• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm hoping we get Pokemon Z this year and I hope it fixes the mess that was Gen 6.
(I'll still buy it if it doesn't though because I buy any piece of Pokemon related trash)

what was wrong with gen 6 (im still playing platinum on and off and havent moved on to the newer gens yet)

Prooooobably not. Game Freak is historically slow to move over to the new hardware (typically 1-2 years after launch), so I'd expect Z to release this year on 3DS and then a new gen on NX in 2017 or 2018. Then again, it's possible that Game Freak is going to surprise everyone and not do a Z in order to move straight to 7, or that NX isn't releasing until 2017, or that NX is a Fitbit with no buttons, or NX flops and 3DS sticks around for longer, so...who knows.

Pokémon GO releases this year on mobile. That could also shift the normal plans. And maybe it'd be something you're into?

thanks for the info - seems like we still have some years left then.

If that's what you were trying to say that's not at all what I got from it. But ok.

It is really dependant on who you're socializing with, but self-criticism and anticipating hostility from others can make it feel miserable and burdensome. I know that's easier said than done, but in my experience when I've tried to consciously overpower my anxiety and endure, I'm not having any fun at all, and if I'm not having any fun in the situation then I'm not going to be eager to repeat it.

For me, high school was the best. No responsibilities, friends I could interact with at school only, and easy as balls classes. After that, you're expected to be an "adult" AKA miserable.

It is really dependant on who you're socializing with, but self-criticism and anticipating hostility from others can make it feel miserable and burdensome. I know that's easier said than done, but in my experience when I've tried to consciously overpower my anxiety and endure, I'm not having any fun at all, and if I'm not having any fun in the situation then I'm not going to be eager to repeat it.

Nobody really was what I'd describe as hostile to me. I don't anticipate hostility.

how old you say you were again? im 17 but im one of the youngest in my class
I dont know how i'll handle college i have to like it more than highschool. the ranking goes:

9th- best year of school
12th- present
11th- the world tore my heart out
10th- the world kicked me in the balls
Im 16. Yeah your on the younger side. Im on the older side of my grade im currently in 10th is it going fine grades are fine better than 9th grade just kinda a weird time in my life right now. Theres alot of things i should be doing but im just not. Im really looking forward to next year because of the classes i get to take.

It is funny when i play league with people on gaf and we use voice chat i usually use my deeper more monotone voice.

Also when im around my friends who dont know my bi i will totally say things that are on gayer side just to kinda mess with them, because i can just write it off as me being weird. Once i probably come out they might look back on some of those and get it. Yeah being really sarcastic all the time is great, it is even better when people dont get sarcasm and just get mad and i just become more sarcastic.

For me, high school was the best. No responsibilities, friends I could interact with at school only, and easy as balls classes. After that, you're expected to be an "adult" AKA miserable.
Thats what i wish, but fuck my highschool is super competitive every class is tough. I feel like if i fuck up now that the rest of my life will be harder and way worse. I feel like im wasting my highschool just doing nothing. Im pretty sure that my school is in the top 50 best high schools in the US, then because of how the colleges work in Texas it makes it harder to get into a good state college.

Nobody really was what I'd describe as hostile to me. I don't anticipate hostility.

That wasn't really the critical part of what I was saying, but I feel like you're on the defensive so I'll shut up.

I don't know your situation, I'm just coming at it from my experiences with social anxiety. I'm not really good at commiserating, but I don't really see myself as criticizing you for this, the thrust of what I am trying to say would probably be that we probably need to learn to judge ourselves less harshly.

ivysaur12

Banned
Because Ratsky failed

mfBn1zL.jpg

who dat

Veeboy

what was wrong with gen 6 (im still playing platinum on and off and havent moved on to the newer gens yet)

It was just somewhat disappointing after Gen 5. As far as mechanics and stuff for the meta-game goes it did a ton of great stuff. The single player stuff honestly felt tacked on. I know some people would say thats the standard for Pokemon games, but Gen 5 did a lot that gave me hope for the single player aspect and then Gen 6 comes along with the weakest single player aspect since Gen 1. Also the in battle constant framerate issues are also super annoying. Overall its probably a net positive for the series, but its mostly just personally disappointing.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I can make it as long as no one has issues with me doing it I suppose.

then its settled

It was just somewhat disappointing after Gen 5. As far as mechanics and stuff for the meta-game goes it did a ton of great stuff. The single player stuff honestly felt tacked on. I know some people would say thats the standard for Pokemon games, but Gen 5 did a lot that gave me hope for the single player aspect and then Gen 6 comes along with the weakest single player aspect since Gen 1. Also the in battle constant framerate issues are also super annoying. Overall its probably a net positive for the series, but its mostly just personally disappointing.

i see that sounds like a bummer. is Z a confirmed thing or are people just wishing for it?

(that sounds awful lbr)
What does lbr mean.
Well if you can take a joke im just going to fuck with you more. Like i dont give a shit about what people say to me and really what most people think. I know this dude at in one of my math class hates me because i do that to him. He also says the dumbest shit and makes it way to easy for me to mess with him. He has barely any censor and doesn't think before he talks at all. So then i call him out on the things he says, and if tries to do it with me i just accept it and own up to it.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
i see that sounds like a bummer. is Z a confirmed thing or are people just wishing for it?

Wishing for it. But the new season of the anime is called Pokémon XY&Z and Zygarde (the Z legendary) now has new forms that have yet to be included in the games.

EDIT: It should also be noted that there has never been a generation without a third entry. Black 2 and White 2 are a slight oddity because there were two of them, but since they're the most recent, it's unknown whether the third game will be Z or two sequels.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What does lbr mean.

lets be real

Well if you can take a joke im just going to fuck with you more. Like i dont give a shit about what people say to me and really what most people think. I know this dude at in one of my math class hates me because i do that to him. He also says the dumbest shit and makes it way to easy for me to mess with him. He has barely any censor and doesn't think before he talks at all. So then i call him out on the things he says, and if tries to do it with me i just accept it and own up to it.

as long as youre not obnoxious about it

Wishing for it. But the new season of the anime is called Pokémon XY&Z and Zygarde (the Z legendary) now has new forms that have yet to be included in the games.

Oh, that's cool. I'll probably play Z then, since I only play 1 game per gen and after G/S, I took a break and then picked back up with Emerald followed by Platinum.

EDIT: It should also be noted that there has never been a generation without a third entry. Black 2 and White 2 are a slight oddity because there were two of them, but since they're the most recent, it's unknown whether the third game will be Z or two sequels.

I was always confused by Black/White 2. Like, it's the same gen and doesn't introduce any new mons but has a different story and new gym leaders? Or?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, that's cool. I'll probably play Z then, since I only play 1 game per gen and after G/S, I took a break and then picked back up with Emerald followed by Platinum.

I wish I followed your approach. The only "third" game I've played is Yellow despite it seeming like the third one is always the best one with the most complete content. For some reason, I buy new gens at the launch of it and then these days don't get around to beating it until probably after the third game is out (if I do at all). I should just wait...

I was always confused by Black/White 2. Like, it's the same gen and doesn't introduce any new mons but has a different story and new gym leaders? Or?

To be honest, so was I. I skipped Gen 5, so I didn't pay as much attention to what Black/White 2 added. Perhaps someone else can give both of us an answer.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I wish I followed your approach. The only "third" game I've played is Yellow despite it seeming like the third one is always the best one with the most complete content. For some reason, I buy new gens at the launch of it and then these days don't get around to beating it until probably after the third game is out (if I do at all). I should just wait...

It usually takes me forever to finish the games too. I've been playing Platinum off and on for like 2 years, haha.

To be honest, so was I. I skipped Gen 5, so I didn't pay as much attention to what Black/White 2 added. Perhaps someone else can give both of us an answer.

:D

BW 2 had no new Pokemon unless you count the new forms for the 2 legendary pokemon. BW2 had a new story line that took place after BW and it had different Gym leaders. Also, BW2 gave you a chance to catch a lot of Pokemon from the past gens and had some kind of tournament thing which I think let you battle gym leaders from past gens too but I'm not sure.

Gen 5 was the shit tbh

Veeboy

B2/W2 were pretty much used to continue the story of B/W while continuing some of the separate themes and areas of the original two games. You probably already know that B/W limited the player to only using the 150 pokemon that were introduced in that generation. B2/W2 included many of those pokemon while reintroducing pokemon from older generations. This in addition to the fact that B/W had more in depth version differences than any other Pokemon game lead to the development of B2/W2. In all honesty they probably could have condensed it into one entry which is why I only bought White and White 2.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
B2/W2 were pretty much used to continue the story of B/W while continuing some of the separate themes and areas of the original two games. This in addition to the fact that B/W had more in depth version differences than any other Pokemon game lead to the development of B2/W2. In all honesty they probably could have condensed it into one entry which is why I only bought White and White 2.

BW 2 had no new Pokemon unless you count the new forms for the 2 legendary pokemon. BW2 had a new story line that took place after BW and it had different Gym leaders.

Thanks, that doesn't sound too eventful though. Can you at least use your B1/W1 team or do you have to start over?

You probably already know that B/W limited the player to only using the 150 pokemon that were introduced in that generation. B2/W2 included many of those pokemon while reintroducing pokemon from older generations.

Also, BW2 gave you a chance to catch a lot of Pokemon from the past gens and had some kind of tournament thing which I think let you battle gym leaders from past gens too but I'm not sure.

meh if I wanted to catch ones from the older gens i would play the older gens

Veeboy

Thanks, that doesn't sound too eventful though. Can you at least use your B1/W1 team or do you have to start over?
No, the only thing you can do is sync up your B/W save file with the B2/W2 save file and unlock some backstory on whats changed since your B/W character went on their journey. It also unlocks a couple of unique battles between your B2/W2 character and some important characters from B/W. Overall its mostly just about story. (Also B2/W2 have the best soundtrack in the main series so that alone justifies it in my opinion, lol.)

daripad

The thing is, BW2 focus on different protagonists, so obviously you can't use your same team from BW. Plus, BW is the only Pokemon gen with a good story, XY disappointed me in that regard.

meh if I wanted to catch ones from the older gens i would play the older gens
Well it's a new protagonist so yeah you can't use the Pokemon team from the BW protag.

BW2 is basically a new game set in the Unova region. The map is different from BW, there's different gym leaders, new characters, and new stuff to do. The appeal (at least for me) of catching Pokemon from past gens is that you can transfer them to the next one and you also get a chance to catch pokemon that you would otherwise have to get from some dumb unfair trade.

LOCK

I didn't want to be around my family for the Super Bowl.

Sometimes they say things that are just annoying and I don't feel like being upset, I'm too tired lol

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

To be added the Wall of Shame and some gifs at the end.

I may add more content or rephrase some things (I know the introduction could be better) fix typos as there is some time still to work with it.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
To be added the Wall of Shame and some gifs at the end.

I may add more content or rephrase some things (I know the introduction could be better) fix typos as there is some time still to work with it.

Woooo! I like the graphics. Nicely done, Bayonetta! Working your magic, I see. Do we have an OT title yet?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
When someone tells you they "want to suck your milk our of your bottle." but he is just a friend.
cc7ff99ad9.gif

charmed699

Neo Member
So High School girl decided to go back to her ex boyfriend. That stings a bit but after 14 years of friendship and weird sexual tension I guess it was just too hard for her to see me as an actual boyfriend :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom