• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
Paranoia Agent has been one of the few animes that I've enjoyed going back to. Most series I can only stand to watch once, because they're all just so awfully paced.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think explaining how the universe exists is more of a philosophical problem than a scientific one.

GoStc

I think I'm going to apply for an internship at PlayStation in San Fran. Need to write a cover letter, though. I've never written one as they are not an usual requirement in the hiring process in Spain :/. Any tips?

There's no way in hell I'm getting it, but it's worth the try :p

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I think explaining how the universe exists is more of a philosophical problem than a scientific one.

I agree. I think, no matter what, origin becomes an issue in most discussions. You either have to explain what created God or what created whatever preceded the Big Bang if you're approaching the question with the idea that everything had to start. From my perspective, at some point, the idea of a "beginning" becomes seemingly impossible if we view time or existence as linear, and as a result, I think it's totally understandable why some resort to religion (and others to science) to provide their answer. Science will keep asking questions, though, which is nice. Philosophy, from what I understand, will step back and question the framework of the question itself.

I think I'm going to apply for an internship at PlayStation in San Fran. Need to write a cover letter, though. I've never written one as they are not an usual requirement in the hiring process in Spain :/. Any tips?

There's no way in hell I'm getting it, but it's worth the try :p

You should be able to find some good guides online. It's been a while since I did one, but I think the purpose is to filter out the lazy and provide a statement of your qualifications and interest in the position. If you're from Spain, it might also be used to judge your English (just a guess). Definitely look up examples online.

If I remember correctly, most hiring people spend very little time reading the cover letter, so don't worry too much about it.

Camillelang

Neo Member
Had an annoying class today. We were asked how we would explain the universe's existence, and I said with science, with the Big Bang. Here's the disturbing part; on a college campus, there were actually people defending creationism. I brought up how we know the universe wasn't created in a week, but one girl said: "B-b-but time works differently for God!" Seriously, the ignorance is so annoying.

I went to University of Texas which is a big university and those dang people in my physical anthropology class were like "this is hard to study cause of God" and he kept getting hundreds on these long ass tests that took 2 hours to take and I was like what the fuck

I think asking why our universe exists is when philosophy enters the situation, but how it happened is mostly explained by science. Of course science won't tell us everything we want to know, but it's a hell of a lot better than just saying there's an isolated old man somewhere who created everything. As humans, I think we tend view the universe through an overly anthropocentric lense. The concept of a singular male God is obviously rooted in anthropocentrism and patriarchy. Once we find life elsewhere and realize that we aren't special, people will finally accept scientific truths more.
I went to University of Texas which is a big university and those dang people in my physical anthropology class were like "this is hard to study cause of God" and he kept getting hundreds on these long ass tests that took 2 hours to take and I was like what the fuck
People are weird.

DOWN

Banned
SunhiLegend strikes again

VhcQGik.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

I think asking why our universe exists is when philosophy enters the situation, but how it happened is mostly explained by science.
I guess I just read the question differently. From my point of view, you are talking about questions like "how does the universe work", or "how did the universe arrive to its present state from its starting state", but these questions are much more specific than "how to explain the universe's existence". A question like that demands that you find the nature of existence itself.

Dany

Banned
I hate OB, I hate gyene. I hate pregnancy and mostly I hate this batshit loca professor who is out of touch, stupid and tenured.

Third quiz I failed.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I've been waiting 8 hours for my Duscae code so I'm living through GAF

Why do you have to wait for your code? Also, the battle system they recently showed off was changed (improved?) from what was in Duscae, right?

Monocle

Anyone here excited for deadpool movie?

Just watched the trailers, and now I'm perched for it.
Yep, super hyped. Ryan Reynolds seems to get the character 100% and the tone of the marketing has been spot on. I'm not sure if the actual movie will be good, but I've heard very good things about the script. Or was that an earlier draft that got leaked a while ago?

At this point my biggest concern is that Deadpool himself will be entertaining but the movie's story won't be satisfying.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Aronofsky

Ack, he sounds like real a jerk. :x

N2N have some jocks very similar to that. Diesel also has a model which resembles that.

Thank ye, ser!

Alas, here I fail you. I thought I knew but either the store I thought of stopped carrying them or I misremembered.

Thanks for looking though! (it's more than I did when I asked the question XD. although, a quick 'leather jock' google turned up a bunch of different options. also, who knew leather gear was so expensive?)

I'm happy I now have about 20+ things to watch. Thanks for all your efforts. I appreciate the deluge of Anime I plan to watch in my spare time!

Happy to help!

Here's the disturbing part; on a college campus, there were actually people defending creationism.

Different points of view and beliefs at college? That's quite disturbing indeed!

I went through a phase several years ago trying to get into anime (for whatever reason)

It's always good to try new things~

As long as we're talking about good anime, Kino's Journey is AMAZING.

Kino's Journey is solid.

I'm over superhero movies in general, but I think an 'R' rated one could be interesting if done right. I'll probably redbox it.

A little about me and why I lurk.

I was born to parents who were from opposite ends of the world (dad is arab; mom is american)and could not be any more different if they tried. As a kid, when I traveled, I never fit in. When I was in the Middle East, I was "The American". When I came stateside, I was "Towel Head". So, I've known what it feels like for society to insist one does not fit in.

You fit in here :)

Well, fuck.

I'm good! Sorry, long time lurker.

A little about me and why I lurk.

I was born to parents who were from opposite ends of the world (dad is arab; mom is american)and could not be any more different if they tried. As a kid, when I traveled, I never fit in. When I was in the Middle East, I was "The American". When I came stateside, I was "Towel Head". So, I've known what it feels like for society to insist one does not fit in.

I am a huge advocate of the LGBT+ community and stand by all my brethren and sisters proudly. In my current state, I volunteer to do what I can to ensure they are treated equally and fight for Government, whether on state or federal level, to piss off on social issues such as these. I've been an active advocate for the community for well over a decade now and still have a lot to learn and still find a lot that shocks me.

Anyway, did not mean to drive by. I read Seath's question and without hesitattion started typing away ha ha ha

xo
:)

Sorry about the racism you've experienced.

Alright Gaf, be very kind to me, I've had a great day. So I've decided to share my pic.
<3

Im pretty sure my father had hit old man yells at clouds status or i have finally started to notice it. Just today he compared not having to use real textbooks and instead using online textbooks to being a step toward idiocracy. For some reason things that make life easy are just steps toward idiocarcy. One time he brought up anita sarkeesian and just was hoping to fucking god that he didnt bring up all the of the gamergate shit and low and behold he did. It no use to even try to argue so i kinda sit through it. Like he doesnt do it that much but I think im finally seeing it and understanding it.
Atleast my mom not like that. Speaking of that i have been meaning to come out to her up i just havent gotten any time just to speak to her one on one.

_Isaac

Im pretty sure my father had hit old man yells at clouds status or i have finally started to notice it. Just today he compared not having to use real textbooks and instead using online textbooks to being a step toward idiocracy. For some reason things that make life easy are just steps toward idiocarcy. One time he brought up anita sarkeesian and just was hoping to fucking god that he didnt bring up all the of the gamergate shit and low and behold he did. It no use to even try to argue so i kinda sit through it. Like he doesnt do it that much but I think im finally seeing it and understanding it.
Atleast my mom not like that. Speaking of that i have been meaning to come out to her up i just havent gotten any time just to speak to her one on one.

It's weird that your dad knows about Anita Sarkeesian and Gamergate.

He sounds like the type of person who extols about the "good old days" when women all knew their place.

Prompto

Banned

Just watched the trailers, and now I'm perched for it.
I'm cautiously optimistic. The director confirmed Deadpool is pansexual in the film so it'd be nice to have a non straight superhero in a movie for once. Sadly I doubt it's actually going to be evident or focused on at all.

It's weird that your dad knows about Anita Sarkeesian and Gamergate.
Well he's a programer and not that old so he probably read something of reddit from oneside of gamergate. I dont even try to keep up with all of the gamergate stuff it is too much drama. Also he works with millennials so i get to hear about millennials doing this and millennials doing that. Some of the people he works with do sound terrible though like i can understand what he is trying to say. Like he doesnt think that you should be emotion at work and get whiny at work about things, which i agree with. But there are times where it is just so dumb that I cant stand it.

He sounds like the type of person who extols about the "good old days" when women all knew their place.
Lol not quite that bad

Daytona Beach Florida. I was at the bottom of a fast moving thread some pages back.

I drank for the first time in my 29, (30 in one hour) years. It was such a fantastic experience.
Happy birthday. :)

Try some Rekorderlig Strawberry-Lime Cider if you get the chance sometime. Also smell it. :)

Also you're attractive.

Kevyt

Well I'm excited for the new deadpool movie and I hope it turns out good!

Alright Gaf, be very kind to me, I've had a great day. So I've decided to share my pic.

You look great and I'm glad you had a great time. <3

Daytona Beach Florida. I was at the bottom of a fast moving thread some pages back.

I drank for the first time in my 29, (30 in one hour) years. It was such a fantastic experience.

Happy birthday!!! &#127874;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom