• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
Which beach do you usually go to in Florida DOWN? I'm in love with a coastal town called Flagler Beach, I lived near there as a teenager.

That's pretty north for me. Daytona Beach is the farthest north beach I've gone to. I go to Cocoa Beach near Cape Canaveral if I am in Orlando, and Juno Beach / Palm Beach / Singer Island when at my parents house.

B-Dex

I'm LAUGHING MY ASS OFF at Bomba Raider. Camilla Flopington can take her psychopathic murdering ass hellbent on revenge against a private military corp. to the trash.

Kevyt

I'm LAUGHING MY ASS OFF at Bomba Raider. Camilla Flopington can take her psychopathic murdering ass hellbent on revenge against a private military corp. to the trash.

Huh? I'm lost...

Kids today and their modern pop stuff and TV shows and music that sounds like a foreign language old people like me...

Ugh.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Huh? I'm lost...

Kids today and their modern pop stuff and TV shows and music that sounds like a foreign language old people like me...

Ugh.

Rise of the Tomb Raider sales. US sales results via NPD were released today, and it seems that the game didn't perform very well.

Kevyt

Okay unless you're like 60+ you should know what Tomb Raider is, the franchise is nearly 20 years old and has movies too

cartoonnetwork_o_259356.jpg

I get WAY too jealous when it comes to liking someone lol.

How come?

Do you get jealous when you see someone touching this guy's hair?

anigif_optimized-3242-1421858481-10.gif

Does the girl touching his hair make you jealous?

3phemeral

Snow is the best, but I can do without -40C winters tbh (it's only -2C right now tho lol).

4/20blazeit while listening to Scanner then upload your mind to the (circa ~1990s) telecom system via dialup modem.
I'm so happy it's been 40+ in Grand Rapids since that one weekend of snow during thanksgiving; been able to go out in a thin jacket at night. It's a nice change to the onslaught of snow we had everyday for 6 months with practically no dip into melting temperatures until mid Spring. Snow just kept piling up and up. It was a traveling nightmare.

Elitist1945

How come?

Do you get jealous when you see someone touching this guy's hair?

anigif_optimized-3242-1421858481-10.gif

Does the girl touching his hair make you jealous?

ill_kill_you_office.gif

Leave my Abel alone :(

My best friend realized I liked dudes when I kept getting obviously jealous when the guy I liked would hang with him and not me haha.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I think its snowed where I live, like, three times in my entire life and I live a decent ways north of Orlando so I can believe it.

gross, move

I've been to Canada twice and Denmark and England and a bunch of northern states like NY...

But always in summer

travel the world more ugh

drag

Bladenic

Forrealzies tho, Rise of the Flop Raider better sell ridiculously well on PC/PS4 to make up for these awful sales or else she's dead. I think SE got too cocky releasing it up against all these much bigger franchises.

Weird question: have any of you ever dated a guy with lots of stretchmarks/noticeable imperfections and such? and if so how much influence did their bodies have on your opinion of them as a romantic interest?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Weird question: have any of you ever dated a guy with lots of stretchmarks/noticeable imperfections and such? and if so how much influence did their bodies have on your opinion of them as a romantic interest?

My whole body is one giant imperfection made up of a galaxy of imperfections, so I've never really felt like it's my place to discriminate that much. Wouldn't really be fair of me to write someone else off for standards that would disqualify me.

3phemeral

I was with someone who had severe acne for two years. When we went on a date, I never focused on it because 1) incredibly pretty eyes and 2) very sweet and soft-spoken, which was different from a lot of the guys I had dated up to that point. It really wasn't a big deal at all when he started getting to know each other and hanging out more frequently. I never thought about it after a few weeks. After we became more of a long-term couple, it just became one of those situations where I would do what I assume that most people do in relationships, and that was be supportive of your partner when they felt particularly insecure about that aspect of themselves.

It just depends on what you perceive to be your threshold for whatever standard of beauty you're applying to your potential partners. I honestly don't see something like that to be a deal breaker, especially if you're thinking long term. Both of your bodies will be changing down the line and I'd hate to be held up to some standard of perfect at a stage in my life where I'm physically incapable of complying.

I've been with a few guys with stretch marks and things, it doesn't bug me one bit. It sort of comes with the territory of weight gain, muscle or otherwise. I don't even notice it. So it has zero bearing on a romantic relationship.

That said I have plenty of said imperfections myself. Stretch marks everywhere and some loose skin from my weight loss. I've definitely run into guys that were put off by it. I've been on dates where people ask me about my weight loss, then immediately ask me if I have loose skin and stuff. That or they mention it during sex. It's really depressing sometimes.

LOCK

Stretch marks are I find to be normal. You can be chunky or muscular and have stretch marks of some sort. Most people have stretch marks that aren't noticeable though, no severe discoloration.

Some characteristics such as a large mole or skin discoloration, for example, are noticeable but wouldn't prevent me from going on a date with some one. At this point in my life looks are sliding further down the totem pole of importance.

Kater

Banned
Stretch marks are not anywhere near a dealbreaker. Sure, they don't look great but hey it's just one small imperfection and every person has at least some small thing to them that's not perfect.

Kevyt

PercheD for both UC4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC next year.

That they thought TR could compete during the holiday season on the Bone alone is risible.

UC4 isn't coming to PC sadly.

I wouldn't even consider them.

I'm kidding. I myself have stretch marks on my thighs, around my knees and arms. It's annoying and I just wish I didn't have them. :(

As someone with acne not really at all if I already liked them it would change my opinion on them. Im not expecting everyone to be perfect, sometimes they have no control over those imperfections, so i wouldn't love them any less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom