• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocle

Well, there's that one game where you stack dudes and that also had a lot of floppy dongs. :p

2706723-mount-upf.gif
Mount Your Friends is endlessly hilarious. I can't play without smiling.

Sagely

What is everyone doing for halloween!? :D

My boyfriend and I will be Adam and stEVE, or GOT characters.

I'm going as Yu from Persona 4: Dancing All Night. Originally it was going to be his default costume, but the DAN version is an easy modification and much more stylish. I love doing gender swaps for Halloween - my boyfriend joked about being Yukiko but I secretly hope he goes for it. Last year I was the Raincoat Killer from Deadly Premonition.

Speaking of SMT, I got IV earlier in the year and was having a blast with it until I lost my save data :( Forty hours down the drain. It wasn't actually that much progress, but still feels like a loss. On the bright side, I was able to start again with a better build and progressed much more quickly with a good handle on the mechanics.

Gay-Gaf, sorry for the random question, but do you guys think that nowadays it's basically just normal (and even expected) to have sex the first date if it goes well and there is mutual attraction? Or vice versa: Is it considered weird nowadays to not fuck first date if the attraction is there?

Interested in what people from different parts of the world think about this. Guess I could extend the question to the whole LGBTQIA+ community actually. I am sure there will be some different trends in there as well, maybe?

Dany

Banned
I don't think that sex on the first date is specifically a LGBT phenomenon. I think generally more people are sex positive and no longer feel need 'hold back' on a first date.

Whether that's good or bad, I don't know. It depends on the person. And don't let anyone judge you for your preference :)

mantidor

Are you Russian? That's interesting - my ex is, and he's not homophobic in the least, but he also emigrated to the United States at the young age of ten or so and his parents are, of course, a different story. The standard for older people in the country who grew up with communism was atheism, so homophobia there is, from my limited and crude 'murican understanding, largely enforced as a policy and cultural habit from the top-down and is not necessarily based in religion.

I'm not russian but a friend is, and from what she has told me russians are kind of religious, but I have never asked her how it was in the times of the soviet union. She told us her parents made bootleg copies of Queen and other bands that were censored back then, but nothing about religion. While she is not ortodox I'm under the impression her whole family is, and its very devoted.

I have to ask her the next time I see her!

I don't think that sex on the first date is specifically a LGBT phenomenon. I think generally more people are sex positive and no longer feel need 'hold back' on a first date.

Whether that's good or bad, I don't know. It depends on the person. And don't let anyone judge you for your preference :)

I do feel that its much more common in the LGBT community, and even more so in larger cities. At least that's my persona experience with the people I know. But yeah of course, this is a general trend in the western world.

But to me "sex positive" seems like a slight euphemism, or understatement to say the least ;-)

Gay-Gaf, sorry for the random question, but do you guys think that nowadays it's basically just normal (and even expected) to have sex the first date if it goes well and there is mutual attraction? Or vice versa: Is it considered weird nowadays to not fuck first date if the attraction is there?

Interested in what people from different parts of the world think about this. Guess I could extend the question to the whole LGBTQIA+ community actually. I am sure there will be some different trends in there as well, maybe?

I generally wait for 3-5 dates.

I'm a good Catholic girl.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I wait a few dates cause I don't want to be seen as easy plus I want to know better who Im doing it with.

Kevyt

This degradation of family values tbh...

American_Flag_%26_Crying_Bald_Eagle_Patriotic.jpg

Son Of D

I highly recommend this game. It's so silly but so fun with friends.

It's not weird to not have sex on the first date. Sure it's a common thing but it's not mandatory or anything. People won't (or shouldn't) question your choice to wait for a few dates. Some people prefer to wait until they're more comfortable before doing it (I'm usually one of those people).

Alrus

I do feel that its much more common in the LGBT community, and even more so in larger cities. At least that's my persona experience with the people I know. But yeah of course, this is a general trend in the western world.

But to me "sex positive" seems like a slight euphemism, or understatement to say the least ;-)

I honestly see more gay people going on multiple dates before sex than straight people in my town. Most of my straight friend who are in a couple met through hooking up then having sex after a night in a bar/a party.

halfbeast

Banned
fucking Soma made me paranoid about my own self! D:

sex on first date is so last season! you have sex before you date now. :D

but honestly, there's probably not a lot of gay magazines that tell you how to get a man by pretending to be a virgin.

I officially came out as bisexual to my friends and family a couple days ago. I was a bit scared in how people would respond to it as most of my family and friends are Christian, but the response was very positive. Some of the comments that people said
"Love you Zach <3<3 Your Amazing."
"Good for you dude"
"Zach, I am so proud of you for feeling confident enough to open up to those around you to tell them something so personal. You are an incredible man and incredible friend and I'm so glad that you trust those around you and can open up. I am so proud of you who you are, and will always be proud to call you mine friend."
"I will always love you for who you are! I am proud of you for standing up and saying this publicly."
The last one made me cry as it was from my cousin, who I've been very close to her since I was very little. It's very nice to see someone very close to you be so supportive of how you are. I just want to give her a big damm hug because of it.

Razmos

They just showed a sex change surgery on Channel 4's "Girls to Men", I'm quite squeamish so I was expecting to look away, but it was really fascinating. It's amazing what science can do nowadays and I'm so happy that people are finally able to be in the body they deserve.

I'm a bit sad that pre-op transmen on hormones have way better beards than me though :(

Kater

Banned
Seeing as this is your thread gave me another incentive to post. ;o
I am humbled that you would list me as a reason to post in here. Thanks. :D

I officially came out as bisexual to my friends and family a couple days ago. I was a bit scared in how people would respond to it as most of my family and friends are Christian, but the response was very positive. Some of the comments that people said
"Good for you dude"
"Zach, I am so proud of you for feeling confident enough to open up to those around you to tell them something so personal. You are an incredible man and incredible friend and I'm so glad that you trust those around you and can open up. I am so proud of you who you are, and will always be proud to call you mine friend."
"I will always love you for who you are! I am proud of you for standing up and saying this publicly."
The last one made me cry as it was from my cousin, who I've been very close to her since I was very little. It's very nice to see someone very close to you be so supportive of how you are. I just want to give her a big damm hug because of it.
Wow, that's a fantastic reaction to your coming-out. Glad everything went so well for you, Kiba. :3

"Good for you dude"
Awwwwwwwwww. Making me cry right now. :(
How sweet.

Sagely

"Good for you dude"

Amazing, congratulations! You must feel like a huge weight has lifted off your shoulders. It's wonderful that your nearest and dearest are being supportive. Lovely news :)

They just showed a sex change surgery on Channel 4's "Girls to Men", I'm quite squeamish so I was expecting to look away, but it was really fascinating. It's amazing what science can do nowadays and I'm so happy that people are finally able to be in the body they deserve.

How long has the show been running for, and would you recommend it? I used to watch lifestyle stuff on Channel 4 all the time, but have been missing out since I moved away from the UK. This sounds like a great thing to catch up on - C4 is usually quite good for queer shows.

DOWN

Banned
Me and my guy had a cool Friday. Went to his place, he drove us to get Halloween Whoppers pictured here (asked if I could have a crown)

BqL2vOJl.jpg

And he is moving soon so we went to see the apartment he wants. Then we got ice cream at Shake Shack on a lakeside and ate it on the dock. Then we went and walked around Winter Park at sunset, which is this beautiful traditional main street with about a mile of lovely restaurants and cafes and shops, with a nice park in the middle. Then we went to a Pride party in the street which was on this little street with original buildings and lights strung up and it looked really nice.

Then Saturday he came with me and a group of old film school friends that I don't see often to Halloween Horror Nights (which was fine but the best part was the permanent rides).
This conversation has been enlightening nonetheless.
I think we are more or less on the same page overall and I appreciate the willingness of some, including you to keep giving input on the subject so I agree it is enlightening.

I officially came out as bisexual to my friends and family a couple days ago.

Congrats!

Vazra

Going to the doctor at this hour. Haven't been able to eat and I have reached point where I can't talk cause the throat has gotten worse. Also producing tons of saliva which gives me vibes I might puke. At least the fever and body ache ain't so bad right now but FML still.

Edit: Benadryl had me randomly falling asleep in the day so I know it will be a long night once again

Kater

Banned
I believe we haven't seen you from the front yet. You look like a completely different person from that angle to me. Cute crown too. :D

Going to the doctor at this hour. Haven't been able to eat and I have reached point where I can't talk cause the throat has gotten worse. Also producing tons of saliva which gives me vibes I might puke. At least the fever and body ache ain't so bad right now but FML still.

Edit: Benadryl had me randomly falling asleep in the day so I know it will be a long night once again
That sounds terrible, Rafa. Hope you can have that behind you as quick as possible. :(

Elitist1945

"Good for you dude"

Good for you! You should be proud. I really want to do this, but I'm still a little too 'scared'.

Kevyt

Me and my guy had a cool Friday. Went to his place, he drove us to get Halloween Whoppers pictured here (asked if I could have a crown)

BqL2vOJl.jpg

And he is moving soon so we went to see the apartment he wants. Then we got ice cream at Shake Shack on a lakeside and ate it on the dock. Then we went and walked around Winter Park at sunset, which is this beautiful traditional main street with about a mile of lovely restaurants and cafes and shops, with a nice park in the middle. Then we went to a Pride party in the street which was on this little street with original buildings and lights strung up and it looked really nice.

Then Saturday he came with me and a group of old film school friends that I don't see often to Halloween Horror Nights (which was fine but the best part was the permanent rides).

I think we are more or less on the same page overall and I appreciate the willingness of some, including you to keep giving input on the subject so I agree it is enlightening.

Congrats!

Omg... Soooo handsome!!

Woof woof!

thirsty.gif

I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend with your guy. So does that mean you two are a couple now?

Vazra

That sounds terrible, Rafa. Hope you can have that behind you as quick as possible. :(

The doctor was really full which impressed me at the hour I went since it was nearly 8pm. I ended up going back home cause there was no parking in there. I'll have to get up really early and hope the doctor gets there early. Free health care kinda sucks but since I dont have a job what else can I do?
2adda58a08.gif

Meicyn

Gold Member
So, the democratic debate was solid. Clinton pretty much owned it. Half the time she was debating the Republicans instead of her peers. Her answers were excellent in terms of winning a general election. Shy of actual prosecution for the email scandal, she's going to be the next President.

So, the democratic debate was solid. Clinton pretty much owned it. Half the time she was debating the Republicans instead of her peers. Her answers were excellent in terms of winning a general election. Shy of actual prosecution for the email scandal, she's going to be the next President.

Yeahp.

Webb tho. Good lord. He should be a Republican but they're too crazy for him now which is really saying something because lmao.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Yeahp.

Webb tho. Good lord. He should be a Republican but they're too crazy for him now which is really saying something because lmao.
Well, Jim Webb's a Blue Dog Democrat, a dying breed. I appreciate him getting me access to the Post 9/11 GI Bill, but other than that, he's pretty much an old man yelling at clouds.

Anderson Cooper was relentless. I hope he moderates a Republican debate.

Kevyt

Indeed. You can see Hilary's experience with debating. She knows how to debate with a strong presence and deep conviction. Webb on the other hand... lol, poor guy.

Wow...couldn't disagree more. Clinton waffled constantly. Her only crowning moment was on Planed Parenthood.

DOWN

Banned
I just ripped the button off my pants and not in a sexy way because I'm alone watching Bravo tonight
I believe we haven't seen you from the front yet. You look like a completely different person from that angle to me. Cute crown too. :D
Thanks! Now that you mention it, I realize I often go for some side eye or winking angle lol

but I've done a couple from the front and found this one posted around last Christmas so #ThrowbackThursday
it isn't thursday whatever
16297748091_7e52699cd5_n.jpg

The betrayal to McD tho
Relationships are about compromise sometimes but you can rest assured that he has eaten a lot of McDonald's in the past ~5 weeks

Also get well!
Whoa...bit personal info isn't it?

Kinky
Allegedly
Omg... Soooo handsome!!

Woof woof!

thirsty.gif

I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend with your guy. So does that mean you two are a couple now?
Thanks! Yes, we're exclusive and I have microwaved many frozen meals for him
tumblr_nw6vnco2sl1qkid3zo1_400.gif

BqL2vOJl.jpg

Congrats!

Haha that's very cute of you two. But more so than that, I find this amusing cause you seemingly bleed McDonalds, and this looks like the ultimate betrayal for you.

Golnei

Haha that's very cute of you two. But more so than that, I find this amusing cause you seemingly bleed McDonalds, and this looks like the ultimate betrayal for you.

That's what makes it so inspiring. Very few people would be brave enough to abandon their closest, most passionate beliefs - including the ideology that has shaped their entire life - for the sake of another, no matter how close. This should serve as an example to us all.

That's what makes it so inspiring. Very few people would be brave enough to abandon their closest, most passionate beliefs - including the ideology that has shaped their entire life - for the sake of another, no matter how close. This should serve as an example to us all.

lmao

since i've been doing pretty good in school i got myself donkey kong country returns 3d just to have something that's not a JRPG on the 3DS. Nintendo is eating my money lol, buying a 3DS has been an excellent decision so far.
---

Congrats you and your new bf Down!! enjoy betraying mcdonalds together

Meicyn

Gold Member
Wow...couldn't disagree more. Clinton waffled constantly. Her only crowning moment was on Planed Parenthood.
Waffling is part of the game. When you debate, you only give enough information to satisfy the audience and moderator, but minimize the information you give to the opposition party in terms of what they'll use in attack ads. Hillary is playing the long game, and her campaign knows what they're doing.

No, that would be Sanders. As indicated by the polls, followers, and search increases he has received in comparison to her.
If you are seriously using Twitter as your metric for who's winning, well... enjoy those skewed results based on self-selection bias.

Sanders lost the debate the moment he was questioned about being a socialist. That word is death in American politics. Just watch some old footage when Obama was running and how his campaign went into full defense mode anytime the accusation came up that he was a socialist. When Cooper pressed and asked Sanders if he was a capitalist, Sanders should have answered as plainly as he did when blacklivesmatter came up. It was an obvious trap, and he fell for it just like Jim Webb fell for the blacklivesmatter trap. Amateur hour, here.

Allow me to use a Game of Thrones analogy, since a lot of folks enjoy that series. Bernie Sanders is like Eddard Stark. He's honorable, consistent, and uncompromising when it comes to his values. He isn't willing to play the game. Hillary Clinton on the other hand, is a bit like Cersei Lannister in certain ways. She will do whatever it takes to win. We all know what happens to Eddard in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom