• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorg

Banned
Why don't you ask the guy what his status is?

He may not even know, tbqh. Some people don't even get tested because they don't want to know. Which is stupid, because then they will definitely get sick without treatment and continue to put other people at risk indefinitely.

Kater

Banned
Did you hunties see my post asking straight GAF if they've ever had crushes on the same sex? Who knew it'd be so civil.
Oh, I just saw it. Good thread. Makes me wonder, what are your straight crushes my gay brethren and sistren? :D

Mine are Winona Ryder, Lykke Li and Björk. x3

Vazduh

Hope the test results come back negative, Razmos!
(and I bet it will happen)
Hang in there.

(well okay it's not out until the 21st of August, except in Japan, but you get the idea) (it's also a fantastic album by the way)

Also it's been months since I last visited this thread! I've been busy and just kinda forgot about NeoGAF altogether, but I just came back to lurk the Off Topic section these last few weeks.

So hi to all you guys who remember me and hello to people I don't know yet!

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS preach! And welcome back.

Oh, I just saw it. Good thread. Makes me wonder, what are your straight crushes my gay brethren and sistren? :D

I can't think of a single one :/ I'm gay af

EM9qrjj.gif

garyBig

Emma Watson, Lauren Mayberry, Y̶g̶r̶i̶t̶t̶e Rose Lesie

mantidor

If infected, 80% of people will show flu-like symptoms during the seroconversion period within 1 to 3 weeks AFAIK. Your online information is probably correct. Link to info:
i-base.info/qa/284

Had no idea it was that high, I thought the flu like symptoms were rare and mostly people had zero symptoms, which is why is so dangerous.

It's dumb but I always freak out when I get flu or a cold, like last week I had a terrible bacterial infection that left me home two days straight. Even though I haven't had any sex in well over 2 months I still freaked out about it being hiv.

By "crushes", do you mean actually physically/sexually attracted to? If so, no, can't think of any. If you mean, just someone that I find really awesome and would like to be around a lot, then sure.

Kevyt

Cher, Pink, Missy Elliot, Elizabeth Warren, Sarah Palin.

The female actor that plays Lexa from the 100. The woman that plays Abby from the 100 and the actor that plays Clark from the 100 as well.

Lexa is really pretty. I just found out a week ago she'll be back for season 3 of the 100!

Icarus, I can't stop fangirling about Lexa!! I mean, fanboying!! Errr... Idk anymore.

But the Clexa Ship Train lives!! :3

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
You know they'd be better off killing the Zach character altogether. But that would leave Eph totally devastated so there's no way it's gonna happen now.

He apparently plays a crucial role in the books (ugh) so I'm not expecting him to die any time soon, if ever. :/

Can't believe how disappointed I was with True Detective this season. It's just... there.

Yeah. I'm shocked by just how boring it is. Thankfully there's only one episode left.

The Rachel/Quinn relationship is intriguing enough to keep me coming back next season!

Same.

Symphonia

Banned
Online it said symptoms can show up within 2-4 weeks. But that's what I get for reading about it online I guess.
You sure it's not cancer? Whenever I check the internet when I'm ill, it's always cancer. By that logic, I've survived cancer three times this year alone.

Vorg

Banned
Had no idea it was that high, I thought the flu like symptoms were rare and mostly people had zero symptoms, which is why is so dangerous.

It's dumb but I always freak out when I get flu or a cold, like last week I had a terrible bacterial infection that left me home two days straight. Even though I haven't had any sex in well over 2 months I still freaked out about it being hiv.

After seroconversion it doesn't show symptoms for a while. How long varies from person to person, but usually a few years afaik. Some people may still have mild symptoms during that "silent" period as the virus is damaging the immune system. No need to freak out if you haven't had sex, but getting tested is always the best thing to do if you suspect you may have been exposed. Not getting tested is the real danger tbh. Some people think ignorance is bliss, but in this case it means the exact opposite.

Kevyt

After seroconversion it doesn't show symptoms for a while. How long varies from person to person, but usually a few years afaik. Some people may still have mild symptoms during that "silent" period as the virus is damaging the immune system. No need to freak out if you haven't had sex, but getting tested is always the best thing to do if you suspect you may have been exposed. Not getting tested is the real danger tbh. Some people think ignorance is bliss, but in this case it means the exact opposite.

You seem very knowledgeable, and I have a question. Say two persons with HIV have unprotected sex, it's possible for the virus to mutate and become stronger because of it right? The rule of thumb would be for those individuals to have protected sex?

I remember hearing something like this back in high school but I haven't quite found anything about it.

Essentially a stronger version of HIV is created. A mutated virus strain.

I'm not sure how true this is.

Vorg

Banned
You seem very knowledgeable, and I have a question. Say two persons with HIV have unprotected sex, it's possible for the virus to mutate and become stronger because of it right? The rule of thumb would be for those individuals to have protected sex?

I remember hearing something like this back in high school but I haven't quite found anything about it.

Essentially a stronger version of HIV is created. A mutated virus strain.

I'm not sure how true this is.

There's a risk of reinfection or superinfection by other strains of hiv, especially if the people in question are not getting treatment iirc. It seems to be a rare occurrence, but it will make treatment a lot harder because the other strains may be resistant to the medication. I think. Note that I'm no expert. I know some stuff from my own online research and interviewing some doctors for a college related assignment a few years ago. It was pretty eye opening, I must say.

Grizzo

The more I interact with gay guys on hooking apps the more I realize they're all awful

yes let's not kid ourselves, some of them are

but I'm sure there are also a lot of great guys just looking for other great guys

don't lose hope!

Rayis

the apps or the guys?

kinda both to be honest, one second I could have a great conversation with someone and then turns into a "show me your cock plz" conversation, then some show a great deal of interests and are obviously into me and then just disappear and don't reply anymore, ever, I don't really know what is up with them or if is me, needless to say, as someone who never interacts face to face with other gay men I'm so frustrated.

Can I just be a straight girl plz

Kater

Banned
Oh, I guess I should include some pics too if all of you do it. :3

Winona Ryder

tumblr_mw1r9uwbL81sgl0ajo1_500.gif

Lykke Li

search_results.gif

Björk

tumblr_lx4ys6mCfK1qg9jyio1_500.gif

Oh, and someone else comes to mind, someone that I just recently discovered, her voice is so gorgeous and so badass, as are her lyrics:

Janelle Monae

tumblr_n4zwxfbumv1s3qylno1_500.gif

Same hell, you'd still deal with guys.

Guys are hot but are all dicks.

I'm not serious, there are some super-sweet guys and I found some, you can too. ;3

garyBig

lol story of my life
j/k being a guy is fun too

and yeah I don't quite get the code of M.O. of some people on those apps either. like, I literally can't fathom how their behaviour could be reasonably explained sometimes. but that's just how it is I guess. people gonna people. with the needlessly lusty ones their motivation is at least easy to grasp and determine

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
never forget that one time even that mountain man spotter guy shippedT it

lol

kinda both to be honest, one second I could have a great conversation with someone and then turns into a "show me your cock plz" conversation, then some show a great deal of interests and are obviously into me and then just disappear and don't reply anymore, ever, I don't really know what is up with them or if is me, needless to say, as someone who never interacts face to face with other gay men I'm so frustrated.

just show them your cock ffs

Hello everyone I have never posted on this side of GAF so I thought I would introduce myself. I was really surprised to see such an active LGBTQ thread here. I would love to meet some people to game with my gamertags are listed in my profile. Lately I have been playing a lot of Destiny and Rocket league and some COD on the xbox one.

Your gender? male
Your sexual orientation? Gay
Where Are You From? Ohio
Where Do You Live? Cleveland
How Old Are you? 34
Favorite Type of Music? hardcore, punk, metal tons of other stuff
Profession or Career interest? Programing, possibly web development haven't decided yet.
Favorite video game(s)? Bioshock, COD4, black ops 2, Titanfall, The Witcher games
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? sports, tumblr, taking care of my dog.

you can check out my tumblr at http://crocodilelogic.tumblr.com/

Meicyn

Gold Member
Welp, the Fox News debate was pure comedy gold. I had no idea that my sole purpose in life was to kill people and break things!

Delio

So the guy I dated briefly a while ago and spent a few days with in Houston readded me on skype. He hasnt said anything since doing that but now I'm really curious why he readded me in the first place. He's the one that broke it off then seemed to not want to be friends so im confused. Guess I need to wait till he messages me back.

Sheik

Cher, Pink, Missy Elliot, Elizabeth Warren, Sarah Palin.

The female actor that plays Lexa from the 100. The woman that plays Abby from the 100 and the actor that plays Clark from the 100 as well.

Lexa is really pretty. I just found out a week ago she'll be back for season 3 of the 100!

Icarus, I can't stop fangirling about Lexa!! I mean, fanboying!! Errr... Idk anymore.

But the Clexa Ship Train lives!! :3

The female actor that plays Lexa?? Humanity has been blessed with a precious gift and her name is Alycia Debnam-Carey. Along with returning for season 3 of The 100, she'll be starring in Fear the Walking Dead premiering August 23rd on AMC. TUNE IN. Clexa lives!

tumblr_nsoh03fT6b1qe5lfmo2_400.gif

tumblr_nkkcgnfUl41r7en2qo2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nnfxopfxW41re3hazo4_250.gif

tumblr_nlikdyAeOo1rqij61o1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_static_9fbo8fno3uo04kkcsw4cgo4g4.gif

tumblr_nsogo9yYSn1r4ldt6o1_540.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom