• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the latest trend I'm seeing at the gay clubs is boys in leather dog masks being meandered around by other boys. I think Austin's leather bar got closed down so they're trying out the regular venues. They are evidently called pups and they are not allowed to converse with strangers unless their master gives consent. I know this now because I was asking one of them about his mask and he just stared blankly at me til this older gentleman behind him was like "speak." I was like "okay have a blessed day" and texted my friend saying the cast of Starfox just crashed the party. He loves Starfox. So do I!

Anyone else aware of this trend or participates? I know it's a form of S&M play but it doesn't seem sexually fueled. I guess it's just some roleplay with props.

Kevyt

So the latest trend I'm seeing at the gay clubs is boys in leather dog masks being meandered around by other boys. I think Austin's leather bar got closed down so they're trying out the regular venues. They are evidently called pups and they are not allowed to converse with strangers unless their master gives consent. I know this now because I was asking one of them about his mask and he just stared blankly at me til this older gentleman behind him was like "speak." I was like "okay have a blessed day" and texted my friend saying the cast of Starfox just crashed the party. He loves Starfox. So do I!

Anyone else aware of this trend or participates? I know it's a form of S&M play but it doesn't seem sexually fueled. I guess it's just some roleplay with props.

I'm laughing so hard right now.

That's hilarious.

It's also a great way to disrespect yourself. I feel bad for that guy.

Veeboy

I'm aware of it (I believe it's called puppy play or something similar) b7ut most of the time it's kept in s&m spaces though. Not my thing but whatever gets you going. I don't judge.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I'm aware and from what I've heard is more or less the same as the sex slave and master stuff but with the pup shit thrown at it.

Zalasta

Heh, that's pretty tame. There's a guy that goes by the nickname of Noodles and Beef, he's apparently in a polyamorous relationship where he is the master of 3 pups, they apparently share all of their finances with him so it's more than a physical/sexual thing. I don't remember the details but he made some elaborate drawing explaining how it all works. Check out his tumblr if anyone's interested. This is obviously different than the S&M roleplay since it's not a kink but more of a lifestyle.

halfbeast

Banned

those are pretty standard S&M games, the slave always needs permission from his master or something. it's really complicated to be enjoyable, imo. but hey, if they enjoy it, I don't mind. :)

dog masks are cute, though. they even have those dog tail butt plugs, which is also cute, but in a kinky kinda way. :/

most of my s&m knowledge I got from gengoroh tagame mangas, btw.

A party for small bears?
dancing-ewok-gif1.gif

Heh, that's pretty tame. There's a guy that goes by the nickname of Noodles and Beef, he's apparently in a polyamorous relationship where he is the master of 3 pups, they apparently share all of their finances with him so it's more than a physical/sexual thing. I don't remember the details but he made some elaborate drawing explaining how it all works. Check out his tumblr if anyone's interested. This is obviously different than the S&M roleplay since it's not a kink but more of a lifestyle.

That's what I'm seeing too now that I'm looking into it more. Even friends can participate in this and it doesn't need to be sexual. Just about relinquishing full control to someone else, ideally if you're used to having too much control at your job, etc.

EDIT: Whoops, I'm at the top. I'll just take the opportunity to bless this page with my Hollywood crush (who also happens to be a really sweet guy):

Also as requested, here's a hot dog.

gallery_Gallery_HotDog.jpg

Grakl

Hot dogs are doglike

I have a question that I've come across in a few psychology studies that I've participated in at my university:

Rating on a scale of Strongly Disagree, Somewhat Disagree, Neutral, Somewhat Agree, and Strongly Agree: People of different racial backgrounds can look alike.

There's no right answer, of course. I imagine a few of us in here have different answers.

Strongly agree, see that shit pretty often

Throughout a lot of my life I've been mistaken for various kinds of Asian, usually Filipino. As far as I know I don't have anything in me except for Mexican and Bolivian, but who knows :0 a handful of other guys in my family have what could be described as some stereotypically Asian features too.

Really? crazy, thought you were at least a bit asian, I have filipinos in my family and I figured that yeah

mantidor

I'll never get the dom/passive thing, my brother is into it, in his case I can definetely say is daddy issues, but I don't know if I can generalize.

Neither. Stay home and play games.

You nerd! :p

Are they the same time? Maybe go to one and if you don't feel it, go to the other one.

They are not only at the same time but really far apart from each other, I don't think I can go to both.

Can't we say that anything stems back to daddy/mommy issues? I think your relationship to your parents frames a great deal of your behaviors, good or bad.

mantidor

Can't we say that anything stems back to daddy/mommy issues? I think your relationship to your parents frames a great deal of your behaviors, good or bad.

Oh for sure, but in the case with my brother its like textbook-case father issues, there is nothing nuanced about it. My dad had a pretty hard time accepting both his sons being gay of course, he is still pretty homophobic, but my relationship with him is like 180° opposite of my brother's, they haven't been able to resolve their differences at all.

Veeboy

I'll never get the dom/passive thing, my brother is into it, in his case I can definetely say is daddy issues, but I don't know if I can generalize.
I know you acknowledged parental influence in your other post, but it can be super annoying to have people automatically assume someone with a kink has some sort of 'daddy issue'. Even if you know them well enough to say they have an issue its not necessarily all that likely that their kink was caused by that issue.

Symphonia

Banned
So, in my drunken state last night, I may have accidentally texted my friend (who is engaged) how I feel about her. We've known each other five years but lost contact about a year ago. We've recently got back in touch. There's always been a flirty side to our relationship. We have, quite often, exchanged nudes and sexted.

I text her telling her I want more than just sex (lolwut?) and she text back saying she does too. I'm really confused. I haven't replied. I don't know how to reply to that. Was it all a drunken mess? Should I tell her I was just drunk and to forget it? I dunno. Ugh, alcohol.

Vitanimus

So, in my drunken state last night, I may have accidentally texted my friend (who is engaged) how I feel about her. We've known each other five years but lost contact about a year ago. We've recently got back in touch. There's always been a flirty side to our relationship. We have, quite often, exchanged nudes and sexted.

I text her telling her I want more than just sex (lolwut?) and she text back saying she does too. I'm really confused. I haven't replied. I don't know how to reply to that. Was it all a drunken mess? Should I tell her I was just drunk and to forget it? I dunno. Ugh, alcohol.

this doesn't sound that accidental

considering she is engaged, you should probably stop texting her in this fashion

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Thats really a messy conversation. IMO you should let her know you were drunk and maybe clear things out if she has anything she might want to ask you. You did afterall you did said some big words there and maybe after that cut on the conversation a bit after that.

Monocle

EDIT: Whoops, I'm at the top. I'll just take the opportunity to bless this page with my Hollywood crush (who also happens to be a really sweet guy):

matt-bomer-joins-lady-gaga-as-lead-in-american-horror-story-hotel-306412.jpg
I approve of Matt Bomer. In fact, after yesterday's episode of American Horror Story, my whole body is practically bursting with approval.

The dom/sub thing just seems way too cerebral or abstract for me. Like acting within these defined roles activates some other mental associations and that's what is supposed to be arousing... it's just so indirect, like at that point you're more in your head than you are in your body, which is kind of boring imo. And if you don't share those mental associations (I don't) it does nothing for you at all. I can understand that people like what they like, so naturally you'd seek that sort of thing out and it becomes a sort of stable 'fetish' or whatever, but for me I'd maybe be into that sort of thing once in a blue moon (a rare mood might strike me), so it's not like I'm opposed to it or anything, but the perception that I have that it seems like a pretty common fetish is sort of alienating I guess? idk.

Symphonia

Banned
Thats really a messy conversation. IMO you should let her know you were drunk and maybe clear things out if she has anything she might want to ask you. You did afterall you did said some big words there and maybe after that cut on the conversation a bit after that.
I might go with this option. There are feelings there between us from both sides but, yeah, she's engaged. I value my friendship with her too much to lose her.

The dom/sub thing just seems way too cerebral or abstract for me. Like acting within these defined roles activates some other mental associations and that's what is supposed to be arousing... it's just so indirect, like at that point you're more in your head than you are in your body, which is kind of boring imo. And if you don't share those mental associations (I don't) it does nothing for you at all. I can understand that people like what they like, so naturally you'd seek that sort of thing out and it becomes a sort of stable 'fetish' or whatever, but for me I'd maybe be into that sort of thing once in a blue moon (a rare mood might strike me), so it's not like I'm opposed to it or anything, but the perception that I have that it seems like a pretty common fetish is sort of alienating I guess? idk.
I'm part of the dom/sub culture. It is daunting at first, but you soon discover your comfort zone. I wouldn't say its more mental arousal than physical arousal, though. I certainly get a lot of pleasure from being dominant.

Veeboy

I mean there is a lot of head space to it, but depending on what you do it can be very physical sensation rich as well.

Also, fwiw, I don't think the fetish is as common as you think it is, but the BDSM community is a more organized and vocal community which encompasses a large variety of kinks. So the fact that its more organized and community oriented makes it seem more common. Its not like someone is going to start the Armpit Fetishists of America anytime soon since that requires less of a community aspect.

It also takes a certain kind of... "acumen"... to retain that mindset with your partner in a new social space. That's what surprised me about my specific encounter, these folks stood out a great deal and it didn't seem to phase them. Which isn't a bad thing at all, I'm actually impressed that you can be so invested in the roleplay that you're not affected by the environment. That's some deep commitment. lol

I'm part of the dom/sub culture. It is daunting at first, but you soon discover your comfort zone. I wouldn't say its more mental arousal than physical arousal, though. I certainly get a lot of pleasure from being dominant.

I mean there is a lot of head space to it, but depending on what you do it can be very physical sensation rich as well.

Also, fwiw, I don't think the fetish is as common as you think it is, but the BDSM community is a more organized and vocal community which encompasses a large variety of kinks. So the fact that its more organized and community oriented makes it seem more common. Its not like someone is going to start the Armpit Fetishists of America anytime soon since that requires less of a community aspect.

Established roles (even just within that one session) feel kind of antithetical to spontaneity and sensuality to me, for whatever reason. More dynamic roles are fine, I just wouldn't like them to ever be 'enshrined' (for a lack of a better word), if that makes sense.

And you're probably right about it seeming more common than it is due to the community aspect.

It also takes a certain kind of... "acumen"... to retain that mindset with your partner in a new social space. That's what surprised me about my specific encounter, these folks stood out a great deal and it didn't seem to phase them. Which isn't a bad thing at all, I'm actually impressed that you can be so invested in the roleplay that you're not affected by the environment. That's some deep commitment. lol

That is sort of impressive, that isn't the sort of thing that I'm good at at all.

Maybe he got the idiocy/teenage antics out of his system and now he can just be a person of average/below average intelligence that happens to be famous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom