• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Did you create your own cut-out boyfriend there, BD? :p

It's not like your Cleric Elf was much help anyways. :p If you're in the back-row you can't hit enemies physically without long range weapons like a spear or bow.
Why did you make an elf a healer? Aren't they the ones doing crits?

i'm screaming this is so bad omfg...

but here it is: bask your eyes in true #artpop http://i.imgur.com/o9crM9f.png

Name: Aubrey Graham, nick name daddy (you don't have to call him that... you can call him zaddy too (or whatever you want))
Race: Human
Alignment: Good bc he's a babe

he has a knife on his pants bc he's edgy and i've played too many jrpgs

he doesn't wear a shirt bc he breathes through his upper body (???) it's his tragic backstory

I'm less likely to hesitate to use this guy because of his...unique design than I am because I'd have to piece him together in my editing program to be useable for the body portrait, haha. I kind of like the idea of a variety of character styles for the adventurers, and due to special snowflaking unique character ideas, there's no human characters in the guild yet.

38Zc5xc.png

This is an idea of what I'd be seeing once a character is inserted into the game.

Did you create your own cut-out boyfriend there, BD? :p

Why did you make an elf a healer? Aren't they the ones doing crits?

The best stats for elves are actually their intelligence and piety. Also, Clerics have to be either good or evil, which restricted the character options. Your Jogurt "Jh'reen" Joestar was the best candidate for this very important task.

I'm less likely to hesitate to use this guy because of his...unique design than I am because I'd have to piece him together in my editing program to be useable for the body portrait, haha. I kind of like the idea of a variety of character styles for the adventurers, and due to special snowflaking unique character ideas, there's no human characters in the guild yet.

38Zc5xc.png

This is an idea of what I'd be seeing once a character is inserted into the game.
wait what??? oh shit i thought you'd just put in the name, race, and age and it'd be some random portrait lol my bad...

looks like zaddy will not have his debut this time around

Kater

Banned
Sheesh, I mean, who plays humans in RPGs. Boring!
The best stats for elves are actually their intelligence and piety. Also, Clerics have to be either good or evil, which restricted the character options. Your Jogurt "Jh'reen" Joestar was the best candidate for this very important task.
It's all good.

Is the Fairy a healer too?

Sheesh, I mean, who plays humans in RPGs. Boring!

It's all good.

Is the Fairy a healer too?

Sai's Fairy is a mage. S/he didn't get much of a chance to cast any spells either. Your MP levels tend to start pretty low in these games. Seath's Thief Elf didn't do much combat either, but she at least filled everyones pockets with gold that will probably be used for everyone's resurrection bills.

wait what??? oh shit i thought you'd just put in the name, race, and age and it'd be some random portrait lol my bad...

looks like zaddy will not have his debut this time around

Nope, I can actually change the pictures in the files so that anything you draw or find online can be saved ingame (the picture of the anime girl is an example of that actually, she's a character from Touhou). So Zaddy can still have his grand RPG debut. I'd just personally find it more ideal if the headshot was attached to the rest of the body, hahah!

Who else is pumped for Halloween? It's like my 2nd favorite holiday and i'm so ready for it. Around this time last year, I fucking fell in love with Lana's Gods & Monsters when Jessica Lange sang it on American Horror Story. So, yeaaahh, here goes nothin'. Cover.

Who else is pumped for Halloween? It's like my 2nd favorite holiday and i'm so ready for it. Around this time last year, I fucking fell in love with Lana's Gods & Monsters when Jessica Lange sang it on American Horror Story. So, yeaaahh, here goes nothin'. Cover.

I work overnights right now so I'll be at work for Halloween this year. I normally love going out and checking out what people are going to dress up as in the bars though. Haven't been to a Halloween based party in quite a long time actually.

I work overnights right now so I'll be at work for Halloween this year. I normally love going out and checking out what people are going to dress up as in the bars though. Haven't been to a Halloween based party in quite a long time actually.

Ah man. Do you guys get to partake in the festivities at work at least? You kinda HAVE to at some minimal degree hopefully, especially if it's gonna be all night time!

Ah man. Do you guys get to partake in the festivities at work at least? You kinda HAVE to at some minimal degree hopefully, especially if it's gonna be all night time!

True, but my hotel is about 20 minutes out from the city so I imagine any hijinx will be minimal. I found out pretty late that I can dress up for work if I choose, so I'll have to see if I want to and can whip something up. Last minute wardrobe changes isn't generally my thing, but who knows.

EDIT: So I was bored at the end of my overnight shift and I decided to take the liberty of making Blood Diamonds picture into a full picture, fit to join a Guild.

Behold, and be amazed!

Bladenic

These 3 weeks are truly JRPG heaven. Tales of Zestiria is already out and I'm liking it quite a bit, Trails in the Sky Second Chapter FINALLY!!!! being released next week, and then Yo-Kai Watch coming out (and I really liked the demo). Too bad school and life will prevent me from devoting time to them as I would like to, makes me miss the early day of easier college or high school where I could spend so much time playing games without any true effect on my life. Oh well.

TitS is so bad. Instantly regret that purchase. The internet is wrong on that.
I respect your opinion, I likely understand your opinion. But I definitely do not agree with your opinion.

Part of the problem is that, like with many things, the people that enjoy the game sometimes never really say why they enjoyed the game. I enjoyed Trails in the Sky because it had a slow low key story that took a sweet ass time while I grew to love the characters interacting and the region that the game takes place in. By the time the shit finally does start hitting the fan, I felt like I fully understood the implications as to why the bad stuff was bad. I didn't have to take anyone's words at face value, I saw the people in places that would be affected with my own eyes. This is why I'm anxious to see how the second game plays out because now I'm fully aware of most of this back story from experiencing it myself, and I'll likely feel even more invested in fixing whatever crisises come towards Estelle and Liberl.

The reason that people not explaining what makes the game good to people is an issue is because that same thing that I adored is likely what you hated. You probably felt like the game was too slow paced, and spent a lot of time doing quests and running around from location to location without anything interesting going on. You might have found the main characters to be too tropey and cliche. And there's a good chance that you weren't very excited by the battle system (I enjoyed it, but it definitely wasn't the highlight of the game. It gets better as time goes on though.) Overall it seems like Trails in the Sky have a very love or hate game, and while I don't agree with you disliking the game, I can definitely see why it's a game that's not for everyone.

B-Dex

I respect your opinion, I likely understand your opinion. But I definitely do not agree with your opinion.

Part of the problem is that, like with many things, the people that enjoy the game sometimes never really say why they enjoyed the game. I enjoyed Trails in the Sky because it had a slow low key story that took a sweet ass time while I grew to love the characters interacting and the region that the game takes place in. By the time the shit finally does start hitting the fan, I felt like I fully understood the implications as to why the bad stuff was bad. I didn't have to take anyone's words at face value, I saw the people in places that would be affected with my own eyes. This is why I'm anxious to see how the second game plays out because now I'm fully aware of most of this back story from experiencing it myself, and I'll likely feel even more invested in fixing whatever crisises come towards Estelle and Liberl.

The reason that people not explaining what makes the game good to people is an issue is because that same thing that I adored is likely what you hated. You probably felt like the game was too slow paced, and spent a lot of time doing quests and running around from location to location without anything interesting going on. You might have found the main characters to be too tropey and cliche. And there's a good chance that you weren't very excited by the battle system (I enjoyed it, but it definitely wasn't the highlight of the game. It gets better as time goes on though.) Overall it seems like Trails in the Sky have a very love or hate game, and while I don't agree with you disliking the game, I can definitely see why it's a game that's not for everyone.

Yep the pacing to me is atrocious. Hours in still doing boring fetch side quests with nothing significant happening.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
TitS is so bad. Instantly regret that purchase. The internet is wrong on that.

I wouldn't go as far as saying as bad but overhyped by the fans. The snail pace of the game is grating and so far I don't see anything that makes it special like many people seem to call it. The issue of pacing is not a new thing on JRPGs but in this game it feels like an eternity. I get Final Fantasy 13 vibes at the pacing but the convoluted crap, the annoying characters and tube design of FF13 removed.

Yep the pacing to me is atrocious. Hours in still doing boring fetch side quests with nothing significant happening.
Out of curiosity, how far are you into the game, and how do you like the characters so far, including the NPCs? Have you talked to any of them again as the story went on?

Kevyt

It's for a Dungeon Crawler I'm playing, Elminage Gothic . If you've played Etrian Odyssey it's similar to that, but more archaic (being very similar to the old Wizardry games). You create a team and go into dungeons, fighting monsters, getting loot, glory, and possibly doom. I already made a team of 6 GAFers, but they all quickly died in a terrible swarm of Sporeballs. So they need people to rescue them and be backup.

All you would need to do is come up with a character based on the parameters below and then they can be made for the game (I could make people myself, but I think it's more fun to make members based on other peoples ideas)

Name: (First, Last, and Nickname)
Race: (Human, Elf, Dwarf, Gnome, Hotlet (basically a Halfling/Hobbit), Fairy, Werebeast, Dragonewt (basically a Lizardman)))
Alignment: (Good or Neutral)

Elf 15-500
Dwarf 30-200
Gnome 25-400
Hotlet 30-80
Fairy 5-30
Werebeast 5-60
Dragonewt 20-300

And Image: Can be anything you want that you can find online, but it must be SFW (can be risque) and it must be drawn, not a photograph
I'd also prefer that it be a body shot, not just a head
Or you can tell me what you'd like to see and I'll try to find an image myself

That would be everything you need for this "project"

Nerd!

Robido was kicking ass with the most kills actually. He can sometimes follow up an attack with a kick, and once followed THAT up with a body slam. He's also the only person right now that can do 2 hits in a turn.

He even managed to escape from the Sporeball hoard, but on the escape back to the surface, he failed to run away after the party got the jump on another monster group. I'm not exactly sure how he failed to run away after getting the jump on some monsters...

Sounds like something Robido would do in real life.

Raven.gif

Interesting condoms.

i'm screaming this is so bad omfg...

but here it is: bask your eyes in true #artpop http://i.imgur.com/o9crM9f.png

Name: Aubrey Graham, nick name daddy (you don't have to call him that... you can call him zaddy too (or whatever you want))
Race: Human
Alignment: Good bc he's a babe

he has a knife on his pants bc he's edgy and i've played too many jrpgs

he doesn't wear a shirt bc he breathes through his upper body (???) it's his tragic backstory

Are you pulling a Hideo Kojima on your character?

Sai's Fairy is a mage. S/he didn't get much of a chance to cast any spells either. Your MP levels tend to start pretty low in these games. Seath's Thief Elf didn't do much combat either, but she at least filled everyones pockets with gold that will probably be used for everyone's resurrection bills.

Why does my character have to revive everyone?

Not me. I've never celebrated Halloween. Thanks to my fundamentalist Christian parents. Since I was a child I've always heard "it's the devil's work/pagan/Satanists holiday." By the time you're an adult you're just indifferent to it.

Nerd!

Sounds like something Robido would do in real life.

Raven.gif

Interesting condoms.

Are you pulling a Hideo Kojima on your character?

Why does my character have to revive everyone?

Not me. I've never celebrated Halloween. Thanks to my fundamentalist Christian parents. Since I was a child I've always heard "it's the devil's work/pagan/Satanists holiday." By the time you're an adult you're just indifferent to it.

Your character is as dead as everyone else Seath. But she was opening all the chests that enemies leave behind, and the cash they had will be used to pay for everyones church bills instead of new upgrades.

Also, I think those STI condoms are more like an idea/concept that the teens made. It'd be interesting if it worked, but honestly id rather just stick a condomed banana in my bum or nonexistent cooch(I imagine they were made for straight couplings in mind) than find out from a partner putting it in.

Here's Zaddy and another Letter's character, Chocho, completed and ready to help in the rescue effort. Does anyone else wish to make a stat sheet so they have aid to complete their mission and possibly be part of the larger adventure?

Incidentally, I'm far far far from being an artist, so I used this picture to do a better job at making Zaddy proportional when I put the parts Blood Diamond provided together.

Here's Zaddy and another Letter's character, Chocho, completed and ready to help in the rescue effort. Does anyone else wish to make a stat sheet so they have aid to complete their mission and possibly be part of the larger adventure?

Incidentally, I'm far far far from being an artist, so I used this picture to do a better job at making Zaddy proportional when I put the parts Blood Diamond provided together.
assdksjdfn oh my god sorry i feel asleep yesterday and forgot my original character existed

Kevyt

^^ fapfapfapfap

Barry, I'm sad that my Elven thief died. :(

It was a suicide mission from the report that was given. I'm questioning the judgment and reasoning of said player in command who sent them to their deaths.

I'm super excited.

Tried on my Halloween costume today, going as Star Lord. I can't wait for the parties on Friday and then handing out candy on Saturday!

Kevyt

I've got the scariest costume of all ready to go.

11148626_1201295159887208_266359949482257242_n.jpg

Potential downsides: I'm white, so people may think I'm actually serious. Then again, if wearing that shirt doesn't draw at least one dehumanizing stare from a minority, then it obviously isn't doing its job properly.

Wow!! I should have gotten that! I would totally wear that. I'm brown so I wonder how people would react lol

Golnei

Idk if I can relate to a brown Star Lord.

Even if it's being done as a joke, I find it to be in poor taste - it doesn't matter how good someone looks in it, you'll always be perpetuating Hollywood's anti-white agenda if you try to erase one of the rare instances of positive white representation in mainstream media.

DOWN

Banned
So, who wants to help create a character that gets used, (and possibly dies) in a dungeon crawler that I'm playing? I already have 6 poor souls wandering from Letters that are wandering in a cave as ghosts and need to be rescued.

Obligatory (but somewhat related) cheesecake at the top of the page:

e8746d46caa1686eda01ebc4f3e518b5.jpg

His arm is as thick as his waist
Even if it's being done as a joke, I find it to be in poor taste - it doesn't matter how good someone looks in it, you'll always be perpetuating Hollywood's anti-white agenda if you try to erase one of the rare instances of positive white representation in mainstream media.

You had me baffled for a flash second lol

I'm super excited.

Tried on my Halloween costume today, going as Star Lord. I can't wait for the parties on Friday and then handing out candy on Saturday!

All out! The jacket looks awesome. I don't have a costume idea yet.

True, and I agree. I prefer the classic Castlevania formula tbqh.

High five!

LoS could have been good if they hadn't gone with that cliched storyline. I just wanted to play as a belmont who fights dracula. Is that so hard a premise for them to do? Unfortunately they had to play that "shock!" ending nonsense because apparently games nowadays can't have simple story structures.

Argh gonna go yell at kids to get off my lawn now :p

Astral Dog

Team Igavania, they have the best art, music, attempt at story and bosses. Grindy easier and copy pasty sometimes but they are fun.
Im not sure to count CR or CotM but those were good toó.

DOWN

Banned
I was blind to the beautiful:

Lighter

from Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz so thanks PopGAF

because Miley Cyrus is the biggest distraction there is from Miley Cyrus's talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom