• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
And Farscape > Star Trek.

MlRDtLB.gif

The Star Wars films have never been very good, cinematically. It's been discussed to dirt in every Star Wars thread lately. However I don't think you can deny its appeal to so many generations. It's a fun take on fantasy that sweeps away so many generations to a far off galaxy they want to be apart of. The world building is incredible.

Veeboy

So guys funny thing happened to me today. So I was walking alone in JCPenny as my family went off to do something else, when all of a sudden I'm approached by a guy who works there. Looks about maybe early 20s, dark hair,glasses and fit. Basically he was super handsome. I figured he was going to ask if I needed help but he seemed to hesitate for a second before asking me about my leg. At that point I knew he saw how I walked with a limp and wondered about it.

So I told him about the drive by and all that and he said he's a christian and he was compelled to pray for me. I go sure whatever and he grabbed my hand and held it as he prayed and asked me if i had a lot of pain in it. We held hands until the very end of the convo we had until he left to go back to work. I told him thank you afterwards and he smiled and it got kinda awk for a moment then he went back to work.

Later on I see him in the store and we see each other. He shoots me a smile and I smile back and find my family.

So yeah fun times and I find out we are going back to the same place tomorrow.
That reminds me of the time I was eating breakfast in one of my college's dining halls and out of nowhere this guy comes and sits down at my table. He told me that he felt like god was asking him to talk to me that morning. Normally I would have told him I was alright and just let him move on, but he was really cute and he had really pretty blue eyes so I let him do his preaching thing. I don't remember what he said but after he was finished we held hands to pray about something or another.

Pretty sure he was straight, but I would totally become super religious if it meant hanging out with cute guys all the time.

DOWN

Banned
People who act like soda isn't good are nerds. That shit is in high demand for a century and somebody is like "I don't put crap like that in my body and water is the way"

Puh-lease. Not matter why you don't drink soda, you are the problem in the equation. Soda is a basic crowd pleaser category and that's the secret to its success, not conspiratorial sugar addiction or capitalists imprisoning the drink market.

3phemeral

So guys funny thing happened to me today. So I was walking alone in JCPenny as my family went off to do something else, when all of a sudden I'm approached by a guy who works there. Looks about maybe early 20s, dark hair,glasses and fit. Basically he was super handsome. I figured he was going to ask if I needed help but he seemed to hesitate for a second before asking me about my leg. At that point I knew he saw how I walked with a limp and wondered about it.

So I told him about the drive by and all that and he said he's a christian and he was compelled to pray for me. I go sure whatever and he grabbed my hand and held it as he prayed and asked me if i had a lot of pain in it. We held hands until the very end of the convo we had until he left to go back to work. I told him thank you afterwards and he smiled and it got kinda awk for a moment then he went back to work.

Later on I see him in the store and we see each other. He shoots me a smile and I smile back and find my family.

7lTXgx

People who act like soda isn't good are nerds. That shit is in high demand for a century and somebody is like "I don't put crap like that in my body and water is the way"

Puh-lease. Not matter why you don't drink soda, you are the problem in the equation. Soda is a basic crowd pleaser category and that's the secret to its success, not conspiratorial sugar addiction or capitalists imprisoning the drink market.

Umm..what?

Delio

That reminds me of the time I was eating breakfast in one of my college's dining halls and out of nowhere this guy comes and sits down at my table. He told me that he felt like god was asking him to talk to me that morning. Normally I would have told him I was alright and just let him move on, but he was really cute and he had really pretty blue eyes so I let him do his preaching thing. I don't remember what he said but after he was finished we held hands to pray about something or another.

Pretty sure he was straight, but I would totally become super religious if it meant hanging out with cute guys all the time.

That's a weakness lol. I was at a bus stop once and two cute mormon guys came up to me asking about Jesus. I just let them talk cause I couldn't leave ANYWAYS and they were adorable.

He gave me the holy light ;_;

3phemeral

He gave me the holy light ;_;

When I was in uni and wasn't out, I'd fall for any seemingly straight guy that would pay any kind of attention to me. Led to a ton of disappointment and one-sided romances that I'm not even sure were intentionally directed toward me. Especially religious types that feign interest in order to proselytize. Not that you're going through the same thing - just my obviously biased life experiences reaching out to protect you.

uNNX7D

Delio

When I was in uni and wasn't out, I'd fall for any seemingly straight guy that would pay any kind of attention to me. Led to a ton of disappointment and one-sided romances that I'm not even sure were intentionally directed toward me. Especially religious types that feign interest in order to proselytize. Not that you're going through the same thing - just my obviously biased life experiences reaching out to protect you.

uNNX7D

Nah I've been through too much of that to fall into that trap. I mostly just let them pray and go along. ( Even if his prayer was honestly halfbaked. It was simply "Take the pain away") Trust me I'm not about to fall into a sudden "You are now in our church!" trap D:

3phemeral

Nah I've been through too much of that to fall into that trap. I mostly just let them pray and go along. ( Even if his prayer was honestly halfbaked. It was simply "Take the pain away") Trust me I'm not about to fall into a sudden "You are now in our church!" trap D:

GzWLzW

That's a weakness lol. I was at a bus stop once and two cute mormon guys came up to me asking about Jesus. I just let them talk cause I couldn't leave ANYWAYS and they were adorable.
Religious dudes are adorable lol. :)
I've come across that situation a few times lmao.

DOWN

Banned
I envy people who believe in supernatural stuff like that because it's got a lovely sense of hope but I also am baffled by how one gets to the point of believing that

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I envy people who believe in supernatural stuff like that because it's got a lovely sense of hope but I also am baffled by how one gets to the point of believing that

I think it's typically social influence (family, friends, community) and cultural norms that lead to belief. However, there's also the fact that existence has some unanswered and perhaps unanswerable questions, so when considering the biggest uncertainties, one can either shrug and say, "Oh well, it is what it is," or accept an answer offered by faiths.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I don't think they're good enough to be obligatory viewing.

(I have never seen Star Wars)

5po0uBB.gif

They aren't missing anything.

besides being pop culturally literate

Liobyoa.gif

My only experience with Star Wars is the prequels since my dad forced me to go see them when I was growing up. People always think I'm weird when I say that I have no interest in Star Wars.

Haven't you ever had any curiosity to see them though? Just to see what all the fuss is about and to understand all of the references and cultural shorthand (which permeates a significant portion of geek/gaming culture)? Like, I had no interest in the Twilight films but I still watched them just so I could understand what people were talking about whenever they were brought up.

Kater

Banned

Are you planning to lead him away from his flock, from the straight path to heaven? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Coke gets a bad rap

Treat all your senses by not drinking coke or poison my entire body for some light passing sensation of some state of fake clearness and the cheap excitement that is sugar.

No, I think it has the reputation for a reason, it deserves it.

Kevyt

Seath! Disney movies and now this. :( We're gonna have to have several movie nights.

Yaaassss!!

e1e99afe34689486a1ee3ed280fd48ae.jpg

<3

That sounds really sweet! Seems like the guy was really moved by your story that he wanted to pray in public like that. It's very uncommon among Christians to do this, so hey.

i mean, i dont see how its any different from grindr or whatever

yas get that christian dick!

You're right.

Seath is a lost pop culture cause TBH.

I know, and it's a burden I must live with.

i dont understand how theres a teen-adult male on a hardcore videogame forum who somehow hasnt seen any of the star wars movies

how does that even happen

I know right!

I don't think they're good enough to be obligatory viewing. But people of my generation that have never seen the classic Simpsons episodes? Sure, we can shun them.

(I have never seen Star Wars)

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Ever since you got a boyfriend you've been super sassy... lol

Ty4on

I need to play that game, and finish persona 3.

Also I have finals this week :/
I forgot about persona 3. It's not bad, it just feels slower than 4 and it is a little more rewarding when the bosses are more tied into the story rather than just being random bosses.

Goddamn I was looking up Star Wars tickets at the Alamo Drafthouse and they have screenings starting at 6am and ending at 2:30am. AND THEY'RE ALL SOLD OUT FOR THE FIRST TWO WEEKS. 6am showings on a Tuesday, sold out.

I'd be surprised if this doesn't end up being the highest grossing film ever. Avatar's weave 'bout to get snatched.

Goddamn I was looking up Star Wars tickets at the Alamo Drafthouse and they have screenings starting at 6am and ending at 2:30am. AND THEY'RE ALL SOLD OUT FOR THE FIRST TWO WEEKS. 6am showings on a Tuesday, sold out.

I'd be surprised if this doesn't end up being the highest grossing film ever. Avatar's weave 'bout to get snatched.
Yeah it is crazy, I looked for tickets at a bunch of places like Alamo also and they where all filled.
There is no way it is not going to the biggest movie of all time.

Sai-kun

Banned
Haven't you ever had any curiosity to see them though? Just to see what all the fuss is about and to understand all of the references and cultural shorthand (which permeates a significant portion of geek/gaming culture)? Like, I had no interest in the Twilight films but I still watched them just so I could understand what people were talking about whenever they were brought up.

Tbh this is why I didn't watch 4-6 until now, and I still have never seen 2-3. I just didn't/don't really have any curiosity about it, and if something doesn't strike me as being interesting, I just have no motivation to see it. That it is so engrained in our (American) culture doesn't really have any bearing on whether or not I see it.

Come to Dallas then! But its probably booked too. :(

DOWN

Banned
Treat all your senses by not drinking coke or poison my entire body for some light passing sensation of some state of fake clearness and the cheap excitement that is sugar.

No, I think it has the reputation for a reason, it deserves it.
Joke?

I always pray people who decry sugar and soda as poisons are joking, but we've all heard about Food Babe

Kevyt

Joke?

I always pray people who decry sugar and soda as poisons are joking, but we've all heard about Food Babe

It's poison! Stop drinking it!!!

Think about the children! D:

Coke poisons and drives down child mortality rates.

Also, sloths start going extinct because of Coca Cola. :(

IDK, I've just developed a perception of them from sheer cultural osmosis, and I've seen a few scenes from the return of the jedi when my english class was covering that hero with a thousand faces thing. I can appreciate that they're probably good or whatever, but it's a cultural touchstone in the same way that like superhero stuff is a cultural touchstone. I wouldn't ever blame someone for not knowing it, and in a way I might almost respect them more for it, for some reason. No contemporary fantasy/hero's journey narratives are really going to be 'necessary viewing'. Those are like the oldest kinds of stories that exist, and we already have tons of them. At least the Simpsons or something is like hilarious and brilliant social commentary and like the purest kind of icon for the era that produced it.

DOWN

Banned
Okay but I'm 23 and have some lines from aging (like not wrinkles but creases?) but my 30 year old boyfriend has none. His forehead refuses to bear any lines
It's poison! Stop drinking it!!!

Think about the children! D:

Coke poisons and drives down child mortality rates.

Also, sloths start going extinct because of Coca Cola. :(
Save the sloths

Ahasverus

Has it happened to you that you just meet someone after many years, and he's changed and gotten hotter, and there is a cross of stares during the awkward greeting talk but it's obvious you're both staring at each other, and you want to re-stablish communication but don't know how/when to not sound obvious? What a terrible predicament I'm at.
Eat better.
What should we eat?

Kevyt

:(

Okay but I'm 23 and have some lines from aging (like not wrinkles but creases?) but my 30 year old boyfriend has none. His forehead refuses to bear any lines

Save the sloths

Maybe you're not getting enough/proper sleep?

He moves his eyebrows way more than me. He's just got resistant skin and genes and sex appeal even though I keep feeding him McDonald's and I don't go in the sun

How's your sleeping?

Has it happened to you that you just meet someone after many years, and he's changed and gotten hotter, and there is a cross of stares during the awkward greeting talk but it's obvious you're both staring at each other, and you want to re-stablish communication but don't know how/when to not sound obvious? What a terrible predicament I'm at.

What should we eat?

Burger King

grossssss

edit: not really, but how would someone even gain weight on leafy greens?

I'm not talking about gaining weight, and I don't see why anyone would want to do it unless they're bodybuilding. It's generally pretty hard to eat so little that it's your bmi that's the problem, if you're not eating that much your more likely problem is that you're malnourished.

What is the scientific basis for that to influence wrinkles formation? Not a rethorical question, I'm legitimately curious.

Lifestyle, including diet (and sleep, and exercise) are going to have an effect on how you age. This isn't really a mysterious new concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom