• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

I can't stand the way guys are responding in this Miley thread in OT. It's like guys think they can make gross comments about her because they think she's slutty.

Of course their comments have nothing to do with the quality of her music, which her latest album is actually one of the best pop albums of 2015, but they just jump to generalizations because her name is Miley Cyrus.

The fact that it's pop music is another issue altogether on GAF.

Davy Wavey is annoying but seems harmless. I feel bad but Tyler Oakley is INSANELY annoying to me but hey he's doing him and being successful so can't hate. LMAO at the Nick tweet tho is that real?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Davy Wavey is annoying but seems harmless.

hes fine as long as hes contained within his own videos - super easy to avoid that way. i hate when he bleeds over into other youtuber's videos though.
stay the fuck away from asap science/thought videos plzkthx

The fact that it's pop music is another issue altogether on GAF.

Exactly. The snarky remarks about PopGAF as an insult are annoying. It's the same thing as these nerds using the word hipster as an insult, honey, you don't know what the hell you're saying or what it even means. Just stop.

When polyamory advocates criticize monogamists it always makes me think of the kid that discovers black metal when he's sixteen and suddenly thinks he's cooler and smarter than everyone else, even though his life is just another kind of cliche. But at least the kids like that aren't adults mistakenly believing that they're edgy or interesting.

Rayis

DaveyWavey can be bleh but damn if he doesn't look good, he must get lots of dick so I'm not surprised he wouldn't want to settle down with anyone, he'll probably change his tune once he turns older and loses his looks.

Exactly. The snarky remarks about PopGAF as an insult are annoying. It's the same thing as these nerds using the word hipster as an insult, honey, you don't know what the hell you're saying or what it even means. Just stop.

I don't think most of the people in OT who act like this have graduated high school and if they have then yikes.

DaveyWavey can be bleh but damn if he doesn't look good, he must get lots of dick so I'm not surprised he wouldn't want to settle down with anyone, he'll probably change his tune once he turns older and loses his looks.

I actually think he's pretty gross looking.

But then again, I'm not about that plain, vanilla stereotypical gay guy gym bunny look.

Delio

hes fine as long as hes contained within his own videos - super easy to avoid that way. i hate when he bleeds over into other youtuber's videos though.
stay the fuck away from asap science/thought videos plzkthx

I remember seeing him just recently in a video with that gay kid from that news report who was doing all that dancing and stuff. I was like "Davey arent you like way past hanging out with that kid?"

I don't think most of the people in OT who act like this have graduated high school and if they have then yikes.

I think they have, they've just never mentally left high school. You know those adults that talk about their 'group' of friends and have probably never left their home town, presumably because they've all clung to each other out of some kind of weird social codependency.

Bladenic

But then again, I'm not about that plain, vanilla stereotypical gay guy gym bunny look.

I'm not gonna say gross but I don't find him attractive at all. Everything about him is plain as you said. Nice body sure, but I find his face/head don't match the body. It's like the face of a twink attached to the body of a jock. Also his voice.

As for the popgaf insults there's nothing to be done. On a forum that has subsets worshipping cartoon unicorns and symphatizing with pedophiles, it's hard to take people insulting pop music and those that like it seriously.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Let me not.
7TeM3VQ.gif

I'm not gonna say gross but I don't find him attractive at all. Everything about him is plain as you said. Nice body sure, but I find his face/head don't match the body. It's like the face of a twink attached to the body of a jock. Also his voice.

As for the popgaf insults there's nothing to be done. On a forum that has subsets worshipping cartoon unicorns and symphatizing with pedophiles, it's hard to take people insulting pop music and those that like it seriously.

Yeah, his face and body don't match up at all.

Also, good point on the insults.

Delio

As for the popgaf insults there's nothing to be done. On a forum that has subsets worshipping cartoon unicorns and apologizing for pedophiles, it's hard to take people insulting pop music and those that like it seriously.

I dont think he has the face of a twink at all. I dont like it and im all about the twinks lol.

since i've been doing pretty good in school i got myself donkey kong country returns 3d just to have something that's not a JRPG on the 3DS. Nintendo is eating my money lol, buying a 3DS has been an excellent decision so far.
---

Congrats you and your new bf Down!! enjoy betraying mcdonalds together

If you're into JRPGs and Platformers get ready to have a stream of games (DS included) to pick from. 3DS has drowned me in games this gen.

Rayis

I actually used to not find him attractive either but lately a switch turned and now I find him irresistible, also, the scalding tea about GAF hating Pop woosh

yepyepyep

I can't stand the way guys are responding in this Miley thread in OT. It's like guys think they can make gross comments about her because they think she's slutty.

Of course their comments have nothing to do with the quality of her music, which her latest album is actually one of the best pop albums of 2015, but they just jump to generalizations because her name is Miley Cyrus.

The funny thing is that a lot of Flaming Lips fans are making accusations of selling out etc. Flaming Lips have been doing silly stage antics for like 20 years now and no one really has complained. They were doing the nude thing with Embryonic and that was a generally well received record.

I mean if you want to complain about the excess, that is fine, but it is mostly the addition of Miley Cyrus that is setting everybody off.

Astral Dog

Huh, you not recommending the show surprise me greatly because you know:
Will_Tudor_01_01.jpg

Reasons.

Also if I were to give an actual answer regarding the books; they're not that good really. I mean sure they're well written if you compare it to dreck like Twilight or The Da Vinci Code, but they're not exactly great literature. So if you start with the books and don't like them, try the show (and vice versa), I personally find the show better paced and more entertaining (bar the last season).
One of the better parts of the
dissapointing
season 5 for me ;), especially when he hugs the bear, show was great but pacing is too fast killing many memorable characters :(
Well, was dancing with a fit lad tonight, but it turns out he was just trying to help me get with my housemates. Thought I'd pulled and all.

Anyone else ever had straight guys in a club decide they're going to 'help' you seduce girls you're with; except the girls are just friends you're not interested in? Entertaining but annoying.
aww, thats funny, better luck next time! but maybe you should had played with him a little :p be the surprise tease.

Davey is kinda cute but in a very, very annoying way,(if that makes sense) there are others more charismatic on youtube but of course they dont talk as much.

Delio

Davey is kinda cute but in a very, very annoying way,(if that makes sense) there are others more charismatic on youtube but of course they dont talk as much.

I know exactly what type you are talking about. The kind you slap tape on so they hush up but you cant help cuddling them. That's not Davey to me but whatevs lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I remember seeing him just recently in a video with that gay kid from that news report who was doing all that dancing and stuff. I was like "Davey arent you like way past hanging out with that kid?"

and how do these youtubers even keep appearing in each other's videos? do they just so happen to all live in the same city or something? i mean...

I met up with the guy I've told you about before again. We went to watch the martian but spent most of the movie making out.

Good time.

gl and dont break your dick this time!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I met up with the guy I've told you about before again. We went to watch the martian but spent most of the movie making out.

Good time.

Yay! I'm glad things have continued with him. Will there be more? :)

From the little you saw, was the movie good?

and how do these youtubers even keep appearing in each other's videos? do they just so happen to all live in the same city or something? i mean...

As far as I can tell, a lot of them live in the LA area. I figure there's probably another cluster around NYC, London, etc. Also, a ton of collabs happen around the times of the various conventions that are held for YouTubers. Also also, with so many of them writing books and/or performing now, I think some people meet up with other YouTubers while they tour.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
As far as I can tell, a lot of them live in the LA area. I figure there's probably another cluster around NYC, London, etc. Also, a ton of collabs happen around the times of the various conventions that are held for YouTubers. Also also, with so many of them writing books and/or performing now, I think some people meet up with other YouTubers while they tour.

Good points. they have youtube conventions though?? and live performances? if i can watch them for free from the comfort of my home why would i ever pay to see them? i mean...

Will be more careful ;)

use lots of water based lube if youre using condoms

Delio

Yay! I'm glad things have continued with him. Will there be more? :)

From the little you saw, was the movie good?

Yeah this is totally it. They do a lot of collabs when they are together so they have a nice backlog.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Good points. they have youtube conventions though?? and live performances? if i can watch them for free from the comfort of my home why would i ever pay to see them? i mean...

The conventions I've heard of the most are VidCon (Anaheim, CA), Summer in the City (London, England), and Playlist Live (US East Coast). I'm sure there are smaller ones. I don't know much about non-English-speaking YouTube, so perhaps there are other big conventions in other countries I'm unaware of. I would guess the conventions are a mix of partying, professional networking and workshops, and YouTuber-fan meetups.

The live performances are music for those who do that (e.g., Boyce Avenue, Kurt Hugo Schneider/Sam Tsui, etc.) and comedy stuff (I think MirandaSings and a few others may do this). Like I mentioned, it seems like there are a fair amount of people touring for their books now, but I assume those events are free. Choosing to attend a paid event is the same decision as going to a concert or stand-up comedy show when you can listen to albums or watch videos.

The thing about all these youtubers is how its elevated mediocrity to a whole new level.

Eh but then maybe I'm just not with "it" anymore (not that I ever was to begin with)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What most annoys me is the hundreds or thousands of cuts for a 5-10 minute video with these youtubers talking about shit they are supposedly passionate about.

Mediocrity in what exactly?

Anything. Everything. Comedy for a start. Now all you need to do is just yell into the mic to be funny apparently.

What's funny to me is how for a generation that talks so much about being yourself and doing your own thing, they are the most susceptible to conformity and trends. It's like those "___ tries ___ food" vids. One of the more popular ones did and suddenly they were all doing it and in pretty much the exact same way.

edit for Bay's post: Yes! They even use the same techniques (zoom in slomo, or the same bg music).

LOCK

My favorite YouTuber is Mamrie Hart, because everyone deserves a drink.

Plus YouTube lets you look at some real hot guys, for free. >_>

Kater

Banned
Any of you guys need a code for Zelda Tri Force Heroes?
I'd want the code if you still have it. (If it works in PAL region)

What most annoys me is the hundreds or thousands of cuts for a 5-10 minute video with these youtubers talking about shit they are supposedly passionate about.
Vloggers?

My favourite Youtubers are Jim Sterling, GophersVids, PressHeartToContinue and Giant Bomb at the moment. Don't care about Vloggers that much, never did. I'm on Youtube for the Let's Players.

Delio

My favorite YouTuber is Mamrie Hart, because everyone deserves a drink.

Plus YouTube lets you look at some real hot guys, for free. >_>

My favorites atm are Hat films (Gaming/general crazyness),Lifesimmer ( Sims Lets player),Aurora Peachy (Got into her through Sailor Moon but she does Guild Wars stuff as well.). Alex Ogloza ( Pokemon player) and Mark E Miller.

Mark being the only gay youtuber I really follow and pay attention to. He and his bf are adorable .

tumblr_myzuel8ixM1qd2gelo5_r1_400.gif

6ace765216555e671458aad93df14bd5.gif

Meicyn

Gold Member
Cersei is an evil incestuous bitch. While maybe an apt comparison, it's not a ringing endorsement.
LLEYefm.gif

edit: and she's not even winning the game...
do you even GoT?
That's why I said "in certain ways" since of course Hillary isn't exactly like Cersei. Hillary isn't fucking either of her brothers for starters, so I don't know how you could take my post as a "ringing endorsement." You're being ridiculous; more reading comprehension, less copy/paste of GIF URLs.

And Hillary lost the game in 2008, even after doing whatever it takes to win such as her campaign starting the birther movement behind the scenes. Do you even politics?

I always squirm when I see gay people say they hate Tyler Oakley and "don't know why." I hope it's due to strictly his personality and not that he's bubbly and effeminate, or gay and popular, or effeminate and popular, or whatever combination of adjectives that many gay men defensively hate that aren't actually offensive at all. :/

I always squirm when I see gay people say they hate Tyler Oakley and "don't know why." I hope it's due to strictly his personality and not that he's bubbly and effeminate, or gay and popular, or effeminate and popular, or whatever combination of adjectives that many gay men defensively hate that aren't actually offensive at all. :/

I don't care for him because he has said some pretty stupid ass stuff in the past.
But I think some of it does have to do with him being effeminate.

Razmos

My favorites atm are Hat films (Gaming/general crazyness),Lifesimmer ( Sims Lets player),Aurora Peachy (Got into her through Sailor Moon but she does Guild Wars stuff as well.). Alex Ogloza ( Pokemon player) and Mark E Miller.
Aurora Peachy is my spirit animal, her videos always cheer me up without fail, even if she's just getting hyped over Sailor Moon merchandise haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom