• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Well yeah, obviously. Nothing wrong with being excited; just when I go to the front page of GAF hoping to get a bunch of interesting stuff to read and I find out that Fallout has a glitch thread, a 'PS4 preload issue' thread, a review thread, a PC performance thread, a mods thread and a spoiler thread all separate from the |OT| it's a bit disappointing. Alas, I cannot force GAF to only have threads about stuff I find interesting.

Edit: Oh, and that's not even counting the ones that are like 'IGN: Fallout 4 may or may not look a certain way cus of the 360 or something idk' and stuff.
Well, that's to be expected, it's a game millions have waited for for some time now and they finally get to play it. That's why you see so many threads. Same thing happened with any other game. And if there are threads that don't need to be open then mods will close them, so worry not. :p

DOWN

Banned
This man is out for Xbox blood today and I'm living for it (I've got Xboxes too but I admit I Stan pS4)
f63adf85a720b96469dd7ea2abf56b28fe1cb938.png

Ekai

So... I feel down for IRL reasons. I don't feel like playing video games, watching animes, or even meet my friends. I tried to go out, went to a gaming bar, got bored and felt left out, went to a gay bar, except it was completly empty so nothing to do (and, well, I never felt at ease in gay bars), and then went back home.

I have this opportunity which may very well change my future (in a very good way), but fate just keeps yanking my chain, and it keeps escaping me. I'm growing very sick of this situation. I feel utterly useless, powerless, and I can't stand waiting anymore. I'm sick of having arguments with people close to me about things we will never agree on (namely politics, religion and sexuality). I'm sick of people who act completly irrationally (and a close friend to me said something a week earlier which left me wondering if she was sane; when you hear someone say that she wants to kill an animal, a dog in this instance, because it supposedly has a "dark soul", you are left a little shocked). I'm sick of being alone. I'm sick of childish, lying and self-centered jerks. I'm sick of having no clear future.

Sorry about the rant. I needed to get that off my chest. I just want to finally move on with my life and begin anew, explore new possibilities, leave behind several things I'd rather forget about, but I need that opportunity to happen.

No need to apologize, Nohar. : ) I know sometimes things can be a bit overwhelming all at once butt I'm sure the opportunity will happen. Venting is important and if it helps, you have no reason to apologize for anything. I hope things work out and that you find a place you're happy in. Away from people who make you feel toxic and bleh.

Ekai

My grandad is having open heart surgery right now. Something about four arteries and one valve.

My mum had open heart surgery when she was 10, maybe a pattern is starting?

How did the surgery go, if you don't mind me asking?

Be careful yourself, sounds like it runs in the family. : (

Hey guys just a quick update. I know it's been quite some time.

Not sure where to start though, but I'll try my best. I guess the bottom line is things didn't really work out between myself and the cute guy from class. At least romantically. Was kinda cut up about it, which is why I didn't bother updating after it happened about 3 weeks back. I'm only just now getting back to my normal self, before all of this relationship stuff happened.

Basically a lot has happened in the 6 or 7 weeks I haven't posted. Too much to go into any significant detail about. But I will give a basic rundown of what happened.

I became more bold with my intentions, convinced that there must be a reason he wasn't rejecting my advances. I allowed myself to fall for him, and I was completely blind to the fact that I was really the only one initiating anything. As I continued attempting to get to know him better, I ended up growing increasingly distraught and frustrated with a lack of response from him. It became emotionally exhausting, with the constant "he doesn't like me" "wait yes he might" buzzing around my head.

I told myself that surely if there wasn't any interest on his end he would be upfront about rejecting me. But instead of that happening, I continued to be stuck in a state of uncertainty.

So one day when I grew tired of the game, I decided I would be straightforward about my sexuality. Sounds odd, but it was something that had always been avoided with him and I. He never directly spoke of his sexuality, and I never had the opportunity to speak about mine. I just assumed that he would know, that I was obvious.

We had been talking about an LGBTQ issue from class, and I used it as an opportunity to come out to him. Told him I was into guys, but that I also straddled the fence. His response?

"Oh. I didn't know that"

Surprised at his response, I let it be and we rushed to class. After class ended I was saying goodbye and he had the kind of look on his face that he was seriouly thinking about something. I figured he was piecing things together.

I guess he thought I was just a friendly straight guy. But now that he knew what my sexuality was, he would be able to put the pieces of the puzzle together. And I was right, he did.

I messaged him about the gym the next day and he told me that he would work out with me, but that I must know that regardless of his willingness to lift, hangout socially, or share notes from class, his actions were not to be mistaken for anything romantically motivated.

My initial reaction was surprise, but then a wave of relief washed over me. All I could think about was that I was finally free from the emotional weight that had been hanging around my neck. Yeah it was dissappointing, but I finally had some god damn closure. I would be able to move on.

The next day he apologized to me in person, saying that he was sorry if he sounded abrasive. But he knew after my revelation because he had the same experience with another gay friend of his. I told him not to worry about it and we headed to the gym and everything was fine, and our interactions were the same as they had always been. Jokes and all.

So yeah he likes guys too (gay, bi, I don't know), he's just not interested in me romantically and we're just good friends.

The reason I say I've been cut up about it for a few weeks though, is that after the initial relief I experienced the first few days, I started getting really emotional about it.

I had become so used to putting all of my emotional energy into him for the past two months, there was now a void and a feeling that something wasn't quite right. I think I really just missed the idea of being close to him. I realize these feelings are entirely selfish on my part, I only long for him because I'm still attached to him. But what I felt for him was like a drug. Every time we got together or I got a "signal" it was like I was getting my fix. Now that there was no longer an opportunity for that, I went through a withdrawal period. Still kind of am. Sometimes we get together and he does or says something and I'm reminded why I fell for him in the first place.

I really, really liked this guy. Truly grew deeply attached to him, and I don't think I will ever not think of him affectionately in some way. That's just the kind of person I am. It's how my closest friend came to be.

All of that said, I'm very happy and thankful that he and I have remained good friends.

I'm off to bed, but I'll make sure to respond to any replies in the morning.

Kevyt

That's a heart breaker HornedBeast, but I'm glad you're finally getting over it. It's tough but at least you have made a friend.

KiN0

As someone who is going through the same thing right now, I'm really happy you managed to find closure HornedBeast.

Hi guys, been awhile in this forum and just found out this awesome thread! So, i will gonna fill this :D

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay
Where Are You From? Indonesia
Where Do You Live? Jakarta
How Old Are you? 31
Favorite Type of Music? POP and GAGA!
Profession or Career interest? Graphic designer here
Favorite video game(s)? FF series, point and click adv
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Im an audiophile and movie goers!

scarlet

I screamed

I don't get it, explain it to me. Related to PS4 release?

Hi guys, been awhile in this forum and just found out this awesome thread! So, i will gonna fill this :D

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 31

Oh. Hi. Hello there

Symphonia

Banned
PS4 is getting it a whole year after the initial XONE release. No definite edition, or with all the DLC, just the bog-standard edition with no new additions - just a year later than everyone else. I've honestly no idea what they were thinking making it a timed exclusive for XONE - they lost out on a huge market base there.

LOCK

So I was just told the "I'm a sinner and that what I'm doing is wrong but they still love me" speech, so how has your day been so far? lol

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 31
I like you already.

Kevyt

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 31

Hi, and welcome! So many graphic designers as of lately. Amazing. :D

DOWN

Banned

Oh. Hi. Hello there

PS4 is getting it a whole year after the initial XONE release. No definite edition, or with all the DLC, just the bog-standard edition with no new additions - just a year later than everyone else. I've honestly no idea what they were thinking making it a timed exclusive for XONE - they lost out on a huge market base there.
Actually we don't know what they will do to it, but it will be at least the same as Xbox One, perhaps with the cutscenes at 1080p and maybe the DLC.

The humor of the tweet is that the smallest fan base of Tomb Raider is on Xbox One so the sales and release are going relatively under the radar by releasing among far more promoted multi platform titles including Fallout 4 on the same day, and the game's botched exclusive deal means they ended up announcing it for PC and PS4 before it even hit Xbox, so all those players will not have to buy it on Xbox to get it because it comes out on the more popular console in a year.
Is that a 0 fps joke??

I almost got sucked into the hype, but then I remembered I have yet to finish Xenoblade and Zestiria.
Yes lol. Xbox One hit 0fps in the digital foundry performance analysis

That's a heart breaker HornedBeast, but I'm glad you're finally getting over it. It's tough but at least you have made a friend.

Thank you, and it really has been tough. But like you said, at least I've made a good friend. That makes it all worth it. It's not often that you meet someone you have so much in common with.

As someone who is going through the same thing right now, I'm really happy you managed to find closure HornedBeast.

Thank you~
Hope it works out as well for you as it has for me.

Wow. Totally feeling you, especially this little part. Glad you told him and everything seems to be fine. So proud.

Berordn

Wait, what? Seriously?

Yup.

But that's not the whole story. On top of this, Xbox One is unique in its suffering of a stuttering issue, halting the game experience for up to a second during play. It's a glaring hitch downward, and matching runs to the gates of Diamond City shows Xbox One dropping to a record 0fps (zero) while PS4 turns the same corner at 28fps. Each has their blips, but having tested two separate Xbox One and PS4 consoles, the results are always the same across the world at large; we get sizeable stutters on Microsoft's console that aren't present on PS4.

3phemeral

Hey guys just a quick update. I know it's been quite some time.

So yeah he likes guys too (gay, bi, I don't know), he's just not interested in me romantically and we're just good friends.

I'm off to bed, but I'll make sure to respond to any replies in the morning.
Was wondering what happened with this. I'm happy you finally have some finality to this situation at least and move on to other things. Thanks for the update :)

Yes lol. Xbox One hit 0fps in the digital foundry performance analysis

0 fps? Wow.

C2O5eAg.gif

Palmer27

Hey,
I poked my head in here about 2 months back when I joined Gaf. I've been wanting to come out for about 3 months but keep not ACTUALLY doing it.
So now - officially in writing - I will be coming out tomorrow. I'll pass on how it goes :)...

3phemeral

Hey,
I poked my head in here about 2 months back when I joined Gaf. I've been wanting to come out for about 3 months but keep not ACTUALLY doing it.
So now - officially in writing - I will be coming out tomorrow. I'll pass on how it goes :)...

Good luck. Is this to family, friends, YouTube? :)

Is that the original OLED or regular LCD?

Congrats! o/

it's blue. so LCD

Yup LCD. :p

Still pretty early, just got to the part
where cat seraphines are introduced in the game
. So far, it's a hit and miss.

I like your glasses :) and that slime thing on your night stand..... Is it a lamp? a plushie?

Hah thanks. Slime is a janky ass DS stand/speaker. It works poorly as both, but it's so adorable. I figured it can just sit there and look purrty.

Awesome. :)
What games did you get?

Gonna grab Danganronpa and P3Portable to start, I think.

Nice, I guess I'm half part of vitagaf, cause I have a vita TV. I really need to finish playing persona 3 portable.

Yeah I'm grabbing that too. Have you played FES? I'm teetering on going the P3P route.

Buy Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky FC and SC

Definitely on the list. Just reading the localization hardships they had makes me wanna buy it to support their effort.

No this is my first real persona game, I played person 4 arena with friends but no other real persona games.
I am super hyped for persona 5, looks super cool I'm loving the design of it.

Yeah I feel ya.

SE needs to step its pussy up, cause (at least for me) Persona has dethroned Final Fantasy these days as the RPG king.

3phemeral

Thankfully, no. It snowed this time last year but it's been surprisingly warm this month. I'm hoping the trend continues so that we have a mild winter and an early Spring. We usually lose about 1.5 months of Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom