• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
beans and rice good too.

RedBeansandRice.jpg
Damn that looks really good. I love beans and rice.

B-Dex

Why do guys with lots of foreskin like sending gross pics of their peens with twist tie looking fungal growth nasty foreskin. Like seriously gross.

One I've read is an appropriately named AGE (Advanced Glycation End products) process where sugar consumption restricts cell flexibility, causing wrinkles because of rigidity:

Yeah, also insulin sensitivity and various other systemic/hormonal factors. It's pretty complicated which is why I just end up appealing to the intuitive but admittedly somewhat tautological argument of "you are what you eat".

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Okay but I'm 23 and have some lines from aging (like not wrinkles but creases?) but my 30 year old boyfriend has none. His forehead refuses to bear any lines

Right there with you.

Lifestyle, including diet (and sleep, and exercise) are going to have an effect on how you age. This isn't really a mysterious new concept.

I've accepted the fact that I'm on track to die by age 40 or 50. Such is my life.

That pill is soon going to let you live to be 120. Plenty of working years to save up for plastic surgery if you end up not aging well.

Of course we all know that looking good is the only thing that matters as a human being.

Palmer27

Good luck. Is this to family, friends, YouTube? :)

>One month later<
Went very well thanks :) Basically just telling family and friends individually. Tbh almost a bit of anti-climax considering how nervous I was about it - I've been very lucky with the decent people I have around me.

Thanks for asking (a month ago)

Palmer27

Heyo,

Does anyone use hair clippers to get that sweet feel in between proper cuts?
My hair grows way to quick :( At the same time I don't want ruin a nice cut with a crummy pair.

Any pro tips please?

DOWN

Banned
Okay but processed food are great. Milk and yogurt in the grocery store are processed and bread is processed and process away

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Tbh this is why I didn't watch 4-6 until now, and I still have never seen 2-3. I just didn't/don't really have any curiosity about it, and if something doesn't strike me as being interesting, I just have no motivation to see it. That it is so engrained in our (American) culture doesn't really have any bearing on whether or not I see it.

i thought curiosity was something that came with being bi but i guess not

IDK, I've just developed a perception of them from sheer cultural osmosis, and I've seen a few scenes from the return of the jedi when my english class was covering that hero with a thousand faces thing. I can appreciate that they're probably good or whatever, but it's a cultural touchstone in the same way that like superhero stuff is a cultural touchstone. I wouldn't ever blame someone for not knowing it, and in a way I might almost respect them more for it, for some reason. No contemporary fantasy/hero's journey narratives are really going to be 'necessary viewing'. Those are like the oldest kinds of stories that exist, and we already have tons of them. At least the Simpsons or something is like hilarious and brilliant social commentary and like the purest kind of icon for the era that produced it.

you assume too much

3phemeral

Yeah, also insulin sensitivity and various other systemic/hormonal factors. It's pretty complicated which is why I just end up appealing to the intuitive but admittedly somewhat tautological argument of "you are what you eat".

That's often the easiest way but in my circles, it's pretty much cliche for me to spout it so I have to resort to explaining specific processes. But even then that's hit or miss as it becomes too complicated and they default to "everything is carcinogenic/going to kill you anyway."

>One month later<
Went very well thanks :) Basically just telling family and friends individually. Tbh almost a bit of anti-climax considering how nervous I was about it - I've been very lucky with the decent people I have around me.

Thanks for asking (a month ago)
Anti-climax is probably the best possible situation. As was mentioned in a TED talk that Razmos posted, I can't wait for the day where the simple act of holding hands means nothing. Where it's neither a statement of politics or even recognized by a passerby, even if it's a positive.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Good luck on finals.

And I just ordered Danganronpa 2. Wednesday cannot arrive fast enough.

Also who else here is on the amiibo wagon? I received a toon link nendroid as a gift, but I think I'm gonna sell it cause I'd rather have a toon link amiibo. (Even though nendroids are considerably pricier)

I am partially sitting in the wagon. I buy the ones I want (and can find ;_;), but I'm not collecting them all. I'm currently resisting the urge to buy a discounted Animal Crossing 3-pack because although I love K.K. Slider, I don't care about the others.

Toon Link is a good one (though he looks so odd next to the other LoZ amiibo, hehe).

I am partially sitting in the wagon. I buy the ones I want (and can find ;_;), but I'm not collecting them all. I'm currently resisting the urge to buy a discounted Animal Crossing 3-pack because although I love K.K. Slider, I don't care about the others.

Toon Link is a good one (though he looks so odd next to the other LoZ amiibo, hehe).
Yeah im in the same boat, i have a few, and there are some that i really want like the yoshi wolly world one. But i dont want to collect them all.

Whoa what store is running a discount on the triple pack AC amiibo?

And yea I'm not being a completionist either. Just buying the ones I care for.

DOWN

Banned
look at how literal I can be
What do you categorize as processed foods? I literally just googled processed foods and the Google excerpts are like 'you eat more processed foods than you think and lots of them are not as bad as you think'

What's different about processed foods with bad nutritional values and unprocessed foods with bad nutritional values?

Ty4on

And I just ordered Danganronpa 2. Wednesday cannot arrive fast enough.
I got quite sick last Christmas and couldn't do much. I had just completed DR1 and had for a while thought about buying DR2 physically when I found a good deal for it, but when I fell sick I decided to buy it digitally at full price.

I very rarely buy games nowadays and have always waited for the price to go down, but didn't regret that decision for a second.

I will admit that I liked DR1 a little bit more than 2. It's not a clean sweep, DR2 had better music and the first case especially was much better in DR2. Slight spoiler I guess, but it felt like a real case and not an overly easy tutorial like in DR1.
The characters in DR2 just didn't click that much with me and while they were more stereotypical in DR1 they were also more relatable to me. Small niggle though. DR2 was still great and aesthetically much better and varied.

you assume too much

k

That's often the easiest way but in my circles, it's pretty much cliche for me to spout it so I have to resort to explaining specific processes. But even then that's hit or miss as it becomes too complicated and they default to "everything is carcinogenic/going to kill you anyway."

Yeah, I find that I'll read about it, but it is complex, so I only end up retaining the really basic points anyways. It's not really a hill I want to die on, but it's a little tiresome seeing people delude themselves.

What do you categorize as processed foods? I literally just googled processed foods and the Google excerpts are like 'you eat more processed foods than you think and lots of them are not as bad as you think'

What's different about processed foods with bad nutritional values and unprocessed foods with bad nutritional values?

If you still feel like being obtuse then I guess I'll help you out: I think McDonald's and soda would probably count as the 'bad' kind. But that's okay, summoning an ounce of intuition or reading from context can be hard.

"eat a lot more vegetables, and a lot less shit" is generally a good rule of thumb.

DOWN

Banned
k

Yeah, I find that I'll read about it, but it is complex, so I only end up retaining the really basic points anyways. It's not really a hill I want to die on, but it's a little tiresome seeing people delude themselves.

If you still feel like being obtuse then I guess I'll help you out: I think McDonald's and soda would probably count as the 'bad' kind. But that's okay, summoning an ounce of intuition or reading from context can be hard.
Let's not go after personal intellect. It's not like me stanning fast food and its relatives is new territory. I was asking seriously, as processed foods gets used in a blanketed way when I don't know that it's as demonic as it can come off when people simply say to avoid them. If the nutrition content in one's diet is balanced, is there any problem with processed foods involvement in that diet?

I don't really count much as "shit" if it's eaten in appropriate volumes and is enjoyed.

Heyo,

Does anyone use hair clippers to get that sweet feel in between proper cuts?
My hair grows way to quick :( At the same time I don't want ruin a nice cut with a crummy pair.

Any pro tips please?
I don't trim hair between cuts but I'm bumping this for more attention.

3phemeral

I knew what you meant, I was just being silly :]
D'oh! :)

I'm currently in the process of weening my mom off of Canola oil but a lot of it also also financial. Sure, it's healthier but can I afford it? Hopefully, that'll be taken care of on my end in the next few years.

I do have one friend who's exactly like you mentioned at the end of your comment. I don't engage in any conversations about it because it's not my business anyway but if the topic ever comes up, she's very confrontational and steadfast in her position regardless of how it's presented. "Why drink diet? If I'm going to drink soda, it'll be the real stuff. None of this diet bullshit."

Speaking of sodas, after the gym, I headed to the adjacent Family Fare to pick up a protein shake. While in there, I encountered two rather sweet older women scuttling their way to the beverage section attempting to reach the upper rack. I ran over and asked if they needed any help and they asked me to pick up 10 bottles of Sprite and 10 bottles of Coke. I asked if they were having a party and they replied, "No, this should last us through the month."

I was like:

2Egkhia.gif

Let's not go after personal intellect. It's not like me stanning fast food and its relatives is new territory. I was asking seriously, as processed foods gets used in a blanketed way when I don't know that it's as demonic as it can come off when people simply say to avoid them. If the nutrition content in one's diet is balanced, is there any problem with processed foods involvement in that diet?

I don't really count much as "shit" if it's eaten in appropriate volumes and is enjoyed.

It's exhausting to explain things, but ok:

'Processed foods' used as a blanket statement is both a shallow tautology and a sometimes useful heuristic. It's exactly the same as the whole 'raw foodist' thing. A lot of it is unfounded bullshit, but they happen to coincidentally get some things right, almost out of what could be considered common sense. One is that if you're eating more raw food, you're going to get a shitload less AGEs. A lot of the processes we apply to food increase AGEs. So putting that into a more sane context, maybe don't overcook stuff, don't eat tonnes or weird cured meats or stuff from the deli counter, try to buy more organic fresh produce and cook more of your own meals, or just generally try to eat more stuff that would have traditionally still been around prior to the year 1980.

Nutrition is a pretty nascent science all things considered, and to understand it involves a lot of understanding of science. That's why I emphasized intuition. Justify less of your decisions to yourself, and use more actual intuition about what is probably good for you. If you are interested there's probably some stuff you could find and read. It's probably a lot of people attacking each other via their nutritional opinions, which again is why you use intuition and try to level with yourself about what is probably actually good, and not just shit you can maybe get away with.

I'm currently in the process of weening my mom off of Canola oil but a lot of it also also financial. Sure, it's healthier but can I afford it? Hopefully, that'll be taken care of on my end in the next few years.

I do have one friend who's exactly like you mentioned at the end of your comment. I don't engage in any conversations about it because it's not my business anyway but if the topic ever comes up, she's very confrontational and steadfast in her position regardless of how it's presented. "Why drink diet? If I'm going to drink soda, it'll be the real stuff. None of this diet bullshit."

Speaking of sodas, after the gym, I headed to the adjacent Family Fare to pick up a protein shake. While in there, I encountered two rather sweet older women scuttling their way to the beverage section attempting to reach the upper rack. I ran over and asked if they needed any help and they asked me to pick up 10 bottles of Sprite and 10 bottles of Coke. I asked if they were having a party and they replied, "No, this should last us through the month."

I was like:

2Egkhia.gif

It's true. I actually cut my grocery bill a bit by going vegetarian and planning out my meals so I waste less food. A bulk bag of red lentils doesn't cost that much, then I can afford like a good EVOO or that bag of hazelnuts or whatever.

And people drink an insane amount of soda. I don't really get it, sugar can taste nice, but soda leaves me with a sickly syrupy aftertaste, it's not even like a good sweet.

if you had seen the movies youd have known that that was a reference

k
:p

3phemeral

whats wrong with canola? isnt it better than vegetable oil?

There are grades, of course, but it still contains over 30% polyunsaturated fats. Also, canola oil produces acrylamides when paired with animal fats.

I mean, there's always going to be something found to be more dangerous than [insert previously thought healthy alternative] but my view is that it's good to be flexible. Every little bit counts in the long run and I'd want to ensure that I did my best to provide information to my family when possible.

Yeah usually i just drink water, everyone once in a while i like a soda, i prefer the cane sugar to the corn syrup. I am always surprised by how much soda some people drink.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
whens lucas amiibo time

He's not available yet and it's already his time. Forever and always.

Release date is January 22, if that's what you were asking.

i got 2 Cs this semester should I be crying in despair right now

Nope, you're still early in your college career with many more grades ahead of you. It also takes some time to get used to college (my worst grades were my freshman year). Finally, a "C" isn't that bad/the end of the world.

He's not available yet and it's already his time. Forever and always.

Release date is January 22, if that's what you were asking.

Nope, you're still early in your college career with many more grades ahead of you. It also takes some time to get used to college (my worst grades were my freshman year). Finally, a "C" isn't that bad/the end of the world.

Cs get degrees.
Thanks dudes. I wasn't even shocked and i'm pretty sure they were high Cs like 77-79 percents but it was in Math and that fucking Theatre class (never again)

On the other hand I got an A in English and a B in Sociology!

Veeboy

i got 2 Cs this semester should I be crying in despair right now

My first semester in college I got one B, two C's, and a D.I don't even want to mention how bad my next semester was, but either way I'm graduating this week with honors. Your first year is very often your rockiest since you're still figuring things out. Don't worry about it. A C is nothing to cry over especially if it was in something difficult like chemistry or some math classes.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
There are grades, of course, but it still contains over 30% polyunsaturated fats. Also, canola oil produces acrylamides when paired with animal fats.

eww that doesn't sound too good. what should I be buying instead? coconut oil?

I mean, there's always going to be something found to be more dangerous than [insert previously thought healthy alternative] but my view is that it's good to be flexible. Every little bit counts in the long run and I'd want to ensure that I did my best to provide information to my family when possible.

That sounds sensible. Also, I just ate some spinach so I should be good, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom