• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can it be complicated? Oo

Because he did it so he has to find some way to justify it. Murderers (not that it is the same thing as cheating) do the same thing. Nobody wants to believe they are a bad person. Oh they did a bad thing but it was justifiable for x,y,z! I do shitty things but deep down I'm a good person!

Alrus

Because he did it so he has to find some way to justify it. Murderers (not that it is the same thing as cheating) do the same thing. Nobody wants to believe they are a bad person. Oh they did a bad thing but it was justifiable for x,y,z! I do shitty things but deep down I'm a good person!

Your view on that subject is so incredibly binary it hurts to read.

The idea that somebody cheating is immediately a malicious person is dumb as hell. Nobody is perfect, people can make mistake in certain circumstance, there's no need for a justification. It does call for some serious thinking about that person's relationship but it can be worked through.

Edit: I'm not talking about systematic cheating here...

Spyware

I do think you can be a good person while doing shitty things tho. Not if you keep doing them over and over but you're not automatically a bad person if you did a bad thing.
That said, yeah... I guess few will say "I did this horrible, disprespectful and selfish thing because I didn't care about my partner at the time". There's almost always some "reason" for it. Ick. Just break up and then fuck ffs.

I just think it's scummy to lie to someone against what is probably in their best interests because you want to keep them around as some kind of human comfort blanket. I do think people can make mistakes, and I don't think making mistakes makes you a bad person at all, but if your relationship isn't based on bullshit you own up to it and accept some personal responsibility.

AnotherCastle

Neo Member
How can it be complicated? Oo

Because human emotions and sensuality are not black-and-white, and all things are relative. Situations may arise that pit your feelings against yourself, and not all cheating is consensual either. Mind you, I'm not arguing this absolves anyone of blame, a mistake is a mistake no matter what, and it's still not something anyone should do with a lucid mind. Whether it's unforgivable or not depends on the person.

Regardless of how "blatant" the act is, you're still ultimately destroying your partner's trust and disregarding their wellbeing with the added risk of STI's etc. You can only be so "safe".

Sounds pretty disrespectful to me at the end of the day. That's just my opinion tho :/

Oh it's still disrespectful. I agree with that. I'm just saying that it can be more nuanced than people want to talk about it being.

But as with all things, people deserve what consequences may come of their actions. Of course.

Alrus

I just think it's scummy to lie to someone against what is probably in their best interests because you want to keep them around as some kind of human comfort blanket. I do think people can make mistakes, and I don't think making mistakes makes you a bad person at all, but if your relationship isn't based on bullshit you own up to it and accept some personal responsibility.

Of course you should own up to your mistakes, and yeah cheating on someone then not telling that person is bad for a ton of reasons. But the act itself can just be that, a stupid mistake that you immediately regret, it should lead to self reflection about your relationship though.

Of course you should own up to your mistakes, and yeah cheating on someone then not telling that person is bad for a ton of reasons. But the act itself can just be that, a stupid mistake that you immediately regret, it should lead to self reflection about your relationship though.

Yeah I agree entirely.

Kevyt

My father cheated on my mother and she was never the same after that. Their relationship was never the same.

She cheated on my father as an act of revenge and they split up.

I honestly can't look at my mom and tell her that she is scum for cheating. I'm not condoning her either but I understand her reasons for doing what she did.

Cheating is not a black and white issue. There's always more to it.

mantidor

Exactly. The important thing is that your actions have consequences, just because we all make mistakes, and we all do, you can't just demand for it to have no consequence.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
+1 lactose intolerant :/

milk is whatever, but I really miss cheese and ice cream

Soy milk tastes like stale cum (thanks Ratsky):

Yep. It's the skim milk of non-dairy drink products.

Almond milk is basically water with a taste of almonds. It's so empty compared to cow's milk. :/

Yeah, that's how I feel too. Almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk - they don't come close to the real thing. Even Lactaid milk (which is real milk) tastes weird.

As someone who's been cheated on, and who's done it themselves, I can say that it is often much more complicated than a clear cut case of "I'm gonna do something blatantly disrespectful of my partner because I'm a selfish bastard."

Why did you cheat?

DOWN

Banned
I'm eating Sbarro and listening to

http://youtu.be/bxjw_8RpoNI
bQEablH.gif

Spyware

milk is whatever, but I really miss cheese and ice cream
Ooooh ice cream.. I miss it soooo much.
A year ago my stomach gave up completely. Tests doesn't show anything, nothing I try helps at all and I can't eat... well, pretty much anything without horrible tummy ache, cramps and... other unpleasant things happening.
Some things are worse than others and ice cream is one of the worst :´(

Ooooh ice cream.. I miss it soooo much.
A year ago my stomach gave up completely. Tests doesn't show anything, nothing I try helps at all and I can't eat... well, pretty much anything without horrible tummy ache, cramps and... other unpleasant things happening.
Some things are worse than others and ice cream is one of the worst :´(
I usually take the Lactaid pill and I can handle most anything that dairy throws at my stomach. I don't do it often but it works generally.
Maybe you could try doing that?

Spyware

I usually take the Lactaid pill and I can handle most anything that dairy throws at my stomach. I don't do it often but it works generally.
Maybe you could try doing that?
We've sorta ruled out that it would be lactose related. It seems more like my body can't handle any type of fat :/

Which isn't what the cheaters in this thread have done. "I was drunk" isn't regret and self reflection.

Spyware

To those of you that have PS3s, should I get a Slim or Superslim? I kind of want a slim but no stores near me carry them.
I currently have both a slim and a superslim. I was pretty against getting a superslim due to people calling it "cheaply made" and saying that it's noisy. Got it anyway when I found it really cheap together with a game my partner wanted. It's not noisier than the slim at all so I dunno what people were talking about ^^
I was gonna say that it's annoying to clean out the dust from the striped top of it, but then I remembered that the slim's rough surface is even worse. My slim never ever looks clean and I hate it :p

Go with the superslim, I'd say. It's the newest and cheapest model :)

VegiHam

Which isn't what the cheaters in this thread have done. "I was drunk" isn't regret and self reflection.

Those aren't the same thing though? 'I was drunk' is the excuse; the thinking is that people will ask themselves 'why was I willing to do that while drunk' and conclude that they're in the wrong relationship or something. it's not an alternative to doing the thinking but a starting point. People don't generally do self reflection in public you know.

Those aren't the same thing though? 'I was drunk' is the excuse; the thinking is that people will ask themselves 'why was I willing to do that while drunk' and conclude that they're in the wrong relationship or something. it's not an alternative to doing the thinking but a starting point. People don't generally do self reflection in public you know.

Maybe don't make excuses in public then?

Elitist1945

I currently have both a slim and a superslim. I was pretty against getting a superslim due to people calling it "cheaply made" and saying that it's noisy. Got it anyway when I found it really cheap together with a game my partner wanted. It's not noisier than the slim at all so I dunno what people were talking about ^^
I was gonna say that it's annoying to clean out the dust from the striped top of it, but then I remembered that the slim's rough surface is even worse. My slim never ever looks clean and I hate it :p

Go with the superslim, I'd say. It's the newest and cheapest model :)

Thanks, thats the one I shall get then! I saw it bundled with The Last of Us for $220 and that seems like a good deal. I already have TLOU so I'll just give it to a cute guy at work lol.

Kevyt

One of my favorite dramas (a play) is Hedda Gabler by Henrik Ibsen.

"And the train goes on and on and on..."

Cate Blanchett is amazing as Hedda Gabler.

That's some good drama right there.

Spyware

Is this in English?
Not a Pokémon fan? ;D
I'm playing Pokémon Platinum with a special, hard ruleset known as Nuzlocke. I got a Buneary with a naughty "nature" (a stat thing) and found it funny because Buneary evolves into this.

Thanks, thats the one I shall get then! I saw it bundled with The Last of Us for $220 and that seems like a good deal. I already have TLOU so I'll just give it to a cute guy at work lol.
Awww!
Mine was bundled with GT6 and TLOU... No idea what I did with that extra TLOU. :S

Alavard

Whew.

I'd been putting off a certain job application for weeks for no damn reason. It just got built up more and more as something I was procrastinating and I couldn't do it. I had an up-to-date resume and a cover letter template that needed very little changing, and still couldn't do it. I even have a friend at the company willing to give me a referral. Well, finally sat down and pushed myself to do it.

It. Was. Easy.

And now there is a tremendous weight off my chest and I can enjoy some victory scotch!

Spyware

Is GT6 any good? Although it'd probably be a little jarring going to it after being spoiled by the PS4 with Driveclub. :/
I can't answer myself, it's not my type of game. My partner played it a lot more than I (and he) thought he would, and preferred it over Forza 5 (which was his fav series until that one). But since he got Driveclub last christmas he hasn't touched anything else :p
He still says Driveclub feels "more arcadey" and if he wants more of a sim feel he would choose GT6. Hope that helps :)

Koppai

CONFESSION TIME:

Yeah, I have cheated on my boyfriend numerous times, and him on me. Don't know why we came this far, I guess we don't see sex with other people as a total deal breaker.

He caught me this week, I didn't go all the way, but I still feel bad about it and I know he trust me less now because of it. Then he plowed my brains out after...

Maybe I am just living out my fantasy of being a ho, because I have been with him since 2012, and he is my first and only serious relationship.

TL;DR - I am a slutbag and don't know why <_>;

B-Dex

CONFESSION TIME:

Yeah, I have cheated on my boyfriend numerous times, and him on me. Don't know why we came this far, I guess we don't see sex with other people as a total deal breaker.

He caught me this week, I didn't go all the way, but I still feel bad about it and I know he trust me less now because of it. Then he plowed my brains out after...

Maybe I am just living out my fantasy of being a ho, because I have been with him since 2012, and he is my first and only serious relationship.

LettersGaf |OT| We really are just all slutbags

CONFESSION TIME:

Why not just have an open relationship? Sounds like neither you or your boyfriend are the monogamous type

Why is everyone in such a mad rush to be in a relationship if you're just going to be fucking other people anyway? If you can't NOT fuck everything that moves just arrange to have your guy be your main fuck friend and leave it at that. I swear this shit isn't rocket science.
cPEMIn7.gif

CONFESSION TIME:

Have you seriously considered talking about officially having a open relationship? Maybe that would be better for you, I don't know but I feel like it's worth a shot.

Delio

CONFESSION TIME:

Sounds like you two need an open relationship.

CONFESSION TIME:

tumblr_m0kxamWu6Q1qd8t4mo1_500.gif

Kevyt

Why is everyone in such a mad rush to be in a relationship if you're just going to be fucking other people anyway? If you can't NOT fuck everything that moves just arrange to have your guy be your main fuck friend and leave it at that. I swear this shit isn't rocket science.
cPEMIn7.gif

Ditto.

Maybe they're just young and hormones get the best of them. Biology and stuff.

No I'm not justifying this type of behavior, so Cornburrito don't come at me... I'm just thinking their frontal cortex isn't fully developed which allows certain people not be able to fully commit in a relationship because they make the wrong choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom