach for a stupid made up deodorant. it was very 90s black and white and sexual. thought it was convenient they had equal amounts of boys and girls. then I wondered if a mainstream product would sell if it was advertised gay centric (but not in a funny "lololololol s/he was gay all along!"-kinda way).

I can't deal with that thread where people are in agreement with what that Arrow actor said about the Ahmed situation.

Sorry, but white peoples from Texas getting upset that shade is being thrown at them is not the same as racial profiling a child who got arrested. Stereotypes suck, but I don't see the point of making such a dumb ass Twitter rant. Why is it when something happens to minorities, there are always white people trying to compare and equate one of their struggles? There is no comparisons, bye.

I think white fragility sums it up for the most part.

I would've said 14, but it appears Down is a much more mathematical person than I. 14 is what a calculator says at least, heh...

Also what the hell is pemdas?
It's a way for people to remember the order of operations in mathematics. Parentheses, exponents, multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction. It's also known as please excuse my dear aunt Sally. It just means which part of the math problem you do first.

Kevyt

It's a way for people to remember the order of operations in mathematics. Parentheses, exponents, multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction. It's also known as please excuse my dear aunt Sally. It just means which part of the math problem you do first.

And you learn that in elementary school...

Alavard

I would've said 14, but it appears Down is a much more mathematical person than I. 14 is what a calculator says at least, heh...

Also what the hell is pemdas?

The calculator you're using gives 14 because it's probably of a type that only does single operations as you enter them. A calculator that allows you to type in the whole expression and then calculates it would give 10. Try it in excel, for example. Take a cell, and type in =4+3*2

You'll get 10.

As explained by some of the other posters, PEMDAS is an acronym for the rules for conducting the order of operations.

P: Parentheses. All operations in parentheses are done before operations not in parentheses.

E: Exponents. Resolve all exponents next.

M/D: Multiply/Divide in the order they appear, left to right

A/S: Add/Subtract in the order they appear, left to right

I actually learned it as BEDMAS (brackets instead of parentheses, which is technically wrong since () are parentheses and [] are brackets)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I need help.

What is 4 + 3 x 2?

Seriously.

In the future, the website Dead Prince posted (wolframralpha.com) is super useful for checking your math. It's a very intelligent service, so if you type in your problem correctly, it should give you the correct answer.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I assume that's a more modern teaching method? Pemdas was definitely nothing we were ever introduced to when I was in school 25 years ago.

Math has always been my worst subject, though. I had to have a tutor in order to struggle through the last few years of the class, and barely survived when I had to take a math course in pastry school several years ago; it was the equivalent of introductory algebra but still gave me fits and headaches trying to make sense of it all. LETTERS DON'T BELONG MIXED IN WITH MY NUMBERS

DOWN

Banned
And you learn that in elementary school...

tumblr_mik2g99CwR1r0byljo1_500.gif

The calculator you're using gives 14 because it's probably of a type that only does single operations as you enter them. A calculator that allows you to type in the whole expression and then calculates it would give 10. Try it in excel, for example. Take a cell, and type in =4+3*2

You'll get 10.

As explained by some of the other posters, PEMDAS is an acronym for the rules for conducting the order of operations.

P: Parentheses. All operations in parentheses are done before operations not in parentheses.

E: Exponents. Resolve all exponents next.

M/D: Multiply/Divide in the order they appear, left to right

A/S: Add/Subtract in the order they appear, left to right

I actually learned it as BEDMAS (brackets instead of parentheses, which is technically wrong since () are parentheses and [] are brackets)
I learned BODMAS, with the O being Of*, and they didn't go into division/multiplication or addition/subtraction being done left to right. And exponents were never a part of it as they were taught at a later year.

* I found a website that also calls it Of. http://www.math-only-math.com/bodmas-rule.html

Kevyt

I assume that's a more modern teaching method? Pemdas was definitely nothing we were ever introduced to when I was in school 25 years ago.

Math has always been my worst subject, though. I had to have a tutor in order to struggle through the last few years of the class, and barely survived when I had to take a math course in pastry school several years ago; it was the equivalent of introductory algebra but still gave me fits and headaches trying to make sense of it all. LETTERS DON'T BELONG MIXED IN WITH MY NUMBERS

It could be modern. But the order of operations has been standard since abstract math (citation needed), I think. Someone can correct me on that.

Yup, I also hate math with a burning passion. It all started in high school, with algebra, lol.

I avoid mathematics like the plague, and it was a reason for changing my major.

I know... :(

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

mathfail brofist

You should write a book about your methods and experiences!

I think I have to become an adept first (~step 8 in this scheme), and I'm at most a step 4 tbh :(

Upasaka Culadasa is legit btw. Most coherent (internally, canonically) and intelligible scheme or explanation for concentrative practice that I have ever seen.

Yes it was.

Kevyt

So hum, I just bought my first *toys*.

No idea if I will use them but whatever.

Have fun!

Here, have some hunks.

Nice.

Wawa wee wee~

I'll take the first one and third one!

Edit: here are some beautiful women, for our straight, bi and pan brothers, sisters and those that don't identify with the gender binary! Because it's not all just about the G. :)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: here are some beautiful women, for our straight, bi and pan brothers, sisters and those that don't identify with the gender binary! Because it's not all just about the G. :)

All those women are stunning, but I find that first one to be ridiculously pretty. I think the smile gives her the edge.

Kater

Banned
Is the butt in pic 3 photoshopped? I don't really see proportions like that on the streets so I feel the need to ask. Or maybe just a weird angle?

Oh, and looking good Rafa.

There's an older coworker of mine who I am finding increasingly cute. Not as cute as the tall handsome younger coworker, but damn. I'm pretty sure he must be at least 15-20 years older than me. But w/e.

Kater

Banned
tumblr_nlaybmtdEz1s96utdo1_400.gif

Impressive and cute how the guys are so excited for her and how triumphant she looks afterwards.

There's an older coworker of mine who I am finding increasingly cute. Not as cute as the tall handsome younger coworker, but damn. I'm pretty sure he must be at least 15-20 years older than me. But w/e.
When you are attracted to someone you don't care about details like that. It's harder to connect to someone on some level who is from a previous generations.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm partial to Shiraz most of all. Every other variety just gets an "eh it's red wine" from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom