• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
2iN5s.gif

Wait...is that a young Robert Downey, Jr.?

Meicyn

Gold Member
That awkward moment where you keep getting propositioned by prostitutes in Songtan and try to explain that you're gay in Korean in the hopes that they'll leave you alone forever.

It's my Birthday!!

Went out with workmates last night and got far too drunk. Ended up home somehow and 10 minutes after lying down my body decided it was a good idea to vom all over my sheets.

Clean up job today haha

marmoka

Banned
It's my Birthday!!

Went out with workmates last night and got far too drunk. Ended up home somehow and 10 minutes after lying down my body decided it was a good idea to vom all over my sheets.

Clean up job today haha

Happy birthday!! You had a huge celebration, didn't you? Haha. I hope you don't have too much hangover and can continue with the celebration today.

I went to the underwear auction last night at the leather bar. That subculture is pretty complex. They have a Court with titles like Prince, King and Queen. I think the female titles are for drag characters but Im still unclear. These guys are really serious about their leather maintenance too. Formal leather is a thing and a full set is like $2,000 - $3,000. But they do a lot of community outreach and benefits or charity (such as the underwear auction).

I also learned about Boys and Sirs. They are pretty much what you would think. The submisive and the dominant. Guys of all body types were there with their shirts off/modelling the underwear. That was their space and they felt good about themselves and felt free show off. I thought Id feel pretty uncomfortable but everyone was really nice. My friend knows so many people there that I cant remember anyones name. I stayed for a little over 2 hours but I had fun. It was an interesting experience.

It's my Birthday!!

Clean up job today haha
Happy Birthday! :D

On another note, Has anyone seen Kater around lately? Been a minute since he posted here.

I went to the underwear auction last night at the leather bar. That subculture is pretty complex. They have a Court with titles like Prince, King and Queen. I think the female titles are for drag characters but Im still unclear. These guys are really serious about their leather maintenance too. Formal leather is a thing and a full set is like $2,000 - $3,000. But they do a lot of community outreach and benefits or charity (such as the underwear auction).

I also learned about Boys and Sirs. They are pretty much what you would think. The submisive and the dominant. Guys of all body types were there with their shirts off/modelling the underwear. That was their space and they felt good about themselves and felt free show off. I thought Id feel pretty uncomfortable but everyone was really nice. My friend knows so many people there that I cant remember anyones name. I stayed for a little over 2 hours but I had fun. It was an interesting experience.
notes.gif

And where is this place? For research purposes ofc

mantidor

It's my Birthday!!

Clean up job today haha

Happy birthday!

Be careful with the drinking, vomiting while sleeping can be fatal. Thankfully you only need to clean up some sheets.

Does anyone have any gay-themed or gay-related book recommendations? Like, I'm not necessarily looking for romantic stories, but simply books that involve gay characters or incorporate it into the plot.

Richard K Morgan's A Land Fit For Heroes Trilogy has two gay main characters.

The Fire's Stone by Tanya Huff also has two gay main characters.

fernoca

As far as books, I'm not much of a reader...but I really liked 'Openly Straight'. Nice, fun, light hearted.

Is about a guy that from early on knew he was gay, so he told everyone and everyone accepted him. His mom even created a club to support gay teens, at school he was accepted, he had friends,everything was peachy...yet he was tired of it.

He felt that because everyone knew and accepted him, he would never be sure about if people were really honest to him; or afraid that if they didn't liked him they would be labeled as homophobics or ignorants. He wanted to feel rejection, tell people he was gay whenever he wanted. He wanted to meet people and get to know them rather than just have people pair him with other gay guys just because they were gay.

So he proceeds to start from scratch by transferring to a new school on a new city were noone knew him. So that he could experience how it felt to have people judge him as a person instead of not judging him for being gay.

An interesting premise. The book is narrated from the perspective of the main character and he was a bit sarcastic too which I liked. :p

marmoka

Banned
hypnotising
name is Joe Putignano

I want him to teach me how to do that. I don't know if he would enjoy teaching me, but I would enjoy the class for sure.

Joe, if you are reading this, I swear I'm a good student. It won't be a waste of time, really. Think about this man ;-)

3phemeral

Oh gawd, I just got kicked from a guild chat. People started claiming racism doesn't exist, cops aren't targeting minorities disproportionately, etc; they devolved into anecdotal messes when I countered them with polite, rational, and fact-supported data they couldn't handle it.

Of all places. lol

Where those girls at though?

11987131_10208532403213996_5380646915416930499_n.jpg

(this is also me at work)

Please never stop posting.

lmao

Oh gawd, I just got kicked from a guild chat. People started claiming racism doesn't exist, cops aren't targeting minorities disproportionately, etc; they devolved into anecdotal messes when I countered them with polite, rational, and fact-supported data they couldn't handle it.

Of all places. lol

giphy.gif

hypnotising
name is Joe Putignano
2 beefy 4 me. Looks like a G.I. Joe doll with ugly tats. Nice bubble butt, though

Of all places. lol
How do ppl think this? They must be Trump supporters. Ewww.

3phemeral

2 beefy 4 me. Looks like a G.I. Joe doll with ugly tats. Nice bubble butt, though

How do ppl think this? They must be Trump supporters. Ewww.

Someone just made an off-hand comment saying "My parents may be racist" without clarification. Then someone replied, "TBH, they could be right if it's based off lifelong experience and facts."

Eventually, the people I debated activated troll mode after trying to be "impartial" and said: "Us whites don't care about minorities and they should just realize that." "No wonder they get shot more ;)"

giphy.gif

I just tell myself I'm not arguing to change their minds but for the people too afraid to speak up (there were about 100+ people in the room). The data is there for them to review and judge for themselves what's actually happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom