• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shokifer

I don't know why i consider it an achievement when i post in threads that end up closing. I guess it's because I was quick enough to get one in there.

And maybe it's also because I have an ego the size of the fucking Sun.

daripad

I'm very masculine so I don't listen to all these pop albums
I'm joking obviously, don't hate me, don't kill me, please :(

GothPunk

I'm here for the Marina stans. Her voice, her lyrics, the beats. <3
It wasn't meant vindictively.
I meant to say thanks for the compliment btw. :p
Less than 10 seconds but that's standard with SSDs.
It's super snappy thought to be sure! :)

You're looking good if I don't say so myself.
Don't be so hard on yourself.

The reason I ask about the boot time is I'm used to Dell's bloated BIOS, but I guess that's a thing of the past. I know it's only a few seconds extra but still a bit annoying. I've also always hated their BIOS that doesn't show you the options until right before the loading operation finishes, grr!
If you told me those pics were taken on two consecutive days, I would believe you.
They are from the same time period, oop. It would have made more sense to link to an old picture of me! This is me when I was 21 (left), thinner and less hairy than I am now in the other recent pic (right) but otherwise I think I haven't changed much. I saw a report today that a study found that white women age 10 years faster than black women. Bless my Mum's side and their vampiric genes.
WM8pQY0.jpg
RbFCtKj.jpg
Here's a pic of me:
Wow, you look amazing. What a fab pic. Love it!
Nice bod! ;3
Here's stupid old me:
Thank you Katman, I'll be taking progress pics soon I think so I might post them here, but definitely in the chat. I always think you have a very striking look, you have great features (like those cheekbones, mein gott!).

I need a word to describe you and unity, somewhere between beautiful and handsome. Beautisome? Handiful? Curse you restrictive English language!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
They are from the same time period, oop. It would have made more sense to link to an old picture of me! This is me when I was 21 (left), thinner and less hairy than I am now in the other recent pic (right) but otherwise I think I haven't changed much. I saw a report today that a study found that white women age 10 years faster than black women. Bless my Mum's side and their vampiric genes.

Oh, well that explains it then! :p You still look the same in your updated photos though. The main difference is the angle and the lighting. How bout bottling those genes and sharing 'em with the rest of us, eh?

Grizzo

Or they could buy a good album.

(well okay it's not out until the 21st of August, except in Japan, but you get the idea) (it's also a fantastic album by the way)

Also it's been months since I last visited this thread! I've been busy and just kinda forgot about NeoGAF altogether, but I just came back to lurk the Off Topic section these last few weeks.

So hi to all you guys who remember me and hello to people I don't know yet!

(well okay it's not out until the 21st of August, except in Japan, but you get the idea) (it's also a fantastic album by the way)

Also it's been months since I last visited this thread! I've been busy and just kinda forgot about NeoGAF altogether, but I just came back to lurk the Off Topic section these last few weeks.

So hi to all you guys who remember me and hello to people I don't know yet!
Carl's new album is amazing. I see it being one of my favorite albums this year.

How are you Grizzo? Anything interesting going on?

Grizzo

Carl's new album is amazing. I see it being one of my favorite albums this year.

How are you Grizzo? Anything interesting going on?

I'm good, thanks!

Just waiting for the holidays to come. I already went to the Aquitaine region (south of France) at the end of June, and I'll be going to Normandy (north-west of France) and then Limousin (center) next week until the end of August.

How about you Abso? (i'm sorry about that nickname, if you don't like i'll refrain from using it haha)

He said a good album, guys! A good album!

dd0f91c0.jpg

I'm here for the Marina stans. Her voice, her lyrics, the beats. <3I meant to say thanks for the compliment btw. :pThanks :p I was just taking the piss at Henchman's shade.

The reason I ask about the boot time is I'm used to Dell's bloated BIOS, but I guess that's a thing of the past. I know it's only a few seconds extra but still a bit annoying. I've also always hated their BIOS that doesn't show you the options until right before the loading operation finishes, grr!They are from the same time period, oop. It would have made more sense to link to an old picture of me! This is me when I was 21 (left), thinner and less hairy than I am now in the other recent pic (right) but otherwise I think I haven't changed much. I saw a report today that a study found that white women age 10 years faster than black women. Bless my Mum's side and their vampiric genes.Wow, you look amazing. What a fab pic. Love it!Thank you Katman, I'll be taking progress pics soon I think so I might post them here, but definitely in the chat. I always think you have a very striking look, you have great features (like those cheekbones, mein gott!).

I need a word to describe you and unity, somewhere between beautiful and handsome. Beautisome? Handiful? Curse you restrictive English language!

Aw you're very very cutisome.

I'm good, thanks!

Just waiting for the holidays to come. I already went to the Aquitaine region (south of France) at the end of June, and I'll be going to Normandy (north-west of France) and then Limousin (center) next week until the end of August.

How about you Abso? (i'm sorry about that nickname, if you don't like i'll refrain from using it haha)
Haha, I'm cool with that nickname, It's OK. :D

I'm just getting ready for the end of my summer and getting prepared for my 3rd year of school. I'm taking Physics this year, ugh. :(
I am happy now that I'm going to see some of my school friends that I haven't seen in quite some time.

Glad to hear you're traveling. That's always fun!
What are you going to be doing in Normandy? :D

Grizzo

He said a good album, guys! A good album!

dd0f91c0.jpg

well of course that goes without saying

but Carly is brand new and we have to help her anyway we can!

Haha, I'm cool with that nickname, It's OK. :D

I'm just getting ready for the end of my summer and getting prepared for my 3rd year of school. I'm taking Physics this year, ugh. :(
I am happy now that I'm going to see some of my school friends that I haven't seen in quite some time.

Glad to hear you're traveling. That's always fun!
What are you going to be doing in Normandy? :D

Ohhh is this your last year? If it's not how many time left in schoold do you have? And what diploma are you working on? I don't have great memories of Physics lessons I had back in high school. Always been more of a literary person than a mathlete :)

I'm going to my family-in-law's holiday home (not my boyfriend's family since I don't have one right now, but my brother's wife haha)

I'm mostly gonna be laying by the pool listening to Carly, reading, writing some stuff and browsing NeoGaf :D

Kater

Banned
Ohhhh, hi there Grizzo!

I wish I could get into Beyoncé's music. :/

Thank you Katman, I'll be taking progress pics soon I think so I might post them here, but definitely in the chat. I always think you have a very striking look, you have great features (like those cheekbones, mein gott!).

Thanks. x3

Grizzo

Ohhhh, hi there Grizzo!

I wish I could get into Beyoncé's music. :/

Hello Gato! Do you think you'll be getting Triforce Heroes on 3DS? I'd love to play with you and DD, like during our good old Fantasy Life days!

and don't worry I can get why you don't like Beyoncé. She's not even one of my favorite artists of performers. I love plenty of her songs though.

hi grizzo

Hi Rastky! How is The Strain this season? I gave up after the second episode. It just bores me to death now. Maybe I'll come back to it but I'm really not in a hurry to do that seeing that I have at least1250 shows to catch-up on.

Ohhh is this your last year? If it's not how many time left in schoold do you have? And what diploma are you working on? I don't have great memories of Physics lessons I had back in high school. Always been more of a literary person than a mathlete :)

I'm going to my family-in-law's holiday home (not my boyfriend's family since I don't have one right now, but my brother's wife haha)

I'm mostly gonna be laying by the pool listening to Carly, reading, writing some stuff and browsing NeoGaf :D
Nah, not my last year. I've got at least 2 more including this one.

Yeah, Even though I'm a CS major, Physics is not my strong suit unfortunately.

What are you writing? Just random things?

Grizzo

Nah, not my last year. I've got at least 2 more including this one.

Yeah, Even though I'm a CS major, Physics is not my strong suit unfortunately.

What are you writing? Just random things?

What kind of occupation do you plan on getting after you finish school? Do you want to become an engineer or are you aiming for a job in the medical department?

I'm always writing thoughts, one-liners and funny stuff and I want to use all of that to build a story around it. I also want to work for other publications starting this fall so I'll have to think about that...

Good news is my next book is coming out on the 17th of september!

I wrote it with one of my best friend, the same girl I wrote the first one. It's part of the "for dummies" collection. I can't wait until it's released :D

What kind of occupation do you plan on getting after you finish school? Do you want to become an engineer or are you aiming for a job in the medical department?

I'm always writing thoughts, one-liners and funny stuff and I want to use all of that to build a story around it. I also want to work for other publications starting this fall so I'll have to think about that...

I wrote it with one of my best friend, the same girl I wrote the first one. It's part of the "for dummies" collection. I can't wait until it's released :D
Well I want to be Computer Systems Administrator or something dealing with securities. Not sure yet.

That's awesome. How do you even get involved in producing one of those books?

Kater

Banned
Hello Gato! Do you think you'll be getting Triforce Heroes on 3DS? I'd love to play with you and DD, like during our good old Fantasy Life days!

and don't worry I can get why you don't like Beyoncé. She's not even one of my favorite artists of performers. I love plenty of her songs though.
Since you mention it, I didn't like the whole premise of the game when it was first announced but I've since come around to liking the idea of playing a LoZ lite game together. So sure, if all three of us get it we should play together again. And this time we should use Skype. :p

I like her voice but her songs don't really give me anything.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Hi Rastky! How is The Strain this season? I gave up after the second episode. It just bores me to death now. Maybe I'll come back to it but I'm really not in a hurry to do that seeing that I have at least1250 shows to catch-up on.

It's still terrible. A waste of time that I unfortunately can't tear myself away from. :/

Congrats, Grizzo

Translation?

Grizzo

Well I want to be Computer Systems Administrator or something dealing with securities. Not sure yet.

That's awesome. How do you even get involved in producing one of those books?

It's alright, you still have two years to decide, but it's good that you're already thinking about it! I didn't find my vocation until like two years ago. There was a time when I was really lost and just doing nothing after I dropped out of university :/

As for how I got involved with this project, it's mostly a matter of luck I think. I met the right people at the right time. I worked on a special summer issue of a magazine with one of my best friend two years ago. The person in charged of the magazine loved it and asked us to write a book (a fun guide about litterature). She liked it as well and told the people behind the "For Dummies" books about us. They were looking for writers for a new line of books in the form of comic books this time and... voilà! I'm happy those people put their trust in us and they seem to be happy with the results so that's marvelous.

Since you mention it, I didn't like the whole premise of the game when it was first announced but I've since come around to liking the idea of playing a LoZ lite game together. So sure, if all three of us get it we should play together again. And this time we should use Skype. :p

I like her voice but her songs don't really give me anything.

Haha great! I'm glad you're on board with the idea! Let's skype pretty soon :D

It's still terrible. A waste of time that I unfortunately can't tear myself away from. :/

Ha! Plus that new kid is another bad casting isn't he? You're lucky The Leftovers is not coming back until October, that would have been two awful shows to hatewatch at the same time (though I think you like The Leftovers, IIRC).

Just finished watching UnREAL. It was good but not as fantastic as critics made it out to be. And episode 6 still left a bad taste in my mouth.

Congrats, Grizzo

Translation?

As a matter of fact, I think maybe this one is gonna be released in the US as well! It's a co-distribution and I think they plan on expanding their releases to overseas territories. I'll tell you more about it when I get all the infos.

I'm here for the Marina stans. Her voice, her lyrics, the beats. <3I meant to say thanks for the compliment btw. :pThanks :p I was just taking the piss at Henchman's shade.

The reason I ask about the boot time is I'm used to Dell's bloated BIOS, but I guess that's a thing of the past. I know it's only a few seconds extra but still a bit annoying. I've also always hated their BIOS that doesn't show you the options until right before the loading operation finishes, grr!They are from the same time period, oop. It would have made more sense to link to an old picture of me! This is me when I was 21 (left), thinner and less hairy than I am now in the other recent pic (right) but otherwise I think I haven't changed much. I saw a report today that a study found that white women age 10 years faster than black women. Bless my Mum's side and their vampiric genes.Wow, you look amazing. What a fab pic. Love it!Thank you Katman, I'll be taking progress pics soon I think so I might post them here, but definitely in the chat. I always think you have a very striking look, you have great features (like those cheekbones, mein gott!).

Lol that wasn't shade. I was giving you a complement. You always seemed more mature than your age. Which is why I thought you were older.

WB Grizzo

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ha! Plus that new kid is another bad casting isn't he? You're lucky The Leftovers is not coming back until October, that would have been two awful shows to hatewatch at the same time (though I think you like The Leftovers, IIRC).

Oh yeah, NuZack is horrible. I have no idea what they were thinking with that recast. I didn't hate The Leftovers but I didn't love it either. There were parts that I appreciated and parts that I thought were dumb - I'm mixed on it overall but I lean more towards the negative side of things. I have other shows to hate watch though, like Tyrant and Ray Donovan and True Detective. :)

Just finished watching UnREAL. It was good but not as fantastic as critics made it out to be. And episode 6 still left a bad taste in my mouth.

I liked it too, but I wasn't in love with it. I was disappointed in the direction it took as the season progressed.

Razmos

Sigh, I had a big post written up about how I had unprotected sex with my hookup 2 weeks ago, and how scared I am, and then Windows 10 crashed and had to restart, off to a good start.

It was really emotional and heartfelt and I doubt I could write it all up again, so here's the footnotes:

• Had unprotected sex with my hookup 2 weeks ago, it was fun
  • What isn't fun is the steadily increasing fear and unease I've been feeling
  • I've had 2 illnesses since, a bad cold that I got off my parents and food poisoning from undercooked fish
  • despite knowing the cause of both of those my fear-filled mind is making me think it's HIV
  • I had a panic attack 2 nights ago and have been depressed, on the verge of crying and scared ever since
  • Went to get tested today, it was the scariest thing I've ever done
  • Won't be getting results for 2 weeks and I have to get tested again in 6 weeks and take vaccinations
  • I'm scared as hell

Don't ever do it. It's not worth it.

I'll probably be fine, but the fear is absolutely real.

Dany

Banned
Here are test kits that show results in 15-20 minutes if you want to buy them. Or several free clinics actually use those instead of the test thay takes 2 weeks.

Be safe.

Arcipello

well in all honesty its good that you are feeling this way as it shows you clearly understand the risks and hopefully wont be too quick to make a similar mistake. im surprised it takes 2 weeks, here in the UK our clinics use a test which show results within 30 seconds, but also do a thorough blood exam to really check for it. its actually quite a difficult thing to catch so chances are working well in your favour, anyway stay strong :)

Razmos

well in all honesty its good that you are feeling this way as it shows you clearly understand the risks and hopefully wont be too quick to make a similar mistake. im surprised it takes 2 weeks, here in the UK our clinics use a test which show results within 30 seconds, but also do a thorough blood exam to really check for it. its actually quite a difficult thing to catch so chances are working well in your favour, anyway stay strong :)
Oh definitely, I'm scared to death and i'm certainly never going to do it again.

Also I am in the UK, lol. Not sure why it's gonna take 2 weeks.
I realized today that I was never taught fuck all about gay sex or the risks of it in sex education, so surprising, I know.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Oh definitely, I'm scared to death and i'm certainly never going to do it again.

Also I am in the UK, lol. Not sure why it's gonna take 2 weeks.
I realized today that I was never taught fuck all about gay sex or the risks of it in sex education, so surprising, I know.

US opinion: That's what I realized, too. I've had to do so much research online and talking to people. Also, I didn't start getting offered information until college. Not everyone goes to college, and not everyone has the opportunity to go to a college with the resources that mine has.

Bladenic

This is likely a dumb question, but doesn't HIV take a while longer than 2 weeks to start showing symptoms? O to even show up?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
This is likely a dumb question, but doesn't HIV take a while longer than 2 weeks to start showing symptoms? O to even show up?

It seems the testing window varies, since there are different kinds of tests. I saw one place that recommended tests be administered 3 months after exposure, and then again perhaps 6 months after exposure just to be sure. However, I'm also finding some tests that claim to give results 3 weeks after exposure, and others that say 10 days. Cost and availability varies.

Bladenic

HIV usually does not have symptoms. If it does then it appears flu-like.

Yes that's what I was referring to. One guy that I talked to who was a nurse told me that a flu like illness pops up about 6 months (maybe it was weeks?) after infection.

Razmos

Online it said symptoms can show up within 2-4 weeks. But that's what I get for reading about it online I guess.

They told me to get another test in 6 weeks, so I guess that is the more important one. God that's a long time though.

Alrus

It seems the testing window varies, since there are different kinds of tests. I saw one place that recommended tests be administered 3 months after exposure, and then again perhaps 6 months after exposure just to be sure. However, I'm also finding some tests that claim to give results 3 weeks after exposure, and others that say 10 days. Cost and availability varies.

I think it depends on the sensitivity of the test in question.

Vorg

Banned
Online it said symptoms can show up within 2-4 weeks. But that's what I get for reading about it online I guess.

They told me to get another test in 6 weeks, so I guess that is the more important one. God that's a long time though.

If infected, 80% of people will show flu-like symptoms during the seroconversion period within 1 to 3 weeks AFAIK. Your online information is probably correct. Link to info:
i-base.info/qa/284

B-Dex

I can't get over Dan Stevens being a complete psycho asshole in the guest compared to his role in downtown abbey. It was just like seeing Lucy Lawless in Spartacus the first time tits out cussing like a sailor.

I can't get over Dan Stevens being a complete psycho asshole in the guest compared to his role in downtown abbey. It was just like seeing Lucy Lawless in Spartacus the first time tits out cussing like a sailor.

I can't get over how hot he became after leaving that trash show.

Grizzo

Did you hunties see my post asking straight GAF if they've ever had crushes on the same sex? Who knew it'd be so civil.

Already love that thread so thank you for that, that was a brilliant idea.

Oh yeah, NuZack is horrible. I have no idea what they were thinking with that recast. I didn't hate The Leftovers but I didn't love it either. There were parts that I appreciated and parts that I thought were dumb - I'm mixed on it overall but I lean more towards the negative side of things. I have other shows to hate watch though, like Tyrant and Ray Donovan and True Detective. :)

You know they'd be better off killing the Zach character altogether. But that would leave Eph totally devastated so there's no way it's gonna happen now.

Can't believe how disappointed I was with True Detective this season. It's just... there.

I liked it too, but I wasn't in love with it. I was disappointed in the direction it took as the season progressed.

Ditto. It got soapier and soapier episode after episode. I loved the finale though. The Rachel/Quinn relationship is intriguing enough to keep me coming back next season!

Kevyt

Why don't you ask the guy what his status is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom