• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzo

That Dubai thread has me wondering, how conscious are you of avoiding countries where they have inequality, particularly for LGBT+ people?

I don't think about it often because I haven't traveled in a while, but I do realize that I've long thought as an adult I would certainly avoid places where homosexuality is illegal in some forms and that id also use more discretion on places that still have marriage inequality. I don't really want to ever get in a conversation where I would have to lie anymore about being gay or where my honesty would be unwelcome.

Exactly the same for me. I have no desire to go to a country where my idendity would have to be compromised. I wouldn't feel comfortable at all. Dubaï is a no-no, for that particular reason and others mentionned in the thread you're talking about.

Arcipello

That Dubai thread has me wondering, how conscious are you of avoiding countries where they have inequality, particularly for LGBT+ people?

I don't think about it often because I haven't traveled in a while, but I do realize that I've long thought as an adult I would certainly avoid places where homosexuality is illegal in some forms and that id also use more discretion on places that still have marriage inequality. I don't really want to ever get in a conversation where I would have to lie anymore about being gay or where my honesty would be unwelcome.

would certainly not go to russia, dubai on the other hand is somewhat more tolerant but have been known to arrest couples for kissing etc in public, both straight and gay.

scarlet

Which thread?

If you're talking about inequality it's like more than 80% of the world?

Razmos

I had a eureka moment earlier, because I remembered that my lactose intolerant ex used to buy milk and cheese ect that was lactose free but tasted like normal.

So I went to the shops and bought some lactose free milk and now i'm sat here drinking a cup of tea, and things are back to normal.

halfbeast

Banned
I go to croatia once a year and they're not very LGBT friendly there. I usually don't travel much because of lack of funds but I don't necessarily avoid countries for political reasons.

loupe.jpg

this is the best soy milk. so delicious

Sai-kun

Banned

Would absolutely never go to a place where I would have to compromise my identity.

VegiHam

I'd be happy going to Dubai alone or with mates. I mean avoiding homosexual contact would hardly be much of a change of pace anyway so why worry?

So last weekend when I went camping to Watershed was the longest I had ever grown out my facial hair, because I finally decided that I wanted to see how it grew out..

I got nervous when it was starting to hit my lip and so I trimmed it down when I got home. It grew pretty well in length but it's not like.. full and thick. Is that just how my hair is or did I do something wrong? LOL wahhh...

Edit: I know it's not really super long but it was the best I could do for about 1.5 weeks

Razmos

I have a thing for facial hair so that looks absolutely:
tumblr_n6mc8m1F1f1s4a02fo2_500.gif

Coming in here with your cute eyes and facial hair, begone I say!

My facial hair grows to about the same length but it's really patchy :(
I'm going to try fully shaving it rather than trimming it to see if that helps. Though it does mean i'll look like a toddler for a day or two.

Veeboy

So last weekend when I went camping to Watershed was the longest I had ever grown out my facial hair, because I finally decided that I wanted to see how it grew out..

I got nervous when it was starting to hit my lip and so I trimmed it down when I got home. It grew pretty well in length but it's not like.. full and thick. Is that just how my hair is or did I do something wrong? LOL wahhh...

Edit: I know it's not really super long but it was the best I could do for about 1.5 weeks
I dunno about maintaining facial hair, but I do know it seems like mine all grow weird, thin, and at varying rates so I don't know if there is anything wrong or not about your bears. Maybe give it a bit longer if you're not satisfied.
Either way it looks good to me but that may be because...
Razmos and I are on complete agreement.

Shokifer

I hate facial hair enough already, but teenage facial hair is the most disgusting thing on the planet. Probably the worst thing to happen to me over the summer holidays was my hermetic spidery beard.

Must. Kill.

halfbeast

Banned
btw, I've read that soy products are now the super villain of foods, anything to be worried about?

you cut those lip-molesting hair and keep growing that fur. at least that's how I do it. and yeah, they are super annoying, like spiders trying to force-open your mouth, so they can crawl into it.

Gonna try to make this brief and i dont know if this will make sense to some of you but

Yes, for the sake of safety avoiding these countries is certainly the best thing to do. You wouldn't want to be put into a situation where the laws of a foreign land affect you, your partner/S.O/ Family) and shouldn't have to compromise your own self and identity either.

edit: we always and should always be happy when we see progressive measures happen across the globe especially when its our own country we see change in, But we have to make sure we dont create a "its too late for them" mentality when it comes to other nations that have a history of homophobia. We have to look out for them as well so they can live their lives as they should, and then we can talk more about visiting. Safety is a concern for visitors but the people of the nation especially its their lives 24/7 that is in constant fear.

Sometimes however when this conversation comes up (not particularly on here) people can tend to black list these countries, and completely/ or temporarily ignore the unfortunate reality that Queer and LGBT+ people reside in these countries, that our people there need help, and have lives and their own way of navigating their lives in this culture and the constant struggle and pain they live in. They should be acknowledged for their perseverance and not be left alone in their fight for survival to live their lives.

Coming in here with your cute eyes and facial hair, begone I say!

My facial hair grows to about the same length but it's really patchy :(
I'm going to try fully shaving it rather than trimming it to see if that helps. Though it does mean i'll look like a toddler for a day or two.

I dunno about maintaining facial hair, but I do know it seems like mine all grow weird, thin, and at varying rates so I don't know if there is anything wrong or not about your bears. Maybe give it a bit longer if you're not satisfied.
Either way it looks good to me but that may be because...

Razmos and I are on complete agreement.
Thanks guys :') Y'all are too kind.. ^//^ <3

Also thanks for taking the time to respond as well! I'm not 100% sure what to do really! It doesn't grow as thick and full as I'd want it to! But I really love facial hair so I think I'm gonna try to keep giving it a shot X_X! I don't really like how my face looks completely shaven.

Also, that Shuckle gif might be my new favourite. I'm actually cackling so hard at work hahahaha

I hate facial hair enough already, but teenage facial hair is the most disgusting thing on the planet. Probably the worst thing to happen to me over the summer holidays was my hermetic spidery beard.

Must. Kill.
I personally looooove facial hair on other dudes! Which is why I've been giving it a try! We'll see what happens LOL.
<3 <3 <3! ^//^

you cut those lip-molesting hair and keep growing that fur. at least that's how I do it. and yeah, they are super annoying, like spiders trying to force-open your mouth, so they can crawl into it.
That description is so perfectly accurate it hurts ;_; LOL. It feels like they're touching me inappropriately :'(.

So if I just trim those edges where my lips are continue to let it grow, do you think it'll thicken up a bit?

From what I understand soy causes elevated estrogen levels in men which, among other things, cause man boobs.
I think if I remember correctly, this is sort of a myth..

It's true that soy is a high-estrogen product, but it rarely causes breast development in males, I think! Men already have such a low natural estrogen level in the body, so a glass of soy milk everyday isn't going to affect those levels so drastically!

What I have heard, though, is that when men drink soy milk for extended periods of time, it can inhibit their body's ability to efficiently absorb protein? Who knows at this point X_X I might have no idea what I'm talking about LOL

halfbeast

Banned
From what I understand soy causes elevated estrogen levels in men which, among other things, cause man boobs.

oh, right! no, I meant they have new super villain powers, lol. have to see if I can find the article again.

That description is so perfectly accurate it hurts ;_; LOL. It feels like they're touching me inappropriately :'(.

So if I just trim those edges where my lips are continue to let it grow, do you think it'll thicken up a bit?

eh, you'll have to wait and see. mine's not getting any thicker either, I mean, they can grow longer but you could still see the skin underneath. it also gets real itchy.

Vazduh

BlueBadger, that's a nice beard. Thumbs up!

I go to croatia once a year and they're not very LGBT friendly there. I usually don't travel much because of lack of funds but I don't necessarily avoid countries for political reasons.

Unfortunately, that's true for the most part. However, Istria (and Kvarner) is much more LGBT-friendly than other Croatian regions. LGBT tourists might be able to enjoy themselves much more there.

A9xFrYk.jpg

Sadly, I live in Slavonia which is the most conservative region in Croatia :/ I'd love to move from here soon.

Poor Vazduh :(

LOL :*

Eh, I got used to it a long time ago. It's not like I'm looking atm anyway :eek: :eek: :eek:
(I should, tho, before my dick shrivels up and falls off)

Kevyt

I've been drinking soymilk like a baby calf drinks their mother's milk right after birth. My breasts have not gotten any bigger.

I don't mind moobs.

Kater

Banned
Sometimes however when this conversation comes up (not particularly on here) people can tend to black list these countries, and completely/ or temporarily ignore the unfortunate reality that Queer and LGBT+ people reside in these countries, that our people there need help, and have lives and their own way of navigating their lives in this culture and the constant struggle and pain they live in. They should be acknowledged for their perseverance and not be left alone in their fight for survival to live their lives.
Sheesh, yeah. Feels like people are forgetting about Russia, they completely erased it from their mind or something.

The people there who struggle deserve out attention too. It's so sad to see basically no interest is there for the minority struggles in continents like Russia and Africa (big parts of it at least, some parts are okay for queer people).

Oh, and hi! Long time no see. :)

Kevyt

Gonna try to make this brief and i dont know if this will make sense to some of you but

Yes, for the sake of safety avoiding these countries is certainly the best thing to do. You wouldn't want to be put into a situation where the laws of a foreign land affect you, your partner/S.O/ Family) and shouldn't have to compromise your own self and identity either.

edit: we always and should always be happy when we see progressive measures happen across the globe especially when its our own country we see change in, But we have to make sure we dont create a "its too late for them" mentality when it comes to other nations that have a history of homophobia. We have to look out for them as well so they can live their lives as they should, and then we can talk more about visiting. Safety is a concern for visitors but the people of the nation especially its their lives 24/7 that is in constant fear.

Chronos!! <3

Welcome back!! o/

mantidor

This guy I might have mentioned in the thread was absolutely obsessed with arab stuff after a trip to Jordan and surrounding countries, he was filming a documentary.

He started to come up with absolutely insane stuff, like how arab countries weren't misogynistic because they actually worshipped women and other non sense.

I can't believe I liked him once, uurgh.

Tl;dr I despise anyone doing tourism in these places if they know about the situation but ignore it. I don't care how cool and tall the Burj Kalifa is, that country shouldn't recieve a single cent from tourism.

Edit: ok maybe despise is too strong, disappointed is more likely.

Koppai

Holy shit you are gorgeous.

Razmos

First full day of avoiding dairy:
I fix my "no cups of tea" problem by getting lactose-free milk, problem solved! I feel absolutely fine all day.

Then my dad makes burgers. Usually he asks if I want cheese on them and today of all days, he didn't.
He scraped the cheese off, and all that was left was the tiniest amount and a bit of residue, and i'm like "eh, there is so little there I doubt it will have any effect"

One Hour Later
1383876786324.gif

Note to self: You are an idiot

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I've come to like lactaid more than regular milk, I like the sweet tinge.

Too bad it's like 3x the price :/

You thirsty sluts. And here I thought I was bad doing it in the married chiropractors office after hours.

deets

+1 Lactose intolerance, and I love dairy. It's a problem.

the struggle is real

this is literally the perfect description of lip hairs

QFT

I've been drinking soymilk like a baby calf drinks their mother's milk right after birth.

even though you think it tastes like stale cum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom