• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall need to get into CHVRCHES.

https://youtu.be/7XrTEjwpAjU

Best song of the forever, tbh

Everyone is into Chvrches, they're like one of the staple GAF music groups that everyone loves. First it was Crystal Castles, then The xx and now Chvrches.

thought their new album was pretty meh, bones was good though

Agreed. It's pretty generic sounding overall, which disappoints me. I was a huge cheerleader for their EP and debut, especially here on GAF with my iconic OT for The Bones of What You Believe, but I don't care for their new album. They've fallen into the sophomore curse.

Get Away is by far the best song on the album and it's not even a true Every Eye Open track, it was released on the reworked DRIVE soundtrack almost a year earlier.

c59321aa7e.gif

Scream Queens is my everything.

Haven't checked out this thread in a while, it's great to see so many people tie the knot <3

I keep having to stop myself whenever a gay friend of mine gets married, my response is always "wait, but you live in Texas." Bless the Supreme court tbh.

mantidor

He's Colombian? Oh myyy... Have fun!

We are popular now? :O

This is off topic I suppose, but I have become extremely anxious after submitting a post on GAF. I don't know why this has occurred, as this never seemed to happen before. Strange.

I'm gonna log off for awhile. Lol.

I hope you are all doing well by the way.

Which post? Are you anxious about being banned or something?

Good news!!! I met up with a guy I had been talking to for a few days. He looked better than on his pics and was real nice. We live a bit far from each other, so it isn't super easy to meet. We ended up making out in the middle of the street (kind of a big deal for me since there's so much homophobia around here). It was so hot! Hot make out. I hadn't made out with anyone in so many years. We couldn't go anywhere and I had to leave, so that was that. But he seemed to enjoy it quite a bit too. We kissed every now and then as we went back to the bus stop. Hot too.

He groped me quite a bit too. lol

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Good news!!! I met up with a guy I had been talking to for a few days. He looked better than on his pics and was real nice. We live a bit far from each other, so it isn't super easy to meet. We ended up making out in the middle of the street (kind of a big deal for me since there's so much homophobia around here). It was so hot! Hot make out. I hadn't made out with anyone in so many years. We couldn't go anywhere and I had to leave, so that was that. But he seemed to enjoy it quite a bit too. We kissed every now and then as we went back to the bus stop. Hot too.

GET IT

Monocle

I forgot how hot Coming Out on Top is (and funny of course).
Ugh, it's so good.

I was catching up on Yforce (a superhero comic I've mentioned before) and Doubleleaf's art is really fantastic. She draws men in such a good way and has an amazing consistent artstyle.
Love her style. This is the first I've heard about Yforce. I should check that out.

It's not like they can't swallow their own though. You don't need another men to swallow some sperm.
Lo0WLqg.gif

LEWD.

I'm having a very chill 18th birthday here in my house my mom made tamales and i have to go to school in 25 mins

i'm not going out to a club or anything but i'm strangely okay with that tbh like I'm just happy i'm finally able to get my license and drive around to school (AND WORK BECAUSE I'M TURNING IN JOB APPLICATIONS SOON yaass) listening to my jams and just being here like idk yesterday I talked with 3 people in my theater class and didn't feel nervous or anything and today i met with my presentation partner at the library and we kept an ok conversation going so i'm not really sure if i'm as bad as talking to people as i think i am. I've just noticed that someone has to talk to me first otherwise there won't be a word coming out of my mouth, lol.

sorry for the #updates but yeah im feeling pretty relaxed and lazy today

He groped me quite a bit too. lol

I'm having a very chill 18th birthday here in my house my mom made tamales and i have to go to school in 25 mins

i'm not going out to a club or anything but i'm strangely okay with that tbh like I'm just happy i'm finally able to get my license and drive around to school (AND WORK BECAUSE I'M TURNING IN JOB APPLICATIONS SOON yaass) listening to my jams and just being here like idk yesterday I talked with 3 people in my theater class and didn't feel nervous or anything and today i met with my presentation partner at the library and we kept an ok conversation going so i'm not really sure if i'm as bad as talking to people as i think i am. I've just noticed that someone has to talk to me first otherwise there won't be a word coming out of my mouth, lol.

I feel like I might have already wished you one, but happy birthday!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
what is "GET IT"? lol

English phrase (maybe only American English?) that's encouraging someone to continue doing something and showing support for their success. For example, someone might say, "My boss told me today that I did a fantastic job on my last assignment and that I might get a promotion as a result." A person might say "Get it!" in response to say, "You're awesome! Congratulations! I know you want this, and I support you. Best of luck in achieving that!"

Basically, these people are telling you "Congratulations!" while also encouraging you to continue with what makes you happy. In this particular case, a more joking usage might also simply be suggesting "Go get that D!" (like Bladenic said).

At least, that's my understanding of the phrase.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Thanks for the humor. It's just the feeling of isolation kicking in and the local "friends" never do anything to help unless they are the ones having a bad time. They even wake me up in the middle of the night to chat on facebook and vent but when they know I'm the one with issues they start flaking and they get extremely busy despite showing online for most of the day on facebook. There are other things bothering me that I shall not discuss here but it pretty much adds to the situation of feeling lonely.

It's tiresome and it's affecting me pretty badly these last weeks and its becoming harder to keep up the I'm okay act. I talk with online friends about the situation and while it helps it is not the same as having someone next to you giving you company which is what I feel that I need at the moment. I'm pretty much breaking into tears every day lately and sometimes happens more than once and when I go for help they only tell me the same things my friends online tell me and sadly is not changing any of those feelings. I'm trying to change things a bit from looks and habits but I still feel the same and every day that drive that I used to have seems to fade more. Feeling stuck with no job and staying at home everyday (cause I really have no options) is taking a real toll on me and there is not a lot to do since all I do is apply to jobs that only people with connections seem to be getting. I'm getting really tired of everything these days and I'm at the point where those things I used to loved are starting to bore me or even bother me. I really wish things picked up for me soon cause it feels like I'm eternally falling with no hint of the bottom of the pit.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Fifteen years late to the party, but I finally started watching Queer as Folk. Pretty entertaining! My backlog is never-ending.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the humor. It's just the feeling of isolation kicking in and the local "friends" never do anything to help unless they are the ones having a bad time. They even wake me up in the middle of the night to chat on facebook and vent but when they know I'm the one with issues they start flaking and they get extremely busy despite showing online for most of the day on facebook. There are other things bothering me that I shall not discuss here but it pretty much adds to the situation of feeling lonely.

It's tiresome and it's affecting me pretty badly these last weeks and its becoming harder to keep up the I'm okay act. I talk with online friends about the situation and while it helps it is not the same as having someone next to you giving you company which is what I feel that I need at the moment. I'm pretty much breaking into tears every day lately and sometimes happens more than once and when I go for help they only tell me the same things my friends online tell me and sadly is not changing any of those feelings. I'm trying to change things a bit from looks and habits but I still feel the same and every day that drive that I used to have seems to fade more. Feeling stuck with no job and staying at home everyday (cause I really have no options) is taking a real toll on me and there is not a lot to do since all I do is apply to jobs that only people with connections seem to be getting. I'm getting really tired of everything these days and I'm at the point where those things I used to loved are starting to bore me or even bother me. I really wish things picked up for me soon cause it feels like I'm eternally falling with no hint of the bottom of the pit.

I know that feeling of giving more than you're receiving in relationships&#8212;it really, really sucks, as it's both frustrating and exhausting. It sounds like you're trying to make a change with the jobs thing, so I hope you hear something positive in that area of your life soon! In the meantime, is there anything else you can do? Any potential hobbies or interests you've ever been curious about? It could be a good way of making connections, learning new skills, and meeting new people who'll be more supportive. I'd also suggest trying to connect with anyone who has fallen out of your life in recent years but who was friendly or interesting in the past. You never know where new friendships may come from. I wish you luck with all of this, the omitted contributing factors, and finding ways to start climbing out of that pit.

I know you said that you need more than talking to online friends right now, but if you think another might be helpful, my inbox is open.

Also, I know that written empathy and suggestions on the internet are typically not very helpful for real-life situations, so I apologize if I've managed to annoy you with my words. I hope you find change and success soon.

Vazra

I know that feeling of giving more than you're receiving in relationships&#8212;it really, really sucks, as it's both frustrating and exhausting. It sounds like you're trying to make a change with the jobs thing, so I hope you hear something positive in that area of your life soon! In the meantime, is there anything else you can do? Any potential hobbies or interests you've ever been curious about? It could be a good way of making connections, learning new skills, and meeting new people who'll be more supportive. I'd also suggest trying to connect with anyone who has fallen out of your life in recent years but who was friendly or interesting in the past. You never know where new friendships may come from. I wish you luck with all of this, the omitted contributing factors, and finding ways to start climbing out of that pit.

I know you said that you need more than talking to online friends right now, but if you think another might be helpful, my inbox is open.

Also, I know that written empathy and suggestions on the internet are typically not very helpful for real-life situations, so I apologize if I've managed to annoy you with my words. I hope you find success and change soon.

I've been unemployed since January and the job hunt in here seems to be getting worse with lots of places closing down and the taxes going up. As for hobbies I'm reading more and experimenting more in the kitchen but other than that not much. I really can't go out much since I dont have cash to pay for gas and my parents rarely let me take the car to get out of here so the part of making new connections might be a bit harder until I get a new job which I guess I might have to lower my standards and ignore my bachelors degree to work on a minimun wage job which wouldn't really help with my independence. Lost connections I've noticed I dont have much in common so things fall out quickly :p

As for the spoiler you have not annoyed me with the words since I see it as support and thanks for it.

Kater

Banned

Happy birthday BD

Talking is easy as long as you are relaxed. And if you are not, calm down. Don't stress yourself even more. You'll only make it worse if you try to push yourself to talk in my experience.

Enjoy driving around to LDR. ;D

I feel like I might have already wished you one, but happy birthday!
thank you! <3
thank u bb <3

Happy birthday BD

Talking is easy as long as you are relaxed. And if you are not, calm down. Don't stress yourself even more. You'll only make it worse if you try to push yourself to talk in my experience.

Enjoy driving around to LDR. ;D
Thanks Kater <3 and yeah lol the part I'm most excited about driving is listening to music while driving

:/ I'm sorry man. Probably not much help, but you just have to push through it and keep going till it gets better, cause all bad times are temporary and things do turn around. But you can't give up.

Also, is there any community center/school or something that you can go and talk to? Someone like a councilor or employment rep or something?

Fifteen years late to the party, but I finally started watching Queer as Folk. Pretty entertaining! My backlog is never-ending.

I love this show. It's sooo ridiculous but it doesn't take itself seriously which really goes a long way. Debbie and Emmette are amazing, and Brian's asshole-ish sarcasm is brilliant.

Vazra

:/ I'm sorry man. Probably not much help, but you just have to push through it and keep going till it gets better, cause all bad times are temporary and things do turn around. But you can't give up.

Also, is there any community center/school or something that you can go and talk to? Someone like a councilor or employment rep or something?

I've been talking with a therapist but that ain't doing much since literally everything said has been said by online friends. I know its temporary but these months have been pretty awful and the last weeks I've started to get worse. I'm not giving up but it things seem pretty bleak at the moment here with no sign of progression.

KiN0

Hi Gaygaf, I need some dating advice.

There's this guy I regularly see while studying. I don't have any classes with him or anything, but I see him as he walks to his tutoring job. We haven't said any words to each other, butI get the feeling he's interested. Every time he walks by, I see him catching a glimpse of me while I study. There was a particularly noticeable time when he walked unusually slow and did a double take in my direction. Now, I actually know some really basic info about him (his name and the fact that he is gay) since we were both a part of the same summer abroad program; I just don't really know how to initiate any kind of conversation since the window of opportunity is literally three or four seconds long.

On top of this, I overheard some classmates talking, and I think that he might already be involved with someone. I mean, there's always the chance they were talking about someone else with the same name, but I don't think it's likely.

I guess, I just want to know if I should bother trying to start up anything or if it's better to just let go of this little crush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom