• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I expect VR to go over about as well as the home 3DTV market did. Fact is, the vast majority of people aren't interested in wearing clunky, dumb shit on their face to play a game or watch a movie - and thank goodness for that.

I havent been following VR. What interesting games have been shown?
there's a real fun youtube channel that I would link but I'm on mobile. They're called NODE and they posted a vid of real cool multi-player VR game called "Raw Data" a day or two ago. You should check that channel out and I don't make recommendations often.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I expect VR to go over about as well as the home 3DTV market did. Fact is, the vast majority of people aren't interested in wearing clunky, dumb shit on their face to play a game or watch a movie - and thank goodness for that.

I think in these early days, with the prices and form factors currently available, it's going to purely be an enthusiast product. It'll probably be this way for a number of years. However, in 10 years, if there's a VR headset that is independently powered, costs $200-$300, and can offer compelling experiences or functionality (for social activity or whatnot), then I could easily see it becoming a thing that people have, in the way that many people have a camera built into their computer or as an attachment for Skyping and whatnot. I say that with more certainty if in 20-30 years the device is not much bigger than your average pair of sunglasses or goggles. This big success I'm alluding to depends on how VR expands outside of video games, but I could see it becoming a fairly common accessory in video games in the next 10 years unless there are tech hurdles that are never overcome.

I made up those milestones, prices, and timeframes on the spot, so I apologize to anyone more knowledgeable than me if they're highly unlikely. Also, I say this as someone who at this moment has very little, if any, interest in using VR at any point in his life.

there's a real fun youtube channel that I would link but I'm on mobile. They're called NODE and they posted a vid of real cool multi-player VR game called "Raw Data" a day or two ago. You should check that channel out and I don't make recommendations often.
I've got some Raw Data for you, MG. 😏

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Hmmm sadly that didnt do anything for me. Then again that is my usual reaction to shooters.

DOWN

Banned
V4qKW0v.gif

Hmmm I think the first person perspective is mostly not for me. LOL
damn. I would say that you're SOL but there may be some third person VR games coming. Harada says the Tekken will come to VR but not in the traditional sense. guess we'll have to wait n see.
I'll send you anything you want, Zeddy. Check your inbox for some "Raw Data."
is "Raw Data" the same as "No Data". my box empty af
don't play with my emotions + dick > dickmotions

Kevyt

Lol, dickmatized is like when you look at a D and can't stop thinking about it. It's from Johnny McGovern's "Dickmatized" song.

Also, @DP: no my avatar is not Katy Perry (disgust)

It's Paige from WWE Divas.

tumblr_nhripjDQnw1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Seath would wear a hazmat suit to a bukakke.

You know me too well, my fellow grapefruit. I would very much wear one.

3phemeral

Went to the Meijer Sculpture Gardens today because they had a butterfly exhibit I always heard of but never had the chance to see until now. Feels truly magical to be surrounded by hundreds of gorgeously colored butterflies fluttering around you.

Also had a chance to visit their newly constructed Japanese Gardens and while nice, I imagine it'll be better in mid-Spring since all the plant life was dormant. There was a teahouse on the edge of the lake, too, but they're apparently only open one day each month from summer to fall.

Anyone in Michigan close enough to Grand Rapids should definitely visit.

IvorB

3D TV is excellent though. I'm not sure if VR is going to be that significant for gaming but it's general applications should be pretty great including certain *ahem* movie viewing experiences.

rtmmp0t.png

Suicide Squad is our only hope.

I want that Batman vs Superman movie to go down in flames so that Ben Affleck doesn't even get to dream about playing Batman again.

This, however, is a f**king disgrace:

Such a shame since Jero Leto is ace and could have done a really good job as Joker.

Kater

Banned
"I created a new member of the Ginyu Force." :D

As for nice voices, I could name Gopher. I can watch his LPs for hours sometimes while drawing or cooking. He has the perfect storyteller voice.

Example A

Example B

I dont know if any of you guys follow sleepycabin but basically it is a group of a bunch of newgrounds animators, and voice actors that got together and just make stuff and also record a podcast called sleepycast. There podcast always has me crying and out of breath from laughing so hard.
Back to the topic of voices Niall who is part of it got a nice Irish accent which i find pretty cute.

http://youtu.be/XPsLtf4I8PE

He kinda has the homeless guy look though, but i like it.

A couple years ago when I was in the 8th grade, all the English teachers gave their students the assignment of writing a letter to your future self as someone who was graduating high school in a few weeks. The letters were then kept by those teachers in sealed folders, not to be opened or read by anyone but ourselves when the time eventually comes.
Well it's time to reap.

Also Jude Law,

Sometimes his looks slay me too but that can be hit or miss. But his voice, oh god I honestly think if he spoke to me I'd be unable to form a human sound in response.

A couple years ago when I was in the 8th grade, all the English teachers gave their students the assignment of writing a letter to your future self as someone who was graduating high school in a few weeks. The letters were then kept by those teachers in sealed folders, not to be opened or read by anyone but ourselves when the time eventually comes.
Well it's time to reap.
Thats neat, im pretty sure when i was in like 5th grade they did that but only for a year, and i think my parent still have it around the house some where. Maybe they did the same thing at my high school and i just can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom