• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Anyone seen the documentary Do I Sound Gay? I saw the trailer and it seems interesting. Any thoughts about it?

Ekai

talez of zeztriwhatever has a canon gay protaganist

but it's apparently dumbledore-ish in that it's never confirmed in the game, and only mentioned/implied by the game's producer.

i hate that shit lmao. shit doesn't count!

It's subtly implied numerous times within the game and there's a spolerish end game skit where Sorey pretty much confirms his 'babe-hunting' would revolve around Mikleo. Can't say what happens specifically in the skit because of massive spoilers involving certain characters.

It's subtly implied numerous times within the game and there's a spolerish end game skit where Sorey pretty much confirms his 'babe-hunting' would revolve around Mikleo. Can't say what happens specifically in the skit because of massive spoilers involving certain characters.
Now I really need to keep playing. Is Mikleo interested in women?

talez of zeztriwhatever has a canon gay protaganist

but it's apparently dumbledore-ish in that it's never confirmed in the game, and only mentioned/implied by the game's producer.

i hate that shit lmao. shit doesn't count!

Did they ever say anything about Richard and Asbel from Tales of Graces? They were obviously gay too.

This is great news. I was already half way through Zesteria.

Bladenic

Did they ever say anything about Richard and Asbel from Tales of Graces? They were obviously gay too.

This is great news. I was already half way through Zesteria.

I mean not really he ended up with Cheria

But it was hilarious how Assbel was all ignorant of Cheria liking him but boy was he ever so worried about Richie

Vazra

But it was hilarious how Assbel was all ignorant of Cheria liking him but boy was he ever so worried about Richie

Why worry about Richie when you have Malik in the party?
latest

Uh yeah, a bit too preoccupied with Richard. Much moreso than he was about Cheria.

Its never explicitly stated in Graces either but it was pretty obvious.

Vazra

Uh yeah, a bit too preoccupied with Richard. Much moreso than he was about Cheria.

Its never explicitly stated in Graces either but it was pretty obvious.

But you are forgetting that everything on Graces F was the Power of Friendship™. They surely liked throwing the friend talk every few minutes.
tales_of_graces_pascal_by_link111234.gif

B-Dex

Just got Beyond on PS4. That Party scene. Getting revenge. Amazing.

Too bad I wanted the other boy to hit on me though. Blondie had an English accent at least.
I kissed him and was then called a witch slut and shut in a cupboard under the stairs like Harry Potter. I had Aiden murder them all basically.

Astral Dog

So that Tales of character IS truly gay, without a doubt, according to some "novel" and obvious undertones, maybe that thread could have lead to some interesting discussion, but the OP was a bit clumsy in presenting the topic so it makes sense they had to close it,

its just presented somewhat vaguely without any physical interaction.

Vazra

So that Tales of character IS truly gay, without a doubt, according to some "novel" and obvious undertones, maybe that thread could have lead to some interesting discussion, but the OP was a bit clumsy in presenting the topic so it makes sense they had to close it,

its just presented somewhat vaguely without any physical interaction.

"Producer Hideo Baba has gone on record saying that Tales of Zestiria does not have a specific heroine and that players are free to choose their own."

Something about that seems also odd considering how upfront they are about leads on previous games. At the same time they surely loved selling Alisha's figures
to people without knowing what was about to happen

Astral Dog

"Producer Hideo Baba has gone on record saying that Tales of Zestiria does not have a specific heroine and that players are free to choose their own."

Something about that seems also odd considering how upfront they are about leads on previous games. At the same time they surely loved selling Alisha's figures

They say that character is also implied to be
Bi
in a DLC chapter, with both the new "her" and the main hero protagonist.

hmm, but i cant say much more , not that familiar with the series.

Vazra

They say that character is also implied to be
Bi
in a DLC chapter, with both the new "her" and the main hero protagonist.

hmm, but i cant say much more , not that familiar with the series.

I have yet to finish the DLC chapter. Perhaps one of the worst DLC extras. Lucky I got it for free cause 10 bucks for that is ugh.

Vazra

Cool, thanks. Will watch tommorow.

Finished watching not too long ago and it was good. There is a few people talking about being comfortable or uncomfortable with their voices and seeing the guy trying to change plus some small history lesson of gays on films. Definitely worth a watch.

Golnei

Finished watching not too long ago and it was good. There is a few people talking about being comfortable or uncomfortable with their voices and seeing the guy trying to change plus some small history lesson of gays on films. Definitely worth a watch.

If it's put together well, I'll definitely look into it. Thanks for bringing it up.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Check the trailer that should give you a decent idea of what to expect really.

Thanks for sharing. That interests me. Maybe I'll check it out.

The YouTube comments on that video are kind of comedic in how much they suck. Despite there only being three, they're pretty representative of YouTube comments in general.

Ekai

Now I really need to keep playing. Is Mikleo interested in women?

He and another female seraph have their tiffs but it's more playful banter between friends than anything with a romantic undertone to. And it's more her on him really.

Mikleo doesn't express much of any interest in any women at all in the game from what I remember and I'm pretty much right at the very end. Hell, there are spa skits near the very end where one of the guys is super into trying to peep on the girls and Sorey and Mikleo are busy geeking out about ruins and stuff and aren't paying any attention at all to literally anyone but each other. So yea, they have no interest whatsoever in women in a romantic or sexual manner. The game kinda hints as much a lot about Sorey's cluelessness with women in particular. I have two optional bosses from two game long sidequests and the final dungeon and final boss and I'm done. Haven't gone back to it for like a week or two now however cause of playing other games and getting a Wii U recently. Plus I have work a lot due to being short-staffed and I'm also working on music stuff and lots of other life shit so. Yea. Just need to actually spend a afternoon sometime to beat the few remaining things in the game.

Outside of the subtleties and the skit I'm referencing that kinda sorta confirms Sorey's interest in Mikleo, Mikleo and Sorey do share what basically amounts to the "balcony" scene that all the other Tales love interests get before the final showdown. There isn't any kiss or anything but I feel there's an understated undertone to the scene. Sorta. It's in the middle of all the other characters discussing stuff as well but they're elsewhere in pairs too. The thing is the game isn't 100% explicit about it (it's honestly pretty subtle) but I feel it's hinted at enough within the game that you can pick up on them being interested in each other.

The marketing before Zestiria was released focused heavily on
Rose
so it's not like the whole
Alisha
thing was out of nowhere. I still get the impression it's people mad over
"their waifu". And honestly Rose was a far more interesting character to me. She had way more depth and personality. Alisha was very cardboardy and one-note a lot of the time. She more or less played the straight-man role but she didn't play it very well in my opinion so her absence I didn't mind at all. Plus I much preferred Rose's playstyle.

He and another female seraph have their tiffs but it's more playful banter between friends than anything with a romantic undertone to. And it's more her on him really.

Mikleo doesn't express much of any interest in any women at all in the game from what I remember and I'm pretty much right at the very end. Hell, there are spa skits near the very end where one of the guys is super into trying to peep on the girls and Sorey and Mikleo are busy geeking out about ruins and stuff and aren't paying any attention at all to literally anyone but each other. So yea, they have no interest whatsoever in women in a romantic or sexual manner. The game kinda hints as much a lot about Sorey's cluelessness with women in particular. I have two optional bosses from two game long sidequests and the final dungeon and final boss and I'm done. Haven't gone back to it for like a week or two now however cause of playing other games and getting a Wii U recently. Plus I have work a lot due to being short-staffed and I'm also working on music stuff and lots of other life shit so. Yea. Just need to actually spend a afternoon sometime to beat the few remaining things in the game.

Outside of the subtleties and the skit I'm referencing that kinda sorta confirms Sorey's interest in Mikleo, Mikleo and Sorey do share what basically amounts to the "balcony" scene that all the other Tales love interests get before the final showdown. There isn't any kiss or anything but I feel there's an understated undertone to the scene. Sorta. It's in the middle of all the other characters discussing stuff as well but they're elsewhere in pairs too. The thing is the game isn't 100% explicit about it (it's honestly pretty subtle) but I feel it's hinted at enough within the game that you can pick up on them being interested in each other.
Thank you :). Someone in the closed thread said nothing was hinted at between Sorey and Mikleo but there was between Mikleo and Edea. I had only played to about two hours in when I asked, and by four hours in it is clear that things are hinted between Sorey and Mikleo, so I guess this shows how much of a role expectations play in how things are interpreted.

I would have preferred it if it was something like Sorey is gay and Mikleo is bi but oh well. :)

Sorry about the work problems and stuff. Enjoying the Wii U? :)

Bladenic

Thank you :). Someone in the closed thread said nothing was hinted at between Sorey and Mikleo but there was between Mikleo and Edea. I had only played to about two hours in when I asked, and by four hours in it is clear that things are hinted between Sorey and Mikleo, so I guess this shows how much of a role expectations play in how things are interpreted.

I would have preferred it if it was something like Sorey is gay and Mikleo is bi but oh well. :)

Sorry about the work problems and stuff. Enjoying the Wii U? :)

Her name is Edna, and no, there's not a single hint of romance between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom