• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also used some xmas money to get DnD 5e phb, some dice, Red Dwarf series VI, The Shadow, and Krull.

It's a good thing 32 inch LED isn't a euphemism around here :)

Dany

Banned
pq036T3l.jpg

So bored omg

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I just learned in Fire Emblem Fates that [same-sex couples and S-rank support spoiler]
the same-sex couples don't have any playable children. For female Corrin, you miss out on Corrin's child. For male Corrin, you miss out on both Corrin's child and Niles's child.
I'm kind of disappointed, both from a social perspective and gameplay one.

I just learned in Fire Emblem Fates that [same-sex couples and S-rank support spoiler]
the same-sex couples don't have any playable children. For female Corrin, you miss out on Corrin's child. For male Corrin, you miss out on both Corrin's child and Niles's child.

But are you surprised?

I found this cute guy
who's gay
on Instagram who lives in my city. How does one go from there lmao.
You can just like a few of his photos, or even leave a polite comment on one. If not, you can always just message him. Though if he isn't following you he may not see it.

I talk to guys on IG all the time. It's a nice way of meeting people.

Hopefully NoA can make up for some of their flubs and
add in the kids the MCs would have had for the US release. They can add a bit about them being adopted or just leave it as that.

But that won't happen.

Golnei

Hopefully NoA can make up for some of their flubs and
add in the kids the MCs would have had for the US release. They can add a bit about them being adopted or just leave it as that.

But that won't happen.

They already mention the
couples adopt a child
in their ending, so putting that into gameplay
(at least for the one without dragon blood)
wouldn't be that far-fetched, but it's too late for any changes that major to be made at this stage. I guess all you can hope for is that the next game will be better in that regard, but it's just as plausible for them to leave same-sex relationships out of future entries - it's pretty clear the developers view them as a disposable gimmick rather than anything of importance.

RM8

I'm the birthday boy today, woop
Happy birthday :] Early January birthdays are best birthdays.

The solution is to remove marriage / dating sim stuff / waifus from Fire Emblem :p

Alrus

The solution is to remove marriage / dating sim stuff / waifus from Fire Emblem :p

Ignoring the fact that marriage and children mechanics have been in Fire Emblem for ages. That's a very Japanese way to react to things that cause a bit of controversy. Instead of learning from the issues and making things better in the future, let's just remove it altogether so we don't have to worry about it anymore. :p I don't think that's a very positive way to go about it.

RM8

Ignoring the fact that marriage and children mechanics have been in Fire Emblem for ages. That's a very Japanese way to react to things that cause a bit of controversy. Instead of learning from the issues and making things better in the future, let's just remove it altogether so we don't have to worry about it anymore. :p I don't think that's a very positive way to go about it.
But removing those elements would make things better! :p IMO of course.

Alrus

But removing those elements would make things better! :p IMO of course.

Removing the loli bullshit would make things better. I don't see any problems with having relationships in your game otherwise as long as it's done tastefully.

RM8

Removing the loli bullshit would make things better. I don't see any problems with having relationships in your game otherwise as long as it's done tastefully.
It's kind of annoying and it hardly adds anything to the game, in my opinion. In Awakening I actively avoid getting marriages (hey, it adds a nice extra layer of strategy :p pairing units makes the game too easy anyway) and I still got Ricken marrying Miriel. The kid looks 12 :[ And jeez, they're two of my favourite characters, it's not like I can permakill them like I do with Nowi :p

Golnei

I'm kind of worried the developers view them the same way - it's telling that same-sex marriages (restricted to two characters heavily coded as archetypes appealing to straight fans of fetishised gay relationships and consciously identified as abnormal in the setting) are part of the same game that lets you marry your little sister. Of course, if the choice was between both or none, obliterating the lolis is the only sane decision.

Anyone have an inferiority complex with someone? I think I have an ok body and I dont feel bad about myself. But this guy says he is super into me and hes pretty built. Its just something Ive never experienced before. Guys like that dont usually go for me. I hate feeling like that because I know I shoudnt give it any thought to begin with. Thanks, society. #1stworldwhitegayproblems

Anyone have an inferiority complex with someone? I think I have an ok body and I dont feel bad about myself. But this guy says he is super into me and hes pretty built. Its just something Ive never experienced before. Guys like that dont usually go for me. I hate feeling like that because I know I shoudnt give it any thought to begin with. Thanks, society. #1stworldwhitegayproblems

JUST DO IT

Don't give it a thought and just run with it. Enjoy the ride. The second you start thinking too much about this subject, you're opening up a can of worms of self-esteem and confidence issues.

He likes you, embrace it and build off it. :) Best of luck.

That's how I feel about this girl I'm going out with tomorrow. Like she's the only 10/10 girl I've been in to and I'm well... I'm fine but Jesus why does she find me attractive lol.

I think we are have inferiority complexes about ourselves sometimes

LOCK

Yes, I've felt the same.

I wonder sometimes how I even got my boyfriends attention.

DOWN

Banned
Having rewatched the first 6 films, I'm watching The Force Awakens tonight finally. I'm feeling wildly excited as JJ Abrams always leaves me pleased.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm the birthday boy today, woop

Happy Birthday!

don't think that! you're perf tbh

That's how I feel about this girl I'm going out with tomorrow. Like she's the only 10/10 girl I've been in to and I'm well... I'm fine but Jesus why does she find me attractive lol.

I think we are have inferiority complexes about ourselves sometimes
I definitely know I do sometimes. And I've met some really spectacular guys that had it big time. I think it's alright to feel that way around someone you find extremely attractive. It's if you let it dictate your relationships that it becomes a problem.

marmoka

Banned

If you like him too, don't waste your time and go for it. You will not regret it.

My ancient/hellenistic philosophy prof is really hot. Normally I can ignore that sort of thing but when you're standing in front of the class lecturing and geeking out on like etymology and Greek and Latin root words and stuff it's kind of hard for me to ignore lol.

Astral Dog

My ancient/hellenistic philosophy prof is really hot. Normally I can ignore that sort of thing but when you're standing in front of the class lecturing and geeking out on like etymology and Greek and Latin root words and stuff it's kind of hard for me to ignore lol.
Aww, flirt with him

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Bring him to us.

Grakl

Happy Birthday!

A teenager called me sir and mister while I was christmas shopping for my mom. I felt like I was about to turn to dust on the spot and I'm only 22 so I feel you.

Happy birthday, though.

So you're saying there is still hope for me? Will the hotness fairy visit my on my 25th and finally make me attractive?
What do you look like tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom