• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son Of D

My first post in here in a few months. But I thought this was worth sharing.

I got back today from a trip to Austria to meet Kater for a few days. Had a wonderful time there.

o7ZKJtP.jpg

Rest of the album is here: http://imgur.com/a/JNK0L. Edited it with resized images so I don't kill any computers with the album.

Nope lol.

You'll get the hang of studying for 2 or 3 tests soon enough.

What was the midterm for?
It was for a Theatre History class. I thought it'd be a fun class but it turns out it's my hardest class... I really regret taking it lol

hopefully the worst case scenario is a C on the exam, I answered a lot of them but then again I didn't know quite a few so who knows. I'm going to die if it's an F

Had a conversation with my straight best friend that has me trying to figure out if he's trying to let me know he knows and to just come out already. I've been afraid to because we're so homosocial, always joking around about fucking each other or randomly grabbing each other, that he'd think that was all real instead of joking and it would make things awkward.

We were looking through old yearbooks to try and remember some names, and he paused at someone and pointed him out.

"Oh that kid. He was nice, we used to hang out a lot. Turns out he was gay."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I was actually kinda pissed that he didn't tell me at the time because he thought I'd stop being friends with him over that."

I just nodded, but it's been tickling the back of my brain and making me wonder. The idea of finally just being open and out to him is so appealing in its freedom, but it's not exactly easy to overcome a decade of learned fear of always being in the closet. What if shit goes bad? That's always the paralyzing fear. That things will change for the worse.

Man, those were tough years. You get into some pretty unfortunate situations just trying to feel attractive and wanted by anyone, let alone dealing with rejection from your family after coming out. It's not a healthy environment.
You have no idea how much I appreciate and empathize with this.

Razmos

I'm playing Skullgirls and I think Beowulf might be the only male character in existence to have jiggle physics, in his crotch. I thought I was imagining it at first.
tumblr_nfgrvlpMyP1tbix68o2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_n97x831Oib1r47z95.gif

tumblr_mkks2lqERw1qe6ix6o1_1280.png

In a game with so much fanservice, having a hot male fanservice character is very appreciated.

3phemeral

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I was actually kinda pissed that he didn't tell me at the time because he thought I'd stop being friends with him over that."

I had a huge crush on this super macho guy in High School and I was so paranoid that he'd find out and that I'd be mocked, I instinctively became defensive over anything that might out me. A few times, he would attempt to talk to me about fixing his TI-85 calculator or complimenting me on my artwork and the last one, asking me how I drew something so accurately. In retrospect I wondered if my paranoia was blindsiding me to what could have been a good friendship. I used to eat myself up over that thought. :p

EJEYYq

I'm playing Skullgirls and I think Beowulf might be the only male character in existence to have jiggle physics, in his crotch. I thought I was imagining it at first.

In a game with so much fanservice, having a hot male fanservice character is very appreciated.

As a non-fighting fan, Beowulf is by far my favorite fanservice male character in a game. The fact that it came in a game like Skullgirls is both so wrong and so right.

Golnei

If we're talking about fanart, I love the way piikeisandaa draws Beowulf in particular.

Dudley used to have it as well, but sadly it's absent from his 3D appearances.

vzRfOt0.gif

Are there any Peaches fans here?

I'm going to see her this weekend, so excited. It's been like 4 years since I've seen her live when she toured for her album I Feel Cream. Most people know her because of Fuck The Pain Away, which is a true classic. Her music is the epitome of gender bending and challenging the idea of sexual identity, the true original tbqh.

Dumb Fuck has to be one of my favorite tracks on the new album.

I'm going to see her this weekend, so excited. It's been like 4 years since I've seen her live when she toured for her album I Feel Cream. Most people know her because of Fuck The Pain Away, which is a true classic. Her music is the epitome of gender bending and challenging the idea of sexual identity, the true original tbqh.

EghVJDM.gif

Let me bop to Operate real quick.

Kevyt

This thread got... interesting.

Seath is judging me probably. Hah.

Yeah, but I definitely agree with DOWN's thoughts on this topic. I feel like Seath hasn't really properly addressed the points that DOWN is discussing.

Also, I wish that more people would comment on this topic, since I do find it very interesting.

No, I'm not judging you. In fact, I didn't even read your posts until now.

I can't say Robido helped me understand why everyone is worthy of being termed "a racist" but I don't think that inconclusive grey conversation on the top half of the page was anyone saying racism doesn't exist. It seemed more like a debate over whether attraction to specific races, conditioned or otherwise that are seemingly fine with people here and quite widespread, warrants the term racist. Or if that label is reserved for those who write "no blacks."

Or are you explaining that you think someone, conditioned or otherwise, having such preferences is a racist?

Sincerely to the thread at large, I posted about this because I want to hear it but please don't stop at a sly post that doesn't explain your counter or elaboration on something I wrote. It would be great if at least a few non-white posters kept going with the conversation.

I also said that stating "just a preference" type responses seems like an attempt to end the critical examination and discussion of conditioning and the related factors in attraction. I pondered ways to avoid prompting that kind of response to hopefully create ongoing discussion instead.

Perhaps me and some others have a misunderstanding when you would term someone a racist. By your description, wouldn't that mean those in LettersGAF who have said they tend to be attracted to X race(s), are racists? As well as most people encountered who have discussed what races they've dated and tend to be attracted to? I haven't heard the term racist applied that broadly before and it seems others in the thread have not experienced it applied that way either. Perhaps it is unfamiliarity on our part or perhaps there is distinction in terminology, but I can't say I understand now.

While I certainly don't get around to every post, I don't think any group or individual denied or was obliviously excused in this thread from the idea of the existence of racism or that it is an issue in the LGBT+ community, whether in this most recent discussion or in prior ones since I've entered the threads.

Hmmm Okay, so your claim was never that racial preferences are just preferences that warrant someone the label a racist. Well now that we have that out of the way, I guess the question that you seem to be asking is where we draw the line?

Someone that finds a race more appealing than another one, but does not dismiss other races/ethnicities, would not be a racist?

As you ask here;

Perhaps me and some others have a misunderstanding when you would term someone a racist. By your description, wouldn't that mean those in LettersGAF who have said they tend to be attracted to X race(s), are racists? As well as most people encountered who have discussed what races they've dated and tend to be attracted to? I haven't heard the term racist applied that broadly before and it seems others in the thread have not experienced it applied that way either. Perhaps it is unfamiliarity on our part or perhaps there is distinction in terminology, but I can't say I understand now.

You also talk about implicit bias.

And maybe now is a good spot to ask, since significant portions of the population express attraction toward either their race, specific other races, or a combination thereof, at what point do you call someone a racist? Are those in this thread who said they find X race(s) attractive most often, racists? Are the majority of OK Cupid users what you would say are racists? Or is there a different case where that term is appropriate in your opinion? My understanding of 'implicit bias' from Harvard and co. is that people generally do distinguish between consciously endorsed stereotypes and ideas, versus those that are present without conscious forming and deciding upon the ideas. Thus distinguishing between a person saying they tend to find X race(s) attractive most often and someone they observer would call a racist.

I see now what your point is, sort of. As I said, I always thought your argument was that any racial preference, even being blunt about it in a hook up app as in grindr with "no blacks" etc, was just a preference that did not warrant someone the term of a racist.

I got confused with your first and second post, it seemed to me that you were giving the benefit of the doubt? But that wasn't the case as I've reread most of the conversation. As far as your questions, well I'm afraid I simply don't know. I can't say that Geo is a racist, or that Robido is a racist because such conclusion would be inconclusive based on what they have said. It's sort of a grey area in a sense that seeing a race or an ethnicity as more appealing to someone might have to do with how exposed you are to other people. For example if you have lived in a homogenous environment, that will be one of the reasons (perhaps not the reason) why people find certain races/ethnicities more attractive than others. This wouldn't be related to racial prejudices, as was the case with the grindr scenario that I talked about in one of my previous post, with the red highlight.

I don't know, is my answer for now. It could be many things.

This conversation has been enlightening nonetheless.

mantidor

Is this a recent thing for Russia? It's so odd to me, because I associate strong homophobia with very religious populations, but I guess that's not the only way to arrive to it :/

Make no mistake Russians are very religious.

My dad is an atheist and pretty homophobic though, religion is not a requirement for sure :p

My first post in here in a few months. But I thought this was worth sharing.

I got back today from a trip to Austria to meet Kater for a few days. Had a wonderful time there.

o7ZKJtP.jpg

Rest of the album is here: http://imgur.com/a/JNK0L. Edited it with resized images so I don't kill any computers with the album.

Looks like a nice trip! I love these letterGAF meetups.

Salbug

Whoa, didn't see this thread here. :eek: Anyways guess I'll answer the little questionnaire thing best I can.

Your gender? Male

Your sexual orientation? Bisexual

Where Are You From? USA

Where Do You Live? Louisiana, USA

How Old Are you? 21

Favorite Type of Music? Primarily metal, but I've been branching out into all sorts of genres over the past years, and finding more things that I like. Well except country. >.>

Profession or Career interest? I was a roofing laborer, and now I've moved on to the sheet metal making, and installing which is a lot better then what I was doing before. Pops trying to get me into his line of work (Project Manager) aka in the office having to go to meetings just about every week, making bids, and whatnot. As for a career interest I'm not even sure to be honest.

Favorite video game(s)? Super Mario RPG, Majora's Mask, Undertale, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, etc, etc... The list goes on. ;o

What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Not much besides listening to music, and browsing the webs. I've... never been a much sociable person to be honest, and I've only been able to keep in touch with a few people from school since almost everyone seems to have gone their separate ways, but really that's about it.

Whoa, didn't see this thread here. :eek: Anyways guess I'll answer the little questionnaire thing best I can.

Your gender? Male

Where Are You From? USA

How Old Are you? 21

Favorite Type of Music? Primarily metal, but I've been branching out into all sorts of genres over the past years, and finding more things that I like. Well except country. >.>

Profession or Career interest? I was a roofing laborer, and now I've moved on to the sheet metal making, and installing which is a lot better then what I was doing before. As for a career interest I'm not even sure to be honest.

Favorite video game(s)? Super Mario RPG, Majora's Mask, Undertale, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, etc, etc... The list goes on. ;o

What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Not much besides listening to music, and browsing the webs. I've... never been a much sociable person to be honest, and I've only been able to keep in touch with a few people from school since almost everyone seems to have gone their separate ways, but really that's about it.
Welcome to the club. :)

I've been hearing good things about Undertale. What's it about?

Salbug

Welcome to the club. :)

I've been hearing good things about Undertale. What's it about?

Someone will be able to explain it better then me, but...

You play as a human child who has fallen into an underground society full of monsters who have been forced to live there now as a result of the humans who live on the surface pretty much banishing them there. It's a mix of a turn-based RPG + bullet hell which is actually an interesting concept I haven't really seen used before. Another interesting concept is you're able to go throughout the entire game without killing a single enemy. Basically, if you like a game that just oozes charm, and enjoy games with humor akin to Earthbound then I can wholeheartedly recommend this to you.

Actually I might as well post my steam review of it here as well. :eek:

This game really is something else. I don't know what I could possibly say without spoiling anything, but it's rare that a game comes along, and makes me feel, and connect so strongly with each, and every one of the characters included within the narrative. (Toriel is best GOAT mom.) The art-style I can understand as being subjective, aka not everyone's thing, but it personally clicked with me, and I feel like it perfectly compliments the game. (See LISA: The Painful RPG as another example.) The OST is a glorious mixture of chip-tune, and more modern-esque themes. Despite being an RPG, the length for this is just the right length with the average playthrough being around 8-10 hours. The combat as well is fantasic, and very unique in how it is implemented, and you'll always need to stay alert during attacks.

I guess the bit of criticism I have would be that some boss battles are a bit unclear as what you need to do to get past them in a non-lethal manner, but as I looked back at my playthrough I realized I wasn't paying enough attention to some of the hints that were being dropped.

All in all I'm still thinking about all of the characters that I've encountered, and I just want to keep going back, and interact with them even more. As a last thing I should add, while there are many games that use the Mother series as a measuring stick in how much they aspire to achieve a similar set of emotions that emerged from said series, Undertale is one of the few games that I feel that truly accomplished what it set out to do, and is one of the finest games to have been inspired by EarthBound.

What I'm trying to say here is if you're looking for something fresh, and have fond memories for Earthbound, if this game has been in your sights lately, and you need a final push then consider this review that push, and do yourself the favor you've been meaning to do. Support this game, Support Toby Fox, Support the Indie Dev industry. All of us here would truly love to see more like this from such a creatively free industry in the future.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Your gender? Male

Where Are You From? USA

How Old Are you? 21

Profession or Career interest? I was a roofing laborer, and now I've moved on to the sheet metal making, and installing which is a lot better then what I was doing before. Pops trying to get me into his line of work (Project Manager) aka in the office having to go to meetings just about every week, making bids, and whatnot. As for a career interest I'm not even sure to be honest.

hay queen slé a bit

Kevyt

Your gender? Male

Where Are You From? USA

How Old Are you? 21

Welcome!

I have a friend or acquaintance I should say who works in roofing and he has amazing arms. I asked him if it was because of his job and he said it was partly because of that. Dem arms, lol

Sorry that was kind of random.

Anyways, welcome!

Salbug

hay queen slé a bit

I don't quite follow you? >.>

Welcome!

I have a friend or acquaintance I should say who works in roofing and he has amazing arms. I asked him if it was because of his job and he said it was partly because of that. Dem arms, lol

Sorry that was kind of random.

Anyways, welcome!

Haha yeah, I don't necessarily have buffed up arms, but I've gotten noticeably stronger in the three years I've been working, and I don't really work out. I just let the hard-working do that for me.

Golnei

You know, maybe I just haven't given it enough of a chance. You can't knock it until you've tried it, right?

You could have just not been exposed to the right kind of sacrifice - the particulars of the methods employed by various traditions are so broad that there's bound to be something that resonates with you. Burning an entire, conscious child is admittedly fairly confronting, so why don't you look into rituals that involve organs removed prior to the proceedings, or ones which simply require the sacrifice to be drained of blood? Purists might look down on anything that doesn't involve a writhing, agonised victim; but I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with starting with something less volatile.

It was for a Theatre History class. I thought it'd be a fun class but it turns out it's my hardest class... I really regret taking it lol

hopefully the worst case scenario is a C on the exam, I answered a lot of them but then again I didn't know quite a few so who knows. I'm going to die if it's an F

I'm in the same boat on an accounting midterm. (though I should know way better.) Good luck!

I finally got off my ass and started an art Tumblr ( WerdnaCreations.tumblr.com ) for portfolio/commissions and showcased this on Facebook:

And floodgates opened. I need to start figuring out my rates! And how to not butcher pokemon :'(

You have some awesome pieces! Will follow.

Monocle

Anal tears are no joke.
Whatever you're doing to make your ass cry, you should stop.

You could have just not been exposed to the right kind of sacrifice - the particulars of the methods employed by various traditions are so broad that there's bound to be something that resonates with you. Burning an entire, conscious child is admittedly fairly confronting, so why don't you look into rituals that involve organs removed prior to the proceedings, or ones which simply require the sacrifice to be drained of blood? Purists might look down on anything that doesn't involve a writhing, agonised victim; but I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with starting with something less volatile.
I like to use DMV employees. They don't even seem to notice when you strap them into the Sacrificial Apparatus.

Dumb Fuck has to be one of my favorite tracks on the new album.

Hell ya, love peaches. Rub is great. Love Close Up.

Did fanart of the album cover.

so the midterm exam grade is in: i got
/50 pls excuse me while i go cry in a corner

but my grade in that class is still 85% and I'm an underachiever so it's all good tbh

Monocle

but my grade in that class is still 85% and I'm an underachiever so it's all good tbh
Definitely could be worse!

Here's an appropriately themed hunk to make you feel better.

29LCsF4.jpg

I bet your grades are rising already.

LOCK

For all my students who applied themselves and actually attempted to study, they found that their first exam would be the worst grade wise. It's an adaptation that students develop throughout the semester. So chin up!

29LCsF4.jpg

I know a few ways he could earn an A.

;)

Monocle

;)
I'm passionate about education, if you know what I mean.

I want to teach him a lesson.

Or vice versa tbh.

Edit: Praise Jebus for this new page. BRB, need to cook something up.

OK, here we go:

NkItkqXl.jpg
7GdJivs.png

li7Lraw.gif
1qRpuoB.gif
Fncy1Co.gif

KhkfCL8l.jpg

RMU8zdC.jpg
J4UnQs2.jpg

BTW, I just finished watching The Wire, which was full of STUDS. Why did I not know this before?

yRj46UPl.png
KbAQpgCl.png

RgEio9G.jpg

HBzgMxYl.png
8HsDSA0.jpg

Gbenga Akinnagbe, uuuuuunf. One of the most striking faces I've ever seen.

Also, Ernest Waddell is the hottest beaten-up boyfriend ever in this scene from the season 3 finale:

DQufCo5.png

An image probably doesn't capture the sexiness of his expressions, but trust me.

That's not even a bad grade though. I'm sure you'll do fine in the class. Don't worry too much about grades in general, unless you plan on going on to grad school.
Thank you, I do plan on going to grad school so I'm trying to not let everything slip from my hands right. Things could change but for now that's my goal

29LCsF4.jpg

tumblr_inline_mx6pzuJZ3L1r2vy9o.jpg

For all my students who applied themselves and actually attempted to study, they found that their first exam would be the worst grade wise. It's an adaptation that students develop throughout the semester. So chin up!

;)
I will admit that I studied a night before the exam... :v

Kater

Banned
Had a conversation with my straight best friend that has me trying to figure out if he's trying to let me know he knows and to just come out already. I've been afraid to because we're so homosocial, always joking around about fucking each other or randomly grabbing each other, that he'd think that was all real instead of joking and it would make things awkward.

We were looking through old yearbooks to try and remember some names, and he paused at someone and pointed him out.

"Oh?"

I just nodded, but it's been tickling the back of my brain and making me wonder. The idea of finally just being open and out to him is so appealing in its freedom, but it's not exactly easy to overcome a decade of learned fear of always being in the closet. What if shit goes bad? That's always the paralyzing fear. That things will change for the worse.

You probably think that yourself but yeah, he very likely won't leave you for coming out as gay. So do it when you feel comfortable enough to.

I finally got off my ass and started an art Tumblr ( WerdnaCreations.tumblr.com ) for portfolio/commissions and showcased this on Facebook:

And floodgates opened. I need to start figuring out my rates! And how to not butcher pokemon :'(
Already saw your new tumblr blog. Some great drawings on there. :)

tumblr_nfgrvlpMyP1tbix68o2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_n97x831Oib1r47z95.gif

tumblr_mkks2lqERw1qe6ix6o1_1280.png

Well, there's that one game where you stack dudes and that also had a lot of floppy dongs. :p

2706723-mount-upf.gif

Your gender? Male

Where Are You From? USA

How Old Are you? 21

Hey there DethBen, glad to see you here in this thread!

Great pictures, D.

So jelly that you two got to meet up.

Looks like a nice trip! I love these letterGAF meetups.
It was actually the second meeting I had with another GAFfer. And yeah, it went really well (I think) since the visit was here for more days so I had enough time to show Matt around. :)

Lucky! Kater seems like such an adorable darling, and I love traveling. :D
aaT9I5b.jpg

Thanks for the nice words o:

I definitely recommend Austria by the way. If only for skiing and climbing and I guess the odd good café and museum here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom