• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Go for an android tablet or even a windows tablet (there are some really good and cheap alternatives out there).

Android and Windows 10 > iOS

Why people pay for overpriced iPads (and Apple products in general) is beyond me... Seriously.

link to $200~ android/windows tablet that is better than ipad mini 2

Ah, yes. I was completing forgetting windows but surface tablets are amazing. One recommendation my partner would make would be the Asus MeMo Pad Note 8 (the "note" means has a stylus and the without "note" does not), which runs Windows 8.

Why does he recommend that one?

Not really on topic but I found out I'm going to do some work for the game awards! I work doing visuals for live shows, mostly tv and award shows. This is so crazy. I remember when I decided to study graphic design it was because it was one of the things I thought could lead to maybe a job in videogames. 11 years later, it seems like it's sort of happening.

I think they got in touch with the company I work for because we did a lot of stuff for Premios Juventud which was video game themed. This one one of the songs I worked on, I think it's one of the highlights of my career just because I enjoyed doing it so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMm05oFgJNs

Oh dear. Those images are making me gay noooow. I go back and forth about finding Shawn Ashmore attractive, but he looks good in that scene. I need to rewatch those movies.

But really, I can't think of a single fictional or real man that I idolized/wanted to be as a kid who I didn't later learn was gay in some way. (The only exception I can think of is Yoda, but I guess he's not really a "man.") I don't know if it's entirely just coincidental or if I had some uncanny young social attraction to them.

Did anyone else have this experience?

The funny thing about this is that one of the Ashmore's (can't remember which, they're twins) played a gay character in Warehouse 13

Razmos

o-ICEMAN-GAY-900.jpg
That whole scene is still weird to me.

Kater

Banned
I like how Marvel has queer characters throughout their universe now. It's nice to be represented in a media that I like.

Kevyt

Thought you'd love these benchmarks ������

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9686/the-apple-iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-review/6

Oh yes the A9 is a beast of a chip. The hexa core GPU in it is much better than anything out there even beating Intel's mobility iGPU.

But I don't think there are apple tablets with the A9 chip?

Still, Android is much better. o/

I got two; Asus Zenpad S 8, and Google Nexus 9. Both are Android tablets. Let me find you some good windows tablets, I know Gaf was going crazy over a small Windows tablet because it had full windows and you could legitimately game in it (meaning it had enough raw power to handle light gaming).

So, maybe it's just me, but I kind of always thought Iceman was gay.

It's just you. I've always seen Iceman as the epitome of masculinity and heterosexuality.

Menaged

I don't remember who recommended it, but I owe him a big thank you.
I just finished watching the first season (why is it so short???) and I had so much fun. I fell in love with everyone there after the first episode, and just couldn't get enough of it.
It's fun, funny, light-hearted and yet can be quite emotional.

Ty4on

But I don't think there are apple tablets with the A9 chip?
A7 and A8/A8X are all earlier versions of the same CPU and GPU architectures. Apple has always used Power VR GPUs and since the A6 they've designed their own custom CPUs.

For heavy gaming the A7 isn't super powerful (still good performance), but for productivity the CPU is up there with anything on the Android side in single threaded perf. The A7's CPU was so unique in the mobile landscape that it got its own article on Anandtech.

I'm more upset over the animation style. Who thought that was a good way to draw people?

Snowing out here in Utah for the second day in a row.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Iceman is definitely one of the gayer X-men names.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
A not-unexpected update on the boxer: He identifies as gay, not bisexual.

I figured, sadly, that this was bound to happen. It's unfortunate how bisexuality ends up used by many as a stepping stone and position of safety when coming out.

3phemeral

He wanted something with the full power of a PC but in a compact form factor. He takes notes during his rotations and needed something inconspicuous during rounds. He needed Windows because he can annotate pdfs and has more full-featured programs do complete whatever tasks he's required and if he needs anything on Android, he can install AMIDuOS to use it as an Android tablet.

I was so worried about my midterm exam, because, all of the questions were worded weirdly, so I guessed on a lot of the questions using what I knew. However, relief came today when the curved grades came in and I got a B+! At least I won't have to retake this class.

I was so worried about my midterm exam, because, all of the questions were worded weirdly, so I guessed on a lot of the questions using what I knew. However, relief came today when the curved grades came in and I got a B+! At least I won't have to retake this class.

Congrats, that's awesome.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I got two; Asus Zenpad S 8, and Google Nexus 9. Both are Android tablets.

What makes those better than the iPad mini 2?

57QdHw0.png

thats what the curious/questioning labels are for

He wanted something with the full power of a PC but in a compact form factor. He takes notes during his rotations and needed something inconspicuous during rounds. He needed Windows because he can annotate pdfs and has more full-featured programs do complete whatever tasks he's required and if he needs anything on Android, he can install AMIDuOS to use it as an Android tablet.

Ah, so would it be fair to say that that one is more geared towards a work environment - productivity and the like? How is it for music/movies/games/browsing?

Monocle

The initial reveal was weird (full gay?).

The conversation between young Iceman and old Iceman from the previews I saw was quite poignant.
He has the full blown gay. Isn't that how we queermos talk about our condition?

I think hot twins might be a universal fetish.
6.-June-K2-Twins.jpg
Hmm....

VLWQ84Nl.jpg

Lc5g8bS.jpg

iskYt9V.jpg
lHX8Mz6.jpg

PkdHCsN.jpg

hLE12Is.jpg

rG8Vs3U.jpg

5gSqdLA.jpg
mxBvBp6.jpg

D0dpkdV.jpg

Twins are OK I guess.

I figured, sadly, that this was bound to happen. It's unfortunate how bisexuality ends up used by many as a stepping stone and position of safety when coming out.
Unsurprising.

3phemeral

Ah, so would it be fair to say that that one is more geared towards a work environment - productivity and the like? How is it for music/movies/games/browsing?

Yes indeed. So it depends on what you want, ultimately. Granted, it's a small screen for doing full blown work, but if he wants to watch a movie, he'll just send it to the Chromecast if we want a bigger screen. The portability with desktop productivity apps are really the defining reasons he recommends it.

As for gaming, I'm not sure. He doesn't use it for that. It only has 2GB of RAM and probably lacks a dedicated video card. There's not a lot of HD space so it's primarily wifi reliant for accessing movies/storing & accessing docs. Despite that, the performance is fine.

I should have asked: what are you using it for?

To be fair, I think part of that young Bobby coming out dialogue was due to Bendis trying to channel "teen." I.e. How do you do, fellow kids.

The adult Bobby dialogue though was very relatable. (When you take away the mutant hero stuff.) Link could be considered spoiler?
http://static01.nyt.com/images/2015/11/06/arts/06iceman-web/06iceman-web-superJumbo.jpg

That panel, "Just today... and maybe tomorrow..." I think was basically the thought process of my younger self.

Monocle

cross-posting because apparently it's redhead appreciation day and I feel too tired and giddy to use my brain for anything productive

VqDQEKY.jpg

asdfhgsf
I'm not sure what to think about readheads.

Kpxdz4T.png

9U1NwfTl.jpg
UDIIHwql.jpg

tbyP3Kxl.jpg
6SeTjNfl.jpg

NBTfvho.jpg

xjkEnQ8.jpg

Don't they make your, um, hackles rise?

That oughta fix the hunk drought we've been having around these parts

To be fair, I think part of that young Bobby coming out dialogue was due to Bendis trying to channel "teen." I.e. How do you do, fellow kids.
Lol, that could be it.

The adult Bobby dialogue though was very relatable. (When you take away the mutant hero stuff.) Link could be considered spoiler?
http://static01.nyt.com/images/2015/11/06/arts/06iceman-web/06iceman-web-superJumbo.jpg

That panel, "Just today... and maybe tomorrow..." I think was basically the thought process of my younger self.
Yeah, that seemed to be handled much better. I might have to pick up that issue.

DOWN

Banned
I think a lot of people use the term bisexual without being sure that they are not. No malice in it generally but rather that sense that a lot of lesbians and gays talk about where they began realizing they had attractions to the same sex but didn't think that their (heteronormative influenced) past beliefs about their potential partners and attractions were totally wrong. This is also confused by the fluidity of sexuality (i.e. many people make comments that they might be willing to try things with the opposite sex or that they find exceptions in their sexuality where they find someone hot that doesn't actually reflect the orientation they state).

Someone gay who realized it over time but after having many physical relationships with the opposite sex for example, may think they must be bi since they weren't totally averse to the opposite sex. Over time, they may learn that it had more to do with some sexual fluidity and their overall heteronormative upbringing than what their real overwhelming preferences are long term.

And then there is the layer where someone may think it is a safer term. Saying bisexual to their family means they weren't lying or confused, or aren't taking away the validity of their past statements or relationships with opposite sex partners. It also leaves the possibility for them to only/mostly engage in those heterosexual relationships long term, which may be far fetched, but it's a bit of wishful thinking that someone coming out may feel giving out eases the blow to the family/friends they are telling.

So yes, it does suck that bisexual gets misused as a term as the side effect is people not even believing it exists. But I think questioning may be a stage many people don't really know or feel is a conclusive identity to share so I guess I kind of get why the mislabeling is common. Questioning is sort of the private stage before you think you have found the right label, whenever that label is seeming to be different than you realized (learning you aren't straight, are bi/gay, are fluid). A lot of people in the "i have liked the opposite sex but I also am learning I like the same sex" may be gay, but don't know that they are not bi and are rather at a point where they would be better off having the foresight to say they are questioning when asked or even when asking themselves.

It seems like it sort of goes sometimes:
"I think I'm straight like everyone else">"I like the same sex too? Maybe it is a phase/ won't be a factor in dating life">"yeah, I accept that I like the same sex, but I don't think exclusively. Bisexual"> "I've dated around and know that I'm no longer getting connections to the opposite sex like I once thought I had, so maybe not?">"yeah I'm gay actually"

That's what I gather but I'm gay and never identified as bi publicly so I welcome other input.

I think I had the denial stage thinking I could be straight and just in a curious phase, then thought well I see good things in both so I can just hide the homo side of me, then eventually knew I really wanted guys but thought I could never tell, then I used the term gay in my mind, then I finally thought one day I'll be out, then silly as may be I saw my mom's reaction to Anderson Cooper and was able to come out to my family a few months later.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

I agree with your idea for the writing of young Bobby coming out. That's how it came across to me. Even if it seems a bit misguided, I think the writer was going for "not yet mature."

I like that linked page quite a bit. Though Jean needs to keep to herself more. I get that she provides a great narrative tool because she can say things that would seem off or cheesy if a person were expressing it for themselves, but she's rude. However, I guess that could be part of her teen persona. I meddled in other people's problems when I was trying to help them when I was younger, too.

I think I had the denial stage thinking I could be straight and just in a curious phase, then thought well I see good things in both so I can just hide the homo side of me, then eventually knew I really wanted guys but thought I could never tell, then I used the term gay in my mind, then I finally thought one day I'll be out, then silly as may be I saw my mom's reaction to Anderson Cooper and was able to come out to my family a few months later.

Minus the Anderson Cooper detail, this is a great description of my own experience. Nicely put.

Also, the rest of your post sounds good to me, but I never publicly identified as bi as well.

Dany

Banned
I'm not going to discuss bisexuality, since I am not bisexual. If someone tells me they are bisexual then who the hell am I to argue it. I do agree that many people who are questioning is a stage that many people don't feel comfortable being at, with DOWN. But if thats what they say they are, then thats what they are.

People identify themselves as what they believe themselves are. Putting labels on sexuality is a useless task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom