• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

So, I dunno where else to post this and it's sort of just rambling, so if you don't really want to read and are not into explicit stuff, feel free to skip. It doesn't really go anywhere and I do not judge you for it. :)

I'm coming up on 28 now, and for most of my life until a few years ago, I was just straight, because the way I understood sexuality to work in this way was 100% straight, 100% gay, or 50/50% (aka bisexual). Over the last few years, though, I have come to look at it as spectrum (whether right or wrong) and came to believe myself to be, say, 90% straight. To this moment I don't really know how to look at it and would honestly rather not attribute a specific label to it all. I don't blame anyone who does, of course, but my own sexuality is such a broiling sea I can't deign to attach a singular word to it.

Now, this is all preface to the last couple months. I'm on really good terms with my ex-girlfriend and she's been my best friend for a couple years. We've been talking a lot about this and when I'm with her I point out a guy who I find myself attracted to. She's a fairly sexually liberal person (to the point she seems to have sex dangerously as escapism, but that's another topic) and we're more than comfortable talking about how we like people of either gender. She has another ex-boyfriend in another city who she's on good terms with, and we collectively decided that when he comes to visit his family here, the three of us will have a threesome. This would be my first time with another man. I looked forward to it despite not knowing how I'd feel about being with a man.

Anyway, tonight, she and I were drinking and playing Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes with my brother and his girlfriend (which is fucking awesome btw). Afterwards, we brought up this other ex in skype on my phone and talked for about an hour. Well, not really: the first forty minutes we were getting introduced and talking and joking and getting along, and then there was a little fooling around. Little bit of pointing the camera at cleavage. Little bit of jokes about sex. This eventually led to me propping up my phone on my bed and fucking her doggystyle and pulling her hair and smacking her ass with her face in front of my phone while he masturbated on the other end. I enjoyed that a man was looking on and watching him play with himself.

Honestly, my biggest takeaway from that, from my first experience involving a man in any way whatsoever (however distant it was), was that it did not make it weird even a little bit. That after a childhood of "ew, gay", and teen years of "that's not for me", and young adulthood of "that's probably cool", I got sexual pleasure seeing another man get his own.

So I don't really know where to go from here as far as exploring that, between just hooking up with a guy or having a "buffer" woman or what. I just am glad that I'm able to accept what I am mostly without caveats like shitty perceptions of being closeted gay or sexually greedy or any of that garbage society has produced. I like women, and I like men. That's really all I need to hold in my heart to be true to it and I'm okay with that.

Anyway, if you read all this, thanks for reading. Just wanted to get it off my chest and this feels like a safe space. If not, I still love you. <3

EDIT: Also it's after 3 am and I'm super tired and if I said anything offbase or severely mistyped, my bad. I mean no disrespect to people or the English language. Also if I need to tone it down, let me know.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well! That's definitely one way to have your first homosexual experience, grats!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So, I dunno where else to post this and it's sort of just rambling, so if you don't really want to read and are not into explicit stuff, feel free to skip. It doesn't really go anywhere and I do not judge you for it. :)

I'm coming up on 28 now, and for most of my life until a few years ago, I was just straight, because the way I understood sexuality to work in this way was 100% straight, 100% gay, or 50/50% (aka bisexual). Over the last few years, though, I have come to look at it as spectrum (whether right or wrong) and came to believe myself to be, say, 90% straight. To this moment I don't really know how to look at it and would honestly rather not attribute a specific label to it all. I don't blame anyone who does, of course, but my own sexuality is such a broiling sea I can't deign to attach a singular word to it.

Now, this is all preface to the last couple months. I'm on really good terms with my ex-girlfriend and she's been my best friend for a couple years. We've been talking a lot about this and when I'm with her I point out a guy who I find myself attracted to. She's a fairly sexually liberal person (to the point she seems to have sex dangerously as escapism, but that's another topic) and we're more than comfortable talking about how we like people of either gender. She has another ex-boyfriend in another city who she's on good terms with, and we collectively decided that when he comes to visit his family here, the three of us will have a threesome. This would be my first time with another man. I looked forward to it despite not knowing how I'd feel about being with a man.

Anyway, tonight, she and I were drinking and playing Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes with my brother and his girlfriend (which is fucking awesome btw). Afterwards, we brought up this other ex in skype on my phone and talked for about an hour. Well, not really: the first forty minutes we were getting introduced and talking and joking and getting along, and then there was a little fooling around. Little bit of pointing the camera at cleavage. Little bit of jokes about sex. This eventually led to me propping up my phone on my bed and fucking her doggystyle and pulling her hair and smacking her ass with her face in front of my phone while he masturbated on the other end. I enjoyed that a man was looking on and watching him play with himself.

Honestly, my biggest takeaway from that, from my first experience involving a man in any way whatsoever (however distant it was), was that it did not make it weird even a little bit. That after a childhood of "ew, gay", and teen years of "that's not for me", and young adulthood of "that's probably cool", I got sexual pleasure seeing another man get his own.

So I don't really know where to go from here as far as exploring that, between just hooking up with a guy or having a "buffer" woman or what. I just am glad that I'm able to accept what I am mostly without caveats like shitty perceptions of being closeted gay or sexually greedy or any of that garbage society has produced. I like women, and I like men. That's really all I need to hold in my heart to be true to it and I'm okay with that.

Anyway, if you read all this, thanks for reading. Just wanted to get it off my chest and this feels like a safe space. If not, I still love you. <3

EDIT: Also it's after 3 am and I'm super tired and if I said anything offbase or severely mistyped, my bad. I mean no disrespect to people or the English language. Also if I need to tone it down, let me know.

Welcome to the thread! :) And congrats on having the confidence to explore your sexuality. Be sure to keep us updated on how it goes.

Joeku

Welcome to the thread! :) And congrats on having the confidence to explore your sexuality. Be sure to keep us updated on how it goes.

I feel a little douchey only posting in here after having involved another man since I've had thoughts like this since having a GAF account. It was all kinda just navelgazing before, though. And honestly, this wasn't even really going for it, but it's a step towards that and I hope to be able to bare my soul more as this aspect of me develops. It's nice to have people to listen to the rambling.

Thanks for reading, you guys. :)

DOWN

Banned
~yay~ congrats dude. yall doing anything for halloween?

No clue. Last year he said he ended up having to push someone's car on the highway wearing a spider-man costume so I hope it is something like that

EDIT: He had to stop by a co-worker's going away party for a few minutes and I stayed in the car but he snagged me this hat so it's becoming a thing

uPkh0X0l.jpg

I feel a little douchey only posting in here after having involved another man since I've had thoughts like this since having a GAF account. It was all kinda just navelgazing before, though. And honestly, this wasn't even really going for it, but it's a step towards that and I hope to be able to bare my soul more as this aspect of me develops. It's nice to have people to listen to the rambling.

Welcome.

There's nothing douchey. People do things at their own pace and things can get in the way of people figuring themselves out (like that whole 'either 100% or 50%' thing) and heaps of queer people on gaf don't post in these threads at all. :)

VegiHam

So I went to a bar today and it was boring, even though it was with friends.

What am I supposed to do at bar, sit drink and talk...? I find that boring.

Huh. That's the whole reason I love going to the pub with my mates. Sitting drinking and talking is always really interesting to me.

berzeli

Banned
Are you watching Please Like Me? If not you should, you should also join me in the OT I made for the series.

It's like Looking, except nothing like it. It also happens to be very, very good (which also makes it nothing like Looking). I'm not actually sure what the best way to describe it would be, it draws comparisons to Girls and Seinfeld but it isn't really comparable to them. It is a funny, sweet show about things which aren't always funny or sweet.
tumblr_mjkjusaJ1e1qag1wuo1_250.gif

tumblr_mk4eygjGkc1rt4k5qo2_250.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Are you watching Please Like Me? If not you should, you should also join me in the OT I made for the series.

It's like Looking, except nothing like it. It also happens to be very, very good (which also makes it nothing like Looking). I'm not actually sure what the best way to describe it would be, it draws comparisons to Girls and Seinfeld but it isn't really comparable to them. It is a funny, sweet show about things which aren't always funny or sweet.

Ah, is there a new season? I think I watched the first two seasons and then forgot about it. I sometimes found it difficult to find the show online as someone living in the US. I enjoyed what I watched, though. I'll check out your OT!

mantidor

You don't really need to do anything, let things flow naturally, maybe you'll never involve a guy ever again and that doesn't change your feelings and attractions.

I feel sexuality works much better when you let flow naturally.

berzeli

Banned
Ah, is there a new season? I think I watched the first two seasons and then forgot about it. I sometimes found it difficult to find the show online as someone living in the US. I enjoyed what I watched, though. I'll check out your OT!

Started airing again this week. The previous seasons ended up on Hulu, not sure how long it will take for the new one to get up there but the first episode of this season is streming on the official site and youtube (with no region restrictions!).

Sagely

Thank you for sharing your story, Joeku! Don't feel bad about posting after your experience - I think it can be easy to consider yourself not "proven" queer before you have an encounter. Your situation has some similarities with mine in that I'm also in my late twenties and only considered exploring my sexuality more recently. Our generation wasn't educated properly about there being a spectrum of sexuality, I feel: your words about not fitting into a gay/straight/50% group really resonate.

As others have said, have fun exploring and take things at your own pace :) Congratulations on your experience and acceptance; it's an exciting new chapter for you!

Sai-kun

Banned
@joeku wow that's a hot story, nice.

for what it's worth, threesomes can be way more fun than twosomes, given the opportunity! and since it seems like you have a good vibe already going between the three of you, i'm willing to bet you'd have a fun time. just don't overthink it, and do whatever feels comfortable and right for you, and do your best to not judge yourself or pre-judge yourself in whatever you decide to do. just have fun!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Ah, definitely don't feel douchey! There are no expectations for who or when someone should post in here. Do as you need.

I'm glad your experience was such a positive one. Keep us posted on your journey. :)

Man, so excited to see Peaches tonight. Going to be a crazy show if this video is anything to go by. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT7iJ3yxd6g

Kinda frustrated though as both Neon Indian and Garbage are playing tonight as well and I really wanted to see both of their shows as well, especially Garbage, who is playing their debut album in full for the 20th anniversary.

halfbeast

Banned
they were like 55% husky but when you look at them they were adorable and not hairy
so yea Otter

so, hairy guys can't be adorable?! D:<

although, not a fan of being categorized by animals, you read "no bears!" and you don't know if you're one or not, or one of the many sub-categories. or if one of the sub-categories are fine again, it's so stupid.

then again I haven't been officially licensed as gay so maybe that will give you the proper animal-category *shrugs*

Thanks for this! I'm six eps in. Starting to hate Josh and his treatment of Geoffrey. Tom is super cute.
I'm glad he ditched the fake pregnant girl.

Symphonia

Banned
Huh. That's the whole reason I love going to the pub with my mates. Sitting drinking and talking is always really interesting to me.
Same. Although I tend to think I'm some sort of philosopher once I've got a few drinks in me, and tend to rattle on about shit, trying to disprove various theories from around the world. I once tried to convince a former employer that Einstein's theory of relativity is all wrong. I laughed, they laughed, he took my name off the bar tab.

Monocle

<snip>

Great story. I completely relate to not fitting into a single label 100%. I think you have a good attitude about this whole thing. Society promotes such primitive, repressive, confused attitudes about sexuality. The sad fact is that a lot of people think life should conform to labels, not the other way around. It's nice to hear from someone who's more or less wormed his way out of that tangle of nonsense. It sounds as though you found a more authentic way to understand your sexual identity, and that's great. Keep exploring.

yepyepyep

Interesting that this tends to have a more positive reception overseas than it does in Australia. I've only seen bits so I can't judge, but most of the viewer reception is negative. But then again Australians have the worst taste in TV. The only things that rate here are Reality TV cooking shows and singing competitions.

DOWN

Banned
I'm at a table at a festival my internship is in charge of and I had no idea I would be stuck alone for like 10 hours rip so I told my boyfriend not to come and I am eating a giant corn dog

okay so i got a question for anyone in mexico: I went to the dentist in Mexico today okay so his office is just called his last name (let's go with gomez or something) so it's "clinica dental dr.Gomez." So after waiting 3 hours they call my name and stuff and like his work place (where they have the dentist chairs and stuff) is decorated with diplomas and certificates from everyone who works there. I noticed that in his certificate he has a different last name and next to his framed diploma (they stand out from all the others) there's another framed diploma of another guy with the last name the dr uses (gomez.) So I wanted to ask: can you get gay married in Mexico? and also, can you change your last name to the last name of your husband (in ss marriage, not hetero) in Mexico? I realize I should know this since I'm literally 3 minutes away from Mexico but I barely notice shit that goes on in the US :v

but yeah that's my story

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Life is Strange season finale on Tuesday. Please don't mess that up after how good the other episodes were DONTNOD.

Kevyt

okay so i got a question for anyone in mexico: I went to the dentist in Mexico today okay so his office is just called his last name (let's go with gomez or something) so it's "clinica dental dr.Gomez." So after waiting 3 hours they call my name and stuff and like his work place (where they have the dentist chairs and stuff) is decorated with diplomas and certificates from everyone who works there. I noticed that in his certificate he has a different last name and next to his framed diploma (they stand out from all the others) there's another framed diploma of another guy with the last name the dr uses (gomez.) So I wanted to ask: can you get gay married in Mexico? and also, can you change your last name to the last name of your husband (in ss marriage, not hetero) in Mexico? I realize I should know this since I'm literally 3 minutes away from Mexico but I barely notice shit that goes on in the US :v

but yeah that's my story

Yes and yes.

DOWN

Banned
You always look amazing :)

sad_frog.jpg
Lol I look and feel single as anyone could be at this event. They didn't let me go change even though they told me I could arrive in bad clothes and then change into my good ones so I'm sitting here looking messy by myself

Also one of my supervisors is gay and had me checking in vendors and when I was done, he said I saved him and "do you like massages?" And I was like "uh not really" and he said "well I really appreciate your help and I can give you a gift card to my spa. Thanks so much." There was a brief moment in my head of "where you going with this?" Lol

EDIT I just got asked what the performance schedule is tonight and I accidentally clicked your frog pic and showed them that before snatchin my phone back to switch tabs to the schedule and I'm laughing so hard by myself

Kevyt

Lol I look and feel single as anyone could be at this event. They didn't let me go change even though they told me I could arrive in bad clothes and then change into my good ones so I'm sitting here looking messy by myself

Also one of my supervisors is gay and had me checking in vendors and when I was done, he said I saved him and "do you like massages?" And I was like "uh not really" and he said "well I really appreciate your help and I can give you a gift card to my spa. Thanks so much." There was a brief moment in my head of "where you going with this?" Lol

EDIT I just got asked what the performance schedule is tonight and I accidentally clicked your frog pic and showed them that before snatchin my phone back to switch tabs to the schedule and I'm laughing so hard by myself

Did you accept the gift card? I'm assuming he's not the one who does the massages.

lol at the frog pic!! I'm laughing too just thinking about what their reactions could have been.

What were you their reactions? lol

Kevyt

Isn't gay marriage limited only to certain states in Mexico, but recognized federally or somesuch? I only vaguely remember reading about this quite a while ago; I seem to recall Mexico City having more liberal laws at the time or at least legalizing it first.

I'm not entirely sure. I only remember reading in the news that Mexico legalized (sort of?) same sex marriage.

DOWN

Banned
Did you accept the gift card? I'm assuming he's not the one who does the massages.

lol at the frog pic!! I'm laughing too just thinking about what their reactions could have been.

What were you their reactions? lol
No I told him not to worry about it and thanks

They just said "oh" and I pulled the phone back tragically

OK so I wanted to get some feedback or something, I'm not sure, about the situation at work. It's not super serious or anything, but please hear me out.

Last time I posted in this thread was about the SCOTUS decision and how I phrased something to my boss.

More time has passed, we still work together during the week, no issues or anything, in fact we get along even better now I think! Thing is, he's always trying to get me to laugh with his behavior, in which I can only describe as "stereotype gay" I guess? I hope that's not offensive. Anyway, he says things like "even for a gay man that's too much glitter!" or does gestures like jazz hands. I can't help but laugh because it's absurd, especially when HE'S the one doing these actions. He was an actor (I've mentioned this in the Tremors 5 thread), so I wonder if that's part of it?

Anyway, I feel really bad for laughing sometimes because I don't consider myself a homophobe, but at the same time, I'm laughing at these stereotypes he's doing on purpose right in front of me. I've told him I feel like an idiot as well as bad for laughing, but he just smiles.

???

OK so I wanted to get some feedback or something, I'm not sure, about the situation at work. It's not super serious or anything, but please hear me out.

Last time I posted in this thread was about the SCOTUS decision and how I phrased something to my boss.

More time has passed, we still work together during the week, no issues or anything, in fact we get along even better now I think! Thing is, he's always trying to get me to laugh with his behavior, in which I can only describe as "stereotype gay" I guess? I hope that's not offensive. Anyway, he says things like "even for a gay man that's too much glitter!" or does gestures like jazz hands. I can't help but laugh because it's absurd, especially when HE'S the one doing these actions. He was an actor (I've mentioned this in the Tremors 5 thread), so I wonder if that's part of it?

Anyway, I feel really bad for laughing sometimes because I don't consider myself a homophobe, but at the same time, I'm laughing at these stereotypes he's doing on purpose right in front of me. I've told him I feel like an idiot as well as bad for laughing, but he just smiles.

???

Speaking from a slightly inebirated gay male perspective, I don't find anything wrong with this at all.

I generally invoke stereotypes for laughs and such and I don't see any real problem with it. It only becomes a problem when you're judging someone before meeting them based on stereotypes. If he's actively invoking these and trying to get a rise out of you, there's nothing wrong with laughing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom