• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
I haven't gone through all 700+, but they seem to be pretty standard at a glance. I don't think anyone was threatening to bring out the gas chambers like in the comments section for the trailers for the documentary series I can't bring myself to type out the name of.
Gaycation?

Why do people not like the name. It's cute. People accept shit like "Gaymer" but Gaycation is somehow terrible. Silly

a woman: "that's not a REAL man....smh that (censored) gay af (shitty emoji)

a guy: "omg bruh this shit is gay af bruh look (laughing crying emoji)

someone: *tags a friend along with an inside joke and the laughing crying emoji*

another guy: "you bitches wish y'all had a man like that in your bedroom"

repeat x700
Yeah this is the best description.

Golnei

Gaycation?

Why do people not like the name. It's cute. People accept shit like "Gaymer" but Gaycation is somehow terrible. Silly

Those are probably different groups of people, not evidence of a double standard. At least for me, the other term is just as tacky.

Kater

Banned
I don't see how it can be as terrible as Gaymer. For me Gaycation is cute whereas Gaymer is not.

I just question it because I see so many people ridicule the name of the documentary, not wanting to spell it out etc and on the other hand people using the term "Gaymer" to describe themselves don't get the same kind of ridicule for using it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't see how it can be as terrible as Gaymer. For me Gaycation is cute whereas Gaymer is not.

I just question it because I see so many people ridicule the name of the documentary, not wanting to spell it out etc and on the other hand people using the term "Gaymer" to describe themselves don't get the same kind of ridicule for using it.

Gaymer the only difference is 1 added letter and it still makes it tacky. Vacation they change it more to fit gay into it. Both are tacky ways to get Gay on it when its not even needed.

When I go on a vacation I don't need to say I'm going on a gay vacation and when I'm playing videogames I do not need to say my sexual orientation cause that is not relevant when I'm playing a game. As for Gaycation I get the point is to make the documentary obvious that is about traveling to different locations to talk about LGBT issues/rights and its "quicker" or "easier" to say than Gay Vacations and in a way tacky or not it somewhat leaves an impression more than saying Gay Vacation. The name Gaycation sounds like another sequel "Not Another Gay Movie" tbh.

Still both tacky but I don't see how one is better or worse than the other in this case. Gaycation as tacky as the name might be the content which is the thing that matters is good and I doubt the name alone will stop people from watching it.

I think gaymer works because it doesn't change the pronunciation of the word and shows that you aren't part of the weird misogynist gaming community that is so prevalent.
Gays can be as misogynist as straight people so no I dont see how that separates people when you can find the same disgusting people no matter the sexual orientation.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
But I'm not seeing you tomorrow?

He said his favorites.
invoker-laugh.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have any issues with "gaycation" as a term on its own, but having now watched two episodes in the series, to me it feels like the title does not fit it well. I see vacations as relaxed, fun experiences that are frivolous. The video series so far has tackled fairly serious issues and appears to have a purpose of teaching about LGBT cultures and concerns around the world. A video series called "Gaycation" brings to mind people going to various locations to party like crazy, maybe finding people to hook up with, and then recovering from their hangovers while they enjoy other aspects of queer culture (perhaps a drag show or something). I feel like this "Gaycation" has more to say than its name implies, which I see as unfortunate but nothing worse than that.

Fuck, I really need to work on my thesis tomorrow.

Going to wake up at 5:30 am and work on it from 6 am until 6 pm with an hour break and only go on GAF after 6 pm.

This is totally going to work and I'm totally not going to be dissapointed with myself tomorrow evening. Optimism!

Good luck! I'm in the same boat as you.

Razmos

Managed to ask the hot bi guy at work for a lift to and from work for a week, he agreed pretty much straight away and then we spent over an hour chatting through works messaging system, eep.

As you can imagine a lot of fantasies are going through my head right now. Even my boss accused me of flirting with this guy, my attraction to him must be pretty obvious lol

DOWN

Banned
I think Gaycation is a great name tbh

Also I bought Uncharted Collection on the PS4 sale this week partially because they rock and partially cuz these exotic trips with Nathan Drake are a little bit of a gaycation of their own for Letters GAF am i rite?

Kater

Banned
Gaymer the only difference is 1 added letter and it still makes it tacky. Vacation they change it more to fit gay into it. Both are tacky ways to get Gay on it when its not even needed.

When I go on a vacation I don't need to say I'm going on a gay vacation and when I'm playing videogames I do not need to say my sexual orientation cause that is not relevant when I'm playing a game. As for Gaycation I get the point is to make the documentary obvious that is about traveling to different locations to talk about LGBT issues/rights and its "quicker" or "easier" to say than Gay Vacations and in a way tacky or not it somewhat leaves an impression more than saying Gay Vacation. The name Gaycation sounds like another sequel "Not Another Gay Movie" tbh.

Still both tacky but I don't see how one is better or worse than the other in this case. Gaycation as tacky as the name might be the content which is the thing that matters is good and I doubt the name alone will stop people from watching it.

Gays can be as misogynist as straight people so no I dont see how that separates people when you can find the same disgusting people no matter the sexual orientation.
Still think Gaycation is cute and won't agree with you on calling it tacky but I agree on what you said about gay people being able to say misogynistic shit.

I think Gaycation is a great name tbh
*nods*

Nathan Drake looks like Fabio but with short hair.
Back when we had that thread about who should play him in a film I said Pedro Pascal. From the actors I know he looks the most like Nathan Drake in Uncharted 4 does (from what I saw of him in that first trailer back then).

Gaytheist
You know, that's somehow even worse than "Gaymer". :s

It's like people don't know that the term gaycation has existed for decades or something.
I havent heard that term till the show.

SXSW was fun the league tournament was pretty fun we got out second round because we where against the second best team there and we never really played that much together. It was pretty neat being the only high school students left after the first round though. I went to the exhibition floor for a while after that and check out a few games. Over all it was fun.

SXSW was fun the league tournament was pretty fun we got out second round because we where against the second best team there and we never really played that much together. It was pretty neat being the only high school students left after the first round though. I went to the exhibition floor for a while after that and check out a few games. Over all it was fun.
What was the game in the tournament?
Yeah no kidding, I once dated a 64 year old without knowing he was 64. I thought he was in his late forties at most because of how good he had aged.

He was hot.
OMG Seathy, no! Unless he was paying you big money, you shouldn't do that to yourself. 👴🏼

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom