• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

So apparently water pills are a thing.

This girl at the gym competes in some beauty contest. She has a bit of a belly but says that it goes away once she takes a water pill. It lets out all the water from your body and says that she loses between 6-10 pounds.

I saw some of her pictures and she has that lean model build and her stomach is almost nonexistent.

That got me thinking about the extreme level of dehydration her body must be in.

Apparently this is something models do...

Yikes.

Symphonia

Banned
Today has been stressful as fuck. The client I'm working with is a major douchebag. We worked through to the final design on a project, but changed his mind after I spent the past few days perfecting it. We're now back to square one and have gone through five new initial concepts already.

Vitanimus

I got demoted to junior member status for 3 months just now, because I make too many threads. The thing is, my threads are 9/10 times a hit, with multiple pages of conversation and discourse. Lame.

you make final fantasy threads all the time. slay a bit tho!

mn8cCc7.gif

So apparently water pills are a thing.

This girl at the gym competes in some beauty contest. She has a bit of a belly but says that it goes away once she takes a water pill. It lets out all the water from your body and says that she loses between 6-10 pounds.

I saw some of her pictures and she has that lean model build and her stomach is almost nonexistent.

That got me thinking about the extreme level of dehydration her body must be in.

Apparently this is something models do...

Yikes.

we all must be taking diet pills here.

Kater

Banned
I recently got into Marina and the Diamonds, I was really missing out!
I got into her music because of Sai promoting it here all the time. Haven't checked out any of the older albums and singles yet though.

#stopnippleshaming
Pointing out things is in no way automatically shaming (yes, I know, it's not serious but I'll say it anyway since I know some people think that).

Alrus

why are people so shocked that the pope is against gay marriage and is a homophobe? like? he's an old glorified asshole this shit is obvious?

Because his discourse on a lot of stuff has been progressive relative to the previous popes' stances therefore people naively hoped he would be different regarding other things too including homosexuality? Therefore they're disappointed? It's not that hard to understand.

Rayis

I still like the pope in spite of his homophobia tbh, he's a great pope and one that's as progressive as a pope can be.

Monocle

Because his discourse on a lot of stuff has been progressive relative to the previous popes' stances therefore people naively hoped he would be different regarding other things too including homosexuality? Therefore they're disappointed? It's not that hard to understand.
Nailed it.

I still like the pope in spite of his homophobia tbh, he's a great pope and one that's as progressive as a pope can be.
He's way better than the last one, which isn't saying much since it's not especially challenging to avoid protecting child rapists, but it's something.

Oh okay well since that bar is set so high up i can understand why people would think that this pope was different from the other popes that set such a challenging standard to surpass

Kevyt

Oh okay well since that bar is set so high up i can understand why people would think that this pope was different from the other popes that set such a challenging standard to surpass

I agree with the pope as far as immigration, foreign policy, climate change, respect for other religions that are not Christianity, and the emphasis on focusing on the poor and needy.

So I got a creep on grindr. Dude was telling me personal info and not replying anything. He didn't show far from me. He didn't have anything on his profile. I blocked him, but I got creeped out.

He only replied with dots or emoticons when I asked him anything.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
So I got a creep on grindr. Dude was telling me personal info and not replying anything. He didn't show far from me. He didn't have anything on his profile. I blocked him, but I got creeped out.

Could it have been a bot?

DOWN

Banned
I'm surprised at how irrational the thread about Caitlyn Jenner not being charged is. The evidence showed she wasn't driving distracted and wasn't speeding, making it a tragic accident. The thread is full of claims that normal citizens would spend years in prison for it and that she is off the hook because she is famous and LGBT. The reality being that the max sentence for this was 1 year in county jail and that, to my knowledge, criminal charges are rarely filed in similar accidents.

Where are all these accidents that didn't involve broken laws and negligence but still sent people to jail for the accident? That thread doesn't reflect how fatal car accidents are generally discussed in my experience. You don't just claim that surviving driver is a killer and deserving of criminal charges when there's nothing suggesting they did something inappropriate when the accident occurred.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
No, I've gotten bots.

And he told me specific personal info.

He told me my name, profession, and where I live. He only had a random pic in his profile and didn't answer my questions.

Edit: I'm leaving that app.

Oh, it was YOUR personal info? I thought he was telling you things about himself. Maybe it was someone you know trying to mess with you or an ex or something. Then again, I guess a Google search is a powerful tool. That's creepy.

I'm surprised at how irrational the thread about Caitlyn Jenner not being charged is. The evidence showed she wasn't driving distracted and wasn't speeding, making it a tragic accident. The thread is full of claims that normal citizens would spend years in prison for it and that she is off the hook because she is famous and LGBT. The reality being that the max sentence for this was 1 year in county jail and that, to my knowledge, criminal charges are rarely filed in similar accidents.

Where are all these accidents that didn't involve broken laws and negligence but still sent people to jail for the accident? That thread doesn't reflect how fatal car accidents are generally discussed in my experience. You don't just claim that surviving driver is a killer and deserving of criminal charges when there's nothing suggesting they did something inappropriate when the accident occurred.
Yeah, I commented along a similar vein and was of course dogpiled by the "She's a despicable, heartless killer who got away with it because she's rich" crowd.

Of course, what they don't realize is how few vehicular tragedies get prosecuted in the first place, and that celebrities actually tend to treated more harshly in the cases that do. In Caitlyn's case, there was nothing to "get away with" anyway because she wasn't driving recklessly.

I wonder how many of these people actually drive. When you're maneuvering a 2+ ton mass of steel, sometimes in unfavorable weather and visibility conditions, accidents happen. It doesn't make you a monster just because you don't idiotically apologize in public during an ongoing investigation :-\

Grindr is full of weirdos. There are chill dudes on there, but dear god I do not miss sifting through the scummy guys.

Like Kirbyfan407 said though. It could be someone you know in person.

bigkrev

Big moment for me today

As I've posted in the past, I've been deathly afraid (for no real reason!) to come out to my brother. Well, today, under the influence of some very powerful painkillers (I'm in the hospital for weight-loss surgery today) I finally worked up the courage to tell him! Actually, he already knew and was perfectly fine with it, but I'm just very happy to finally have this off my chest.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Big moment for me today

As I've posted in the past, I've been deathly afraid (for no real reason!) to come out to my brother. Well, today, under the influence of some very powerful painkillers (I'm in the hospital for weight-loss surgery today) I finally worked up the courage to tell him! Actually, he already knew and was perfectly fine with it, but I'm just very happy to finally have this off my chest.

Congrats on coming out and congrats on the successful surgery!

We went and picked up the marriage license today...

Big moment for me today

Congrats to the both of you!

RM8

What are his (relatively) progressive views, though? I mostly read about him saying poverty is bad, and then saying something unsurprisingly regressive. Let's be honest, being "progressive for a pope" means nothing. At best it means you don't oppose condoms or something equally dumb.

DOWN

Banned
The guy is so cute. He grew up in Columbia so he never carved pumpkins so tomorrow he is having a pumpkin carving party and the invitation said BYOP

Congratulations!
Big moment for me today

Glad it went well and hope the surgery went smoothly

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats Koppai! And I hope the surgery is helpful for you, bigkrev!

The guy is so cute. He grew up in Columbia so he never carved pumpkins so tomorrow he is having a pumpkin carving party and the invitation said BYOP

That's adorable. Is he Colombian? For some reason, I have this idea in my head that all Colombians are hot, so now I'm imagining this adorable guy is a supermodel.

DOWN

Banned
Congrats Koppai! And I hope the surgery is helpful for you, bigkrev!

That's adorable. Is he Columbian? For some reason, I have this idea in my head that all Columbians are hot, so now I'm imagining this adorable guy is a supermodel.
He is half Columbian, half Spanish, all hot

LOCK

You sound nervous, pre wedding jitters?
Big moment for me today

Congrats on both! My brother was the first person I told, and he kept it secret for like a year. I really do miss him.
The guy is so cute. He grew up in Columbia so he never carved pumpkins so tomorrow he is having a pumpkin carving party and the invitation said BYOP.
I'm so stealing this party idea.

Razmos

I forgot how hot Coming Out on Top is (and funny of course).
I was catching up on Yforce (a superhero comic I've mentioned before) and Doubleleaf's art is really fantastic. She draws men in such a good way and has an amazing consistent artstyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom