• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Yeah, it'll definitely end up as a bonus track if it gets included. At the very least, make it a single so I can buy it ASAP. I just want it so I don't have to use a lossy Youtube rip.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I still haven't decided if I want to get Zestiria or not. I just got Dragon Quest Heroes, and I have this ridiculous backlog to go through. I just finished Dark Souls 2 the other day. Still have to play through The Witcher 3, and Fallout 4 is coming next month.

Takes me forever to get through a game thanks to constant studying after work.

3phemeral

I still need to finish Tales of Symphonia. I got to the end and then a string of midterms/finals/life events popped up that pulled me away from it. I feel like I can't move on past that game unless I finish it :)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I still haven't decided if I want to get Zestiria or not. I just got Dragon Quest Heroes, and I have this ridiculous backlog to go through. I just finished Dark Souls 2 the other day. Still have to play through The Witcher 3, and Fallout 4 is coming next month.

I got Zestiria on Steam cause I gott Symphonia for free and some other goodies.

Join the Zesty team tbh.
a08e699bbd.png

Bladenic

Bayo if you have codes left I'll take one daddy also I need to post my 3DS code i never did play Smash bros with anyone here

My issue is with people who've decided to institutionalize "taking offense" because you think you're being a white knight to the world. You're actually not. What you're doing is distracting from getting to the heart of hearts of why those specific words were said, what the intent was, who those words were meant for, etc. and you're just putting the "culprit" on defense. Because the subtext matters, especially if you're deciding whether or not you should be offended at something. And ESPECIALLY when it comes to comedy (or in Tyler's case, the attempt of it), because there are nuances there that are unexplainable to those who take offense, because comedy is all about context and subtext.

Drag GAF

Well, I think since he's recorded himself at least twice a week for 7 years now, the fact that nothing similar to this has unearthed is probably a good enough sign that this was just an attempt to make off-color jokes that didn't land. Whatever the reason for him pulling the video I guess becomes irrelevant, coz what matters is how his words affect you, like actually affect you to your core. If you're offended because you feel you should be offended, then you're wasting your time being upset. If you are actually upset personally by what he said, then that's another thing and I'll respect it.

My issue is with people who've decided to institutionalize "taking offense" because you think you're being a white knight to the world. You're actually not. What you're doing is distracting from getting to the heart of hearts of why those specific words were said, what the intent was, who those words were meant for, etc. and you're just putting the "culprit" on defense. Because the subtext matters, especially if you're deciding whether or not you should be offended at something. And ESPECIALLY when it comes to comedy (or in Tyler's case, the attempt of it), because there are nuances there that are unexplainable to those who take offense, because comedy is all about context and subtext.

I'm an Arab who faced a great deal of discrimination (and physical abuse) post-9/11 in the States, and my skin is thicker because of it, but at least it helped me decipher between discrimination that's rooted in something real and something that's actually not hurtful at all. Do I think Tyler Oakley seems like he'd discriminate against me because I'm not white, or do I think he has a deeply-rooted problem with me and my people? No. I think he's a young gay kid who films himself talking and thought it would be sassy and irreverent to talk about forced diversity for the sake of it. No part of that video threw up a red flag to me. But I mean, apologies clear the air for most so I understand that.
lM6YTDg.gif

gifs_19.gif

I hate online courses. Professor is on the other side of the country and she takes forever to answer. Meanwhile I can't start my project....

Bladenic

Your taste is on point.

---

On the topics of immaturity and time:

I don't think it matters what age someone is. It doesn't matter if the person is 4 years old or 40—if you make an opinion or belief public that is offensive, then people have the right to hold you accountable for it and should exercise that right.

Please tell me you're joking about the 4 years old bit cuz I can't help but think about that crazy aunt suing her nephew for breaking her wrist due to BEING EXCITED TO SEE HER at a younger age (I can't remember the exact one but I wanna say 8). I mean I want to let you answer first, but if you let something a child say trouble you so much you're a moron and need help.

does anyone watch House Hunters

This show is such a glorious trainwreck, where do they find these people?

there's an entire tumblr dedicated to quoting the show's simmering banality verbatim

tumblr_m7dp112fr41rzsvv3o1_500.png

tumblr_m6au5d1SOC1rzsvv3o1_500.png

tumblr_m67fenTbfw1rzsvv3o1_500.png

help me

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
does anyone watch House Hunters

This show is such a glorious trainwreck, where do they find these people?

there's an entire tumblr dedicated to quoting the show's simmering banality verbatim
I used to watch it when I relied on cable for tv. :/

I liked the international edition.

yepyepyep

I hate online courses. Professor is on the other side of the country and she takes forever to answer. Meanwhile I can't start my project....

You and me both sister. This semester I am completing the last semester of my Masters. What they didn't tell you when you enrolled was that the last semester would be entirely online. The professors are acting really shitty and will only respond if you ask questions in the online forum, which is only answered a few times a week. There is hardly any online lectures; most of the content is "self-directed learning". Honestly it feels like I am paying 3 grand per unit to submit assignments.

I also had to organise and complete a group assignment without meeting my partner which just feels really faceless and impersonal.

Hurrcut!
I have an urge to grab the huge Friday the 13th documentary off of PSN and watch it while I draw today. I wonder if it's as good as the Nightmare on Elm Street one on Netflix.

Haircut looks good! My hubby gets a similar one and I love it. Speaking of art, I may have over-committed myself to too many projects so I'm feeling a little bit overwhelmed at the moment. *womp womp*

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
If anybody else here is still looking for Tri Force Heroes codes, it looks like I won't be using any of mine after all.

Please tell me you're joking about the 4 years old bit cuz I can't help but think about that crazy aunt suing her nephew for breaking her wrist due to BEING EXCITED TO SEE HER at a younger age (I can't remember the exact one but I wanna say 8). I mean I want to let you answer first, but if you let something a child say trouble you so much you're a moron and need help.

What I meant is that young and old alike should not be excused for the comments they make. People of all ages should be told when something they do is not socially acceptable. It's how we propagate our culture and reinforce our rules. I was not trying to say anything that would suggest excitement is worthy of a lawsuit.

What I had in mind as an example was inspired by a story my friend told me about her brother-in-law and his wife. Imagine if your 3-year-old child is repeatedly saying a racial slur for amusement. In this case, the parents' response was to laugh and to ask him to repeat it again. What I was trying to say was that a child should be told when something they say or do is inappropriate. If you don't tell them, how else will they learn? Now, I'm not saying that a 3-year-old should necessarily be punished for it—kids try out words that they hear all the time. (If they continue doing it after the explanation, then I'd likely support disciplining the kid in some way. Of course, some may disagree with my parenting style.) With a 40-year-old, there will likely be consequences because there is an assumption that they have been properly educated at some point into the general cultural consensus that racial slurs are harmful. I guess this is then getting back into the discussion of what being 18 means and the different opinions held here of what can be expected of people that age.

That aunt was crazy. If I've come across as someone who would sue their nephew for being excited to see me, then I've really misrepresented myself.

LOCK

Ugh I know how it feels. Make sure you follow the doc's orders and look online what you can and cannot eat while you are recovering.
It feels like death. You just feel horrible and the only thing I'm allowed to have is ice.

I'm so thirsty but I don't want to puke my eye balls out again.

Kater

Banned
tumblr_nw5ulkfoiX1s2791bo1_500.png

Emilia Clark looks so stunning in these photos for the Esquire Magazine.

I didn't watch the video and don't intend to, but I don't think that "if there's no intent to hurt, don't be mad" is the best rule to live by idk

People getting dragged for being ignorant is not the best solution but eh, it's probably the best way for them to learn that they did something wrong. Just look at Jim Sterling and how he turned out after getting dragged for years online after his sexist comment.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It feels like death. You just feel horrible and the only thing I'm allowed to have is ice.

I'm so thirsty but I don't want to puke my eye balls out again.

I know but you gotta push through it. After some hours your stomach should feel a bit better and you might be able to eat unsalted crackers and jello since those are not too strong on the stomach.

As for the water situation you might be able to get water but really small sips instead of just drinking like you normally would. Its not the most comfortable thing but that and ice should work. Also make sure to get some rest afterall it does better in terms of making time go by and it also helps the healing process.

LOCK

I know but you gotta push through it. After some hours your stomach should feel a bit better and you might be able to eat unsalted crackers and jello since those are not too strong on the stomach.

As for the water situation you might be able to get water but really small sips instead of just drinking like you normally would. Its not the most comfortable thing but that and ice should work. Also make sure to get some rest afterall it does better in terms of making time go by and it also helps the healing process.
Thanks! That's exactly what I was told lol

Masamuna

Haircut looks good! My hubby gets a similar one and I love it. Speaking of art, I may have over-committed myself to too many projects so I'm feeling a little bit overwhelmed at the moment. *womp womp*

Thanks! I know the feeling, I'm pacing myself right now but once I get the commission rates out there I'm going to be a little over my head. Yay for my portfolio tho.

You and me both sister. This semester I am completing the last semester of my Masters. What they didn't tell you when you enrolled was that the last semester would be entirely online. The professors are acting really shitty and will only respond if you ask questions in the online forum, which is only answered a few times a week. There is hardly any online lectures; most of the content is "self-directed learning". Honestly it feels like I am paying 3 grand per unit to submit assignments.

I also had to organise and complete a group assignment without meeting my partner which just feels really faceless and impersonal.

I finally reached an agreement with my professor, I don't like the compromise but at least I can actually do the assignment where it was originally going to be impossible to do with her strict parameters and deadline. Yeah, I prefer face to face classes as well. I only took it online since it would free up some days and I think it isn't offered in class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom