• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I had hoped the new name would signify the end of that regrettable phase...

There are no regrets.
bts_lina.gif

RM8

LOL FE has always been anime AF. They added extra pandering in the latest entries but there has always been fan service and anime dialogue. But you do you hunty.
bts_lina.gif
Even though the art in FE has always been anime, games prior to Awakening could belong to an entirely different series, really. Focus, narrative, character design, gameplay elements. The series is now tainted with pet your waifu crap :[

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Even though the art in FE has always been anime, games prior to Awakening could belong to an entirely different series, really. Focus, narrative, character design, gameplay elements. The series is now tainted with pet your waifu crap :[

They should have let Ike pet Soren.
invoker-laugh.gif

And I know it was different but in a way it seems the series have changed in terms of narrative with what is popular in terms of anime. Took them long to actually jump on the old enough girl that happens to look like a toddler troupe.

Golnei

They should have let Ike pet Soren.
invoker-laugh.gif

And I know it was different but in a way it seems the series have changed in terms of narrative with what is popular in terms of anime. Took them long to actually jump on the old enough girl that happens to look like a toddler troupe.

To jump on it to the extent of Nowi and Elise, at least. Lolis have always been a staple of the series, but explicitly focusing on them in a romantic and sexual way is new. That's one of the more distasteful trends they've uncritically adopted - it might be a symptom of the larger industry, but the way the series has interacted with the current anime zeitgest has undoubtedly changed, not just the trends themselves. The Tellius games never had any suggestive 1/6 size statuettes despite that being long since established at the time for the genre, for example. But then again, they were also colossal failures, so maybe they should have adopted their current direction a decade ago.

Also, Ike is straight. Don't erase critical heterosexual representation.

RM8

The DS games actually did fine (especially considering the second one never left Japan). But Nintendo wanted more, and well, Awakening happened :(

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
The Real O'Neals is my favorite new show.

You got me watching the pilot on Hulu. The gay kid so far is a great lead. He's also cute.*

*I looked it up: he's 21 and openly gay.

EDIT: Oh dear, I just realized he reminds me a ton of a guy I went to high school with.

Last update: On my third and final episode of the night. Loving it. Not buying the transition from uber Catholic to comfortably gay, but I guess maybe that's how it goes these days with some kids.

IvorB

Ha ha! I knew everyone would jump on the Canadian guy. I feel like the Greek PM has his moments:

4431b914-78ed-47f9-860b-8f80126b80f3.jpg

Obviously the standard is a lot lower when it comes to politicians...

Anyone in Austin for SXSW? Bf performed at a drag event Tuesday night (named Tuesgayz, naturally) which was fun, even though the next morning was not. lol

Pic pre-show:

FullSizeRender_zpsmuph038t.jpg

I was planning to mostly stay away from SXSW events but there's a gaming expo going on this afternoon that I can't miss out on. I've been seeing some parking garages showing $80 prices though which just makes me nervous about being able to park anywhere near downtown. :/

Razmos

Need to work up the courage to ask the hot bi guy at work (who im pretty sure is attracted to me) for a huge favour, since he lives really close to me and drives to work, and for 4 days in a couple of weeks there won't be any trains running meaning I can't get to work without spending an unreasonable amount of money and a probably even longer commute.

So I need to ask for a lift to work those 4 days. We are pretty friendly and we have a load in common, and we regularly see each other on Grindr (he has a girlfriend now though apparently, so he's only looking for friends).

I'm always pretty nervous asking for stuff like that in the first place, and the fact that he is really hot, bi, and we are somewhat flirty just makes me even more nervous lol, but I need to ask him.

It would probably be a bonding experience and make us good friends if we did, and I'd probably get his number too, I'd just have to try not to flirt too much haha

Need to work up the courage to ask the hot bi guy at work (who im pretty sure is attracted to me) for a huge favour, since he lives really close to me and drives to work, and for 4 days in a couple of weeks there won't be any trains running meaning I can't get to work without spending an unreasonable amount of money and a probably even longer commute.

So I need to ask for a lift to work those 4 days. We are pretty friendly and we have a load in common, and we regularly see each other on Grindr (he has a girlfriend now though apparently, so he's only looking for friends).

I'm always pretty nervous asking for stuff like that in the first place, and the fact that he is really hot, bi, and we are somewhat flirty just makes me even more nervous lol, but I need to ask him.

It would probably be a bonding experience and make us good friends if we did, and I'd probably get his number too, I'd just have to try not to flirt too much haha
You can do it, Razy. It's just a ride. It's not like you're asking him for a sex tape or anything.

And flirting is good. I flirt with everyone, so don't worry anout that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom